Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:42:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 [2837] 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722675 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:15:33 PM

competition with other coins is something on the subject, trying to censor or hide everything you don't like is not going to make you a good investor/trader, you need to hear other opinions to make your own rational opinion.... don't be fanatic and dont get emotionally attached to any of your investments.

OK so you are an LTC fan and you've come here to stir the pot, were you upset that we spoke about LTC dying about a month ago?  Are you putting your sharp memory to good use now?

Well you can remember this then.  LTC is currently being held up by Scrypt ASIC manufacturers who are facing the prospect of having warehouses full of expensive paperweights.  As soon as they move those units LTC is going to die a very sudden death.

Nobody want's a 2nd round of centralisation, this is not what Crypto is about.  Spiritually, LTC is already dead.  It's a nothing coin that's being artificially kept alive by companies looking to dump as soon as their warehouses are empty.

Undecided

fair enough, what do you think is keeping DRK alive ? because last time I checked the order book it was horrific, it took me a whole week of slow dumping to get out without effecting the price majorly.  

I'll agree that the orderbook is pretty thin, but that's both ways as well. DRK is alive because there is still a void that needs to be filled (privacy-centric coin). What coin comes out on top to fill that niche is to be seen. While there are other alternatives out there (CN coins), DRK is building a network that will hopefully offer even more utility to the end user than just anonymous transactions. You can see the climb in masternode count (already over 800 again) so there are obviously believers in the future potential here.

Litecoin will continue to linger but at its core, there isn't anything that LTC offers over just buying and using BTC. Sure, LTC has the most merchant adoption out of all the altcoins but that's still not enough to keep it from losing a substantial portion of its market cap. LTC will continue to feel inflationary pressure from miners selling, at least until the block halve and even then, who knows at that point. Having 4x the max coin supply of BTC and 1/4 the block time isn't enough differentiation to justify using LTC over BTC. Scrypt was a big draw to LTC but now that there are ASICs, the advantage is now moot.

Of course, it is about choice, maybe we will see a future with many coins to exist and DRK could a have a chance of being one of them, who knows how the future will look like

But just to point out the Scrypt theory, Scrypt was chosen at the the time to prevent Bitcoin miners from hopping between LTC and BTC and to prevent them from performing a 51% attack, it was an important feature for its survival, and to add something, we always said that LTC is ASIC resistant and no one said ASIC proof, this means that it is not easy neither profitable at that point to build ASICs, but once the price skyrocketed people did show interest into investing money into this.

...but now the end result is plenty of investors who preordered ASICs (as well as ASICs on network) driving up difficulty so the GPU miners aren't profitable (or barely). Because such an outlay of money is needed for the ASICs, miners are less likely to hold their coins when they need to worry about ROI which at this point is nearly impossible. As more ASICs continue to be delivered, it's only going to get worse. Nearly 29k of LTC coming available everyday that will need to be bought up to support the price it's currently at. That's a lot of BTC to continue throwing into an already anemic altcoin market.

And the thing about ASICs, regardless of whether they are SHA or Scrypt is they cause centralization. The whole idea of a decentralized currency starts losing it's meaning when you have concentration of mining pools, let alone miners with the largest amount of capital outlays building huge farms. Sure, it's the age old argument that the rich get richer, but with the difficulty where it is at, anyone with a GPU or CPU no longer have a chance at generating anything so pieces of decentralization are disappearing.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:15:42 PM

yawn

What do you want?

a) Cheaper darkcoin

b) people to buy litecoin (triple yawn)

c) someone to talk to

d) altcoins to go away so every one can buy bitcoin

e) HuhHuh?

cant you have a discussion without crying ? I don't own any coin at the moment, I am full fiat because I believe that the bear market will continue for a couple of other months, but we are just discussing our choices.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:21:36 PM

...but now the end result is plenty of investors who preordered ASICs (as well as ASICs on network) driving up difficulty so the GPU miners aren't profitable (or barely). Because such an outlay of money is needed for the ASICs, miners are less likely to hold their coins when they need to worry about ROI which at this point is nearly impossible. As more ASICs continue to be delivered, it's only going to get worse. Nearly 29k of LTC coming available everyday that will need to be bought up to support the price it's currently at. That's a lot of BTC to continue throwing into an already anemic altcoin market.

it is not all about mining you know, and miners shouldn't hold their coins anyway, everyone beside miners should worry about their ROI before investing, and no, more ASICs doesn't mean it will get worst, because more ASICs means Diff.factor goes up and doesn't mean more coins will be mined, the block reward is exactly 50LTC/block so you can have 1 ASIC or 1000 ASIC you will still get 50 coins a block, BTW LTC daily trade volume is in millions figure so what is 29K everyday ? 

parker928

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:22:18 PM

I am still really worried regarding enforcement. It should be a top priority. If masternode owners feel that there is uncertainty regarding enforcement, it could cause selloffs in multiples of 1000 DRK. I am almost getting to the point where I am considering diversifying myself.

Based on the number of posts you have made in the monero threads, I would say you ARE diversifying  Wink
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:26:44 PM

cant you have a discussion without crying ? I don't own any coin at the moment, I am full fiat because I believe that the bear market will continue for a couple of other months, but we are just discussing our choices.

Ah so c) bored and looking for people to talk to.

And you've cashed out all your bitcoin. So you are now a bitcointalk lurker effectively?

Why not go do something productive? Or are you trying to sell on your choices in case you've made a mistake?  
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:29:48 PM

You guys eh !
WTF

Is that really what is going on here every night ?
(my time, as i am sleeping normally now)
Trollfighting , and chatting about other shiaaaaaaaat than DRK
come on eh !
Pull yourself together
PLEASEEEEE

Grin    Cool    Grin
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:30:39 PM

it is not all about mining you know, and miners shouldn't hold their coins anyway, everyone beside miners should worry about their ROI before investing, and no, more ASICs doesn't mean it will get worst, because more ASICs means Diff.factor goes up and doesn't mean more coins will be mined, the block reward is exactly 50LTC/block so you can have 1 ASIC or 1000 ASIC you will still get 50 coins a block, BTW LTC daily trade volume is in millions figure so what is 29K everyday ? 

In theory it should work that way if you have diff retargeting after every block but with a 3 day diff retarget, there is a large window of faster blocks being found. DRK has an interesting block reward from the standpoint difficulty is retargeted every block and the amount per block is tied to difficulty (with a floor). Should the network hashrate plummet, the coin's per block increase incentivizing miners to come back. As for the trade volume, I wouldn't get too excited about it--most of that is selling back and forth (same with BTC).
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:30:50 PM

Ah so c) bored and looking for people to talk to.

And you've cashed out all your bitcoin. So you are now a bitcointalk lurker effectively?

Why not go do something productive? Or are you trying to sell on your choices in case you've made a mistake?  

well, I call what I am doing productive, but if you don't see that and think I am a troll then you should just ignore me and have peace with your self.
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:34:09 PM

LTC FTW! 

For a PoW coin that's experiencing heavy diff increases it really is going to be all about the mining for the next few months.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say here, do you understand what you are saying?

LTC is dying tech, it's on it's last legs, it's the opposite of a currency like DRK that's innovating and making history.  Why would you come to the DRK thread to show off an old shoe and try to remind everyone the old shoe is great because it was here first?

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:44:37 PM

darkcoin explorer is down since few days. I thought explorer.io and explorer.qa was redundant but they are both down ...

io/qa has problem.

fr is up.

airbex is up.

chainz is up.

http://explorer.darkcoin.fr/chain/Darkcoin
https://airbex.net/explorer/darkcoin/
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/

testnet
http://test.explorer.darkcoin.fr/chain/tDarkcoin
https://demo.airbex.net/explorer/darkcoin/
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:56:49 PM

LTC FTW! 

For a PoW coin that's experiencing heavy diff increases it really is going to be all about the mining for the next few months.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say here, do you understand what you are saying?

LTC is dying tech, it's on it's last legs, it's the opposite of a currency like DRK that's innovating and making history.  Why would you come to the DRK thread to show off an old shoe and try to remind everyone the old shoe is great because it was here first?

well, I am not going to teach you anything, good luck Wink
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:15:32 PM

LTC FTW!

Thanks for the concise summary of his posts!
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:21:20 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has already reposted this here, but it's Flare responding to Stonehenge's question on how MN payments work in RC3 on the RC4 issues thread on Darkcointalk. What's of interest is his suggestion that maybe a solution to the issues being experienced around payment is for MNs to get their payments via Proof of Service (PoSVC) mining on the held DRK rather than getting the 20% from the miners. Miners would continue on with PoW of course.

stonehedge said: ↑
I have a question. I ask here because it isn't easy to find the answer elsewhere.

How does the RC3 payment system work? How are masternodes being paid now? Totally randomly?

RC3 payment system was live for 1.5 month and was working 95% good all the time - and beside some network propagation problems, where in rare occasions the masternode list was different on certain miner nodes, we saw a good random distribution of payments.

Evan hoped to fix the network propagation issue by switching the payment system to a "Top 20 rank approach", but it seems this introduced more flaws, which led to

http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-33 and
http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-24

So the rollback to RC3 payment system is very logical for me, as it worked most of the time.

As for me, i am still searching for a new approach to make the payments more network intrinsic - MNs should actually mine their coins by proof of service, not rely on good acting miners to share their mined coins.

If we can somehow create a model where miners (PoW) and masternodes (PoSVC) mine independently from eachother, we will even have a solution for further payments for "DarkTor" relays and exit nodes. The current approach (divide PoW reward) seems not flexible enough to achieve this.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
flare flare@darkcoin.qa
Software Engineer, IT-QA/QM subject matter expert and ISO9001 auditor.
DRK beer tips (Guinness) accepted: XvKkW3NJFhTr9hcgbV8EQcGqbCCshDS8vj
Darkcoin Bugtracker --> http://jira.darkcoin.qa
flare, Yesterday at 10:35 PM Report#257LikeReply

Perhaps this is a better solution towards fixing all the angst around enforcement? Yes, no?

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:35:25 PM

Enforcement, in itself, is just a workaround to ensure compliance. In other words, enforcement is not a good solution. What is needed is a protocol-based solution that works without forking and is non-voluntary.
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:36:47 PM

Enforcement, in itself, is just a workaround to ensure compliance. In other words, enforcement is not a good solution. What is needed is a protocol-based solution that works without forking and is non-voluntary.

I personally would love to see the words "Hard Fork"
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:57:41 PM

4h MACD is green. Hoping something good comes of this. No whammies
nsimmons

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:55:42 PM

Quote from: camosoul  

[quote
Sometimes people are just plain shitty and need an attitude adjustment. It works. It's a perfect example of the shitty people who subvert MN payments; they need the pimp hand, not the kid gloves dancing on eggshells. A bitch will only push you harder if you don't push back. You lack life experience, or at least experience with women. When they act badly, they want to be "handled." Try it and see what happens. It'll surprise you. I don't care if you like it, it's true. Women like a man that doesn't put up with their shit. They play the game to see if you're man enough, or if you're a sissy that puts up with whatever she dishes out just to get laid. A real man isn't afraid of making her mad, and she knows this means he's not trying to get laid. Weak guys who are trying to get laid are terrified of making her mad cuz then she might not want to do it... It's a test. She's not actually a bitch. But when you fail, she'll become one and pile on more. Further, why would she bother to test a man she isn't interested in? Think about it... If she's doing that, it's because she wants you to pass the test, but how many ever do? All you have to do is not put up with it, and you're in. But weak pansies never figure it out, because they never get that far. It's a woman's defense mechanism for weeding out losers. I'm not meaning to preach, but you clearly have no idea what real misogyny is, or what women are really like. I don't have to talk big or impress anyone. I can have my pick anytime I please because I do not care about being politically correct and it turns them on. I do not care about getting laid. I haven't allowed it for a long, long time. Men pick fights with me at titty bars because I spend no money, but the girls all hang around me and slip me their numbers without me even asking. I don't play games like lashing out from a weak position with name calling. I'm a balls-out manly man, and I do go over the top sometimes just to revel in the fun of it, but even when I try to tone it down... I want a woman who's brain is in charge, over whom my alpha traits do not have complete power. I'm the man version of a supermodel. That's just how it is, and frankly, it sucks. Women are starving for a real man in a society of sissified metrosexual tools. Their brains shut off and the just want to screw immediately.

Much of this is absolutely true - and I enjoyed reading your post - Good stuff!

There is a sizeable proportion of women who have fully bought in to the MSM/brainwashing benevolent angel/princess who can do no wrong. Fully brainwashed who detest almost any sign of masculinity. Of course these women are western, rampant in countries like UK, Holland, Germany, Greece, Spain, US etc. Eastern Europe and Russia is totally different.

Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:23:08 PM

The crisis in Cyprus happened to be the initial catalyst for the big increase in the BTC price. After the country was bailed-out people rushed to their bank accounts to withdraw funds and a lot ended up putting the money into bitcoin. As for the incredibly high price by the end of 2013, the demand for BTC in China in november was so high that some prices quoted on Chinese exchanges were almost double compared to exchanges outside the country. The rest of the world has been buying bitcoins to try and sell them to Chinese. Don't fool yourself with this tax idea.  

Man that is actually interesting - would you have a source supporting the huge chinese demand and price difference on exchanges ?
nsimmons

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:28:18 PM

Quote from: camosoul  

[quote
Sometimes people are just plain shitty and need an attitude adjustment. It works. It's a perfect example of the shitty people who subvert MN payments; they need the pimp hand, not the kid gloves dancing on eggshells. A bitch will only push you harder if you don't push back. You lack life experience, or at least experience with women. When they act badly, they want to be "handled." Try it and see what happens. It'll surprise you. I don't care if you like it, it's true. Women like a man that doesn't put up with their shit. They play the game to see if you're man enough, or if you're a sissy that puts up with whatever she dishes out just to get laid. A real man isn't afraid of making her mad, and she knows this means he's not trying to get laid. Weak guys who are trying to get laid are terrified of making her mad cuz then she might not want to do it... It's a test. She's not actually a bitch. But when you fail, she'll become one and pile on more. Further, why would she bother to test a man she isn't interested in? Think about it... If she's doing that, it's because she wants you to pass the test, but how many ever do? All you have to do is not put up with it, and you're in. But weak pansies never figure it out, because they never get that far. It's a woman's defense mechanism for weeding out losers. I'm not meaning to preach, but you clearly have no idea what real misogyny is, or what women are really like. I don't have to talk big or impress anyone. I can have my pick anytime I please because I do not care about being politically correct and it turns them on. I do not care about getting laid. I haven't allowed it for a long, long time. Men pick fights with me at titty bars because I spend no money, but the girls all hang around me and slip me their numbers without me even asking. I don't play games like lashing out from a weak position with name calling. I'm a balls-out manly man, and I do go over the top sometimes just to revel in the fun of it, but even when I try to tone it down... I want a woman who's brain is in charge, over whom my alpha traits do not have complete power. I'm the man version of a supermodel. That's just how it is, and frankly, it sucks. Women are starving for a real man in a society of sissified metrosexual tools. Their brains shut off and the just want to screw immediately.

Much of this is absolutely true - and I enjoyed reading your post - Good stuff!

There is a sizeable proportion of women who have fully bought in to the MSM/brainwashing benevolent angel/princess who can do no wrong. Fully brainwashed who detest almost any sign of masculinity. Of course these women are western, rampant in countries like UK, Holland, Germany, Greece, Spain, US etc. Eastern Europe and Russia is totally different.

Grin

I learned all this when I was 23. It took 3 women, but I figured it out eventually. I'm 35 now and when I give young guys advice they never listen.

Eastbay

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:55:33 PM

4h MACD is green. Hoping something good comes of this. No whammies

I dont want to jinx it but the way the order book looks we could be back at .006 by the end of the day without too much trouble imo
Pages: « 1 ... 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 [2837] 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: