Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:54:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 [1817] 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722629 times)
droptable

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:10:23 AM

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:14:15 AM

DarkCoin Mac OS X Update v0.9.10
updated 12 June 2014, built with latest OpenSSL 1.0.1h

URL: https://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkCoin-Qt-MacOSX-v0.9.10.zip

mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/abanwlp72yz7zur/DarkCoin-Qt-MacOSX-v0.9.10.zip

zip shasum: 7df7f3e4964ee897fdf6bda81d455f80eccd69c0

🌟 Fellow Mac user! If you appreciate this release please support me by sending a DRK coffee tip, any amount is appreciated!

DRK: XtwzEuurDTNeVK5a26AzzZDdVkkPkAQ7Eu

Note: If your wallet fails to update to the latest block, carefully do the following:

0. Reminder: always have a backup of your wallet.dat
1. make sure that your DarkCoin.app resides in your Applications folder and is closed
2. delete peers.dat and remove all addnode= entries from your darkcoin.conf (if you have one)
3. fire up Terminal.app and paste this to reindex the Blockchain:

Code:
/Applications/DarkCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/DarkCoin-Qt -reindex
-- voilà, it syncs to the latest block.

Donations List (pm me your username to appear here),  thank you!
2014-05-05     +1.45662795  
2014-05-13     +5        
2014-05-14     +30
2014-05-16     +0.01
2014-05-18     +1
2014-05-21     +0.1
2014-05-21     +0.4
2014-05-27     +1
2014-05-27     +2        (thx bloxton)
2014-05-28     +5

Mac users, UPDATE !!

By the way, I dont see Darksend in the QT... ??
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:20:05 AM

Updated thanks InstaCash!

All please update your wallets today! Only three days tills the fork!
roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:22:10 AM

Are the instructions to setup a cold storage MN available?
naxin

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:30:45 AM

is it a bad idea to setup a masternode on windows 7 ?

with unnecesasary services turned off and firewall + antivirus installed.
Please please please do it. You will have given me 1000 DRK within 2 weeks of you launching it. I'm not even a little bit joking. The number of attack vectors I would have is unreal. Not as bad as say running a MN on win xp (god forbid...), but still.

So basically no one should even run their standard wallets on windows 7?

So much for going mainstream. Smiley
No there is an incredibly large difference.

With a masternode I know a few very important pieces of information. I have a target which I am 100% confident has 1000 DRK at a minimum. And I have an IP address at which those DRK reside.

That is very different than any old wallet. I have no way of linking an IP address to a high value wallet for sure. And an IP addresses I do know have a darkcoin wallet on them, I have no idea how much is on it, and to me, my time is incredibly valuable. Spending 20 hours attacking one wallet to get 2 DRK is not worth it. For 1000? Absolutely.

Please please please do it. You will have given me 1000 DRK within 2 weeks of you launching it. I'm not even a little bit joking. The number of attack vectors I would have is unreal. Not as bad as say running a MN on win xp (god forbid...), but still.

He's talking nonsense and pretending like he knows a lot, while he actually does not. The idea is not bad or good. You would have to work hard and set it up correctly so that you won't get attacked IMO. There is no way for him to get 1000 DRK within 2 weeks even if he hacked you.
I am not talking nonsense and I can assure you, I know exactly what I am talking about. Why you would lie and give a user false sense of security is beyond me. I'm hoping it is out of your ignorance, not malice.

Yes, a windows 7 server absolutely could be setup to be secure, even if it was the main computer you used. But now let's be really honest, if someone is asking about setting up a node on their win 7 desktop, do you really think they are capable of doing that? Absolutely not.

There security implications go so much further beyond just getting hacked, by hosting your node on a residential connection and not in a data center, a nefariousness person could find you. Social engineering is a very real thing and works much better than hacking. So now, the hacker has your home address and location of the server. Fuck trying to hack you, they'll just drive to your house and rob you. Or, park out front, grab your wifi key, send it to a cloud GPU cluster to crack it, then because 9x.xx% of people don't change their router password (not wifi, the root router password) from the defaults, they could change your DNS servers to their own DNS servers and monitor your traffic. Then, when you went to an unencrypted site to download something, they would MITM attack you, directing you to their own server and feeding you a fake download link with a RAT. There are plenty of RATS which go 100% undetected, so your antivirus will do nothing. And you won't be the least be suspicious because the file you are downloading is from a trusted site. Or so you thought.

And the thing of it is? If you spent $5 / month on a VPS and just ran your MN on a locked down linux server in a secure data center as recommended, none of that could have happened!
predatorkill

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:38:09 AM

There security implications go so much further beyond just getting hacked, by hosting your node on a residential connection and not in a data center, a nefariousness person could find you. Social engineering is a very real thing and works much better than hacking. So now, the hacker has your home address and location of the server. Fuck trying to hack you, they'll just drive to your house and rob you. Or, park out front, grab your wifi key, send it to a cloud GPU cluster to crack it, then because 9x.xx% of people don't change their router password (not wifi, the root router password) from the defaults, they could change your DNS servers to their own DNS servers and monitor your traffic. Then, when you went to an unencrypted site to download something, they would MITM attack you, directing you to their own server and feeding you a fake download link with a RAT. There are plenty of RATS which go 100% undetected, so your antivirus will do nothing. And you won't be the least be suspicious because the file you are downloading is from a trusted site. Or so you thought.

And the thing of it is? If you spent $5 / month on a VPS and just ran your MN on a locked down linux server in a secure data center as recommended, none of that could have happened!

