Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:48:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 [2835] 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722678 times)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:31:41 AM

I've been out a few days..what happened to the price?  Huh
I left it was @ 5 $/DRK, now it's a bi more than 2?

Nothing really. Few big dumps with thin order book took the price down.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:38:59 AM

"would set a minimum protocol version and boot anyone not running RC4 or later off the network"

this sentence is certainly too sophisticated for that google translates it right.

What does it mean ?

It means that anybody not using a RC4 client or later (can be the stable or darksend+ version) will get booted from the network.  Basically, it makes it harder for miners to cheat the MNs because simply using an old client will not suffice.  

I suspect that Evan didn't say 100% because you could probably hack the client to report the proper version but still not pay the 20%.   In other words, this is still a volunteer system (as in it is on your honor not to modify the client) but it raises the difficulty to the point that you would expect only a few percent of miners to go through the effort of hacking their way around it.  Hence, 98%.

That's totaly clear now. Thank you.

At the risk of confusing you again, the enforcement issue isn't a simple one.

On the MN and user wallet side, enforcement can be implemented easily as Evan said, this happened many times on testnet during RC4 testing, bump the protocol version and anything less than current gets instantly ignored by the network. Users *might* still be able to spend coins, but they wouldn't be getting any further anonymising DS+service from the MNs, they'd have blockchain sync problems, basically they'd be very quickly screwed unless they updated.

The problem with the MN fees is that they are generated by the NOMP/stratum/p2pool software, which is currently outside of the direct control of the devs. Some way needs to be found to ensure that blocks mined by non-compliant pools never make it into the blockchain at all.

One possible solution that occurs to me would be a slight change to the X11 algo to go with the update for the rest of us, but that's a big undertaking. Or maybe it isn't, I don't know? If the algo changes then pools/p2pool would have to update for their mined blocks to be considered valid by the network, and the algo itself could include a MN fee check... but at this point I am speculating way above my pay grade...  Tongue
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:46:59 AM

"would set a minimum protocol version and boot anyone not running RC4 or later off the network"

this sentence is certainly too sophisticated for that google translates it right.

What does it mean ?

It means that anybody not using a RC4 client or later (can be the stable or darksend+ version) will get booted from the network.  Basically, it makes it harder for miners to cheat the MNs because simply using an old client will not suffice.  

I suspect that Evan didn't say 100% because you could probably hack the client to report the proper version but still not pay the 20%.   In other words, this is still a volunteer system (as in it is on your honor not to modify the client) but it raises the difficulty to the point that you would expect only a few percent of miners to go through the effort of hacking their way around it.  Hence, 98%.

On the MN and user wallet side, enforcement can be implemented easily as Evan said, this happened many times on testnet during RC4 testing, bump the protocol version and anything less than current gets instantly ignored by the network. Users *might* still be able to spend coins, but they wouldn't be getting any further anonymising DS+service from the MNs, they'd have blockchain sync problems, basically they'd be very quickly screwed unless they updated.

The problem with the MN fees is that they are generated by the NOMP/stratum/p2pool software, which is currently outside of the direct control of the devs. Some way needs to be found to ensure that blocks mined by non-compliant pools never make it into the blockchain at all.

One possible solution that occurs to me would be a slight change to the X11 algo to go with the update for the rest of us, but that's a big undertaking. Or maybe it isn't, I don't know? If the algo changes then pools/p2pool would have to update for their mined blocks to be considered valid by the network, and the algo itself could include a MN fee check... but at this point I am speculating way above my pay grade...  Tongue

That sounds like a big undertaking.. would be awesome though.

X11+ Smiley
annoyingorange

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:48:42 AM

How long do you think it will take for price to get back up?
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:53:03 AM

It'll take precisely as much time as it is required for the dumper to finish. If I'm reading the situation correctly, he probably has tens of thousands left.
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:11:50 PM

It'll take precisely as much time as it is required for the dumper to finish. If I'm reading the situation correctly, he probably has tens of thousands left.

And words cannot describe how happy he is making the people still accumulating.

Dump on us DRK Jesus, bless us with your bags of cheap DRK, I will pray for you  Cheesy

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:15:40 PM

What is this based on? I'm reading the current market situation as people not seeing the price rise they expected so they dump to either trade another coin or to get more for less.

The richlist will soon be useless as people denominate their wallets.

TheTruth4

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:22:50 PM

Guys wait till december when ppl have to do their tax overviews Wink how do you think which altcoin will they choose to hide their earnings??
I'd like to remember all of you that with 00:00:01s of 2015year the block value is -7%
Buy high and sell low Wink Cheesy

I like that tax idea, never heard it before
but this sounds like a pretty cool plan !
Lets see if it comes through ... xmas present ??
 Cool Roll Eyes Cool
Exactly Smiley
Why there was a boom in december 2013 ?? Why BTC went so high... Huh IMO because if tax end year.... and no regulations in that period.
Wanna see what will happen this end of year Smiley

The crisis in Cyprus happened to be the initial catalyst for the big increase in the BTC price. After the country was bailed-out people rushed to their bank accounts to withdraw funds and a lot ended up putting the money into bitcoin. As for the incredibly high price by the end of 2013, the demand for BTC in China in november was so high that some prices quoted on Chinese exchanges were almost double compared to exchanges outside the country. The rest of the world has been buying bitcoins to try and sell them to Chinese. Don't fool yourself with this tax idea.  
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:24:29 PM

Dump on us DRK Jesus, bless us with your bags of cheap DRK, I will pray for you  Cheesy

And the dumper didth dump...
for forty days and forty nights, dumping didth the dumper,
and they were sore afraid, those of the bag..
and for those that cannot but pumpeth...
For they knew not what t'was in the heart
of the one that they did so despitheth,
Lo here, lo there...."LOW FOOKEN UVERYWHERE"
My brethen, my brother....my sister, my mother!
Where o' where hath my joy departed me?
What is thou delight and why doth it betwixteth me?
I shall yet praise him...
I shall yet adore and sing...
When he cometh whose shoes I am not worthy to wear
When he set forth amongst all nations
The saviour of our freedom, the Lord of plenty
And when....finally...DRK is seen in all lands
We shall all aRISE...with DRK in our hearts (and wallets)
We shall, we shall...overcome!

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:39:00 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 01:06:23 PM by Ignition75

I've been out a few days..what happened to the price?  Huh

Dump on us DRK Jesus, bless us with your bags of cheap DRK, I will pray for you  Cheesy

And the dumper didth dump...
for forty days and forty nights, dumping didth the dumper,
and they were sore afraid, those of the bag..
and for those that cannot but pumpeth...
For they knew not what t'was in the heart
of the one that they did so despitheth,
Lo here, lo there...."LOW FOOKEN UVERYWHERE"
My brethen, my brother....my sister, my mother!
When he cometh whose shoes I am not worthy to wear
When he set forth amongst all nations
The saviour of our freedom, the Lord of plenty
And when....finally...DRK is seen in all lands
We shall all aRISE...with DRK in our hearts (and wallets)
We shall, we shall...overcome!

I'm laughing so hard my stomach muscles are hurting me...

I'm crying lol...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:55:25 PM

I've been out a few days..what happened to the price?  Huh

What is this based on? I'm reading the current market situation as people not seeing the price rise they expected so they dump to either trade another coin or to get more for less.

The richlist will soon be useless as people denominate their wallets.

Well, I don't have any evidence on who's doing the selling, only my skills of observation. I believe normal people are not the issue... it's the whale who took DRK from 0.001 to 0.025. He was selling prior to RC4 too btw, in frequent red spikes (mintpal) of 1000-1500 DRK. So I believe it's not RC4 related or price disappointment related. It's just the whale exiting. When the buy orders get thicker, he dumps and sweeps the book. Or that's my take anyway.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:57:43 PM

so where is the moon ? RC4 is out for some time now, and you said that Litecoin is shit and is going to die after RC4 and you even said that Bitcoin is whatever comparing to DRK... so when all of this is going to happen ?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 12:59:45 PM

so where is the moon ? RC4 is out for some time now, and you said that Litecoin is shit and is going to die after RC4 and you even said that Bitcoin is whatever comparing to DRK... so when all of this is going to happen ?
When you stop complaining and get investors to invest, into something that actually has features and utility.
LTC has nothing, but it will stay floating on the top if you ask me. It won't be forever, but it will take time for it to die.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:02:01 PM

I don't think LTC will die completely, at least not soon anyway. However, the whole silver to Bitcoin's gold thing is laughable.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:06:09 PM

What does it mean ?

It means that anybody not using a RC4 client or later (can be the stable or darksend+ version) will get booted from the network.  Basically, it makes it harder for miners to cheat the MNs because simply using an old client will not suffice. 

I suspect that Evan didn't say 100% because you could probably hack the client to report the proper version but still not pay the 20%.   In other words, this is still a volunteer system (as in it is on your honor not to modify the client) but it raises the difficulty to the point that you would expect only a few percent of miners to go through the effort of hacking their way around it.  Hence, 98%.

One possible solution that occurs to me would be a slight change to the X11 algo to go with the update for the rest of us, but that's a big undertaking. Or maybe it isn't, I don't know? If the algo changes then pools/p2pool would have to update for their mined blocks to be considered valid by the network, and the algo itself could include a MN fee check... but at this point I am speculating way above my pay grade...  Tongue

I'm not sure I would go with an algo change. Don't all coins, as is, have the blockchain verify the acceptance into the chain and after accepted, anything else for that blockheight is orphaned? If that's the case, couldn't you realistically verify 1) that the block reward is split to two different addresses (pool & masternode payee) and 2) that mathematically, the amount that would be sent to the two addresses fits the current ratio of miner:masternode for the existing block reward for that block? If the network has to reach consensus for which blocks are valid and invalid based on hashes, couldn't this idea conceivably work to invalidate blocks that also don't fit the two criteria points listed previously?

I'm not really sure. This idea probably was already thought of and I'm not well versed with the structure of how valid blocks are accepted into the chain.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:13:18 PM

When you stop complaining and get investors to invest, into something that actually has features and utility.
LTC has nothing, but it will stay floating on the top if you ask me. It won't be forever, but it will take time for it to die.

I remember you being a LTC pumper last year, how come you changed your mind ? jump to the next pump and dump coin is your thing ?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 01:15:19 PM

I remember you being a LTC pumper last year, how come you changed your mind ? jump to the next pump and dump coin is your thing ?
Huuh, excuse me?
Either you're mistaken me with someone or trying to put shame to my name. I have never owned more than 50 LTC in my life. Can you please provide me with information to where I was pumping LTC, possibly with chat logs/screenshots?
For now I'm mostly with DarkCoin.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:23:41 PM

Guys wait till december when ppl have to do their tax overviews Wink how do you think which altcoin will they choose to hide their earnings??
I'd like to remember all of you that with 00:00:01s of 2015year the block value is -7%
Buy high and sell low Wink Cheesy

I like that tax idea, never heard it before
but this sounds like a pretty cool plan !
Lets see if it comes through ... xmas present ??
 Cool Roll Eyes Cool
Exactly Smiley
Why there was a boom in december 2013 ?? Why BTC went so high... Huh IMO because if tax end year.... and no regulations in that period.
Wanna see what will happen this end of year Smiley

The crisis in Cyprus happened to be the initial catalyst for the big increase in the BTC price. After the country was bailed-out people rushed to their bank accounts to withdraw funds and a lot ended up putting the money into bitcoin. As for the incredibly high price by the end of 2013, the demand for BTC in China in november was so high that some prices quoted on Chinese exchanges were almost double compared to exchanges outside the country. The rest of the world has been buying bitcoins to try and sell them to Chinese. Don't fool yourself with this tax idea.  
TBH I didn't take this in consideration but looks like it caused the pump.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:37:20 PM

Huuh, excuse me?
Either you're mistaken me with someone or trying to put shame to my name. I have never owned more than 50 LTC in my life. Can you please provide me with information to where I was pumping LTC, possibly with chat logs/screenshots?
For now I'm mostly with DarkCoin.

yes sure:

The growth has slowed down. I'm still considering if selling is the right thing at the moment.

hahaha look at who bought Litecoins... I thought you were anti Litecoin and the coin was a worthless shit that have no value and use ....

and you replied to my post with this:

hahaha look at who bought Litecoins... I thought you were anti Litecoin and the coin was a worthless shit that have no value and use ....
Just did my share to be able to buy in at 0.009  Wink.

I have a sharp memory, I dont forget things easily.

here the screen shots, in case you try to delete or edit your posts:

cleosue

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:43:31 PM

https://i.imgur.com/L05wqIz.gif
Pages: « 1 ... 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 [2835] 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: