Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:22:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
braxx

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:44:44 AM

The 1440 Block Difficulty Adjustments must be reduced

yeah... KGW or DIGIshield

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ddirt (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:59:49 AM

Block explorer was down is now back online:
http://solarcoin.zapto.org/

weird, malwarebytes and avast blocking your subdomain, its probably because of the root domain.

yep using noip dynamic dns; zapto.org probably getting flagged. the block explorer is fine
jepistons

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:15:53 PM

wtb 100k SLR. PM offers
If u want to buy go to https://www.allcrypt.com/market?id=229 help the market
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:43:10 PM

Looks like the hashcow stepped off the Pools...  We are still chugging along at 375 Mh/s...  Looks like this will continually increase as it has been each week...

Go solarcoin!!!  To the sun!!!

biodieselchris

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:48:29 PM

If SLR got listed on coinmarketcap would it need to include the premined coins? It's value would be ~$2B. Ahead of nipple ripple.

chapmanjw

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 07:09:36 PM

If anyone is interested, I have compiled a Mac OS X version of the SolarCoin-Qt wallet: http://www.johnchapman.net/?ddownload=3643

Let me know if you have any issues with the wallet. 

--

SLR: 8PvmL9gNtHUiFKJc6B7sDnfuLTqgX6FrSS
passionsurf

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:35:47 PM

Looks like the hashcow stepped off the Pools...  We are still chugging along at 375 Mh/s...  Looks like this will continually increase as it has been each week...

And thank goodness, I was getting worried that the difficulty was going to reach >10 by this weekend. I'm willing to keep mining this coin as long as the diff stays under 10.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:04:59 PM

And thank goodness, I was getting worried that the difficulty was going to reach >10 by this weekend. I'm willing to keep mining this coin as long as the diff stays under 10.

So you base you mining on the difficulty? Not on the amounts of coins/price of coins you can get?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
passionsurf

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:24:47 PM

Looks like the hashcow stepped off the Pools...  We are still chugging along at 375 Mh/s...  Looks like this will continually increase as it has been each week...

Go solarcoin!!!  To the sun!!!

So you base you mining on the difficulty? Not on the amounts of coins/price of coins you can get?

Well, you do have a point, I should spend more time considering the market price ... or more importantly, my expectation of where the market will go, in which case I should just mine this coin till the end because I'm convinced that this is the only altcoin with the potential to succeed (and REALLY succeed).
jepistons

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:18:18 PM

Mine/buy  price will go up since nobody is dumping Smiley this coin will be the future 

update re post from Facebook 

just an FYI. Mac client is now in beta and appears to function well and performed all basic functional tests. It has support for QR codes. initial block chain download takes time 30-40 minutes. http://solarcoin.org/

please leave comments in the solarcoin forum.

People wanting slr can experiment with faucets at http://wiki.solarcoin.org/index.php?title=Faucets_for_receiving_SolarCoin_SLR

the Granting process is now in pilot with participants from 4 countries already signed up. Please sign up and tell your friends so the technology team can get to work.

SolarCoin pilot generator program now open globally. If you are generating solar electricity you can claim solarcoin. http://solarcoin.org/redeem/
Operates in +40 languages. Volunteers and country co-ordinators welcome to join in forum. first grant made. http://solarcoin.org/first-us-solarcoin-grant-given-to-solarcity-customer-in-arizona/
Vexatious

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:50:09 PM

So I saw Nick mention Ethereum in passing in another forum https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/3079-solarcoin-slr-information/page-17. Having never really delved into that one in any depth, I decided to go take a peek and see what all the fuss is about. And now I’m speechless.  Shocked

Picture this: What if the “currency” portion of SolarCoin were governed by the bitcoin protocol and the “proof of generation” portion of SolarCoin were governed by the Ethereum protocol? Seems to me that could totally work, right? Yin meet Yang!

It makes perfect sense to me. If that were to happen, we could easily have the winning formula to save the planet, both ecologically and economically! Transformational indeed.

Just think about the implications of that for a few moments and then tell me how long it takes before you’re able to speak…

BTC Address: 1LKrhNXUDBZANdtqzE3Au9xjFHVCADfc9S
SolarCoin address: 8dDpPHrRBedyWBzxvbXD3paGkDjJkPRN2i
Vexatious

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:18:45 AM

Such a structure would also get around the security issues and the risk of losing coins, I think. If some of the pre-mined coins were held in reserve to cover future losses, a person who claims to have lost their coins could actually have them replaced and the lost ones removed altogether because the ethereum side could confirm that the guy who says he lost them is indeed the guy who was issued them and the SLR transactions side can easily confirm the correct amount that is lost. Then based on the contract rules in place for the reserve coins on ethereum, the lost coins could be taken from there to replace the ones destroyed with no double-counting taking place. Does that make any sense?

It also resolves anonymity too doesn't it? If you want to "earn" your coins from the Generation reserve then you must produce solar energy and you must provide name and proof of generation. If that part is done solely on ethereum and then ethereum approves release of the coin to your wallet, once the coins get there it's part of the bitcoin protocol and it's just cash then and your SLR address has no connection to you as a person because that information is stored separately. Does that make any sense???

I do apologize if I am babbling incoherently, there's just a million ideas zooming through my little brain right now.  Grin

Vexatious

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:27:46 AM

Oh! One last one! The "Open Currency Association" would then be the first decentralized autonomous corporation!

God I hope I'm right and not completely insane because that would be really, frickin' awesome.  Kiss

However, cautionary note, I am cursed when it come to making predictions so perhaps it's best if you all just ignore me.  Cheesy

Goattrading

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:47:55 AM

Oh! One last one! The "Open Currency Association" would then be the first decentralized autonomous corporation!

God I hope I'm right and not completely insane because that would be really, frickin' awesome.  Kiss

However, cautionary note, I am cursed when it come to making predictions so perhaps it's best if you all just ignore me.  Cheesy

Maybe you are and maybe we should, but think about the idea of cryptocurrency.... people from all classes, from all over the world are coming together and the numbers are growing daily, minds are excepting ( ive never spoken to so many people from so many places), to work on building a decentralized world currency. Whether the goal is unity, anti gov, personal gain, expanding tech skills.... has there ever been a time in history that wasnt war or tragedy that has brought so many people together.... so again maybe you are and maybe we should ...as the late Hunter S Thompson wrote in Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.."Buy the ticket, take the ride"... thats just my thoughts

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Vexatious

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:56:16 AM

Ha! I just read another of Nick's articles (he linked it in the crypto forums) and it seems he is already thinking along these lines. I can't believe I missed that article all this time. I strongly urge you all to read it. It's here: http://www.gogerty.com/blogpersonal/ethereum-bitcoin-protocols-for-9-3-trillion-in-value/

It's not specific to SolarCoin, though Nick does mention it. But it's not hard to see the connection if viewed from the SolarCoin perspective. Great read! I'm so excited to be part of this.  Cheesy

djchoppa

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:42:57 AM

Network now over 500MHs and price on exchange rising  Smiley

11:40:17
{
"blocks" : 99559,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 5.44860222,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 538070166,
"pooledtx" : 2,
"testnet" : false
}

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!      ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
sgi02

Activity: 542

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:14:54 PM

Question. Am I correct in understanding that CryptoPoolMining effectively has over 90% of the network hashrate for this coin? Isn't this a BAD thing? I'm familiar with the possibility of a 51% attack with BTC and other crypto's which has prompted me to ask. I really like this coin, but having all that power in one place really seems like a bad idea.
zzojar

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:11:02 PM

Question. Am I correct in understanding that CryptoPoolMining effectively has over 90% of the network hashrate for this coin? Isn't this a BAD thing? I'm familiar with the possibility of a 51% attack with BTC and other crypto's which has prompted me to ask. I really like this coin, but having all that power in one place really seems like a bad idea.

But there is no incentive to switch to a smaller pool where the payoff takes a lot longer. If one of the other pools could have a block finder's bonus or some other bonuses, then maybe it'd be worth switching.

The nice thing about mining this coin is that the majority of the other miners are all holding their coins rather than dumping. If any of the current altcoins take off, this one has the most promise!
jepistons

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:28:59 AM

But there is no incentive to switch to a smaller pool where the payoff takes a lot longer. If one of the other pools could have a block finder's bonus or some other bonuses, then maybe it'd be worth switching.

The nice thing about mining this coin is that the majority of the other miners are all holding their coins rather than dumping. If any of the current altcoins take off, this one has the most promise!
  Yes everyone is holding cause this coin will be huge the next btc Smiley also I wonder how many coins are left to mine
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:36:54 AM

Yes everyone is holding cause this coin will be huge the next btc Smiley also I wonder how many coins are left to mine
105 Million SolarCoins (0.1%) to be publicly mined over the next 40 years.
now @ block (not in a position to look right now but based on previous getmininginfo couple post earlier) approx 100000
so 100.000 x 100 = 10.000.000
105.000.000 - 10.000.000 = 95.000.000 still left to mine (in the next 40 years)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: