Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:56:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:26:02 AM

Let all the premine lose and then we will see the whole value.. if there is any.

But how would that incentive solar energy? Are the miners just supposed to give up their rewards for the cause? Where does that leave the first investors who believe in the currency? Where will the incentive come from? Why am I even asking you these questions? Why is the sky blue? Can turtles fly? Where do babies come from? Maybe we should ask wall street investors to just lend corporations their money in return for what? Gratitude?

The general consensus is that "premine" is evil, but that is because with most coins the premine is solely for the dev to make a quick buck. But with solarcoin, the premine is what allows for solar power grants, which will ultimately be the source of value for this coin. If you get rid of solarcoin's premine, solarcoin will die, and the entire purpose behind the project will be null and void.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:03:32 AM

Let all the premine lose and then we will see the whole value.. if there is any.

But how would that incentive solar energy? Are the miners just supposed to give up their rewards for the cause? Where does that leave the first investors who believe in the currency? Where will the incentive come from? Why am I even asking you these questions? Why is the sky blue? Can turtles fly? Where do babies come from? Maybe we should ask wall street investors to just lend corporations their money in return for what? Gratitude?

The general consensus is that "premine" is evil, but that is because with most coins the premine is solely for the dev to make a quick buck. But with solarcoin, the premine is what allows for solar power grants, which will ultimately be the source of value for this coin. If you get rid of solarcoin's premine, solarcoin will die, and the entire purpose behind the project will be null and void.

Yup What he said.
Epiphany

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 02:15:49 AM

Yup What he said.

I actually sent SolarCoins to the Generator Pool last night. See my pledge here: http://solarcoin.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=705&sid=98578ff6d8882654d852a63c1cec226b

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
passionsurf

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:53:17 PM

well, someone seems to be sick of seeing the low prices and is buying quite a bit of SLR on bittrex.
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 06:37:11 PM

well, someone seems to be sick of seeing the low prices and is buying quite a bit of SLR on bittrex.

There's quite a hefty buy wall there too at 375.

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 06:40:02 PM

Note: That's not me buying, by the way. Sadly, new tires for my car take precedence. Sad

LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:30:43 PM

Gotta laugh at the trading patterns emerging.  Someone (obviously) is playing with solarcoin…however, it's worked out nice for those of us that are trying to accumulate.    Grin  They keep doing dozens of minuscule trades, for <50 coins, and probably back and forth (buying & selling), so that it looks like that's the current price. Then they throw a 200k or 300k buy on there, to see if anyone wants to dump at that price.  Pretty funny, yet obviously doable without any regulation as to who can buy and sell, and how much or how often? 

I have enjoyed picking up more solarcoins at these low prices.

It still looks like it'll take higher prices for someone to accumulate anything substantial in volume, unless someone decides to dump a good size holding without knowing?

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 09:35:44 PM

Gotta laugh at the trading patterns emerging.  Someone (obviously) is playing with solarcoin…however, it's worked out nice for those of us that are trying to accumulate.    Grin  They keep doing dozens of minuscule trades, for <50 coins, and probably back and forth (buying & selling), so that it looks like that's the current price. Then they throw a 200k or 300k buy on there, to see if anyone wants to dump at that price.  Pretty funny, yet obviously doable without any regulation as to who can buy and sell, and how much or how often?  

It still looks like it'll take higher prices for someone to accumulate anything substantial in volume, unless someone decides to dump a good size holding without knowing?

Who has the kind of time to do all those little trades and fiddle around putting bids and offers up like that? I sure don't! Even if I did, I can't imagine doing that.  Huh

HOWEVER... whoever IS doing it is likely reading this thread, right? Chances are pretty good the answer is yes. So... given that, I have something to say to this person.

THANK YOU! You have provided much needed entertainment and distraction while we consolidate and build a base and recover from the "difficulty syndrome" that afflicted all of us for weeks. The small amounts being traded aren't enough to move the markets, so it's quite harmless as far as I'm concerned. Obviously whoever is doing it isn't intending for it to hurt SolarCoin. If that was the intent, then doing sub 100-sized trades isn't how it's gonna be done. So, yeah, my opinion on our double-digit ghost trader is that he (or she) is alright. Imagine how bored we'd be if it weren't for this???  Grin

NOTE: One more thing!!! Whoever you are, I want you to promise me that when we are at a future SolarCoin convention together, you'll come up to me and whisper in my ear, "Ghost Trader" and I am gonna buy you a drink and I won't breathe a word of it to anyone.  Lips sealed

NOTE2: Upon further reflection, that's a bad plan...  Cry Now I'm gonna have all kinds of people whispering "ghost trader" in my ear trying to scam a free drink. Sigh... I really should have thought that one through a little more...  Embarrassed

NOTE3: There will be a SolarCoin Convention.

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:02:53 PM

Gotta laugh at the trading patterns emerging.  Someone (obviously) is playing with solarcoin…however, it's worked out nice for those of us that are trying to accumulate.    Grin  They keep doing dozens of minuscule trades, for <50 coins, and probably back and forth (buying & selling), so that it looks like that's the current price. Then they throw a 200k or 300k buy on there, to see if anyone wants to dump at that price.  Pretty funny, yet obviously doable without any regulation as to who can buy and sell, and how much or how often?  

Who has the kind of time to do all those little trades and fiddle around putting bids and offers up like that? I sure don't! Even if I did, I can't imagine doing that.  Huh

HOWEVER... whoever IS doing it is likely reading this thread, right? Chances are pretty good the answer is yes. So... given that, I have something to say to this person.

THANK YOU! You have provided much needed entertainment and distraction while we consolidate and build a base and recover from the "difficulty syndrome" that afflicted all of us for weeks. The small amounts being traded aren't enough to move the markets, so it's quite harmless as far as I'm concerned. Obviously whoever is doing it isn't intending for it to hurt SolarCoin. If that was the intent, then doing sub 100-sized trades isn't how it's gonna be done. So, yeah, my opinion on our double-digit ghost trader is that he (or she) is alright. Imagine how bored we'd be if it weren't for this???  Grin

NOTE: One more thing!!! Whoever you are, I want you to promise me that when we are at a future SolarCoin convention together, you'll come up to me and whisper in my ear, "Ghost Trader" and I am gonna buy you a drink and I won't breathe a word of it to anyone.  Lips sealed

NOTE2: Upon further reflection, that's a bad plan...  Cry Now I'm gonna have all kinds of people whispering "ghost trader" in my ear trying to scam a free drink. Sigh... I really should have thought that one through a little more...  Embarrassed

/whisper Ghost Trader

LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:20:27 PM

/whisper Ghost Trader

+ 1

Ghost Trader

lol

We'll all be having many drinks at that convention in 3 or 4 years :-)

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 10:27:31 PM

Yes we will.  Grin

passionsurf

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:45:50 PM

/whisper Ghost Trader

hold up, you can't be ghost trader, because I'm ghost trader
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 11:02:53 PM

OMG... how much do I want Ghost Trader to get a twitter account and follow me right now?Huh  Shocked Grin Shocked

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 11:04:14 PM

OMG... how much do I want Ghost Trader to get a twitter account and follow me right now?Huh  Shocked Grin Shocked

DAMMIT!!! I did it again!!!  Angry Embarrassed Angry

ghost.trader

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:05:03 PM

/whisper Ghost Trader

hold up, you can't be ghost trader, because I'm ghost trader

No, I'm Ghost Trader!
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 11:06:54 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

passionsurf

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:35:17 PM

Why would someone buy SLR for 1000 satoshis on bittrex, when there are sell orders on allcrypt for less than 500 satoshis?
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 11:44:09 PM

Why would someone buy SLR for 1000 satoshis on bittrex, when there are sell orders on allcrypt for less than 500 satoshis?

Someone who doesn't care to dicker over 0.25 cents?  Cheesy

passionsurf

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:58:13 PM

When I trade solarcoins, I like to tell myself that each SLR = $1.
It's more exciting that way.
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 12:00:30 AM

When I trade solarcoins, I like to tell myself that each SLR = $1.
It's more exciting that way.

Or it could be someone who read about SolarCoin today (there was a mention in a CoinDesk article) and has an account at Bittrex and just bought some?

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: