Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:46:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3061 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 [3111] 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:38:09 PM

Hi there, anyone knows what may be reason for only partially accessible MN?
It has looked like this for the last two days Sad

Looks like only RC version(sv03 and sv06) listed your MN.

I would suggest following.

1) stop darkcoind(remote and cold wallet)
2) remove peers.dat(remote and cold wallet)
3) start remote
4) start cold
5) send 1k to own MN address using coin control
    (If address of MN is AAA, select AAA's 1K, and send 1K to AAA)
    (No need to back up again)
6) Wait 7 confirmation
7) start Masternode

GREAT! Had the above issue for three days and got it all green after I followed the above steps.
Thanks for the clear instructions Chaeplin!
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:50:29 PM

Darkcoin The platinum gold to btc yellow gold
Darkcoin. The platinum to Bitcoin's gold.TM
Raptor_73 what's your DRK address? I'm sure you have donations waiting.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:07:41 PM

DRK investors watching world markets closely.

As Draghi pulls the rug from under European stocks by announcing his "Asset Buying Program" (read 'Panic Hosedown of sovereign bonds and MBS to compensate for no-growth-zone shrinkage dynamics cos-we-don't-know-what-else-to-do), Spanish and Italian stock markets loose more participants in 2 hours than DRK did in a month from "selling the news" syndrome.

That makes 1 less place for the money to run to.

Crypto now manoeuvring itself into position to pick up floating survivors of impending stock-bond-interest rate tripartheid pincer movement on worldwide wealth.

Nowadays they look for any excuse to print money, right? Gotta stay on top, preserve the status quo, and keep markets calm and trading 'normally'.
Can't wait for the Wizard of Oz 'big reveal'.  When the trillions upon trillions of CDS contracts finally trigger, there really will be blood on the streets, and bankers will be hanging from bridges.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:10:43 PM

Wow, thanks. Really. I think you're seriously only the second person in this thread that sees I came here to offer them some help and advice - the miner is really beside the point, here to prove I'm not some jackass without a clue wasting their time. And sure, I expected there to be some people irked that I won't release what I have so far, and of course people like BlockaFett (honestly, I'm starting to feel bad - guy legitimately seems like he may be learning disabled or something; he saw that he didn't have anything to argue back with, he just posted that picture, which truly reminds me of chess with a six-year-old: when they realize they're going to lose, they just throw the board.) About the lack of memory usage, you were 100% correct, and I went into that in detail here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg9039501#msg9039501

If you mean that you thought 2x speed was the max, not the min - no. I believe your incorrect assumption was that the code then was using 51% of the GPU in an optimal fashion. In reality, it not only wasn't doing that, it was actually wasting more cycles than it actually used. I strongly suspect this is still the case. About people's reactions... were I to generalize, I would say most of the haters are likely typical miners: they want something for nothing, they value the change in their couch cushions more than developers' time, and if you give them the smallest opportunity, they will take everything you offer, use it to profit, and if they saw you homeless outside in an alley when it was 20 below outside after all of that, I would bet money 90% or more of them wouldn't bother to give you a fucking warm coffee. The people outright rejecting it I would put into one of two categories: the first being the dedicated fangirls who will react violently to any suggestion their beloved coin isn't perfect (real or perceived) - which would be the ones throwing personal insults, and those that have bought into DRK so hard that they don't want to consider there's any issues - more likely to simply disbelieve. Rational people... looks like few of those have showed up so far - but then again, it really hasn't been long. I HOPE there's some more rational DRK supporters, because if there's not, I just wasted a lot of damned time.

I totally understand where you're coming from on your points, but my problem is (and I am not keeping up with the thread, hence this being an older post) that I don't know what you suggest we do?  I mean, I think you are saying we should fund someone to make our miner more efficient, yes that would be nice.  But on the other hand, you are a person who did this work, but you do not want to sell your work.  Hence we're stuck with waiting for someone who wants to do it.  I suppose we should put together a bounty, again, and see if someone claims it, but then we have to say something like "you have to make it xxx% more effective".  Just so you know, we have paid bounties on the GPU miner in the past.  To make one, and then to improve it.  It's not like we haven't gone down that road.  Now most of us are way beyond being able to participate effectively as miners as it takes more than a few regular machines with gaming cards, it takes dedicated equipment to make it worth the electricity.  So the "crowd" here is no longer very interested in such things.  Miners, of course, should be interested, but they probably already also have updated software???  I have no idea.

Anyway, I have given up mining for DRK, and kind of feel bad about that.  I'm on xpool for my antminer, as if that'll get me to a dark, LOL.  But that computer runs our family server anyway, so why not.  Anyway, the main point is, I think you were saying a developer or early adopters ought to pay for upgraded miners, and we actually did that.  How are we to know how well the job was done?  Or how skilled the person who stepped up to he plate is?  In the end, at this point, anyone that can make improvements will now need to sell their miner or use it, IMO.  I just don't see us being successful for the 3/4+ time with another crowd sourcing for miner improvements when so many other projects are also competing for funds.  I might be wrong though??  But it might be easier to get dedicated miners to crowd fund this, ones from all the combined algo cryptos? 

I don't know.  I do understand that we want as many people to mine our coin as possible, but we may have to solve the problem of centralization another way.  Soon there will be ASICs.  The real trick there is how to get them fairly and timely distributed and most of all get the manufacturers not to rape the coin, which creates conditions where the people who purchased the units can't make any money off of them anymore.  The #1 problem with crypto currency in general is all the scammers and unscrupulous people here.  They're so short sighted, or not.  They can't possibly care about the future of cryptos with what they do.  However, on the other hand, they are what will make cryptos stronger.  We must find a way to protect ourselves from such behavior and protect the newbs from such behavior without seeming like zealots, such as the "anti alt coin brigade".

People are attracted to crypto currency #1 because they think they can make a quick buck.  Heck, we were too (hubby and I) But even with us, we were also intrigued with what the whole thing means to the world.  I didn't invest any actual money until April, I believe.  I just mined up until then.  And that was just so I could get my second masternode.  Well, actually, at first it was because it was obvious I couldn't mine much anymore, and I wanted to hit that next 100 coins spot (had like 1475 coins, and wanted to get to 1500, LOL, then I wanted to get my second masternode, LOL)  Anyway, yah, the possibility that a small investment might pay off, seemed like a good idea, but I'm certainly more interested in shaping the future of the world than making money now.... now  Yah, but to be honest, making money got me to actually start messing around with this, and learning.

Ah well, point is, what do you suggest, in plain, direct words, at this point in the maturity of the coin?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:14:53 PM

I'm going to rudely butt in here and say that I think this discussion is very important for Darkcoin right now.

I am a masternode owner.  I therefore pay to have servers that perform a service at a cost to me.   To pay for that cost, I occasionally get 20% of a mined block. Now that we have RC5, my masternodes cover costs and make a small profit. Right now, electricity prices are so high in most places in the world that mining is becoming a decreasingly viable venture.  We need miners to mine (the more the better!), the network needs masternode (the more the better!).  If we can make mining more profitable by refining the algo for the miners then it is a win win situation.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:19:07 PM

DRK investors watching world markets closely.

As Draghi pulls the rug from under European stocks by announcing his "Asset Buying Program" (read 'Panic Hosedown of sovereign bonds and MBS to compensate for no-growth-zone shrinkage dynamics cos-we-don't-know-what-else-to-do), Spanish and Italian stock markets loose more participants in 2 hours than DRK did in a month from "selling the news" syndrome.

That makes 1 less place for the money to run to.

Crypto now manoeuvring itself into position to pick up floating survivors of impending stock-bond-interest rate tripartheid pincer movement on worldwide wealth.

LOL, I love you toknormal, 'cause I never understand a thing you say!  See?  And I reached out to my mum to learn, but she didn't like crypto coins (but is relenting that there may be something to it now... LOL)  But that real world stuff, it's just too complex for me to get!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:25:16 PM

*********** Amber Alert **************

Interesting morning coming up for Darkcoin as Mr Draghi is getting ready to talk and he's running out of ammo to combat Euro deflation.

Remember folks - it's no longer factories that make economies work, it's central banks. The numbers is all that matters and in that respect, Fiat's pain is crypto's gain.

The EU Mediterranean countries' GDP's want to relax themselves back to 2006 levels but Mr Draghi CANNOT LET THAT HAPPEN because that would send their Debt to GDP ratios into orbit and herald the return of the fabled ESDC (European Sovereign Debt Crisis). Interest rates are at an all time low so only bazooka left in the armoury is, you guessed it, the bankers all time favourite - Euro QE !!

Japan did it, the US did it so why cant we ? Lets crank up the presses and bury ourselves in overlevered guvpaper. Only problem is, who is not going to like that solution too much ? The Germans. They are not too keen on overlevered guvpaper even though it may provide a temporary boost for the wheelbarrow sector.

The German central bank is still owed the best part of half a trillion euros from the rest of the Eurozone via imbalances in the target2 system. They also do a good deal of trade with Europe's new pet bad boy - Mr Putin and his Chinese partners in "crime", not to say the import of quite some oil and gas quantities from said same "evil" vendor.

We might find that particular medicine needing a couple heapfulls more sugar to go down than it did when the Bernank administered it. All the same, the PTB know it's going to take more than Julie Andrews which is why they quietly wrote a handy "bailin" clause into the Mastericht treaty in case things get tricky (which they are about to get).

Why does Darkcoin fit into all this ?

Because we are a clam living on a whale's back and that whale is Bitcoin swimming in a Fiat ocean. Except this whale is an amphibian and upon the Ocean's demise it will simply grow a pair of legs and carry on as normal while all around it flounders.

Action starts in about half an hour.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/10/14/european-banking-crisis-seizing-10-of-everyones-accounts-hello-cyprus/

Just had to bump this, too good - even if I only understand 1/16 of what's going on, LOL

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:29:41 PM

*********** Amber Alert **************

Interesting morning coming up for Darkcoin as Mr Draghi is getting ready to talk and he's running out of ammo to combat Euro deflation.

Remember folks - it's no longer factories that make economies work, it's central banks. The numbers is all that matters and in that respect, Fiat's pain is crypto's gain.

The EU Mediterranean countries' GDP's want to relax themselves back to 2006 levels but Mr Draghi CANNOT LET THAT HAPPEN because that would send their Debt to GDP ratios into orbit and herald the return of the fabled ESDC (European Sovereign Debt Crisis). Interest rates are at an all time low so only bazooka left in the armoury is, you guessed it, the bankers all time favourite - Euro QE !!

Japan did it, the US did it so why cant we ? Lets crank up the presses and bury ourselves in overlevered guvpaper. Only problem is, who is not going to like that solution too much ? The Germans. They are not too keen on overlevered guvpaper even though it may provide a temporary boost for the wheelbarrow sector.

The German central bank is still owed the best part of half a trillion euros from the rest of the Eurozone via imbalances in the target2 system. They also do a good deal of trade with Europe's new pet bad boy - Mr Putin and his Chinese partners in "crime", not to say the import of quite some oil and gas quantities from said same "evil" vendor.

We might find that particular medicine needing a couple heapfulls more sugar to go down than it did when the Bernank administered it. All the same, the PTB know it's going to take more than Julie Andrews which is why they quietly wrote a handy "bailin" clause into the Mastericht treaty in case things get tricky (which they are about to get).

Why does Darkcoin fit into all this ?

Because we are a clam living on a whale's back and that whale is Bitcoin swimming in a Fiat ocean. Except this whale is an amphibian and upon the Ocean's demise it will simply grow a pair of legs and carry on as normal while all around it flounders.

Action starts in about half an hour.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/10/14/european-banking-crisis-seizing-10-of-everyones-accounts-hello-cyprus/

Just had to bump this, too good - even if I only understand 1/16 of what's going on, LOL

Just for clarity, the country that is owed a lot of gravy in the EU is Germany.  If things keep going the way they are, the USA will be owing Germany some gravy too. 
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:30:15 PM

i have a donation address on darkcointalk, first rendering was that one: https://mega.co.nz/#!YAc0Wb5b!1Pp4OEPPzCHF1TlKoTeL8g5k_NpPBZuz1LhTSbKJlQw
i will render some more coin pics in the next days,  will provide evan and flare with 3d graphics when needed.

Can the edges say something like E Pluribus Anonymus? 

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:35:33 PM

Just for clarity, the country that is owed a lot of gravy in the EU is Germany.  If things keep going the way they are, the USA will be owing Germany some gravy too. 

Yes, but they are also the ones paying for most of this (right after paying for East Germany to come up to speed).  They will now become the country everyone hates again for trying to make the world a better place, IMO. (disclosure, I'm of German decent ;P )  I think they still want to make up for the evils of WWII, but that can never be repaid. (should I say we?)  Only forgiveness can repay it, and that is given, not earned.

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:39:09 PM

But the cupboard is apparently bare: http://nsnbc.me/2013/04/18/federal-reserve-refuses-to-submit-to-an-audit-of-germanys-gold-held-in-u-s-vaults-2/
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:44:37 PM

I'm going to rudely butt in here and say that I think this discussion is very important for Darkcoin right now.

I am a masternode owner.  I therefore pay to have servers that perform a service at a cost to me.   To pay for that cost, I occasionally get 20% of a mined block. Now that we have RC5, my masternodes cover costs and make a small profit. Right now, electricity prices are so high in most places in the world that mining is becoming a decreasingly viable venture.  We need miners to mine (the more the better!), the network needs masternode (the more the better!).  If we can make mining more profitable by refining the algo for the miners then it is a win win situation.

Having more hash power has some aspects.
1st the difficulty goes up
2nd the block of coins gets more divided between the miners
3rd the network is much secure
4th the price should follow up as it was on example of BTC

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:00:07 PM

But the cupboard is apparently bare: http://nsnbc.me/2013/04/18/federal-reserve-refuses-to-submit-to-an-audit-of-germanys-gold-held-in-u-s-vaults-2/

I knew about the fact that nobody has been allowed to audit the gold in Fort Knox, but I never read about the US stealing gold from other countries (which I don't doubt, give enough power to anybody, and they will abuse it) and the fact that they won't give the Germans their gold, nor even see it is just shocking to me!  I'm still very green and can't seem to shrug a level of trust for my government.  When this happens, I'm quite dismayed at myself.  I should know better but those values instilled as a child........... hard to shirk!

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:03:07 PM

i have a donation address on darkcointalk, first rendering was that one: https://mega.co.nz/#!YAc0Wb5b!1Pp4OEPPzCHF1TlKoTeL8g5k_NpPBZuz1LhTSbKJlQw
i will render some more coin pics in the next days,  will provide evan and flare with 3d graphics when needed.

Can the edges say something like E Pluribus Anonymus?  

ask evan for the final text version, it's his baby, i have no problem to update the  3d coin with a nice egde text

Ok, but perhaps it should read "fit ex multis anonymity" as it'd be more grammatically correct according to google, LOL.

Or what the heck?  We could use a modern yet representing an ancient culture that represents the beginning of democracy.  Greece!  από πoλλoύς έρχεται ανωνυμία

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:12:02 PM

new drk 3d rendering

Awesome work Raptor_73. It's already on my Desktop, and tweeted to all of my followers. PM me your addy as well please.  Grin

If you're truly into the Dark, you'll want this: https://t.co/QgVtl2iEHX A redonkulously cool Desktop! Thanks Raptor_73. #Darkcoin #bitcoin

If you enjoy the Desktop from my previous tweet, please stay tuned for Raptor_73's donation address.... #DarkLove #getintothedark #darkcoin

#getintothedark
#buildthedarkness
#DarkcoinChameleon

Can I get some retweets?

Join the fun on Twitter!

@TaoOfSatoshi

meatgrinder

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:23:48 PM

Darkcoin The platinum gold to btc yellow gold
Darkcoin. The platinum to Bitcoin's gold.TM
Raptor_73 what's your DRK address? I'm sure you have donations waiting.

Cheesy
I wish we could come up with something for the fasted transaction also. I had a problem anonymyzing my coins as I got them off of an exchange and I believe I saw something like this previously happening to someone. The transfer took less that 3 minutes. It is cray cray fast yo !!! That's it LOL cray cray fast LOL.
Thanks for the idea of putting my address in hopefully the funds will just flow in : ) Then I can send them out to people to get them started on the journey to freedom.

XevAgNTzEXfeFC8wkD4gN48H96FUi7XXcD
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:33:14 PM

so "dummy" question:
can we run mining over masternodes and cut out the miners all together ?
Is that technically possible ?
Concerning Possible... I believe yes. But it brings up centralization issues. But there are centralization issues when you have massive pools mining as well. I think it is the question of the day! Certainly something to think about.

Well, one hypothetical situation is that all nodes (not just masternodes) CPU mine with their idle cycles. 

I've been saying this FOREVER !!!

Go into the console and enter:  setgenerate true -1
or set the number to how many ever CPU cores you want to use
setgenerate true -1 = all
setgenerate true 1
setgenerate true 2
etc etc

to stop it: setgenerate false

Solo-ming on a CPU is still possible.
I hit a solo-block back in July when the diff was 2500-3000 so I know it's possible
AND, if your running the correct wallet, it WILL pay the MN's

These days I only run it every now and then but it's SO COOL to come home after work and find new solo-DRK in the wallet :-) from CPU cores

I'm doing some proof of concept work on a mass participation idle cycle CPU mining experiment.  Initially it was intended to raise funds to develop testnet and pay for professional expertise where required but perhaps the work that I am doing could have wider positive implications...
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:01:24 PM

Yes, but they are also the ones paying for most of this (right after paying for East Germany to come up to speed).  They will now become the country everyone hates again for trying to make the world a better place, IMO. (disclosure, I'm of German decent ;P )  I think they still want to make up for the evils of WWII, but that can never be repaid. (should I say we?)  Only forgiveness can repay it, and that is given, not earned.

The lies and manipulation didn't just start in our lifetimes.
I urge you to continue down the rabbit hole.
I would be DAMN PROUD to be German.

http://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/

http://grizzom.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/red-ice-radio-august-18-2014.html

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:08:53 PM

I've just dropped flare a line to talk this through. 

What if there was an opt in tick box in the QT?  You could even choose how many cores you wanted to use.  In reality, I think it tries to use a percentage of total available CPU resource rather than specific cores.  When I ran one QT mining on one core it spread it (15% util) across all 8 cores on my CPU.  When I ran it with 8 it maxed out at 100%).

Dark wallet users could theoretically contribute to network health without any noticeable impact to their PC just by ticking a box.

Mangled Blue...we've been approaching this from opposite directions and somehow collided in the middle.
semajjames

Activity: 528

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:13:27 PM

I am a masternode owner.  I therefore pay to have servers that perform a service at a cost to me.   To pay for that cost, I occasionally get 20% of a mined block. Now that we have RC5, my masternodes cover costs and make a small profit. Right now, electricity prices are so high in most places in the world that mining is becoming a decreasingly viable venture.  We need miners to mine (the more the better!), the network needs masternode (the more the better!).  If we can make mining more profitable by refining the algo for the miners then it is a win win situation.

As a miner I agree, However I read here somewhere of some idea or concept of getting rid of the need for DRK miners as the master nodes could be allocated the job in some way !!
Pages: « 1 ... 3061 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 [3111] 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: