Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:36:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3058 3059 3060 3061 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 [3108] 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722717 times)
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 01:39:58 AM

There's not been a single trade on MIntpal for an hour and a half now.

So lets read this while we're waiting.

http://www.silverdoctors.com/5-u-s-banks-each-have-more-than-40-trillion-dollars-in-exposure-to-derivatives/

Also - lets checkout the London index and in particular the 1-month MACD which is now firmly crossed since I last posted. That boy is heading major-momentum in only one direction and it aint the moon.

No wonder they had to rig the Scottish ballots by swapping the boxes out between the polling stations and the counting centres - George Osbaz & Mark Carnage need all the oil they can get to keep that balance of payments from tipping into oblivion now that the UK doesn't make anything but over-levered guvpaper anymore  Wink

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/advchart/frames/frames.asp?show=&insttype=Index&symb=UK%3AUKX&time=12&startdate=1%2F4%2F1999&enddate=9%2F1%2F2014&freq=3&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&comptemptext=&comp=none&ma=1&maval=9&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&style=320&size=3&x=35&y=9&timeFrameToggle=false&compareToToggle=false&indicatorsToggle=false&chartStyleToggle=false&state=11

I really enjoy your posts, man. Thanks for sharing your analytic gift. Cheers!

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:42:11 AM

I saw Satan at 0:54

LoL ! Yeah - I saw him too.

Here's another interesting film - this time more relevant to the thread...

https://coursmos.com/course/cryptocurrency-darkcoin

Yes, but this is old information.  Pre darksend+

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
pookielax31

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:45:09 AM

Bahahha pookie. Play nice and hangout for a while.

Will Do... this is always a funn community  Grin
Ignition75

Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:00:16 AM

Well, actually, I was kind of expecting the 970 and 980 to be flops. Last I had heard, TSMC were having serious issues producing more complex chips such as Maxwell cores at 20nm and nV was just gonna push out scaled-up 750Tis. Either TSMC got their shit together or nVidia has pulled a miracle out of their asses.

Sadly, like a week before I got the money to buy a 970, the 280X in Freya began to show signs of flaking out. Not in any way you'd have a hope in hell citing as a reason for RMA, but it gets hardware errors every now and then - not really bad, but every now and then I'll look up and see 5 HW errors, or 20 once on a nice, long run. Also, there has been several times the avg. hashrate has looked suspiciously off on short-ish runs, like 20min. After spending quite a bit of time watching the miner, it showed that the 280X is throttling for absolutely no reason - being well under 80C. A fan is squeaky, yet still very much functional. Since the farmer I'm working for has mostly 280X cards, not having a 280X to work with is not an option - Freya only mines for profit when I'm not testing, and then mostly in the winter; the usage is more as lab equipment first and miner second. So, I watched as NewEgg got the EVGA 970 I wanted in stock... and then did the responsible thing and got a 280X. Should be a better one, and it arrived today, so I'm glad. Kinda.

Anyway, thank you for the offer and for being reasonable - the latter something that seems to be absent from many of those frequenting this thread - and while I would very much like to accept it right the fuck now, I can't at the moment, because I don't backstab people I do business with. However, don't take that as me declining it, either - I may be able to in the future, and I would like that.

OK well we've had very successful crowd funded projects in the past, I'm not sure if an optimised x11 miner would benefit absolutely everyone here as I'm not sure how many people mine x11 these days.

Perhaps it could be semi-private, let me know when you think you have some spare time coming up and I'll see if I can round a group of x11 miners together to fund an optimisation exercise.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
semajjames

Activity: 528

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:25:55 AM

Well, actually, I was kind of expecting the 970 and 980 to be flops. Last I had heard, TSMC were having serious issues producing more complex chips such as Maxwell cores at 20nm and nV was just gonna push out scaled-up 750Tis. Either TSMC got their shit together or nVidia has pulled a miracle out of their asses.

Sadly, like a week before I got the money to buy a 970, the 280X in Freya began to show signs of flaking out. Not in any way you'd have a hope in hell citing as a reason for RMA, but it gets hardware errors every now and then - not really bad, but every now and then I'll look up and see 5 HW errors, or 20 once on a nice, long run. Also, there has been several times the avg. hashrate has looked suspiciously off on short-ish runs, like 20min. After spending quite a bit of time watching the miner, it showed that the 280X is throttling for absolutely no reason - being well under 80C. A fan is squeaky, yet still very much functional. Since the farmer I'm working for has mostly 280X cards, not having a 280X to work with is not an option - Freya only mines for profit when I'm not testing, and then mostly in the winter; the usage is more as lab equipment first and miner second. So, I watched as NewEgg got the EVGA 970 I wanted in stock... and then did the responsible thing and got a 280X. Should be a better one, and it arrived today, so I'm glad. Kinda.

Anyway, thank you for the offer and for being reasonable - the latter something that seems to be absent from many of those frequenting this thread - and while I would very much like to accept it right the fuck now, I can't at the moment, because I don't backstab people I do business with. However, don't take that as me declining it, either - I may be able to in the future, and I would like that.

OK well we've had very successful crowd funded projects in the past, I'm not sure if an optimised x11 miner would benefit absolutely everyone here as I'm not sure how many people mine x11 these days.

Perhaps it could be semi-private, let me know when you think you have some spare time coming up and I'll see if I can round a group of x11 miners together to fund an optimisation exercise.

+100
There's a lot of talk on this thread about ppl buying DRK and master nodes making more DRK for their owner's from miner's, which is all good stuff and relevant/good for DRK,  so it's good to see some chat from the mining point of view especially some of the point's that have been bashed out
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:38:44 AM

+100
There's a lot of talk on this thread about ppl buying DRK and master nodes making more DRK for their owner's from miner's, which is all good stuff and relevant/good for DRK,  so it's good to see some chat from the mining point of view especially some of the point's that have been bashed out

And Wolf0, I'm not talking about you spending a couple of hours here and there playing around.  Start with a clean sheet of paper, go to the top of the mountain, meditate in front of a white wall... Do whatever you need to do to give us magic, I will do my best to make sure you get paid for your efforts and the whole community can enjoy the benefits...

kadrek

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:03:15 AM

Has there been talk of reducing the number of coins for a masternode? I would love to be able to run one or two!

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:14:24 AM

Has there been talk of reducing the number of coins for a masternode? I would love to be able to run one or two!
On DCT the discussion considered reducing the number of coins, but the consensus was it would not benefit the security of the masternode network. An alternate suggestion was made to allow pooling of DRK such that several people could trustlessly use their DRK together to run a masternode. Evan said he would look into supporting this. It will open up the coin to smaller investors who are interested but don't have the scratch to pick up 1k DRK.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:14:43 AM

No - the number of coins will stay the same. The reward masternodes get might increase though which imo is great to create a financial equilibrium and strength for the MN network.
kadrek

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:16:46 AM

On DCT the discussion considered reducing the number of coins, but the consensus was it would not benefit the security of the masternode network. An alternate suggestion was made to allow pooling of DRK such that several people could trustlessly use their DRK together to run a masternode. Evan said he would look into supporting this. It will open up the coin to smaller investors who are interested but don't have the scratch to pick up 1k DRK.
Thanks, sounds interesting.

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:45:55 AM

+100

And Wolf0, I'm not talking about you spending a couple of hours here and there playing around.  Start with a clean sheet of paper, go to the top of the mountain, meditate in front of a white wall... Do whatever you need to do to give us magic, I will do my best to make sure you get paid for your efforts and the whole community can enjoy the benefits...

If I did a clean rewrite of all of this, it would take me aaaaaages xD

At least replacing one alg at a time lets you give it a good test - if you get loads of HW errors, you dun fucked it up. Narrows down the places bugs could be. Oh, just so you know - this all applies to X13/X15, as well.

Hehe OK but you know what I mean, with Evan looking to find the natural balancing point between Masternode Numbers and Miner Rewards, anything that boosts the output for mining x11 can only help.

Have a think about how much time you would need and also if you need any additional cards for testing purposes etc, we could plan this right and have a good crack at it.

Thanks dude...

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 05:04:13 AM

ICYMI:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-1-2014.2561/

Smiley

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 05:06:41 AM

Good night guys, I'm off too dream about unthinkable wealth and scantily-clad women. See you tomorrow, Tao

janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:10:56 AM

Because Mintpal is down for 24 hours, can't access funds or anything.

Didn't know that - they seem to be implementing their v2.

Switch to spectating NEOS on Bittrex for a bit of action - somebody just bought 2358 NEOS (which corresponds to about 11,000 DRK by coin supply) for a snip 0.496 BTC. Not bad if you can get the liquidity.

Shouldn't that be the Dogue "dump" in that case ? People are exiting to USD out of BTC. If they were taking profits from Dogue they'd have to dump Dogue for BTC first.

Personally, I never call the "manipulation" card because to me it's just all supply and demand. But I watched the market just there and what happened was this:

- it was drifting down and got to 376 on very low volume
 - some accelerated dumping started which got it down to 364
 - at that point, a massive sellwall appeared - about 196 BTC right on the bottom rung of the asks
 - at least 120 BTC of it got bought within a minute and the rest either disappeared or got bought
 - now the market's on its way back up with 1436 on demand, 586 on offer

In other words, someone was sitting there with $45,000 of off-orderbook budget who knew exactly what they wanted and got it.

Conclusion: institutional investors in stealth mode starting to stock up.

(P.S. The reason I suggested that isn't because they're looking for low prices - they're not - they're looking for liquidity. Bitcoin is very illiquid and grabbing yourself 120 BTC at any given time is going to cause a bit of a splash. To get the liquidity big buyers need you need to shake the tree a lot harder).

Interesting when you put these together.
I often tend to think that I see some "patterns" which could suggest that some form of manipulation is possibly in effect (I am not talking about the crypto gabler, fan cheerleader or coin troll kind of manipulation paranoia but huge spikes and "channel-alignment"), however I never see liquidity problems because that's just supply and demand right there (regardless if it's manipulated or not), for me liquidity (change) is a direct effect of supply and demand (change). No liquidity = the supply or demand just dried up at that price level, so the market needs to find the next correct price (be that either lower or higher). [Or alternatively neither sides care anymore, so the whole market is dead. But that's rare.]
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:22:14 AM

No - the number of coins will stay the same. The reward masternodes get might increase though which imo is great to create a financial equilibrium and strength for the MN network.

agree - would hate to run twice as many VPSes and have twice as much costs as I have know - actually that would cause some of us to drop MN. Like 1,000 as a round number Smiley
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:27:27 AM

Europol has issued a new report on Internet crime in which it outlined a number of scenarios involving bitcoin.

Called the Internet Organised Crime Threat Assessment (iOCTA), the report examines the use of bitcoin on various dark web sites, by organised crime and individual actors, and calls digital currencies an ‘enabler’ for cryber-criminals and a challenge for law enforcement.

However, it makes a clear distinction between bitcoin and digital currencies designed with true anonymity in mind, like darkcoin, warning:

“We feel it should concern everyone that the latest cyber currencies are intended to be truly anonymous and to facilitate anonymous transactions. We face a situation where law enforcement may be completely unable to trace even very large criminal transactions.”

BUMP

This is a key point for failing the sucesss of DRK coin. The only question is at which point of time will the western world police stop DRK. Its the most thing they are scared about - A anon cash they can't control with their central banks. They will do the same with DRK as they did with gold and silver. They manipulate the markets to scare people and mainstream media will do their work to blame DRK.

Evan as core developer who created DRK is a public person, nothing easier to stop him.
I am behind the DRK project because i think free people need a free money that cant be controled by anyone.
Not to do any crime related things, only to be sure i have privacy, nothing more, nothing less.
But this wish is not realistic in a world with modern slaves. We are nothing more than slaves without wearing chains.

Do yo have a link to the report ?
raze182

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:38:24 AM

Europol has issued a new report on Internet crime in which it outlined a number of scenarios involving bitcoin.

Called the Internet Organised Crime Threat Assessment (iOCTA), the report examines the use of bitcoin on various dark web sites, by organised crime and individual actors, and calls digital currencies an ‘enabler’ for cryber-criminals and a challenge for law enforcement.

However, it makes a clear distinction between bitcoin and digital currencies designed with true anonymity in mind, like darkcoin, warning:

“We feel it should concern everyone that the latest cyber currencies are intended to be truly anonymous and to facilitate anonymous transactions. We face a situation where law enforcement may be completely unable to trace even very large criminal transactions.”

BUMP

This is a key point for failing the sucesss of DRK coin. The only question is at which point of time will the western world police stop DRK. Its the most thing they are scared about - A anon cash they can't control with their central banks. They will do the same with DRK as they did with gold and silver. They manipulate the markets to scare people and mainstream media will do their work to blame DRK.

Evan as core developer who created DRK is a public person, nothing easier to stop him.
I am behind the DRK project because i think free people need a free money that cant be controled by anyone.
Not to do any crime related things, only to be sure i have privacy, nothing more, nothing less.
But this wish is not realistic in a world with modern slaves. We are nothing more than slaves without wearing chains.

Do yo have a link to the report ?

https://www.europol.europa.eu/sites/default/files/publications/europol_iocta_web.pdf (Darkcoin mentioned by name on pages 34 and 41).

Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:41:48 AM

so "dummy" question:
can we run mining over masternodes and cut out the miners all together ?
Is that technically possible ?
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:56:11 AM

so "dummy" question:

"dummy" answer: No.  And this is a good thing too.  I don't understand it enough to explain why.
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:57:46 AM

so "dummy" question:
Concerning Possible... I believe yes. But it brings up centralization issues. But there are centralization issues when you have massive pools mining as well. I think it is the question of the day! Certainly something to think about.
Pages: « 1 ... 3058 3059 3060 3061 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 [3108] 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: