Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:52:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 [3115] 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
CoinBlab

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:50:16 PM

Hi guys. You should list Darkcoin on the new CoinBlab social network: http://coinblab.com

Here is an example page: http://coinblab.com/page/dogecoin

CoinBlab also has groups, events, blogs, and IM!
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:55:05 PM

Precisely. LTC was, and is, a scam.

But, much like dogecoin, it proves to us that the fundamentals of how a crypto might work, as outlined by satoshi, are, in fact, not anywhere near as delicate as he thought.

Doge: Zero diff coin of infinite inflation has more market cap than we do, none of the users have any damn clue how it works or how fundamentally horrible it is, and it brings absolutely nothing to the table.

Lite: Calling yourself silver is all it takes to snatch up hundreds of millions in stupid peoples' money. Algo that is the 100% opposite of what it claims to be, nobody is smart enough to notice, brings nothing to the table.

Great summary Camo

It seems like we need a catchphrase to attract the masses. "E Pluribus Obscurum" sounds nice and the translations too, but can Latin appeal to the general public as well as the pure genius of "Such wow" or "The silver to Bitcoin's gold"?

What about, "Naughty, but nice!" Wink

edit: full credit to Salman Rushdie.
+1
Darkcoin. Naughty, but nice!

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:55:26 PM

But, much like dogecoin, it proves to us that the fundamentals of how a crypto might work, as outlined by satoshi, are, in fact, not anywhere near as delicate as he thought.

Doge: Zero diff coin of infinite inflation has more market cap than we do, none of the users have any damn clue how it works or how fundamentally horrible it is, and it brings absolutely nothing to the table.

Lite: Calling yourself silver is all it takes to snatch up hundreds of millions in stupid peoples' money. Algo that is the 100% opposite of what it claims to be, nobody is smart enough to notice, brings nothing to the table.

Great summary Camo

It seems like we need a catchphrase to attract the masses. "E Pluribus Obscurum" sounds nice and the translations too, but can Latin appeal to the general public as well as the pure genius of "Such wow" or "The silver to Bitcoin's gold"?

"Such Dark"
"Darkcoin. Privacy matters."
"Bitcoin - 2009. almost anonymous. almost instant.
Darkcoin - 2013. Anonymous. Instant.
"
Drobek

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:57:36 PM

Great summary Camo

"Such Dark"
"

Another one:
You do not need Darkcoin. You have nothing to hide.   Wink
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:58:49 PM

As I said earlier, we should maybe think of changing to a new algo.. Evan said that he would change algo when asics were possible, FPGA's are hurting this coin, this dumping is just insane.

We would be better with scrypt or sha256, at least their asics are in the market, but a new cpu/gpu algo would be better...
I must have missed that. Do you have a link to Evan saying that?
Ditto. I've been around this project for a long damn time. I've never heard anyone say this...

Another "put words in their mouth then claim failure when that which was never promised doesn't happen troll?"
Yeah he actually said the opposite. I don't know where you're getting your information from. Proof is the below quote.

We can't really do anything to stop miners from moving to GPUs in the eventual. It doesn't look like anyone has succeeded in making a miner that works well yet though. GPUs are in the natural life cycle of a crypto though and I'd like DarkCoin to follow the same path as Bitcoin did.
That proven scammer said a lot of things. In June he is still claiming ASIC Resistence which is a flat out lie as proven from your quote from February.

X11 is ASIC resistant, just as LTC was. It's not ASIC-proof. There aren't ASICs out for it now but it's always a possibility down the road. Try harder.
+1
Different != Resistant

A new algo is not 'resistant' just because it's a new algo... Any algo that is static is in fact not ASIC resistant at all, it invites ASICs, actually. It's just different and an ASIC hasn't been made yet. That doesn't make it resistant to shit. That's why I never liked calling X11 "ASIC resistant." It's not. At all. It actually invites ASICs by it's very nature of being just another static algo no different from any other in the perspective of a giant parallel calculator... Scrypt was never ASIC resistant, either. It was just different and guess what, there's ASICs for it now... Any static algo invites ASICs, it doesn't resist them. It only means that current ASICs can't do it. This is not resistance, it's merely different.

So easily they fall for the hype and marketing...

You sir, are talking some sense. One small edit, though - a static algo may be ASIC resistant, it is just less so. Scrypt, as used in Litecoin, was a damned fine scam from day 1. Scrypt tends to be ASIC resistant, but not in the ACTUAL meaning of the term - people in crypto should call it "ASIC uneconomical." The parameters for LTC's PoW - scrypt(1024, 1, 1) - were deliberately chosen in order to allow GPU mining efficiency far exceeding the efficiency of CPU, and that's why it was so easy and profitable to make ASICs. The whole point of it was to lie about its properties.

The pattern is: stupid. Stupid people love to be fucked over. They can't complain about it when the demand it. It's like the Occupy Wall Street idiots. They insist on being screwed, yet blame everyone else when they end up screwed... Duh... You're right, we 1% fucked you, because you refused to participate in anything else... It's like dumb whores that marry for money. What'd you fuckin' expect? Prince Charming? Really? You think Prince Charming trolls for hookers like you? Derp... Stupid people... Lets throw our money at the obvious lie then be mad when we lose our money because it's a lie... Fucking dumb...

It's not so much that the altcoin business is a scam. It's that the people involved insist on being scammed. If it's not a beautiful and obvious lie, they're not interested. Cryptotards refuse to put their money in anything other than a scam that anyone with half a brain could figure out...

The average crypto investor/apologist is the dumbest person alive no matter how you slice the demographic.

It's all about the stupid people. Just ask them... Me me me me me.

Sad but true. A fool and his money are soon parted......

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 09:04:15 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 09:14:25 PM by TaoOfSaatoshi

Great summary Camo

#getintothedark

It's working for me!

onetime

Activity: 602
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

"Such Dark"
Darkcoin - 2013. Anonymous. Instant."

Darkcoin. Real Financial Privacy. Digital Cash.

-onetime

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:05:41 PM

"Such Dark"
"

Darkcoin. InstantX Privacy.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 09:06:38 PM

next drk 3d coin rendering:

needs about 4 hours to finish. Go to sleep now. 22:51 in gerrmany

Good work. I will tweet your donation address. Thanks!

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 09:08:05 PM

"Such Dark"
Darkcoin - 2013. Anonymous. Instant."

Darkcoin. Real Financial Privacy. Digital Cash.

-onetime

This I like.

coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:12:43 PM

I have an idea that can make us reach world news all of the world, like prime time news. I don't want to just share it since other coins might steal the idea, it's quite a simple idea, but it has never been done before. Its effects will be enormous I think, but maybe I'm wrong. What would be the best way to discuss this idea with just the most important and influential people of this project?
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 09:13:51 PM

I have an idea that can make us reach world news all of the world, like prime time news. I don't want to just share it since other coins might steal the idea, it's quite a simple idea, but it has never been done before. Its effects will be enormous I think, but maybe I'm wrong. What would be the best way to discuss this idea with just the most important and influential people of this project?

PM.

patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:15:27 PM

Great summary Camo

"Such Dark"
"

Another one:

Some nice ones.

Darkcoin. Bankerless Swiss banking.
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:16:42 PM

Private thread on DCT?
Drobek

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:19:16 PM

Great summary Camo

"Such Dark"
"

Another one:

Some nice ones.

Darkcoin. Bankerless Swiss banking.
Swiss is not what it used to be.. would avoid referring to it:
http://www.economist.com/news/finance-and-economics/21599832-big-and-small-must-adapt-survive-swissness-not-enough
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 09:19:48 PM

Private thread on DCT?

Yes, this probably the best idea, actually.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 09:22:05 PM

You have piqued my curiosity, please don't dissapoint me!  Cheesy

janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:25:15 PM

... CPU ... There's always a chance I'll solve a block.
Sure. Totally... :-p

This isn't about solving blocks.  Its about distributing the network hash rate.

EXACTLY !!!!

The blocks are just the bonus :-D

May be I am wrong about this, but I think it doesn't really matter. The "51% attack" is about having >50% of the network hash rate. A few (let alone virtual) CPU cores here and there don't really matter. They start to solve the block but effectively never finish it and thus they never actually have any effect on the blockchain. They do not mine any blocks, they are only trying to find the solution (and their work gets flushed when somebody else finds it before them).
Wild luck doesn't count here (unless you are hoping for the block reward as a lottery), because you would need a series of wild lucks in an externally defined time frame (solve several blocks in a row until the >50% entity looses it's adventage).
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 09:31:56 PM

For anyone who downloaded Raptor_73's Desktop wallpaper, his donation address is: XepxgFMwK441i9tPUdNKiq3KYEd1BcCDo9 Support! #darkcoin

#getintothedark
#buildthedarkness
#DarkcoinChameleon

Donation address tweeted. Once again, nice work Raptor_73!

@TaoOfSatoshi

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:36:46 PM

... CPU ... There's always a chance I'll solve a block.
Sure. Totally... :-p

This isn't about solving blocks.  Its about distributing the network hash rate.

EXACTLY !!!!

The blocks are just the bonus :-D

May be I am wrong about this, but I think it doesn't really matter. The "51% attack" is about having >50% of the network hash rate. A few (let alone virtual) CPU cores here and there don't really matter. They start to solve the block but effectively never finish it and thus they never actually have any effect on the blockchain. They do not mine any blocks, they are only trying to find the solution (and their work gets flushed when somebody else finds it before them).
Wild luck doesn't count here (unless you are hoping for the block reward as a lottery), because you would need a series of wild lucks in an externally defined time frame (solve several blocks in a row until the >50% entity looses it's adventage).

Things change a bit if everyone mines on p2pool...
Pages: « 1 ... 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 [3115] 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: