Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:54:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 2674 2675 [2676] 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
DarthPiggy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:32:25 AM

CAN NOBODY HERE SEE WHAT I AM POSTING?

Question: I have read your post and a bit confused. I am new to drk, can you give me a break down of how much time it should takes to send various amounts of dark anonymously?

Dark anonymizes the funds ahead of time and is constantly mixing the coin supply. This way when you need to spend, the transactions are immediate no need to wait. People are experimenting with how much time it takes to put large amount of DRK through the maximum 8 rounds of mixing which is an absolute over kill from a practical perspective, but is inevitable to want to test the system limits. But really you just anonymize once at your leisure and your anon coins sit there ready to be spent when you need to.

Indeed ! People are not getting it! ... I put my coins on a ridiculous 4 round and only took about 2h to get 4000 DRK totally anonymised, and at a fraction cost so low its almost daft to consider!!

Ok one further question.. Can you explain what is the difference between 1 round, 2 round, 3, etc of mixing. Why is 8 rounds even an option if 1 round is sufficient? How do you know how many rounds to pick to get anonymous?

The  several rounds are just to eliminate the possibility of a large number of masternodes  colluding with each other to deanon transactions. The possibility of that happening is very very low with 2 hops and with 8 rounds is just practically impossible. There is a spreadsheet showing the probabilities in the link below and also an explanation from Evan on how it works.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-15th.1788/

thx for the info. So if I understand this correctly, using this mathematics: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080126081910AAdbGVx
60 of the current 600 masternodes are owned by bad actors, and I send 100 transactions at a rate of 2 hops, then there is a 63% chance that one will get detected? Is this right and is there any way to avoid this if I want to do a large number of transactions anonymously?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:34:47 AM

If the dumpage and fear spreads it could also affect DRK... who knows maybe it is already, in other conditions we might be >.01 in advance of RC4 at this point.

This is all a necessary form of financial natural selection. The strong will survive; darkcoin has many evolutionary advantages supporting it. It may be a few tough days or weeks right here but when we come out on the other side, things will look much brighter as we wipe our eyes and the sun shines again... on the DRK side!

Wow glad I slept through this most recent DRK carnage. It's hard to watch (yes there is blood in the streets at this point). The f'ing trolls have won this battle today but will have their poop slung back in their faces soon. Looking forward to the bounce.

Edit: not blaming the drop on the trolls. This looks like some desperation selling now. Longs losing faith and panicking...
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:37:33 AM

Reversal? Too soon...I wanted another week of low prices

+1

These last few days have been a gift...

FFS please stop buying I need my btc to clear
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 06:38:22 AM

If the dumpage and fear spreads it could also affect DRK... who knows maybe it is already, in other conditions we might be >.01 in advance of RC4 at this point.

This is all a necessary form of financial natural selection. The strong will survive; darkcoin has many evolutionary advantages supporting it. It may be a few tough days or weeks right here but when we come out on the other side, things will look much brighter as we wipe our eyes and the sun shines again... on the DRK side!

Wow glad I slept through this most recent DRK carnage. It's hard to watch (yes there is blood in the streets at this point). The f'ing trolls have won this battle today but will have their poop slung back in their faces soon. Looking forward to the bounce.

Bounce will be huge !

/no trolling

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 06:39:27 AM

Looking forward to the bounce.
Me too... If that bug is handled Monday, I'll be back to long hodl. If it's not, I'll just bail when I see a peak. I tried to put the issue out there, but this is worse than "patriotism." Some of these people would stab out their own eyes to avoid seeing what they don't want to see...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
nsimmons

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:42:37 AM

Me too... If that bug is handled Monday, I'll be back to long hodl. If it's not, I'll just bail when I see a peak. I tried to put the issue out there, but this is worse than "patriotism." Some of these people would stab out their own eyes to avoid seeing what they don't want to see...

Serious question.

If your primary concern in anonymity, why not just denominate smaller amounts that work. If you primary concern is to make money, why not just skirt the issue an let the market forget, why dump on a slight bump. From only your perspective, who cares as long as the price is going up?

atv

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:46:28 AM

Bounce will be huge !

/no trolling

Shit dont bounce, it splatters.
In 3 more days it will be worth half what it is now.  No trolling
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:54:35 AM

Question: I have read your post and a bit confused. I am new to drk, can you give me a break down of how much time it should takes to send various amounts of dark anonymously?

Dark anonymizes the funds ahead of time and is constantly mixing the coin supply. This way when you need to spend, the transactions are immediate no need to wait. People are experimenting with how much time it takes to put large amount of DRK through the maximum 8 rounds of mixing which is an absolute over kill from a practical perspective, but is inevitable to want to test the system limits. But really you just anonymize once at your leisure and your anon coins sit there ready to be spent when you need to.

Indeed ! People are not getting it! ... I put my coins on a ridiculous 4 round and only took about 2h to get 4000 DRK totally anonymised, and at a fraction cost so low its almost daft to consider!!

Ok one further question.. Can you explain what is the difference between 1 round, 2 round, 3, etc of mixing. Why is 8 rounds even an option if 1 round is sufficient? How do you know how many rounds to pick to get anonymous?

The  several rounds are just to eliminate the possibility of a large number of masternodes  colluding with each other to deanon transactions. The possibility of that happening is very very low with 2 hops and with 8 rounds is just practically impossible. There is a spreadsheet showing the probabilities in the link below and also an explanation from Evan on how it works.

thx for the info. So if I understand this correctly, using this mathematics: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080126081910AAdbGVx
60 of the current 600 masternodes are owned by bad actors, and I send 100 transactions at a rate of 2 hops, then there is a 63% chance that one will get detected? Is this right and is there any way to avoid this if I want to do a large number of transactions anonymously?

Interesting. On top of that - it takes at least 2hours to anonymize 4000DRK? Can anyone explain the commercial applications for this? There are near instant anonymous protocols like PoSA. I just don't see anyone looking forward to waiting 2h-8h+ for anon, while there are faster solutions like Cloak's PoSA. If Bitcoin is 56k, then this is 14.4k.

Are you this dumb? Transactions are instantaneous, you only anonimize one time. This is better than the non-working scamcoin you are promoting

On the percentage on detection. If you control 60 MN on 600 you have a 0,5% of detecting a transaction, good luck with that one!

yeezzzzz...
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:56:53 AM

No in that scenario there is a 0.98% chance that party that owns 60 masternodes can deanon a particular transaction. See no single masternode knows what is up in a round you have to own the 2 that are randonmly selected in each round. If only one node is selected that is not compromised the attacker looses the trail. Plus the mixing happens ahead of time and the spending at any given time so timing attacks are pointless. But I am not an expert just sharing what I understand, just wait for Kristov Atlas review which should come out soon.
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:57:47 AM

Interesting. On top of that - it takes at least 2hours to anonymize 4000DRK? Can anyone explain the commercial applications for this? There are near instant anonymous protocols like PoSA. I just don't see anyone looking forward to waiting 2h-8h+ for anon, while there are faster solutions like Cloak's PoSA. If Bitcoin is 56k, then this is 14.4k.

Are you this dumb? Transactions are instantaneous, you only anonimize one time. This is better than the non-working scamcoin you are promoting

On the percentage on detection. If you control 60 MN on 600 you have a 0,5% of detecting a transaction, good luck with that one!

yeezzzzz...

I think you are the dense one here. It takes that long to anonymize? Why would anyone wait that long to anonymize when there are faster solutions?

You seem pretty confident in Cloak being a scam, let's see some proof. Otherwise take your baseless accusations and "anonymize" them.. it make take 2h-8h though.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:01:31 AM

yeezzzzz...

I think you are the dense one here. It takes that long to anonymize? Why would anyone wait that long to anonymize when there are faster solutions?

You seem pretty confident in Cloak being a scam, let's see some proof. Otherwise take your baseless accusations and "anonymize" them.. it make take 2h-8h though.

;-)) whatever I will not discuss your scamcoin in a Dark topic. You do the same and leave bye!
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:03:27 AM

The issue has been reproduced on testnet and is being handled. What else are you looking for, a public apology from the members here that didn't believe you at first?
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:04:59 AM

Look I know coolstoryteller and darthpiggy are cloak supporters and they are going to play dumb, but others can benefit from the info. The fact is that splitting the mixing and the spending is genius  you can transact instantaneously no waiting.
KryptoFoo

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:05:05 AM

DRK market cap roughly equal to DOGE at current levels. Even if you hate DRK you should be buying for a nice swing trade here!
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:05:52 AM

DRK market cap roughly equal to DOGE at current levels. Even if you hate DRK you should be buying for a nice swing trade here!

This is beautiful.
Kaze

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:08:22 AM

Posa is crap.  Camo is crap.  This fall has been so telling.  I'm sad too no doubt, but the ecosystem is killing itself.  Anyone manipulating the price, as some think, would be killing the coin we assume they are trying to harvest.  I awoke first thing Wednesday to good news about a release candidate coming out.  It would need to be reworked.  Immediately an ass, camo, bombards the thread with his personal shit.  Fuck you.  I mean that sincerely.  Fuck off.  I have more interesting stories to tell than your litany of shit and emo narcissism.  Fuck off.  

So we are left with this fall to contemplate.  I hate bugs, but who has been relentless in trying for 8 months.  Honor coin?  Kore coin?  Super coin?  The pos anom are faulted, a scam to produce the coins quickly to play ball.  Observe for yourself the distribution.  Over half the wallets of many of them are fake dust collectors. The dust will settle eventually, and an efficient market will take hold.  There is limitless value to what darkcoin possesses.  I'm in a beneficial position, of course I would have liked to sell all at the top instead of half and be left with 60 btc to buy now.  Crypto investing is nuts to say the least.  I'm sad that emo junkies have been feasting here and preying on the perfect storm.  

Ethereum has sucked a lot of the tradable btc from the market.  order books are so thin across the board.  It is a totally different game.  It is my hope that in this carnage, true innovation will rise.  Good luck, however you choose to go.  I have seen nothing even close to what this is.

Kaze
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:10:01 AM

So it is much wow actually a bit surprising something wrong with RC4 didn't really check on it. 
http://coinmarketcap.com/

7   Darkcoin Darkcoin   $ 12,401,772   $ 2.72   4,566,089 DRK   $ 420,531   -21.74 %   
8   Dogecoin Dogecoin   $ 11,917,056   $ 0.000133   89,931,903,777 DOGE   $ 225,828   10.11 %

Kind of a neat fact though.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:14:33 AM

Posa is crap.  Camo is crap.  This fall has been so telling.  I'm sad too no doubt, but the ecosystem is killing itself.  Anyone manipulating the price, as some think, would be killing the coin we assume they are trying to harvest.  I awoke first thing Wednesday to good news about a release candidate coming out.  It would need to be reworked.  Immediately an ass, camo, bombards the thread with his personal shit.  Fuck you.  I mean that sincerely.  Fuck off.  I have more interesting stories to tell than your litany of shit and emo narcissism.  Fuck off.  

So we are left with this fall to contemplate.  I hate bugs, but who has been relentless in trying for 8 months.  Honor coin?  Kore coin?  Super coin?  The pos anom are faulted, a scam to produce the coins quickly to play ball.  Observe for yourself the distribution.  Over half the wallets of many of them are fake dust collectors. The dust will settle eventually, and an efficient market will take hold.  There is limitless value to what darkcoin possesses.  I'm in a beneficial position, of course I would have liked to sell all at the top instead of half and be left with 60 btc to buy now.  Crypto investing is nuts to say the least.  I'm sad that emo junkies have been feasting here and preying on the perfect storm.  

Ethereum has sucked a lot of the tradable btc from the market.  order books are so thin across the board.  It is a totally different game.  It is my hope that in this carnage, true innovation will rise.  Good luck, however you choose to go.  I have seen nothing even close to what this is.

Kaze

It is coming, and that right soon.  Who will break ranks first.  Wallet number 4, maybe wallet number 7 or 11.  Wallet number 15-18 are the same person, maybe it will be him.  Payday is here to the few.  Take it or be mad wondering which of the few beat you to it.  One law in crypto.  What rises comes down.  It's universal truth.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
DarthPiggy

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:16:19 AM

No in that scenario there is a 0.98% chance that party that owns 60 masternodes can deanon a particular transaction. See no single masternode knows what is up in a round you have to own the 2 that are randonmly selected in each round. If only one node is selected that is not compromised the attacker looses the trail. Plus the mixing happens ahead of time and the spending at any given time so timing attacks are pointless. But I am not an expert just sharing what I understand, just wait for Kristov Atlas review which should come out soon.

What I am saying is that, since there is a .98% of any single transaction (as you have said) then given any 100 single transactions, there is a 63% that at least one of them will be discovered. This is regardless of whether the transactions are related or not, just any 100 single transactions at 1% should give a 63% chance of at least one of them being comprimised.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:17:03 AM

Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm short on time, LOL, what bug was found please?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 2674 2675 [2676] 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: