Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:58:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
LuckyKey

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:04:58 AM

If you look at digitalcoin there block reward is 15 every 40 seconds.
And if you look at there trading on cryptys the bid and ask are made up of
small orders of 10-20 coins increments.

Hopefully this will happen with solarcoin if the block reduction
is down to 5 a minute by next year.

Instead of having 5k to 10k on the bid and ask on a single order.
As we have today.

Rarer = more valuable = more solarcoin grants

Gotta agree with that.  By decreasing block reward, then PoS, it looks to be a good scenario for those that have already mined/bought the 25% of all solarcoins that will be mined….and would think it should raise the value of solarcoins. 
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tachyon2032

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:16:35 AM

I am now the proud owner of 3887 Solarcoins!  It's not a lot, but a start.

BTC: 14nAytauuGTsnWbGxDuropawgpgGyV8gGW | SLR §: 8X3PKaV8dpm6Rnw3PDteEoyN2pzv2oHy5S
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:51:10 AM

BTC: 14nAytauuGTsnWbGxDuropawgpgGyV8gGW | SLR §: 8X3PKaV8dpm6Rnw3PDteEoyN2pzv2oHy5S

Date: 7/16/2014 05:42
To: Tachyon2032 8X3PKaV8dpm6Rnw3PDteEoyN2pzv2oHy5S
Debit: -175.14672039 SLR
Transaction fee: -0.10 SLR
Net amount: -175.24672039 SLR
Transaction ID: 457544a61cfa47fcac48459a75c21b0338b95d3cae624a2e0d471d724c8503f7

Cool

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:00:01 PM

Welcome aboard.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:53:54 PM

Ask is drying up hopefully the person who was dumping is done i remember there was a guy on litecointalk jrose that mined over a million in the early days i bet it was him on the ask selling.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:20:47 PM

As we have today.

Gotta agree with that.  By decreasing block reward, then PoS, it looks to be a good scenario for those that have already mined/bought the 25% of all solarcoins that will be mined….and would think it should raise the value of solarcoins. 

So you think that a block reward halving or % reduction for a coin that has only 0.1% of coins available for mining will  influence the price by even one satoshi?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:41:46 PM

As we have today.

If the only way to mine coins was to own coins, then that would definitely make SLR more valuable.
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:10:27 PM

Ask is drying up hopefully the person who was dumping is done i remember there was a guy on litecointalk jrose that mined over a million in the early days i bet it was him on the ask selling.

As long as the block reward is relatively high, there will be dumpers. By next January, I imagine there won't be many dumpers left.
freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:30:26 PM

As we have today.

Gotta agree with that.  By decreasing block reward, then PoS, it looks to be a good scenario for those that have already mined/bought the 25% of all solarcoins that will be mined….and would think it should raise the value of solarcoins.  

So you think that a block reward halving or % reduction for a coin that has only 0.1% of coins available for mining will  influence the price by even one satoshi?

Yes, because approximately $300 per day is flowing into SolarCoin as buys on the exchanges -- and this buying rate has been pretty consistent over the past few months -- and without as many new coins being created, mined, and dumped by miners, those buys will have to be bought into the ask, driving up the price. It's basic supply and demand. The 98 billion SLR held in reserve is going to be granted to solar energy generators over the next 40 years. The existence of those coins has little to do with the current price of SLR because they are not circulating.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
LuckyKey

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:46:11 AM

As we have today.

So you think that a block reward halving or % reduction for a coin that has only 0.1% of coins available for mining will  influence the price by even one satoshi?

For certain.  Demand should stay strong, and hopefully grow, as the Foundation spreads its wings. And, the # of coins available will shrink, with block reward reduction, and then PoS. Expectations for granting of solarcoins from solar power is low for the first few years…see previous post providing research/predictions.

:-)

Tachyon2032

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:29:49 AM

Transaction ID: 457544a61cfa47fcac48459a75c21b0338b95d3cae624a2e0d471d724c8503f7

Cool

Thank you!  I was wondering who sent that.  At least I thought to set-up a new receiving address for my SIG, so I knew it came from someone here.  :-)  Again, thank you!  I will pay it forward.

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:56:41 AM

Cool

Thank you!  I was wondering who sent that.  At least I thought to set-up a new receiving address for my SIG, so I knew it came from someone here.  :-)  Again, thank you!  I will pay it forward.

Every time I tip someone in SLR I feel like I'm spreading sunshine. Hahaha. Cheesy

Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:00:59 PM

While I'm as excited as all of you to see a tick up after a downturn, we need to see more volume before we start corking any champagne bottles.  Wink

Hmmm... where is that bottle opener of mine??  Huh

I have been watching volume as an indicator to confirm the "bottom" and we do have an uptick in volume in the last week, now price is moving up nicely too.

Check out the volume on the 90-day chart here: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/solarcoin/

I find it annoying that Coinmarketcap chaged the y-axis to BTC from USD on their charts (our price always seemed more dependent on US$ than BTC), they've also reverted back to Total Supply from Coins in Circulation, even though the market cap calculation appears to be correct at $60k, the chart went wanky. I asked them to fix it in their thread and Gliss completely ignored my post. Figures...  Roll Eyes

Anyway, I see this as a good sign. Even in an illiquid market like this one, it looks like a confirm of the bottom being around 280-300 sats.

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
LuckyKey

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:09:28 PM

While I'm as excited as all of you to see a tick up after a downturn, we need to see more volume before we start corking any champagne bottles.  Wink

Hmmm... where is that bottle opener of mine??  Huh

I have been watching volume as an indicator to confirm the "bottom" and we do have an uptick in volume in the last week, now price is moving up nicely too.

Check out the volume on the 90-day chart here: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/solarcoin/

I find it annoying that Coinmarketcap chaged the y-axis to BTC from USD on their charts (our price always seemed more dependent on US$ than BTC), they've also reverted back to Total Supply from Coins in Circulation, even though the market cap calculation appears to be correct at $60k, the chart went wanky. I asked them to fix it in their thread and Gliss completely ignored my post. Figures...  Roll Eyes

Anyway, I see this as a good sign. Even in an illiquid market like this one, it looks like a confirm of the bottom being around 280-300 sats.

I picked up a few cheap solarcoins over the last 2 or 3 weeks :-)
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:22:12 PM

I picked up a few cheap solarcoins over the last 2 or 3 weeks :-)

As did I...  Grin

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:24:09 PM

As we have today.

For certain.  Demand should stay strong, and hopefully grow, as the Foundation spreads its wings. And, the # of coins available will shrink, with block reward reduction, and then PoS. Expectations for granting of solarcoins from solar power is low for the first few years…see previous post providing research/predictions.

The first is an assumption and as far as assumptions go....

Second , that is a wrong claim.
The supply of coins grows every day , it will not shrink.

The trading volume has again no real relation with the amount of coins mined and sold the same day.
You can create a volume of 100 btc with just 2 btc being swapped.

Besides , the market already counts in future actions that are programmed.
Such as the release of 2.5% of the coins stored in the premine each year.

The myth of block reward halving has been debunked so many times it's getting boring.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:49:37 PM

Myth block reward halving?   Do you recall what happened to bitcoin when rewards went from 50 to 25?

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:52:05 PM

Looks like someone has a lowball bid that didn't get filled...  Roll Eyes Cheesy Roll Eyes  Tongue

Start chasin' baby.  Kiss

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:14:05 PM

Myth block reward halving?   Do you recall what happened to bitcoin when rewards went from 50 to 25?

What happened , please enlighten me...
The run to 7 and then to 266 happened months after the reward halving in November.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
LuckyKey

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:07:57 PM

As we have today.

The first is an assumption and as far as assumptions go....

Second , that is a wrong claim.
The supply of coins grows every day , it will not shrink.

The trading volume has again no real relation with the amount of coins mined and sold the same day.
You can create a volume of 100 btc with just 2 btc being swapped.

Besides , the market already counts in future actions that are programmed.
Such as the release of 2.5% of the coins stored in the premine each year.

The myth of block reward halving has been debunked so many times it's getting boring.

Trading supply will shrink as most solarcoin holders will not be selling their coins anytime soon…this, with the reduction in mined coins produced, will increase demand. Throw in PoS, and current holders will be holding even more firmly. Throw in the Foundation work, and interest should push that demand significantly.

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: