Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2018, 10:58:58 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 [2873] 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 ... 6683 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9294133 times)
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:13:17 AM

Monero shills are way too agressive and inadequate in their cheerleading attempts. The way I see it, 2-3 months from now this coin is gonna be the mater of the past for two simple reasons: failed marketing and incompetent devs team.

There was one, at launch, he went by the name of MrMonero, he gave a "Take back Crypto from the whales speech" that was rather good.  I said to myself if I'm ever a whale one day looking to manipulate the market I want that guy on my team  Cheesy

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheTruth4

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:26:26 AM

That's one sexy interface.  You're a lunch hour legend! Undecided

More than XMR has achieved in six months.  Grin

Don't even think about asking the XMR folk about a GUI wallet, you get 1 of 2 answers:

1) If you're too stupid to use a command line interface you shouldn't be holding XMR.
2) Bitcoin didn't have a GUI wallet when it first came out.

No shit, it may have changed now but that's what I used to get whenever I asked the question.

(I confess, we were winding the pump teams up, but that's the answers we got  Wink)

Bitcoin had a couple of years to succeed while it had no competition - sexy gui increases your chance to succeed whether you like it or not.

I've heard that it is a part of Monero's wider strategy to lauch GUI wallet along with the all-out marketing campaign. They are looking to increase their user base by launching a GUI but it's not going to work. Unlike the original cryptonote developers, these shnooks don't even know how their code works. Besides, the rotten smear campaigns that Monero shills seem to be so versed in are not getiing the desired effect. Monero is no competition for DRK by any standart.  
JypsiCreme

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:40:13 AM

Monero shills are way too agressive and inadequate in their cheerleading attempts. The way I see it, 2-3 months from now this coin is gonna be the mater of the past for two simple reasons: failed marketing and incompetent devs team.

There was one, at launch, he went by the name of MrMonero, he gave a "Take back Crypto from the whales speech" that was rather good.  I said to myself if I'm ever a whale one day looking to manipulate the market I want that guy on my team  Cheesy

That's funny because they all worship this guy rpietila who happens to be the biggest bagholder and the one who finances the Monero devs team. If it's not an example of the 'whales running the show' I don't know what is.  Wink
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:03:10 AM

That's funny because they all worship this guy rpietila who happens to be the biggest bagholder and the one who finances the Monero devs team. If it's not an example of the 'whales running the show' I don't know what is.  Wink

Because profits are so low at the moment, everyone is sticking to pumps like moths to a flame, it's getting more and more desperate too...

What's upsetting me lately, is people don't even care about crypto in general anymore, they don't care if it's a scamcoin either, "as long as it gets pumped I'm happy" is an attitude I'm hearing more and more now a days.

Whales are even more powerful then they have ever been.

But what puts the icing on the cake for me, is the "Why are you mining Dark?  There's no profits, you should be mining (insert instamine shitcoin scam name here)..."

Um... Hello?  I can see past my own nose when it comes to the value of a coin...  Roll Eyes

safepalm

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:34:36 AM

I was looking at the status of my masternodes when I saw this strange thing at https://drk.mn/masternodes.html

Version   Number   Percent
0.9.12.32   1   0.12%
0.10.11.5   1   0.12%

How can there be active masternodes on the stable version and old RC3 version?

I am missing something?
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Decentralize Everything

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 09:52:16 AM

No, you're not missing something.  It has been logged as an issue on Jira and the dev team are looking into it.

There are a few theories but nothing concrete yet.

Weird! 
roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:01:39 AM

Theoretic question:

If someone has access to someone else's MN server that is not secured, could he change the receiving address without the owner noticing?
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:06:48 AM

There was one, at launch, he went by the name of MrMonero, he gave a "Take back Crypto from the whales speech" that was rather good.  I said to myself if I'm ever a whale one day looking to manipulate the market I want that guy on my team  Cheesy

I was holding quite a bit of monero, and the guy mr monero disgusted me so much it began the train of thought that led to me selling.

edit: ignition is cool though. i still have a pic of his farm saved on my comp, show it to friends who dont know about crypto
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 195
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:11:46 AM

Theoretic question:

If someone has access to someone else's MN server that is not secured, could he change the receiving address without the owner noticing?

No, the receiving address is defined by the 1000 DRK vin which is not stored on the MN. If the attacker wants to change the receiving address he needs 1000 DRK on his own.

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:27:28 AM

There was one, at launch, he went by the name of MrMonero, he gave a "Take back Crypto from the whales speech" that was rather good.  I said to myself if I'm ever a whale one day looking to manipulate the market I want that guy on my team  Cheesy

I was holding quite a bit of monero, and the guy mr monero disgusted me so much it began the train of thought that led to me selling.

edit: ignition is cool though. i still have a pic of his farm saved on my comp, show it to friends who dont know about crypto

LoL!

I had the biggest fight with him, it lasted for hours... I left soon after that and switched to MP...

g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:05:53 AM

Re: Branding of DarkTor and usage of Darkcoin (bumped)

****************OPEN LETTER TO DARKCOIN COMMUNITY: PLEASE READ***********************

Intro:

Picture USDLand. How about EURMart. Oh, maybe JPY Motors?

If these company names seem silly to you, it's because they should.

I've been thinking long and hard about this issue, and agree with the posters who have a problem with Darkcoin (DRK) being lumped in
with a business venture, albeit one with massive potential such as the Masternode Network (MasterNet).

Before we proceed with development, it is imperative that we agree to seperate the two permanently.

DARKCOIN - (DRK, .DRK)

I have seen some posters refer to .DRK for some uses such as e-mail, poker sites, or de-centralized exchanges. In my view, this
is a mistake. We do not want new customers (if TOR is any indication, they could number in the millions) to have the first thing they
see for these services to be Darkcoin.

New Custome (NC)r: Hey, I heard that there is a new network that is better than TOR in every way, it's called DRKNET.
Dark Community Member (DCM): Ya, it's great, and it's powered by a fully anonymous digital currency called Darkcoin!
NC: So I need to get Darkcoins, to use this service?
DCM: Ya, it doesn't accept anything else.

The new customer gets the impression that this is the only use for these coins, which may not be true, and he will learn later that
he can use them in other places, but first impressions are strong, and he may use Bitcoin for other transactions.

Conclusion: We MUST not use .DRK (Darkcoin) or anything related to Darkcoin in promoting the Masternode Network (MasterNet, Web 3.0)

THE MASTERNODE NETWORK (MasterNet, Web 3.0)

This is where we need to concentrate our efforts to separate Darkcoin the currency from the Masternode Network.

PokerStars.MN, Webmail.MN, DRKBTC.MN, etc....

Make no mention of Darkcoin at all until the customer decides to try the product.

NC: Hey, I just heard of this great network that is better than TOR in everyway, it's called MasterNet.
DCM: Yeah, buddy, they are offering a free trial to get you started, but after that, you better stock up on Darkcoins, because that is
the only currency they accept!
NC: Really? What are Darkcoins?
DCM: I'm glad you asked! Darkcoins are a fully anonymous digital currency which are accepted worldwide at many locations online and in person,
and are the currency of choice for MasterNet. If you want to use MasterNet, you better create a Darkcoin wallet!
NC: Thanks! *Downloads wallet, thinks of all the places he will spend his coins*

Option 2 is clearly better than Option 1. Eliminate DRK completely from the business aspect of the project.

.DRK (No thanks)
.MN (Now you are talking)

Thank you for taking the time to read this, a lot of thought went into it, and please bump if you like it.

Tao

Grin  Grin  Grin
bump
Bitsms

Activity: 23

Text anonymously.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 12:05:39 PM

Just wanted to drop by and let everyone know you can pay with Darkcoin at http://www.bitsms.eu.

We also accept Bitcoin and Guldencoin.

Text anonymously with Bitcoin: Bitsms
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:28:32 PM

bots gone wild over at btc-e. btc volume is crazy!
safepalm

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:37:09 PM

I was looking at the status of my masternodes when I saw this strange thing at https://drk.mn/masternodes.html

Version   Number   Percent
0.9.12.32   1   0.12%
0.10.11.5   1   0.12%

How can there be active masternodes on the stable version and old RC3 version?

I am missing something?

Is https://drk.mn/masternodes.html down for anyone else? 
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:54:50 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.0

georgem
Legendary

Merit: 1003

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 01:04:26 PM

About .drk and .mn registrations, why not integrating namecoins .bit domains into this coming darknet?
.bit domains have been around quite some time now, and it would be wise to cooperate between existing coins instead of trying to do everything yourself.

The problem with .bit domains has always been how do you make .bit domains visible in an ordinary browser?

For .bit domains there have appeared a few plugins:

www.meowbit.com
www.freespeechme.org

Still, everybody who wants to view .bit domains has to install a plugin, and that is a big hurdle.
If darktor/darknet were able to integrate .bit domains, that would be fantastic for both namecoin and darkcoin.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:12:01 PM

About .drk and .mn registrations, why not integrating namecoins .bit domains into this coming darknet?
.bit domains have been around quite some time now, and it would be wise to cooperate between existing coins instead of trying to do everything yourself.

The problem with .bit domains has always been how do you make .bit domains visible in an ordinary browser?

For .bit domains there have appeared a few plugins:

www.meowbit.com
www.freespeechme.org

Still, everybody who wants to view .bit domains has to install a plugin, and that is a big hurdle.
If darktor/darknet were able to integrate .bit domains, that would be fantastic for both namecoin and darkcoin.

I suspect they just need to reach out to the DRK devs and community to see if something could be worked on jointly, or if DRK can provide a route on to the eventual network.

Traffic generates costs, as long as there is an incentive for MN I can't see why the DRK devs (I can't speak for them) would not take a look.

valentino007

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:41:46 PM

This whole darknet crap is all bullshit,the developers better work on the coins itself and start promoting and help merchants adopting the coin.
Who gives a fuck about a private internet,98% of the people using the internet dont care,Darkcoin does not need this crap,we need adoption.
When adoption is happening and merchants are accepting it and consumers are using Darkcoin and price is going up and stays stable-isch the developers can start this darknet thing,Darkcoin is a crypto currency and it needs the to stay that way,trying to copy a Tor network is not whats it about in the crypto currency world,trying to beat Tor is not what merchants care about.

I do find the ideas very intresting but they are just 2 seperate things(Crypto currency and anonymus internet) and i believe it it not good to mix these it will hurt Darkcoin the Darkcoin brand.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1570

GUNBOT Licenses -15% with ref. code 'GrumpyKitty'

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 01:49:29 PM

This whole darknet crap is all bullshit,the developers better work on the coins itself and start promoting and help merchants adopting the coin.
Who gives a fuck about a private internet,98% of the people using the internet dont care,Darkcoin does not need this crap,we need adoption.
When adoption is happening and merchants are accepting it and consumers are using Darkcoin and price is going up and stays stable-isch the developers can start this darknet thing,Darkcoin is a crypto currency and it needs the to stay that way,trying to copy a Tor network is not whats it about in the crypto currency world,trying to beat Tor is not what merchants care about.

I do find the ideas very intresting but they are just 2 seperate things(Crypto currency and anonymus internet) and i believe it it not good to mix these it will hurt Darkcoin the Darkcoin brand.
Wrong and wrong.
Stop complaining. Do you want adoption? Go and make Darkpay yourself and get merchants to adopt it.
You can't expect that the developers to do everything. Do you even know what a developer actually means?
-a person or thing that develops something.
Are the developers going to "develop" promoting and adoption?  Roll Eyes

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
valentino007

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:06:49 PM

Wrong and wrong.
Stop complaining. Do you want adoption? Go and make Darkpay yourself and get merchants to adopt it.
You can't expect that the developers to do everything. Do you even know what a developer actually means?
-a person or thing that develops something.
Are the developers going to "develop" promoting and adoption?  Roll Eyes

No,i am stupid i dont know what a developer does,my god man are you fucking stupid??Evan and his team founders and owners of the Darkcoin brand,they also control the marketing side of course like any other brand does.

They need to focus on the marketing now,the coin does what they say it can do get the word out now,develop the darknet thing seperate from the coin,dont mix them up.
It's like they are creating streams of income and use of having a masternode instead of working on the coin itself.
Pages: « 1 ... 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 [2873] 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 ... 6683 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.