Do not forget DDOS attack on that IP, it could make the MN to stay off the grid

Lovok

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:38:41 AM

Lovok's DRK P2Pool node located in the Czech Republic (0.5% fee)

http://lovok.no-ip.com:7903

On latest 0.9.10.1 wallet and last p2pool commit to support upcoming fork.

CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:40:34 AM

With a masternode I know a few very important pieces of information. I have a target which I am 100% confident has 1000 DRK at a minimum. And I have an IP address at which those DRK reside.

That is very different than any old wallet. I have no way of linking an IP address to a high value wallet for sure. And an IP addresses I do know have a darkcoin wallet on them, I have no idea how much is on it, and to me, my time is incredibly valuable. Spending 20 hours attacking one wallet to get 2 DRK is not worth it. For 1000? Absolutely.

How do you have a target with known 1000drk on it when masternodes now have the 1000drk on a cold wallet?
S_Uber

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:52:19 AM

He's talking nonsense and pretending like he knows a lot, while he actually does not. The idea is not bad or good. You would have to work hard and set it up correctly so that you won't get attacked IMO. There is no way for him to get 1000 DRK within 2 weeks even if he hacked you.
I am not talking nonsense and I can assure you, I know exactly what I am talking about. Why you would lie and give a user false sense of security is beyond me. I'm hoping it is out of your ignorance, not malice.

Yes, a windows 7 server absolutely could be setup to be secure, even if it was the main computer you used. But now let's be really honest, if someone is asking about setting up a node on their win 7 desktop, do you really think they are capable of doing that? Absolutely not.

Hmmm but now with the cold wallet on your home pc, doesn't that change the situation?

From what you are saying, maybe it is safer to keep the 1000 DRK on the VPS than on your home pc? Or what would be best?
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 10:53:57 AM

Just use CSF to lockdown your MN. Very easy.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 10:57:29 AM

You can also configure CSF to prevent general DDOS attacks. Not super difficult.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Perl++

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:03:29 AM

Linux... you kidding? linux is vulnerable too.

Win7 + Comodo = better than linux. (winXP + Comodo = better than Win7 + Comodo)

Smiley

PS: 1000 drk on a VPS .... double facepalm.
droptable

Activity: 363

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:09:34 AM

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
chaeplin

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:27:32 AM

Smiley

Linux is OK.

What is Comodo ?

Win7 ? Oh It's ok as log as you do not run explorer and do not open website.
S_Uber

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:33:01 AM

Can you use CSF on Ubuntu? On their homepage they mention supporting RedHat, CentOS, CloudLinux and Fedora.

Also, can anyone give me a rundown of how to get darkcoin masternode working on Ubuntu? I have Ubuntu 32 bit on a VM but when following Chaeplin's guide I got stuck at the local part Sad
I tried the same steps as for the EC2, but at step 9 (install darkcoin) but at : time make -f makefile.unix, something went wrong. Didn't check the response as I tried a few other things. Will try again on fresh install, not sure if I'm doing it right though.
chaeplin

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:34:28 AM

Can you use CSF on Ubuntu? On their homepage they mention supporting RedHat, CentOS, CloudLinux and Fedora.

Also, can anyone give me a rundown of how to get darkcoin masternode working on Ubuntu? I have Ubuntu 32 bit on a VM but when following Chaeplin's guide I got stuck at the local part Sad
I tried the same steps as for the EC2, but at step 9 (install darkcoin) but at : time make -f makefile.unix, something went wrong. Didn't check the response as I tried a few other things. Will try again on fresh install, not sure if I'm doing it right though.

Current RC binary supports 64bit only.

Code:
file darkcoin*
darkcoin-qt: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, not stripped
darkcoind:   ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, not stripped
S_Uber

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:41:54 AM

Current RC binary supports 64bit only.

Code:
file darkcoin*
darkcoin-qt: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, not stripped
darkcoind:   ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, not stripped

OK thanks El Presidente, I will discuss in darkcointalk.org Smiley
Perl++

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:42:02 AM

Smiley

Linux is OK.

What is Comodo ?

Linux without any security is ok? it's not ok Wink if the most part of the hackers are trying to hack windows is because most peoples are using windows.

CIS (comodo internet security) include a firewall, antivirus, HIPS, ect, ect, personally i turn off the antivirus because i'm a malware's student, but firewall and HIPS is just amazing.

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 11:43:33 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 12:30:36 PM by Ozziecoin

CSF is available on Ubuntu. Make sure you close all ports and turn it on. Testing = "0"

Add your ip to CSF.allow.

Edit: open port 9999

blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:52:40 AM

Smiley

Linux is OK.

What is Comodo ?

Linux without any security is ok? it's not ok Wink if the most part of the hackers are trying to hack windows is because most peoples are using windows.

CIS (comodo internet security) include a firewall, antivirus, HIPS, ect, ect, personally i turn off the antivirus because i'm a malware's student, but firewall and HIPS is just amazing.

Malware student? contrix to Virus students? I mean I never understood this. I heard malware/adware/spyware was good shit to have. Truthfully I ended up with a lot of virus trying to download these stuff and at that time I didn't know about other virus programs detecting others as "threats". So it ended locking down half my disc making it impossible to work with. Since I my hate for preinstalled Norton's (dem bazzi'es needs to be uninstalled in the computers core, head, thumb, booger - rather making it not so easy for you to uninstall it.) I always went for AVG free versions. Never had any problems since. Can you elaborate shorty?
Pages: « 1 ... 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 [1817] 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: