Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:42:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:35:30 AM

Meeting minutes?    Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freebird

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:56:02 AM

Meeting minutes?    Cry

Sorry about the delay. We've all been very busy. Will try to get them out to the community soon.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 11:53:58 AM

I have internet!!! But it's only at work and I'm not supposed to be posting here but figured I'd give an update in case anyone missed me the last number of days.  Kiss

Thanks to tropical storm Arthur, I have been forcibly removed from the parallel universe that is the Internet. See here: http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/newbrunswick/story/1.2699549 Apparently we won't have power back until possibly Friday now. I spent Saturday and Sunday divorced from "reality" and frantic that I couldn't do my normal routine of obsessing over everthing SolarCoin. But then as I calmed down, smoked some naturally occuring substances and chilled out, I found some serious peace in the quiet. You never notice the hum of electricity in the air until it's gone. At first it makes you feel creepy and isololated but then as acceptance descends you start to gain a little perspective on this thing called life. Smiley

With that in mind, I think my soul is deserving of a break. I did a quick check this morning of the markets and the mining pools and everything seems to be humming along nicely, so it appears my presence isn't necessary. You folks seem to have things well in hand. Smiley With that in mind, I am going to continue a much needed break, focus on life without the internet and avoid the noise and confusion of life a little while longer.

*Hugs*

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:49:11 PM

Meeting minutes?    Cry

Sorry about the delay. We've all been very busy. Will try to get them out to the community soon.

Thanks!
freebird

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:10:38 PM

Minutes of last week's Board meeting of the SolarCoin Foundation are now available in the wiki:
http://wiki.solarcoin.org/index.php?title=SolarCoin_Foundation_Board_Meeting_Minutes:_July_2,_2014

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
freebird

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:22:22 PM

Dear SolarCoin Community:

As stated in the minutes of our July 2 meeting, the Board of Governors of the SolarCoin Foundation has voted unanimously to approve the following draft of the SolarCoin Charter. A lot of editing has gone into this, and we'd like to hear your feedback! Please comment publicly in this thread or in the thread on the SolarCoin forum, or if you prefer you can comment privately through the contact form on our website.

The SolarCoin Mission:

Recognizing the value of renewable energy for the economy and environment, the SolarCoin Foundation strives to increase global solar electricity generation. To achieve this mission, the Foundation provides economic incentives to producers of solar energy in the form of a digital currency called SolarCoin.

Goals & Scope:

The SolarCoin Foundation grants one SolarCoin (§1) to community-verified solar electricity generators for each megawatt-hour (1 MWh) of solar electricity produced. The Foundation also grants SolarCoins each year to environmental charities, nonprofits and worthy ventures consistent with our mission. Sufficient quantities of SolarCoin are believed to have been created and are held in reserve to fulfill these goals for the next 40 years.

Community & Governance:

The SolarCoin Foundation is a global not-for-profit community of volunteers and supporters who champion the SolarCoin mission. The community is led by a 5-member Board of Governors who pledge to uphold the SolarCoin Foundation Bylaws in pursuit of the mission and goals.

The Bylaws explain the activities, roles, responsibilities and operating constraints of Foundation volunteers and personnel; criteria for membership and roles of members in governance; and procedures for selecting Governors, developing organizational policies, and amending the Bylaws and Charter.

SolarCoin Recipients, Users & Supporters:

The SolarCoin Foundation encourages individuals, businesses and organizations to consider the uses and benefits of SolarCoin. Use SolarCoin to buy, sell, invest, trade, donate, give or receive and you are contributing to the mission by generating solar-based economic activity. Thank you for embracing the vision of a better world we can create together through our voluntary economic actions.

We are taking comments during a 4-week community feedback period starting today, after which the Board will make final edits and officially ratify the Charter. We look forward to hearing and considering your input.

Thank you,

Eric Stetson
Board Member and Acting Secretary
The SolarCoin Foundation

freebird

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:29:45 PM

Dear SolarCoin Community:

We are sorry to have to announce that Doug Felmann has decided to resign from the Board of Governors of the SolarCoin Foundation. His resignation was for personal reasons.

We all want to express our heartfelt thanks to Doug for the great work he has done as a volunteer and member of the Board to help the cause of SolarCoin.

We are already in the process of considering other candidates to replace Doug on the Board, and will let the community know when his replacement has been chosen.

Eric Stetson
Board Member and Acting Secretary
The SolarCoin Foundation

freebird

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:36:23 PM

I also want to let you all know that Nick Gogerty, the Chair of our new Economics & Monetary Policy Committee, did make his report to the Board by July 5 as stated in the minutes, and all the remaining Board members agree to pursue his plan for a gradual reduction of block reward of SolarCoin to bring down the very high inflation rate that has been keeping the price suppressed. The Board has not officially voted yet to implement the change, but unless people suddenly change their minds, it looks like it will occur in the near future.

passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:41:44 PM

By the time the distribution end we will either have thorium reactors or nuclear fussion

You must have completely missed this article:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27987827
"There is enough sunlight that falls on the Earth every hour to generate enough electricity for the planet for a year."

As long as the sun still shines on the earth, we will always have solar power.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:20:32 AM

Discussion of incorporation, in which the following key points were raised:
        Generator and Genesis Pools may need to be governed by different legal entities.
        Possibility of dividing the Generator Pool to be governed by multiple legal entities in multiple countries.
        Importance of flexibility to be able to change jurisdictions if necessary.

Need to consult with attorneys in jurisdictions of interest prior to establishing complex legal structures, e.g. multiple entities.
        Importance of establishing legal existence of the SolarCoin Foundation in a simple way as soon as possible.

YES!

Last two points important. First 3 points INCREDIBLE FREAKING IDEA!

So in short, YES!

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:04:24 AM

I also want to let you all know that Nick Gogerty, the Chair of our new Economics & Monetary Policy Committee, did make his report to the Board by July 5 as stated in the minutes, and all the remaining Board members agree to pursue his plan for a gradual reduction of block reward of SolarCoin to bring down the very high inflation rate that has been keeping the price suppressed. The Board has not officially voted yet to implement the change, but unless people suddenly change their minds, it looks like it will occur in the near future.

Could you share any details on the new block reward structore?
freebird

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:32:06 AM

Nick's proposal, which everyone who remains on the Board agrees with, is for the block reward to decline a small amount each day, halving approximately every month for about 6 months until it gets down to 5 SLR per block, and then the rate of decrease to switch to an annual halving rate. If we start doing this in August, the reward would gradually decline from 100 to 5 by February 2015, and then in February 2016 it would be 2.5, and so on.

I want to reiterate that this proposal has not been officially approved by the Board, but we're leaning towards doing it.

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:59:14 PM

Nick's proposal, which everyone who remains on the Board agrees with, is for the block reward to decline a small amount each day, halving approximately every month for about 6 months until it gets down to 5 SLR per block, and then the rate of decrease to switch to an annual halving rate. If we start doing this in August, the reward would gradually decline from 100 to 5 by February 2015, and then in February 2016 it would be 2.5, and so on.

I want to reiterate that this proposal has not been officially approved by the Board, but we're leaning towards doing it.

Sounds like a great plan to me.
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:46:36 PM

Hello again fellow SolarCoin enthusiasts. I still have no power or internet at home so I have to post this from work (which I shouldn't be doing), so I will try to make it quick and tell you the story as it happened...

After the most recent board meeting, I went through a few days of serious reflection and decided I no longer wanted to be considered for a Board position when the Incorporation eventually happens. I sent an e-mail to Nick, Joe, Eric and Doug and I will share that e-mail with you below so you have full access to exactly what I said. About an hour after I sent the e-mail my power went out but I was able to use my phone for communication purposes. Nick sent me a private e-mail asking me to reconsider and he was very gracious and understanding of my position. Out of respect for his concern and intelligence, I agreed to delay public announcement of this for a few days. But now a few days have passed, and it's time I shared it with all of you.  Smiley I've pasted the contents of my e-mail below and I will add a few comments below that for further clarity. (I removed the e-mail addresses to protect privacy. That is the only alteration made.)

Date: Jul 5, 2014 12:15 PM
Subject: Withdrawing my name for Board consideration
To: "Nick Gogerty", "joseph. zitoli", "Eric Stetson", "Douglas Felmann"
Cc:

Good morning everyone,

I have decided to withdraw my name for Board consideration. There are multiple reasons for this, some of which I will highlight for you.

First and foremost, my personality type doesn't lend itself well to this sort of role. (see here http://www.davidmarkley.com/personality/conceptualist.htm). I am an independent, free thinker and the controlled structure of a Board makes me feel trapped and that's not good for my spiritual health. I am forced to conform to traditional structures every day in my real job and I need my focus on SolarCoin to be that of an outsider, not an insider, so I can continue to enjoy it and be a strong supporter.

Secondly, I spend 40+ hours a week doing valuation on high end commercial real estate for the purposes of tax assessment. The position I hold is the highest technical position that can be held in terms of valuation with the Province and I am the first woman to have been awarded the title. I spend my days rooting out lies and calling out assumptions from wealthy property owners who try to say their property is worth less than market value because they don't want to pay taxes and they think I'm stupid enough to buy into their weak and fallacious arguments. Many of these people are incredibly disrespectful and most of them aren't that bright, to put it bluntly. They have a lot of money and therefore a lot of power. I am squeezed from both ends on a daily basis with those above me (also not that bright) who like to kowtow to this perceived power and my obligation to do the right thing and strike a fair assessment for the tax payers of this Province. It is a thankless job and I do it very well. But it takes a mental and emotional toll. I need to focus my energy there for the time being and can't afford to take on any role that requires an official stance and demands the appropriate amount of attention.

Finally, I spend far too much of my free time on SolarCoin. If I could afford to quit my day job and do this exclusively, I would. However, that isn't even close to being an option I can consider. I need to keep my priorities in line for the time being.

Looking back, I realize I should have taken more time to consider being on the Board. I was excited at the prospects of SolarCoin and the Mission (and I still am) but I understand now that I am not Board material, it just isn't in me. I will continue to be a huge supporter because my view of what we're trying to do here and why hasn't changed. It's just best if I participate as an activist volunteer than as a Board member.

I apologize for springing this on you now, but better now than later. This should give you time to find someone to take my place before Incorporation happens.

I will keep everything that's been said and done thus far in complete confidence but you should no longer include me in official "board related" e-mail correspondence. Obviously if there is any information or insights you'd like my opinion on, feel free to correspond with me, I'm not leaving SolarCoin. Smiley

Cheers,

Joely

PS: I would prefer to share the contents of this e-mail with the community so as to not cause any undue concern/drama and I will remove the Board member title from the Volunteer page on the wiki. I can do that later today or perhaps tomorrow once you've all had a chance to digest this. If you think it's best that I don't share this, please let me know. If anyone out there wants to know my reasons, I can share it privately with them rather than publicly with everyone. It doesn't really matter to me. Smiley

So that is that my friends. If any of you find this disappointing, I do apologize. But it’s important to remember that these efforts to change the world require all of us to contribute the best of ourselves within whatever capacity we have to contribute. Unfortunately for me, my “capacity to contribute” right now is frustratingly small given the external realities of my real life so I have to make my decisions based on all of the inputs, not just some of them.

On the plus side, I’m a helluva lot better at being an outsider and holding people’s feet to the fire than I am being an insider who just desperately wants to avoid the spotlight of being on a “Board” that doesn’t even exist yet Cheesy. If I could snap my fingers right now and have the Generator pool fully automated so that no centralized authority is in charge of anything, I’d do it. However, the technology to make that happen isn’t quite there yet, but it will come.

In the meantime, we are forced to put our faith and trust in the creators of this project and those they bring on board to help with the effort. Eric is doing a stellar job on that front. He is passionate about doing the right thing and I have a huge amount of respect for that. Nick also deserves applause as he has put more on the line than any of us because this was his idea and I am convinced his intentions are good. I was sad to see Doug resign but he also has his reasons should he decide to share them, I won’t comment on that only to say that I respect his decision as he came to it rationally and objectively.

With all that said, I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes and I won’t hesitate to make my opinions known if I feel they are relevant. I remain cautiously optimistic that SolarCoin goes in a direction that ensures the Mission as stated is kept front and centre and that those involved in the decision making are skilled enough to make that happen. These are exciting times and I intend to enjoy as much of it as I can. Smiley

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:03:55 PM

Very sad but as long as you stick around it is all good.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:15:42 PM

Isn't there an honorary position available for you Joely? Smiley

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:33:51 PM

There'd better not be!!!  Shocked Ewe... I hate titles. Blech.

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:35:53 PM

There'd better not be!!!  Shocked Ewe... I hate titles. Blech.

And now Ghost Trader is taken... I could have gotten into that role.  Grin

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:37:55 PM

I'm not going anywhere.  Kiss

fabula

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:56:44 PM

I'm not going anywhere.  Kiss

Enjoy your life now.
You're welcome back next year when with block rewards cut and pos implemented we stay here with this golden coin in hand, thinking early times like now where people like you dedicated more than they could do to make solaroin the best crypto outthere.   Wink
See ya!
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: