Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:01:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920064 times)
anyone4u

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:53:44 AM

I think there is good reason to freak out a bit.  

Right now this coin is on the edge...

I don't think so. Potcoin looks to be in the lead when it comes to partnering with the legal cannabis trade, that hasn't changed in the last few days. I get tired of seeing posters act like they want developers to act like counselors too and post here every few hours just to re-assure people, it's kinda sad  Cry

seconded.
I don't post here everyday but post often. Often I see on reddit and on here is "the sky is falling, his apples are bigger than mine, I'm a cry baby and need to have a nap, waa, waa, waa. Grow a pair of nuts and quit being a whiny bitch ppl. wtf is wrong with you? Maybe go to 4chan where u can be with like minded people that whine and complain alot.
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:15:59 AM

Imagine if you half the reward and the difficulty goes up anyway(multipool hammering or 300MH asics)?  Now you're talking about it being doubly hard to produce coins.  Increasing the difficulty curve doesn't alter the reward in any way.  It just slows it down.  As does extending the block time.  The two could be done in one fell swoop, and be less drastic than halving 4 times a year.

The difficulty would be as easy as implementing a multiplier to the algorithm that just says the difficulty is just 1.1 times what it should be, or whatever value is decided on.  Block time is just as easy to change.  If I remember correctly it's just one variable... although I could be wrong.  I haven't looked at the POT code in depth.

-Fuse

Thanks for explaining that, it does make sense when you put it that way, or at least i am able to see what you are talking about. It does make sense, i don't necessarily agree with it though.

I still think halving the coin is less of a punishment to those with lesser amounts of hash to throw around on the coin.

Let's see what everyone thinks when they start posting the poll  Cool

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:58:08 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 05:20:34 AM by dragonseer

I really don't care RE: block reward halving or not because it doesn't address the core issue. The developers have limited time to fulfill the mission of this coin. So time spent consulting with the community about issues like this, which I regard as trivial, is time that could be spent getting merchants on board. We need miners to think about 'two more days mining and I can buy a waterpipe' or 'at this rate of mining I can buy xx amount of pot per week from a local dispensary'. So I think it is better that the devs can do whatever they think is necessary regarding algorithm changes and get on with it.

EDIT: I just sent this email to The Attitude seedbank, imagine what would happen if more people sent notices like this:

Hello,

I have used your website to place orders several times, I am contacting you requesting that you consider adding Potcoin, a cryptocurrency designed for the cannabis industry, to your merchant platform. More information can be found here: http://potcoin.info. The state of my finances are such that I likely won't use your site to place orders again unless I can do so using my reserve of crypto-currencies. Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

Another Potcoin holder

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
PotCoin (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 05:54:24 AM

I really don't care RE: block reward halving or not because it doesn't address the core issue. The developers have limited time to fulfill the mission of this coin. So time spent consulting with the community about issues like this, which I regard as trivial, is time that could be spent getting merchants on board. We need miners to think about 'two more days mining and I can buy a waterpipe' or 'at this rate of mining I can buy xx amount of pot per week from a local dispensary'. So I think it is better that the devs can do whatever they think is necessary regarding algorithm changes and get on with it.

EDIT: I just sent this email to The Attitude seedbank, imagine what would happen if more people sent notices like this:

Hello,

I have used your website to place orders several times, I am contacting you requesting that you consider adding Potcoin, a cryptocurrency designed for the cannabis industry, to your merchant platform. More information can be found here: http://potcoin.info. The state of my finances are such that I likely won't use your site to place orders again unless I can do so using my reserve of crypto-currencies. Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

Another Potcoin holder

bang on the head man.  we need to focus on getting real business and dev work done and not spend so much time making sure everyone is happy.  Weekly news on the same day at the same place will make everything much easier and transparent.

exactly the type of community member i like to see.  proactive and level headed and see's the future of this being adoption and use.

how many Grams of weed can can you buy with 3500 coins = 1 gram at 10$

http://potcointousd.com/  im going to ask him to add a weed converter.  great idea man

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
MisterCrypto

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:11:03 PM

I may have a large cannabis seed company that MAY be interested in taking on POT as a method of payment. Is there any kind of bounty for something like this if I make it happen?
sirsmokesalot

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:17:37 PM

Hello,

Regards,

Another Potcoin holder

Firstly, props, thanks for taking initiative!

Some people might not want to be messaging seed banks and such though as weed is still illegal in a lot of places, just throwing that out there. If i lived in cali or one of the other weed "friendly" states, i doubt i would do shit anyway, but i wouldn't stop and ask if i should or shouldn't if i was going to. I have met a fair number of people who smoke it but like to keep it hush hush.

I still think a decent plan to gain Potcoin some value is to talk to dispensaries about using it as a promotional tool to start with to garner interest and get the customers acclimated with the use of crypto. The rolling papers is a neat idea to do such with. Give the customers a free pack or two and tell them that before they roll up, enter the code and redeem it for some free coinage, after they reach a certain amount of coins then can get a free bag. Hell yeah, who the hell isn't gonna like that? I also assume it is pretty popular as soda companies have been doing the codes under caps forever. Is there a qr code on the paper for quick scannin?

I like this idea because it is the lowest risk for the business owner accepting the potcoins, they have nothing to lose by doing things this way and it is ONLY benneificial for them to do such as they might generate a few more return customers than they would have other wise.

I am assuming packets have been made to hand out to business people interested in potcoin. A couple sheets with mission statements, what the perks of accepting potcoin can be, a nice sticker or two for their business to display they proudly accept potcoin. A couple packs of the papers and ideas on how to use all of the information.

I was just thinking, what ever happened to the pi pos units? Did those get nixed for the atms? In my mind this package would come with the pos unit. It has to be easy as shit, plug and play, turn key, use potcoin to increase sales 5%, i don't know! I do know if i owned a business, if i can't make money off of using it, why would i?

"You mean all i have to do is put this machine in my store, put this sticker on my window, and i will see X% increase in sales?" Does weed need this though, or does it sell it's self? Is there enough competition among the dispensaries at the moment where they want to differentiate from one another by doing something like this?

I like numbers, so hopefully you are able to gather information on the use of the atms at the dispensaries so that when you are approaching merchants you are able to hit them with cold hard numbers.  

If they take credit that is a big perk for accepting potcoins, not having to pay merchant fees and such. More money coming into the business.

Further thinking for the future, what if the dispensaries who accepted Potcoin agreed to do something where it is like a triple a card or something. If you use potcoin at our place we give you a 5% discount on the purchase total? I am trying to think of something where the user of potcoin will know that they will have the same experience where ever they see the potcoin logo. Which adds further incentive for merchants if they know things like that.  I am sorta into branding, not educated about it through formal schooling, just interesting to me.

If the dispensary owner wants to be on the cutting edge and is into crypto then it seems like an easy sell. What is the incentive for someone who doesn't know shit about crypto to start accepting it? Especially given the volatile nature. That, and most people only know of bitcoin, and how it was worth 1200 bucks and is now worth 400, leaves a negative connotation about crypto for a lot of people. There is a slight learning curve too that people might not be willing to take on if the reward for them isn't great enough.

I really would like to see a link to a blank form that people can use to send to businesses they think might be interested. I am totally for the devs running the coin like a company and fielding interest calls and such, and i think they want to do that. So give the community some well worded forms like i get from my political action committees, just sign and send. It also helps standardize the whole procedure of fielding calls then if you know that everyone who calls interested has read mostly the same information, some might dig deeper, but you know they are at least familiar with what a wallet is and how you use addresses to send and receive money.

Musings and the like, take it at face value.

There is a difference between making people happy, and addressing issues that are having a negative impact on your community. You HAVE to address issues like the coin being attacked.

I don't know how many of you are into games, but this sorta reminds me of diablo 3. There was WWWAAAYYY too much community involvement, too many cooks in the kitchen sorta thing. Sometimes some shit just needs to get done.

I say leave the community decisions to the scam ipo coins, if people want a say, invest in something like that. I want to be taken for a ride, hopefully wild and profitable. Share ideas and such, but what will be will be, you can spend all your time trying to please one guy or the other, or you can do what needs to be done and spend the time on things of much greater importance.

You are not going to win by asking the community, the people who don't get what they want are always going to be waiting there with the "told ya so", either way, if you halve the rewards or don't, so really.. does it matter what the community thinks?

I know it is important to listen to the community, two heads are better than one, but it is also important that there is a plan for the coin, and that you don't let the whim of a few derail that train of progress.

There is no success without failure! Do not be afraid  Cheesy

sirsmokesalot

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:19:21 PM

I may have a large cannabis seed company that MAY be interested in taking on POT as a method of payment. Is there any kind of bounty for something like this if I make it happen?

What size bounty would you find enticing enough to help sway the decision to accept POT? Not that i am gonna put it up Grin but i am curious.

MisterCrypto

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:29:06 PM

What size bounty would you find enticing enough to help sway the decision to accept POT? Not that i am gonna put it up Grin but i am curious.

Haha good question, I think 0.5 BTC (Or Pot equivalent) would be acceptable. I require a bounty for this as it is time out of my week, I will have to go to a meeting witch is over 1 hour away + persuade them to do it over a number of phone calls + show them how they will turn POT into $$$, At the moment they are only accepting bitcoin witch is easy to turn into cash. 

I am pretty confident I can do it and will even accept the bounty after the deed has been done Smiley.

This company generates over 30,000GBP a week in sales and that amount is increasing month on month.

sirsmokesalot

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:57:49 PM

Haha good question, I think 0.5 BTC (Or Pot equivalent) would be acceptable. I require a bounty for this as it is time out of my week, I will have to go to a meeting witch is over 1 hour away + persuade them to do it over a number of phone calls + show them how they will turn POT into $$$, At the moment they are only accepting bitcoin witch is easy to turn into cash. 

I am pretty confident I can do it and will even accept the bounty after the deed has been done Smiley.

This company generates over 30,000GBP a week in sales and that amount is increasing month on month.

Well of course it would be POT! I personally don't mind doing bounties as i would rather pay someone to do the work than do it my self. In this case anyway. From my estimation at the current valuation it is roughly 74k potcoins.

I will put it out there, i will contribute to the bounty if a couple others hop on board. I can't do the whole thing but don't mind doing a portion. This is because you offered to get them to accept Potcoin first before taking payment. It was running through my mind "what if this is just a scam" right before. Gotta be vigilant!   

Since they are already accepting bitcoin and are familiar with the crypto scene then i don't think it would be as hard of a pitch. Thankfully. Any help is appreciated at this point in time. More so from someone doing major bank!

MisterCrypto

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:19:28 PM

Well of course it would be POT! I personally don't mind doing bounties as i would rather pay someone to do the work than do it my self. In this case anyway. From my estimation at the current valuation it is roughly 74k potcoins.

I will put it out there, i will contribute to the bounty if a couple others hop on board. I can't do the whole thing but don't mind doing a portion. This is because you offered to get them to accept Potcoin first before taking payment. It was running through my mind "what if this is just a scam" right before. Gotta be vigilant!   

Since they are already accepting bitcoin and are familiar with the crypto scene then i don't think it would be as hard of a pitch. Thankfully. Any help is appreciated at this point in time. More so from someone doing major bank!

Hi there, Im glad you see where I am coming from Smiley I have sent a message to the people that started this thread to see what there thoughts are but haven't heard anything back yet. If they like the idea then Im sure they will put the whole bounty up. Would it be the first cannabis related business to officially accept pot?

I have been in the crypto community for a while now and know that asking for $$$ before doing something is a bad idea haha. This site isn't exactly forgiving and rightly so... way to many scammers around.

I think it should be easy to get them on board. I am waiting for a report back from them detailing how there bitcoin venture went. Hopefully If I get them on board I will be going straight to coindesk and getting it out there in the media.

Kind regards

sirsmokesalot

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:33:30 PM

Yeah man, time is money. I value my time. Even if i don't do much with it. I think .5 btc is the cap of where i would want to be for something like this, but if it is one of the larger seed banks then that is pretty awesome.

I had this thought today, that i hope the devs have been mining this coin and keeping a stock pile of it for reasons like this.

I like the idea of bounties because it gets the coins out there into the hands of people who want them, and it usually accomplishes some type of goal for the coin as well. It is the best of both worlds. That is why premine does not turn me off of a coin. Of course it depends on the amount but money makes the world go round. Well, trade does. Money is just part of barter. Anyway, i really hope they get back to you, validate credentials and what not and get this ball rolling! If they don't, maybe we can arrange something anyway!

CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:04:07 PM

What is the correct block height right now? I see two different block chains. One is at 182075 and the other 241377.

http://potchain.aprikos.net/chain/Potcoin has been down for a while.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:17:41 PM

What is the correct block height right now? I see two different block chains. One is at 182075 and the other 241377.

A difference like that could happen when someone drops their timewarp blockchain on the network.  Things might get messy until this is all sorted out.

If it is in fact the TW blockchain that did this, there will be coins lost to orphans.  Just a heads up.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:26:29 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 08:41:13 PM by CartmanSPC

Yea, I would advise against anyone sending any POT until it is resolved. Miners on the wrong chain are wasting their time.

Edit: I think 241xxx is the right one.

fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 08:39:04 PM

Hey,

Is there any api for potchain official?

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 10:18:28 PM

\
\

i will personally give 1000 POTCOINS per place signed up.

use POTLOCATOR.com   or WEEDMAPS.com  for listing

a few rules

1. we must have a confirmed email directly from the merchant confirming him accepting it.

2. A photo of the store with the person who accepted and our logo or stickers we will provide WE ACCEPT POTCOINS

3. Must be listed on Potcoin.me and smokepotcoins.com

---------

email all entries to ACCEPT@POTCOINS.INFO

with your personal name, email, potcoin address and phone number.

PS.  i dont want to turn into anything negative like people saying that is their signup. Pls follow the rules and FIRST EMAIL WITH MERCHANT NAME IS THE PERSON WHO CLAIMS IT>     i will need a email from both you and the merchant to confirm this so pls CC - ACCEPT@POTCOIN.INFO

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 10:20:10 PM

A difference like that could happen when someone drops their timewarp blockchain on the network.  Things might get messy until this is all sorted out.

If it is in fact the TW blockchain that did this, there will be coins lost to orphans.  Just a heads up.

-Fuse

THE OFFICIAL BLOCKHAIN IS http://HTTP://POTCHAIN.NET

has the correct info 

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 10:26:24 PM

POTCOIN INTERVIEW ON CCTV!!

CHINA TELVISION!!!

http://www.cctv-america.com/developers-introduce-potcoin/

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:39:27 PM

-Fuse

THE OFFICIAL BLOCKHAIN IS POTCHAIN.NET

has the correct info  

Thanks. One of the p2pool nodes is on the wrong chain Sad
cryptovein and xpool.net are on the right one but since there are over 13 nodes it's hard to track down which one it is.
Not a big deal other than the node(s) on the wrong chain are solving useless blocks on the wrong chain.

Edit: actually is a big deal as the miners working on the wrong chain are still getting share credit on the right chain even though they are not contributing to solving blocks there.   Angry

igba

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:00:07 AM

POTCOIN INTERVIEW ON CCTV!!

CHINA TELVISION!!!

http://www.cctv-america.com/developers-introduce-potcoin/

niiice
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: