Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:20:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3064 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 [3114] 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:13:43 PM

most miners get a false positive virus detection at virustotal.com

We should not stress the official wallet with that! wallet needs to be 100% clean
I got it on AVG Free as well
I repeat...the ability to solo CPU mine has always been included from before the days this project forked from litecoin and it does not/will not trigger any AV alerts.  Unless of course you're downloading a dodgy copy of the QT Cheesy
AVG will remove it from memory the second it pegs the CPU, and then it deletes the file! I ran into this when trying to get the CPU miner running on my son's winblows rig. Any CPU miner you download will be killed by AVG when the CPU pegs, and then the file deleted.

Correct but you don't need a cpu miner to cpu mine.  Thats what we're trying to say.  It is already built in to QT
I can hear it from Evan now: "I put XcoinMiner into your darkcoin daemon so you can mine while you mine!"

I'm mining on my t1.micro masternode!
Code:
$ darkcoind getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 146014,
    "currentblocksize" : 1375,
    "currentblocktx" : 1,
    "difficulty" : 3239.03718077,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : true,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 16990,
    "networkhashps" : 75279401580,
    "pooledtx" : 4,
    "testnet" : false
}

17 khash/s. What a powerhouse!

Edit: If I ever get any coins, they will show up in the local wallet, which is normally a throwaway wallet for remote operated masternodes. So make sure you have backups of your throwaway!

What has this got to do with masternodes?  I'm hashing at 0.5Mhs using the QT on my PC.  Ok, I've got a decent CPU but even if the average CPU is incredibly slow, it is a decent hashrate  when multiplied by five or ten thousand.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:14:11 PM

As I said earlier, we should maybe think of changing to a new algo.. Evan said that he would change algo when asics were possible, FPGA's are hurting this coin, this dumping is just insane.

We would be better with scrypt or sha256, at least their asics are in the market, but a new cpu/gpu algo would be better...
I must have missed that. Do you have a link to Evan saying that?
Ditto. I've been around this project for a long damn time. I've never heard anyone say this...

Another "put words in their mouth then claim failure when that which was never promised doesn't happen troll?"

Yeah he actually said the opposite. I don't know where you're getting your information from. Proof is the below quote.

We can't really do anything to stop miners from moving to GPUs in the eventual. It doesn't look like anyone has succeeded in making a miner that works well yet though. GPUs are in the natural life cycle of a crypto though and I'd like DarkCoin to follow the same path as Bitcoin did.

That proven scammer said a lot of things. In June he is still claiming ASIC Resistence which is a flat out lie as proven from your quote from February.

X11 is ASIC resistant, just as LTC was. It's not ASIC-proof. There aren't ASICs out for it now but it's always a possibility down the road. Try harder.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:14:53 PM

That proven scammer said a lot of things. In June he is still claiming ASIC Resistence which is a flat out lie as proven from your quote from February.

There is still no FPGA's currently after 10 months. An ASIC will take years. That in itself is "ASIC resistant".
and even if this day arrives Evan will embrance ASICs

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 07:17:30 PM

As I said earlier, we should maybe think of changing to a new algo.. Evan said that he would change algo when asics were possible, FPGA's are hurting this coin, this dumping is just insane.

We would be better with scrypt or sha256, at least their asics are in the market, but a new cpu/gpu algo would be better...
Ditto. I've been around this project for a long damn time. I've never heard anyone say this...

Another "put words in their mouth then claim failure when that which was never promised doesn't happen troll?"
Yeah he actually said the opposite. I don't know where you're getting your information from. Proof is the below quote.

We can't really do anything to stop miners from moving to GPUs in the eventual. It doesn't look like anyone has succeeded in making a miner that works well yet though. GPUs are in the natural life cycle of a crypto though and I'd like DarkCoin to follow the same path as Bitcoin did.

X11 is ASIC resistant, just as LTC was. It's not ASIC-proof. There aren't ASICs out for it now but it's always a possibility down the road. Try harder.
+1
Different != Resistant

A new algo is not 'resistant' just because it's a new algo... Any algo that is static is in fact not ASIC resistant at all, it invites ASICs, actually. It's just different and an ASIC hasn't been made yet. That doesn't make it resistant to shit. That's why I never liked calling X11 "ASIC resistant." It's not. At all. It actually invites ASICs by it's very nature of being just another static algo no different from any other in the perspective of a giant parallel calculator... Scrypt was never ASIC resistant, either. It was just different and guess what, there's ASICs for it now... Any static algo invites ASICs, it doesn't resist them. It only means that current ASICs can't do it. This is not resistance, it's merely different.

So easily they fall for the hype and marketing...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:19:18 PM

I can hear it from Evan now: "I put XcoinMiner into your darkcoin daemon so you can mine while you mine!"

I'm mining on my t1.micro masternode!
Code:
$ darkcoind getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 146014,
    "currentblocksize" : 1375,
    "currentblocktx" : 1,
    "difficulty" : 3239.03718077,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : true,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 16990,
    "networkhashps" : 75279401580,
    "pooledtx" : 4,
    "testnet" : false
}

17 khash/s. What a powerhouse!

Edit: If I ever get any coins, they will show up in the local remote wallet, which is normally a throwaway wallet for remote operated masternodes. So make sure you have backups of your throwaway!

What has this got to do with masternodes?  I'm hashing at 0.5Mhs using the QT on my PC.  Ok, I've got a decent CPU but even if the average CPU is incredibly slow, it is a decent hashrate  when multiplied by five or ten thousand.
I enabled mining on my remote masternode. AWS will probably kick me off for maxing the virtual CPU, but who cares? There's always a chance I'll solve a block.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 07:26:42 PM

... CPU ... There's always a chance I'll solve a block.
Sure. Totally... :-p

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
HinnomTX

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:29:03 PM

X11 is ASIC ready, not ASIC resistant. All 11 algorithms can be coded in RTL, so they can be realized with dedicated hardware.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
HinnomTX

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:30:16 PM

I'm not paying the power bill on this one. It's a freebie instance. Check back with me in a year. Smiley

DailyModo

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:31:19 PM

Hey guys here's a small article about darksend hope you enjoy it.

http://coin-network.com/darksend-scheduled-for-release-and-implementation-on-september-29-2014/

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:36:40 PM

This isn't about solving blocks.  Its about distributing the network hash rate.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:52:19 PM

Just for clarity, the country that is owed a lot of gravy in the EU is Germany.  If things keep going the way they are, the USA will be owing Germany some gravy too. 

But the cupboard is apparently bare: http://nsnbc.me/2013/04/18/federal-reserve-refuses-to-submit-to-an-audit-of-germanys-gold-held-in-u-s-vaults-2/

I knew about the fact that nobody has been allowed to audit the gold in Fort Knox, but I never read about the US stealing gold from other countries (which I don't doubt, give enough power to anybody, and they will abuse it) and the fact that they won't give the Germans their gold, nor even see it is just shocking to me!  I'm still very green and can't seem to shrug a level of trust for my government.  When this happens, I'm quite dismayed at myself.  I should know better but those values instilled as a child........... hard to shirk!

Me too. I never noticed any of this stuff when I was in work-world (head down for 40 years). In retirement, I have the time to look around a bit and it ain't pretty. As guitar maven Jamie Andreas says in a different context, "the deeper I go the deeper it gets". Given that all this stuff occurs within a sea of distractions and other FUD it is very challenging to figure out who is really doing what to whom. Most people won't even try - it is very hard work.

I should add, regarding the German gold story - I just grabbed the best descriptive link that caught my eye on Google - there are plenty of confirming alternative sources if that particular one is not suitable.

As for DRK - difficult days ahead, precisely because the product is so iconoclastic. The FUD will fly as never before.
kiindje

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:53:02 PM

so, to come back to the post on

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-1-2014.2561/page-8

--> is the decision regarding the rising reward for masternode made? or was this just a suggestion that is still debatable?

Because it seemed like Evan had already set his mind to it, and was just letting us know his plan, rather than putting it up for discussion.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 07:53:25 PM

E Pluribus Obscurum, I say...

Google Translate's reaction is equally obscure. "Somewhat Obscure." Is it not sure how to translate it? Or is that the translation? Obscure it is...

I like, "Among many we are hidden."

In the Darkness, we are one..... love it. Love it! Will be featured on a not to distant tweet.

HinnomTX

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:55:35 PM

This isn't about solving blocks.  Its about distributing the network hash rate.
This conversation is, incidentally, about both solving blocks (free upside potential if you're not paying the bill) AND distributed hash rate.
But let's be very clear:
If I enable mining on my one EC2 instance, it won't do shit to distribute the network hash rate (just look at the hashespersec versus networkhashps, it's pathetic!). If everybody chips in by enabling mining on their QT wallets and masternodes, it helps distributes the hash rate in principle, but GPU miners will retain the lion's share.
To distribute and decentralize network hash rate in a meaningful way, GPU miners should move to DRK p2pools.  How to encourage that is another question.

moneyflow

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:57:52 PM

Hey guys here's a small article about darksend hope you enjoy it.

http://coin-network.com/darksend-scheduled-for-release-and-implementation-on-september-29-2014/

Thank you its a good little read for som1 who never heard of it.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:06:17 PM

+1
Different != Resistant

A new algo is not 'resistant' just because it's a new algo... Any algo that is static is in fact not ASIC resistant at all, it invites ASICs, actually. It's just different and an ASIC hasn't been made yet. That doesn't make it resistant to shit. That's why I never liked calling X11 "ASIC resistant." It's not. At all. It actually invites ASICs by it's very nature of being just another static algo no different from any other in the perspective of a giant parallel calculator... Scrypt was never ASIC resistant, either. It was just different and guess what, there's ASICs for it now... Any static algo invites ASICs, it doesn't resist them. It only means that current ASICs can't do it. This is not resistance, it's merely different.

So easily they fall for the hype and marketing...

You sir, are talking some sense. One small edit, though - a static algo may be ASIC resistant, it is just less so. Scrypt, as used in Litecoin, was a damned fine scam from day 1. Scrypt tends to be ASIC resistant, but not in the ACTUAL meaning of the term - people in crypto should call it "ASIC uneconomical." The parameters for LTC's PoW - scrypt(1024, 1, 1) - were deliberately chosen in order to allow GPU mining efficiency far exceeding the efficiency of CPU, and that's why it was so easy and profitable to make ASICs. The whole point of it was to lie about its properties.
Precisely. LTC was, and is, a scam.

But, much like dogecoin, it proves to us that the fundamentals of how a crypto might work, as outlined by satoshi, are, in fact, not anywhere near as delicate as he thought.

Doge: Zero diff coin of infinite inflation has more market cap than we do, none of the users have any damn clue how it works or how fundamentally horrible it is, and it brings absolutely nothing to the table.

Lite: Calling yourself silver is all it takes to snatch up hundreds of millions in stupid peoples' money. Algo that is the 100% opposite of what it claims to be, nobody is smart enough to notice, brings nothing to the table.

The pattern is: stupid. Stupid people love to be fucked over. They can't complain about it when the demand it. It's like the Occupy Wall Street idiots. They insist on being screwed, yet blame everyone else when they end up screwed... Duh... You're right, we 1% fucked you, because you refused to participate in anything else... It's like dumb whores that marry for money. What'd you fuckin' expect? Prince Charming? Really? You think Prince Charming trolls for hookers like you? Derp... Stupid people... Lets throw our money at the obvious lie then be mad when we lose our money because it's a lie... Fucking dumb...

It's not so much that the altcoin business is a scam. It's that the people involved insist on being scammed. If it's not a beautiful and obvious lie, they're not interested. Cryptotards refuse to put their money in anything other than a scam that anyone with half a brain could figure out...

The average crypto investor/apologist is the dumbest person alive no matter how you slice the demographic.

It's all about the stupid people. Just ask them... Me me me me me.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:07:51 PM

Perry Woodin @PerryWoodin  · 1 hour ago
@TaoOfSatoshi I’m all in. Looking into setting up a few MNs.

Tao Of Satoshi ‏@TaoOfSatoshi 51 minutes ago
@PerryWoodin Wow, building the Darkness as well! Good to have you....

WE ARE #DARKCOIN: In the Darkness, we are one.... #getintothedark #bitcoin #privacy

#getintothedark
#buildthedarkness
#DarkcoinChameleon

Join the fun on Twitter, and get people involved, one at a time. You'll be surprised how fast the word spreads!

@TaoOfSatoshi

Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:18:05 PM

But, much like dogecoin, it proves to us that the fundamentals of how a crypto might work, as outlined by satoshi, are, in fact, not anywhere near as delicate as he thought.

Doge: Zero diff coin of infinite inflation has more market cap than we do, none of the users have any damn clue how it works or how fundamentally horrible it is, and it brings absolutely nothing to the table.

Lite: Calling yourself silver is all it takes to snatch up hundreds of millions in stupid peoples' money. Algo that is the 100% opposite of what it claims to be, nobody is smart enough to notice, brings nothing to the table.

Great summary Camo
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:37:40 PM

Great summary Camo

It seems like we need a catchphrase to attract the masses. "E Pluribus Obscurum" sounds nice and the translations too, but can Latin appeal to the general public as well as the pure genius of "Such wow" or "The silver to Bitcoin's gold"?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:39:13 PM

Great summary Camo

It seems like we need a catchphrase to attract the masses. "E Pluribus Obscurum" sounds nice and the translations too, but can Latin appeal to the general public as well as the pure genius of "Such wow" or "The silver to Bitcoin's gold"?

What about, "Naughty, but nice!" Wink

edit: full credit to Salman Rushdie.
Pages: « 1 ... 3064 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 [3114] 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: