Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:32:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIGHTNINGASIC LA100M,100MHS SCRYPT Miner, USD1999; LA1THS, USD1750.shipped out!  (Read 309015 times)
teekan

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:20:49 AM

I seen that to upgrade the firmware you have to push that white switch on the miner, but I have the gold ones, and there is no switch!    Can someone please let me know how the "gold edition" miners can upgrade the firmware?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5355522#msg5355522

If you can understand it, there is some firmware info. But no instructions and probably not the good news you hoped for.

Thanks Xell.   Yeh I'm still trying to find if the "gold" edition miners have the latest firmware on them.  Can anyone confirm this please?
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:00:23 AM

I got a tracking number. It shipped yesterday and is on the move!!!  Grin

Took 2 weeks but im so happy/relieved since i payed in BTC
Andareed

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:02:19 AM

I seen that to upgrade the firmware you have to push that white switch on the miner, but I have the gold ones, and there is no switch!    Can someone please let me know how the "gold edition" miners can upgrade the firmware?

If you can understand it, there is some firmware info. But no instructions and probably not the good news you hoped for.

Thanks Xell.   Yeh I'm still trying to find if the "gold" edition miners have the latest firmware on them.  Can anyone confirm this please?

That thread is talking about the controller firmware, not the miner firmware.

BTC: 1K54i8Fsu7e7WPu1pQJV6tDa65qXahnHMH
LTC: LMfJ2eqsJofTaNtD1dLRZBuKju9qYgwxZj
Andareed

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:42:24 AM

I called DHL today and they said they don't have any packages showing up for my name and zipcode, so I am getting very concerned. I paid by btc on February 11 and the only communication I get from Angela is to repeatedly ask me for my postal code and telephone number... which I've provided four times already. Four days ago I received an email that said shipping would "be arranged tomorrow", but then got yet another email asking for my postal code and telephone number yesterday!?

Oh dear. She's only asked me once for my "tel and post code" so far. I paid with BTC on Feb 14.

Yay! I finally have a tracking number!

chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:52:59 AM

I called DHL today and they said they don't have any packages showing up for my name and zipcode, so I am getting very concerned. I paid by btc on February 11 and the only communication I get from Angela is to repeatedly ask me for my postal code and telephone number... which I've provided four times already. Four days ago I received an email that said shipping would "be arranged tomorrow", but then got yet another email asking for my postal code and telephone number yesterday!?

Oh dear. She's only asked me once for my "tel and post code" so far. I paid with BTC on Feb 14.

She emailed you tracking? What the hell. Paid the 12th with btc and nothing still. This is so frustrating.
Andareed

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:55:57 AM

She emailed you tracking? What the hell. Paid the 12th with btc and nothing still. This is so frustrating.

Try emailing both Angela and Jack daily. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:57:55 AM

Hey keep messaging them. Even PM asiabtc on here. I know it seems pesky but he is making about 1500-2k per la6m sale.

He can deal with the added stress in my opinion. It comes with the nature of the job and especially for the money hes making. He's making more money than many chinese do in a year off this quick burst of sales. So think about that
teekan

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:24:07 AM

Having trouble finding the IP address to get to the dashboard.   I hooked up everything like the diagram in the PDF, and go to wiibox.net to do a scan and it doesn't come up with a IP address for me.    I also looked on my router settings and don't see a new IP address added or anything so I'm not sure how to obtain the ip addy so I can finally get to the dashboard.

I've searched all the threads related with lightning asic and no one has really posted a tutorial on how to get the Wiibox and Ip settings setup to get to the dashboard.

I'm stuck on what looks like one of the last steps;  can anyone please help out?   I'm sure this information will be used again and again, because people are in the same situation as me.    Thanks for anyone that can help it's greatly appreciated!
Ruben383

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:45:11 AM

Finally received my LA3M today from DHL, paid via bank transfer Feb.10th. I will begin assembly tomorrow afternoon. Here we go wish me luck.
bearsworth

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:02:21 AM

Having trouble finding the IP address to get to the dashboard.   I hooked up everything like the diagram in the PDF, and go to wiibox.net to do a scan and it doesn't come up with a IP address for me.    I also looked on my router settings and don't see a new IP address added or anything so I'm not sure how to obtain the ip addy so I can finally get to the dashboard.

I've searched all the threads related with lightning asic and no one has really posted a tutorial on how to get the Wiibox and Ip settings setup to get to the dashboard.

I'm stuck on what looks like one of the last steps;  can anyone please help out?   I'm sure this information will be used again and again, because people are in the same situation as me.    Thanks for anyone that can help it's greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure I had this issue. I just plugged it into my router and looked at my router and it showed up, so i used the ip address. What is your setup like? I dont think you set it up wrong, but send a pic.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
teekan

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:13:30 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 06:58:06 AM by teekan

Having trouble finding the IP address to get to the dashboard.   I hooked up everything like the diagram in the PDF, and go to wiibox.net to do a scan and it doesn't come up with a IP address for me.    I also looked on my router settings and don't see a new IP address added or anything so I'm not sure how to obtain the ip addy so I can finally get to the dashboard.

I'm stuck on what looks like one of the last steps;  can anyone please help out?   I'm sure this information will be used again and again, because people are in the same situation as me.    Thanks for anyone that can help it's greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure I had this issue. I just plugged it into my router and looked at my router and it showed up, so i used the ip address. What is your setup like? I dont think you set it up wrong, but send a pic.

thanks for helping bearsworth, I'll try and unplug and plug the ethernet into another port perhaps and double check the connection, and I'll provide a picture of the setup as soon as I can.   Smiley

UPDATE: SUCCESS!   I had to update the firmware on the router, it had a super old ancient version on there and wouldn't even show the attached devices on the router.     

Now to figure out how to upgrade the firmware on the "gold edition" miners Smiley
juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:22:14 AM

I got a tracking number. It shipped yesterday and is on the move!!!  Grin

Took 2 weeks but im so happy/relieved since i payed in BTC

Where did you get your tracking number from? I'm on 15th day since my BTC payment and nothing. No product, no tracking number, nothing!
teekan

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:04:26 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 07:54:23 AM by teekan

Thanks Xell.   Yeh I'm still trying to find if the "gold" edition miners have the latest firmware on them.  Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks for clearing that up btw  Smiley
mazedk

Activity: 457

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:23:20 AM

So.

I just got an email - after opening a paypal dispute.

with..... A tracking number. Wow.

As many others have mentioned. I bought from jack cause he promised fast shipping.

Lets do a little calculation.

I paid 16 days ago today. Lets say it takes 6 days to ship. So I have missed 10 days of mining.

Right now, I would make what sums up to ~1 LTC a day mining. With todays value on btc-e, thats $150 usd. Seeing as I am possibly looking for another 5-7 days of shipping.

Also, since hes making around 100$ a piece on these units.. I dont feel that a nice discount from jacks side is unheard of.

Anyone else feeling this?

Xell

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:21:50 AM

Thanks Xell.   Yeh I'm still trying to find if the "gold" edition miners have the latest firmware on them.  Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks for clearing that up btw  Smiley

I think the miner firmware isn't going to be update-able, only the controller.

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
teekan

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:22:10 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 08:47:35 AM by teekan

Finally got to the dashboard and put in all the required info, but none of the miners start up they all say offline.     Undecided    

I also see that when I add the workernames that I made (seperated with commas) and I hit the submit and restart button, I don't see the workers names show up next to the LTC Miner names  for example LTC Miner 1:24 (workername not listed here)  only says LTC Miner 1:24

I tried different mining pools to, with no luck and seen some people talking about turning something off and on, but they don't describe what exactly to turn off and on.    Is there anything else I need to unplug and plug back in as well?    any help is greatly appreciated! Smiley
Nurka

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:12:31 AM

Finally got to the dashboard and put in all the required info, but none of the miners start up they all say offline.     Undecided    

I also see that when I add the workernames that I made (seperated with commas) and I hit the submit and restart button, I don't see the workers names show up next to the LTC Miner names  for example LTC Miner 1:24 (workername not listed here)  only says LTC Miner 1:24

I tried different mining pools to, with no luck and seen some people talking about turning something off and on, but they don't describe what exactly to turn off and on.    Is there anything else I need to unplug and plug back in as well?    any help is greatly appreciated! Smiley

Have you put a pool in the SHA-256 pool? Even if you're not going to dual mine and have it disabled you need to have a pool entered. Just enter anything.
teekan

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:34:20 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 11:16:27 AM by teekan

I also see that when I add the workernames that I made (seperated with commas) and I hit the submit and restart button, I don't see the workers names show up next to the LTC Miner names  for example LTC Miner 1:24 (workername not listed here)  only says LTC Miner 1:24

Have you put a pool in the SHA-256 pool? Even if you're not going to dual mine and have it disabled you need to have a pool entered. Just enter anything.

Yes I just copied the scrypt pool into into the sha-256 pool fields and have enabled for sha-256 unchecked.    it just says offline for the miner :/

PLEASE HELP!

after 2 days of troubleshooting this I'm finally at the dashboard and see all my 10 miners but they are all OFFLINE and I can't get them to hash at all.  Huh  I have setup the scrypt pool and filled in stuff on the SHA-256 as well and left the enabled button unchecked (I just want to mine scrypt anyway)  

I tried doing the steps from worldlybedouin listed below with no luck as well...

1. Unplug power cable from TP-Link controller
2. Turn off the USB hub switch (or unplug the hub from the controller)
3. Remove all the USB cables from the hub except 1 of them
4. Plug in the TP-Links power cable
5. Allow the controller to start up and "settle" a bit (~2mins or so)
6. Make sure the controller dashboard shows no devices connected and says something about connecting a USB hub
7. Flip the power switch on the USB hub so now the 1 miner is connected to the controller
8. REfresh the Dashboard to see the 1 miner show up
9. Wait to let that 1 miner start hashing away
10. Next, plug in the remaining miners 1 by 1...about 1 min apart from each other

I got to Step 9 where it says to wait to let that 1 miner start hashing away for about 5 minutes before I pressed the submit and restart button and nothing still happens.    

Here is a picture of the system log..
https://i.imgur.com/tZqn23U.jpg?1

I ALSO noticed that when I add the worker name and try and hit submit and restart the worker name doesn't add next to the LTC Miner name.   For instance I have 1 miner plugged and the name says LTC Miner 1:3;  if I put down "laminer.1" as my worker name and hit submit and restart, it won't show up in ( ) next to LTC Miner 1:3 like it should be like LTC Miner 1:3 (laminer.1)

When I enabled the SHA-256 box and put in a worker name for it and hit submit and restart, that actually showed up in ( ) next to the name, for instance BTC miner (laminer.1) and it says it was RUNNING!

Any help would be very deeply appreciated as I don't know what else to do, Please help Lightning Asic community!  Your my only hope!

UPDATE:  I think i made some progress.  you have to keep unchecking the enable button and re-enable on both scrypt and sha-256 and I FINALLY got a running status now for the miner I have hooked up now.   Now to get it to start hashing and hopefully it will and I can finally get this setup and then I can pay it forward and help other people out.  Smiley     I'm afraid to even refresh the dashboard, because last time i did the miner went back offline and the worker name wasn't associated with the miner anymore.    I don't see it hashing yet but heard it takes a bit to warm up so hopefully that is it.

Goin to pass out now since it's 5am, but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know and thanks for helping. Smiley

Here's how far I'm at right now I just can't get it to hash yet and if I refresh the dashboard or come back to it the miner is back offline.
https://i.imgur.com/0CNNVrr.jpg?1

johnnyrocket

Activity: 123
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:44:18 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 04:32:40 PM by johnnyrocket

Edit: I finally got a tracking number, which shows it was shipped from Shenzen on Tuesday, cleared customs in Hong Kong today and is on the way to the US.

I also have still not gotten a tracking number, like many others are reporting here. I paid with btc on Feb 11 and was promised "will ship before Feb 20 or refund". I emailed Jack and Angela many times but keep getting replies of "pls. supply ship Tel,post code for ship.thanks" even though I have provided that numerous times. The price premium that Jack is charging for these Gridseed units is pretty high - the only reason I paid it was based on the promise of fast delivery.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:21:28 PM

I also have still not gotten a tracking number, like many others are reporting here. I paid with btc on Feb 11 and was promised "will ship before Feb 20 or refund". I emailed Jack and Angela many times but keep getting replies of "pls. supply ship Tel,post code for ship.thanks" even though I have provided that numerous times. The price premium that Jack is charging for these Gridseed units is pretty high - the only reason I paid it was based on the promise of fast delivery.

Me too paid via BTC on 11th of Feb - no tracking and only ""pls. supply ship Tel,post code for ship.thanks" replies too  Angry
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: