Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:53:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
tubesteak

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:11:43 PM

Every time the diff drops some people put massive amounts of hash on slr and rape the shit out of it. Just to dump it and the slr price drops like crazy. Go rape another coin jerk offs!

SLG: SPWZuB9HsZVQNiHCbLQyw32EdRdVtt87We
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 05:24:27 PM

Every time the diff drops some people put massive amounts of hash on slr and rape the shit out of it. Just to dump it and the slr price drops like crazy. Go rape another coin jerk offs!

I've been watching this for a few cycles now and it seems the rapists aren't actually dumping the coins.  Undecided The price has been really stable. Even now, there aren't any large sell orders hitting AllCrypt that I can see.

Even so, taking advantage like that is annoying for all the people who dedicate their hashing power to SLR, even in the higher difficulties. They have a few hours tops to get some mining in that is favourable and then have to spend 5 days getting shit on...

That difficulty adjustment fix can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. That will put a stop to these shenanigans.

In the meantime, expect it to continue to get whipped around like this...  Angry

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:33:13 PM

I both like it and don't like it. It's very old school before all these new technologies came around there were times mining litecoin back in the day that were like this for weeks.

passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:54:24 PM

Last difficulty was close to 9, current difficulty is 2, next difficulty projected to be over 10 because the pools are getting raped right now with over 800 MH/s. This cycle will continue until we're bouncing between a difficulty 0.5 to 20. Who wants to mine this coin with a difficulty of 20, or even 10 for that matter?
Time to fix the algo: add KGW or change it to X11 ... do something!!!
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:45:27 PM

wtf?! Net hash rate posted on cryptopoolmining just jumped to 4,300 Mh/s and difficulty jumped to 8? 

I thought there were a couple hundred more blocks before the difficulty change? 

Guess we can expect a bunch of coins to flood the market soon.
LuckyKey

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:47:00 PM

wtf?! Net hash rate posted on cryptopoolmining just jumped to 4,300 Mh/s and difficulty jumped to 8? 

I thought there were a couple hundred more blocks before the difficulty change? 

Guess we can expect a bunch of coins to flood the market soon.

Don't see the recently added 3,000 MH/s on any pool, must be solo mining?
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:47:06 AM

Net hash 680 MHs even after difficulty change. Will it last?

Sunuser

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:55:59 AM

Yes this hash will last as long as the Solarcoin stays profitable, big hash will mine until price drops.

Guys I really feel like we are over looking the fact that once the retarget issue has been addressed, high hash rates will just stay constant. The only reason we see the drop is so they can lower the diff and get even more when they jump back on.

So what does this mean for Solarcoin? My thought is the hash will raise with the price, then dump the price back down to low unprofitable range. Then hash will lower until the price picks back up, and so on...

So this will leave the average miner either mining very little while price is high or mining more while price is low.

Yes I know I just explained the basics of mining that we have all seen many times.

There are only a few things that can be done
- Throw some cash at new ASIC miner
- Buy the coins that will be sold from the ASIC big dogs
- Change algorithm (don't see this one happening)
- Add PoS

My vote is to add PoS

-This will help stop 51% attack (without avg miners having to go buy $1000's in ASIC's)
- every one mines (with open wallet holding coins)
- If you do buy coins from the big ASIC dumps, you will earn coins at a %
- This coin was almost set up for PoS, I mean the Dev projected a 5 year PoW (mining period) from the start With a PoW/PoS hybrid the PoW (mining) can fade away in the 4-5 years and leave the coin to be mined solely on PoS like other coins do now
- Price of the coin will go up (buy and having coins becomes a form of mining)

And the big one in my eyes, BIGGER exchanges will have an incentive to post our coin (they earn the PoS on your coins while they sit on their exchange in their wallet)

Let us look at an example of this PoS motivation and exchange listing

Take Orangecoin

"What is OrangeCoin?
Orangecoin is a unique combination of POW distribution with POS minting to secure the network. Orangecoin distribution will start on April 27, 2014 with a limited 2 week mining period. After the initial release of 50 million coins, POS interest will be earned at a rate of 20% in the first year, 10% in the second year, 5% in the third year down to a constant 2.5% interest."
https://orangecoins.info

Nothing innovative or special about it at all!! (I will not humor the comparison to Solarcoin bc it's not even close)

But yet lets look at what happens when they approach Cryptsy

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/4000276050

Thats right it took just 4 days and 6 post, which started 13 days ago (when writing this post) The PoS coin system was loved and Cryptsy posted it to the vote list https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

Now I'm sure that if Solarcoin goes PoS it will not be 20% However you can see that exchanges have a large incentive to take PoS coins. Does it suck that they get your PoS yes but thats only if you park large amounts of your coins on there exchange, for long periods of time.

How I plain to help is by writing code...

Here is my contribution so far https://github.com/solarcoin/solarcoin/pull/5
This new code was needed to send and receive Solarcoin with multisig addresses.

The next code post you will see from me will be the code for a PoS fork

I have already spent a little over 63 hrs (haha many ppl can vouch for my disappearance last few days)  on the code for the PoS fork so far, and there is much more to do. I'm only writing this code so it may be considered by the Solarcoin Foundation as an addition to the coin. I do this because I believe in this coin as a chance to, help better the world we live in. Weather or not the code is used I will still support Solarcoin, by mining if I still can or by buying when I can. Ultimately Solarcoin adding PoS will be up to the Solarcoin Foundation, as it should be. I would love nothing more then a fork to x11 PoS/PoW. However this coin has a very stable conservative and well thought out approach to making changes. While this can be upsetting when we live in a world so on demand as we do now. I wouldn't be as onboard with Solarcoin, if it had to fork every week do to insufficient testing or hasty decisions. I have seen many other coins fix unbroken code, to then have to refix what they just broke. I truly believe Solarcoin will out live me, which I could be wrong but out of all the altcoins it has one of the better chances.

When I think of an organization in comparison, dealing with a similar issue (taking time to make sure things are right) I think of https://www.circle.com. On May 16th they came out of  what they called (stealth) well for the ppl not following their hush hush $17 million development fund raising (http://www.coindesk.com/circle-receives-17m-funding-unveils-exchange-wallet-service/) But what I would call, Ok we are now letting you request access to our site. Here is their launch post with nice demonstration video at the bottom,  https://www.circle.com/2014/05/16/circle-update/  So I like many others went on their site and requested an invitation. Also I like many others have not received the invite yet, They must have received many emails to spark a post 5 days later https://www.circle.com/2014/05/21/circle-debut-questions/ They want to slowly let more and more ppl on the site to test things slowly.

So I'm sorry to post such a long post here (guess i needed a longer break from coding then I thought), but here is a $17 million company slowly allowing ppl to get accounts. Something we all look at as a 4 maybe 5 second thing, and they are taking days.

I'm just saying in a pinch the retarget code could be written in bout 4 minutes and implemented with in hours. But the fact that there has been time spent testing and researching shows it wanted to be done right. This is only my thoughts, I have had very little communication only with Justin. I haven't tested or even seen the new retarget code yet. But he told me, he plans to post it soon. Oh I should mention, Please don't ask me to write x11 in to the new fork code bc I will not be. Please don't forget I'm doing this at my own will and not by request. And I think I have read enough to show me that adding x11 or other new algo to it will be a waste of time right now. However if I'm requested to do such from a reputable source I will have no problem. At this point I'm adding PoS with option of PoSV (which could be dropped later to just PoS). So does add PoS take over 60hrs just to write.. No, but each and every line I have added and lines I plain to add are only done after very extensive research. Such as what other coins have used this line of code in any variation, How did it work out from them and has anyone else written it better....
Goattrading

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:32:26 AM

Sunuser

I like your whole train of thought.....

bitcointalk member/dev of Orangecoin is Orangecoin.. who is currently helping CoffeeCoin correct there wallet issues with the PoS coin generation aspects. Orangecoin the member maybe a good resource to contact. 

http://coffeecoinguild.tumblr.com/post/86613861315/wallet-updates-are-underway

The 20% PoS distribution is related to 3/4 of the total distribution is thru PoS (50m PoW, 150m PoS), depending on whats been mined so far with SolarCoin, could be done or something close since there will no longer be a dependence on PoW to maintain wallet syncing. 

For the most part it has been cheaper to mine other coins and buy SolarCoin.

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Sunuser

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:10:34 AM

Sunuser

bitcointalk member/dev of Orangecoin is Orangecoin.. who is currently helping CoffeeCoin correct there wallet issues with the PoS coin generation aspects. Orangecoin the member maybe a good resource to contact. 

The 20% PoS distribution is related to 3/4 of the total distribution is thru PoS (50m PoW, 150m PoS), depending on whats been mined so far with SolarCoin, could be done or something close since there will no longer be a dependence on PoW to maintain wallet syncing. 

Thanks while looking over his wallet code I saw a common over sight as well.. I will let him know right away 
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:33:53 PM

Sunuser bravo!
Goattrading

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:11:18 PM

Sunuser

Thanks while looking over his wallet code I saw a common over sight as well.. I will let him know right away 

Well awesome.
Iam sure they will appreciate the help.  Smiley

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
LuckyKey

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:13:22 PM

We have to remember that we're almost 50% of the way before the block reward is cut in half. With more ASICS coming out, how long do we think the that will be?  Maybe 3 months?  Then, after the following 25 million, it'll be cut in half again. And, when will that be, maybe 3 months after?  Maybe it'll be 3 or 4 months in total, if more of the newer ASICS come out. I think this is one of those coins where early miners (now) are reaping the rewards. I don't think it'll take the rest of the year to get to the 50% mark. Do we have any stats of daily or weekly coin production? Those are the numbers we should be keeping an eye on. 

This past low difficulty period pounce saw the peak net hash rate hit about 4500 MH/s.  If the ASICs start flowing more over the next couple of months, that peak number will get higher, and there will be a little more coins hitting the market between the high and low difficulty periods. Personally, I think it works as a buffer, where the heavy miners will mine for a period of low difficulty, then sell their coins, then we buy over the high difficulty period when mining subsides, then repeat. At the 50 million mark, the coin production rate will drop in half.  It could due the perfect storm for solarcoin miners and consumers, and it may just work out ok?

I believe there's a pretty significant number of believers in solarcoin, that will continue to mine and buy what's being put out. Almost 20 million of the 100 million total mined coins have been already consumed, and no real end of consuming power in sight. If the solarcoin word/interests spreads, and we continue to consume, there will be few people selling, which should increase the demand/price nicely. This is the main coin that I am buying, mining, and holding :-)
LuckyKey

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:08:48 PM

We have to remember that we're almost 50% of the way before the block reward is cut in half. With more ASICS coming out, how long do we think the that will be?  Maybe 3 months?  Then, after the following 25 million, it'll be cut in half again. And, when will that be, maybe 3 months after?  Maybe it'll be 3 or 4 months in total, if more of the newer ASICS come out. I think this is one of those coins where early miners (now) are reaping the rewards. I don't think it'll take the rest of the year to get to the 50% mark. Do we have any stats of daily or weekly coin production? Those are the numbers we should be keeping an eye on. 

This past low difficulty period pounce saw the peak net hash rate hit about 4500 MH/s.  If the ASICs start flowing more over the next couple of months, that peak number will get higher, and there will be a little more coins hitting the market between the high and low difficulty periods. Personally, I think it works as a buffer, where the heavy miners will mine for a period of low difficulty, then sell their coins, then we buy over the high difficulty period when mining subsides, then repeat. At the 50 million mark, the coin production rate will drop in half.  It could due the perfect storm for solarcoin miners and consumers, and it may just work out ok?

I believe there's a pretty significant number of believers in solarcoin, that will continue to mine and buy what's being put out. Almost 20 million of the 100 million total mined coins have been already consumed, and no real end of consuming power in sight. If the solarcoin word/interests spreads, and we continue to consume, there will be few people selling, which should increase the demand/price nicely. This is the main coin that I am buying, mining, and holding :-)

I have about 10 MH/s in GPU gear, and have mined solarcoin for over 2 months now…it doesn't take long to feel small in Crypto world :-)

corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:32:17 AM

I have about 10 MH/s in GPU gear, and have mined solarcoin for over 2 months now…it doesn't take long to feel small in Crypto world :-)

I have 1500 KH/s, I feel smaller. Cheesy

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:53:28 AM

We have to remember that we're almost 50% of the way before the block reward is cut in half. With more ASICS coming out, how long do we think the that will be?  Maybe 3 months?  Then, after the following 25 million, it'll be cut in half again. And, when will that be, maybe 3 months after?  Maybe it'll be 3 or 4 months in total, if more of the newer ASICS come out. I think this is one of those coins where early miners (now) are reaping the rewards. I don't think it'll take the rest of the year to get to the 50% mark. Do we have any stats of daily or weekly coin production? Those are the numbers we should be keeping an eye on.  

It gets cut in half every year.  if hashrate goes up 1000 percent so will difficulty to slow the coin down.
Sunuser

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:54:16 AM

We have to remember that we're almost 50% of the way before the block reward is cut in half. With more ASICS coming out, how long do we think the that will be?  Maybe 3 months?  Then, after the following 25 million, it'll be cut in half again. And, when will that be, maybe 3 months after?  Maybe it'll be 3 or 4 months in total, if more of the newer ASICS come out. I think this is one of those coins where early miners (now) are reaping the rewards. I don't think it'll take the rest of the year to get to the 50% mark. Do we have any stats of daily or weekly coin production? Those are the numbers we should be keeping an eye on.  

It gets cut in half every year.  if hashrate goes up 1000 percent so will difficulty to slow the coin down.

Right, All though this post made me stop for a sec and say well I wonder how far past schedule we are. So some quick math had me surprised. 

Our genesis block (First block ever) was born in November (2013-11-15) http://184.73.159.72/b/133RV1nfUu

Then came premine blocks blocks 1-128 (2013-12-21)

Real Mining (consistent)             started at block 129 at (2014-01-04 22:42:52)

So Time now (2014-05-27 08:00:56) - (2014-01-04 22:42:52) = mining period (205,038 minutes)

So "Target" 1 min block time and minus the 128 first block

We should at Time Now be at block 204910

Real block Time Now 190786

We are 14124 blocks behind or 9.80833333333333 days behind

SO we as of the moment and mining slower!!!

This can only be because of the High diff left for small hash to mined 1 days worth of blocks (1440) over many days
George.PK

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:56:05 AM

Even better Grin Grin Grin Grin
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 09:52:16 AM

Nick's interview on Bitcoins & Gravy. Enjoy!

http://www.bitcoinsandgravy.com/episode17/

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
LuckyKey

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:16:51 AM

Right, All though this post made me stop for a sec and say well I wonder how far past schedule we are. So some quick math had me surprised. 

Our genesis block (First block ever) was born in November (2013-11-15) http://184.73.159.72/b/133RV1nfUu

Then came premine blocks blocks 1-128 (2013-12-21)

Real Mining (consistent)             started at block 129 at (2014-01-04 22:42:52)

So Time now (2014-05-27 08:00:56) - (2014-01-04 22:42:52) = mining period (205,038 minutes)

So "Target" 1 min block time and minus the 128 first block

We should at Time Now be at block 204910

Real block Time Now 190786

We are 14124 blocks behind or 9.80833333333333 days behind

SO we as of the moment and mining slower!!!

This can only be because of the High diff left for small hash to mined 1 days worth of blocks (1440) over many days

The specs page indicates it's at a specific block. That's not calendar/year based? I believe the actual block stated is 525,600…or so it says on the specifications page? Should clarify if the code is calendar or block based halving?  

I think the key is to look at (watch) the mining curve.  I looked at the past 4 months, and surprisingly, it has slowed down this month…surprising as well, is the fairly steadiness of the 1st 4 months.  Here's what the block chain is indicating:

Apr 21 - May 21 = 36023 blocks
Mar 21 - Apr 21 = 42057 blocks
Feb  21 - Mar 21 = 42500 blocks
Jan 21 - Feb 21 = 40556 blocks

I believe your theory is correct.  The high difficulty periods, as a result of the "hash pouncers" riding the low difficulty time period and leaving the following days in a state of high difficulty, resulting in the regular miners moving to more profitable coins, thus decreasing overall mining.  Albeit, I have been taking my mining earnings elsewhere and buying solarcoins at a cheaper rate than mining them.

The big question is, as the ASICs come onboard, will more hash come during the pounce periods?  If so, then the mined blocks should go back up, and maybe even higher. I think that's the line to watch closely, as solarcoin just had it's first monthly hash rate decline, and more ASICs are going to be hitting the market.

The pouncers will pounce where it's profitable. How much ASIC coin production will be profitable?  If there's continuous buying of solarcoins, there should be growth in hash rates, as ASIC owners will be scrambling to find profit in coins. If there's not a demand (buying power) to match the supply, then the ASIC owners may leave solarcoin, returning it to the faithful miners. Either way, do you think the hash rate (block production rate) will decline further? There's going to be a flood of scrypt hashing power in the next 1-3 months, especially when KNC's Titan miners hit the streets, all of it looking for anything profitable…and that means the highest rate of return. Solarcoin value may go down, but continue to be a target, as other coins may go down more, still making solarcoin one of the more profitable coins?

Need to know when the block reward will be cut in half…calendar or block 525,600?  If solarcoin block rates climb to 50k-60k+/month with ASICs, and it's block based, we'll be there well before the end of the year.

It's hard to predict what the huge hashing power increase that will take place over the coming months will have on scrypt based coins, without knowing what/how coins will trend.  As well, without knowing what coins may also be thinking about implementing change?

As for PoS, would need to know how that would affect us loyal miners investing our miners and $ over the past few months to produce and accumulate coins?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: