Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:49:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:33:27 PM

just found this on facebook

Posted by
Nick Gogerty

"A time locked escrow vault is a very interesting idea and one I personally am interested in researching. It could be implemented using the SLR blockchain or another tech like ethereum (once proven and stable). ie. a private key or other time/event based escrow circulation trigger. this is definitely something being considered for the generator pool. Right now priority is getting the mining reward circulation rate decreased. This will be signalled to the community and of course requires pool buy in. Current discussion is a §1 slr daily (1,440 block) drop in reward for 99 days starting at a pre-determined block and/or a move to POS."
2 hrs · Like · 1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:45:59 PM

if they approve 1 solarcoin a minute

and solarcoins price stays at today's current price around $ .002 cents  you could buy every coin up that was made for that day 1440 solarcoins for under $3

Prices only have one way to go and that is up in the near future. I for one will be happy to put the $3 in every day to buy them up  Grin
terciops

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:13:55 PM

Going back to the SLR concept of rewarding generators per MW....

The current system is to reward solar generators by monthly proof of generation.  This is a lot of work and the idea recently of linking the inverters / meters to the IoT (Internet of Things) with Eurethium or whatever is sound, but ...

I have done a fair bit of software for the ENASOLAR inverters that I use at home and even getting one inverter type to talk to the 'Net is hard enough, and finding common ground to align them all is going to be a nightmare, particularly with legacy inverters.  There is no way to easily / cheaply update all those already installed units to talk a common language - even if there was a standard agreed upon - and there is not AFAIK.

However, it occurred to me that perhaps a lateral step back could provide a solution.

I have had 24 x 190W panels (4.4 Kw through 2  Enasolar inverters - I have a NW and NE array) on my roof since 15 Nov 2011 - 986 days to be exact.  I keep a per day automated log of our all electric house's use and generation and the information is useful for forecasting and rapid feedback of problems on the use and generation side.    Although there are obviously quite large variations of day to day generation and month on month seasonal changes in solar output, the year on year by month is remarkably consistent and reliable.

I went into my spreadsheet this morning and jigged around a few aggregate numbers for the whole period of operation : (rounded sensibly for overview discussion rather than pedantic values)

Daily each panel produces 0.7 KWh
Annually each panel produces 244 KWh
Over 25 year lifetime a (190W) panel will produce 6.1 MWh

Panels nowadays are more like 235-250 per, so perhaps 7.5 MWh per panel would be nearer.  However variations in geographical and climatic conditions will produce a a greater range than pure panel specs, so for argument's sake, let us go with 7 MWh per panel over whole nominal life.

Where I live that would equate to a retail (inc taxes) spend of 7000 x 0.28NZ$ = $1960 = US$1666 (at today's rate).

My panels cost me around NZ$650 each (installed)  but now I would expect to pay nearer NZ$350.  Although the steepness of the price curve is leveling, there is no reason to doubt NZ$1.50/W installed in the near future.  But there are a lot of other soft and variable costs with getting those big flat shiny things onto the roof safely and making grid phased power, that the pure panel cost is just part of the cost - although a reducing segment.

My point is that you could actually allocate SLR not on an invoiced generation monthly rate as proposed, but on a forecast ability to produce.  The only leap of faith is that having brought a panel it would go into the sun and the output used.  I personally find it inconceivable that apart from the odd breakage / failure, which are replaced anyway, that a individual (as apart from a re-seller) having brought a panel(s), they would not use it.  The vision of a garage full of 2x1 meter glass and aluminium slabs stacked up as decoration just does not work.

If you can make that leap of concept then the solution is easy and much less administratively demanding.  On production of a retail installation invoice (or just a panel purchase invoice) you get a certificate of Generation Potential for the annual forecast output of your panels.  My average output over the installation comes to 1.28KWh per installed Watt per annum.   People living in sunnier climes than Auckland, may get more, others less.  But the radiance figures are available from NORA and I would guess that a sensible regional number could easily be allocated.

So rounding down to accommodate the lowest common generator, you could quite logically allocate 1 SLR per KW installed per annum in arrears.  Simple, easy to administer and relatively fair.  At the current SLR value, that is of course the square root of sod all, but at the possible price of $20, that would be well worth having.

I have spoken to my installer here in Auckland and they would have no objection to including the potential SLR Certificate as part of their advertising (it costs them nothing after all)  as it would be just another perceived benefit.  So why would that not be a common reaction?

So how would it work ?

On production of a solar installation invoice (from an approved supplier?),  the end user gets a certificate JPG every year (for 25 years) of a QR code that contains the block for X SLR.  Or, if they have a SLR wallet registered, then the transaction goes straight to that.  Simple to do.  The alternative of sending in monthly / annual certified generation certificates etc etc is a nightmare by comparison.

You need a change mechanism for when people move / die / sell houses etc, but that is normal practice anyway.

Just an idea.....

Ken

SLR - 8dNrncD6mBWzPPQLMRqmk9oCxoC9N7Xfev
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:18:58 PM

Terciops. Excellent post
Epiphany

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 09:29:29 PM

Terciops. Excellent post

Agreed. +8 Ken

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 12:41:07 AM

Whoa! Check out the Bittrex 24 hour chart. Someone wanted to buy some SLR huh?  Grin

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:52:52 AM

Whoa! Check out the Bittrex 24 hour chart. Someone wanted to buy some SLR huh?  Grin

yup if anyone decided to put a few grand in this at one time the price would go up crazy.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:27:10 AM

Great thinking terciops!

+8

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:00:56 AM

The current system is to reward solar generators by monthly proof of generation.  This is a lot of work and the idea recently of linking the inverters / meters to the IoT (Internet of Things) with Eurethium or whatever is sound, but ...

I have done a fair bit of software for the ENASOLAR inverters that I use at home and even getting one inverter type to talk to the 'Net is hard enough, and finding common ground to align them all is going to be a nightmare, particularly with legacy inverters.  There is no way to easily / cheaply update all those already installed units to talk a common language - even if there was a standard agreed upon - and there is not AFAIK.

However, it occurred to me that perhaps a lateral step back could provide a solution.

I have had 24 x 190W panels (4.4 Kw through 2  Enasolar inverters - I have a NW and NE array) on my roof since 15 Nov 2011 - 986 days to be exact.  I keep a per day automated log of our all electric house's use and generation and the information is useful for forecasting and rapid feedback of problems on the use and generation side.    Although there are obviously quite large variations of day to day generation and month on month seasonal changes in solar output, the year on year by month is remarkably consistent and reliable.

I went into my spreadsheet this morning and jigged around a few aggregate numbers for the whole period of operation : (rounded sensibly for overview discussion rather than pedantic values)

Panels nowadays are more like 235-250 per, so perhaps 7.5 MWh per panel would be nearer.  However variations in geographical and climatic conditions will produce a a greater range than pure panel specs, so for argument's sake, let us go with 7 MWh per panel over whole nominal life.

Where I live that would equate to a retail (inc taxes) spend of 7000 x 0.28NZ$ = $1960 = US$1666 (at today's rate).

My panels cost me around NZ$650 each (installed)  but now I would expect to pay nearer NZ$350.  Although the steepness of the price curve is leveling, there is no reason to doubt NZ$1.50/W installed in the near future.  But there are a lot of other soft and variable costs with getting those big flat shiny things onto the roof safely and making grid phased power, that the pure panel cost is just part of the cost - although a reducing segment.

My point is that you could actually allocate SLR not on an invoiced generation monthly rate as proposed, but on a forecast ability to produce.  The only leap of faith is that having brought a panel it would go into the sun and the output used.  I personally find it inconceivable that apart from the odd breakage / failure, which are replaced anyway, that a individual (as apart from a re-seller) having brought a panel(s), they would not use it.  The vision of a garage full of 2x1 meter glass and aluminium slabs stacked up as decoration just does not work.

If you can make that leap of concept then the solution is easy and much less administratively demanding.  On production of a retail installation invoice (or just a panel purchase invoice) you get a certificate of Generation Potential for the annual forecast output of your panels.  My average output over the installation comes to 1.28KWh per installed Watt per annum.   People living in sunnier climes than Auckland, may get more, others less.  But the radiance figures are available from NORA and I would guess that a sensible regional number could easily be allocated.

So rounding down to accommodate the lowest common generator, you could quite logically allocate 1 SLR per KW installed per annum in arrears.  Simple, easy to administer and relatively fair.  At the current SLR value, that is of course the square root of sod all, but at the possible price of $20, that would be well worth having.

I have spoken to my installer here in Auckland and they would have no objection to including the potential SLR Certificate as part of their advertising (it costs them nothing after all)  as it would be just another perceived benefit.  So why would that not be a common reaction?

So how would it work ?

On production of a solar installation invoice (from an approved supplier?),  the end user gets a certificate JPG every year (for 25 years) of a QR code that contains the block for X SLR.  Or, if they have a SLR wallet registered, then the transaction goes straight to that.  Simple to do.  The alternative of sending in monthly / annual certified generation certificates etc etc is a nightmare by comparison.

You need a change mechanism for when people move / die / sell houses etc, but that is normal practice anyway.

Just an idea.....

Ken

QFT (Quoted for "Tip") Smiley

Date: 7/27/2014 02:52
To: Terciops! 8dNrncD6mBWzPPQLMRqmk9oCxoC9N7Xfev
Debit: -480.09660344 SLR
Transaction fee: -0.10 SLR
Net amount: -480.19660344 SLR
Transaction ID: afc7a1451d6abf83710429f556f02be41fd87938d1d67ebd3280ae9b2f0fe029
Transaction comment:
text:Tip from Corather. Excellent post!

sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:52:56 AM

Bittrex delisting warning :

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Aug 1st unless the average trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.1 BTC

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:00:03 PM

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Aug 1st unless the average trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.1 BTC

$60 worth
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:37:21 PM

What's the problem on allcrypt? No buy orders being filled?  There are buys greater than the asks that are not being auto-filled?
passionsurf

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:21:09 PM

$60 worth

Well with the current Allcrypt problem, it looks like everyone is taking their trading to Bittrex. So hopefully that will boost the trade volume (at least temporarily).
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:26:44 PM

What's the problem on allcrypt? No buy orders being filled?  There are buys greater than the asks that are not being auto-filled?

Now reporting the following for solarcoin :

"Wallet under mainenance, back soon"
ghost.trader

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:43:14 PM

I just had a fun thought...  Grin Maybe Ghost Trader has been setting us up all this time with a... wait for it... a "dump & pump"Huh  Shocked Grin Shocked

That would be pretty cool actually (and clever), even though I realize it's highly unlikely, I can pretend it's true and get excited again. The exact reverse trading strategy of all the other altcoin "pump and dumps". Makes me giggle a little.

But on the 1% chance I'm right, Ghost Trader owes ME a beer for being so damn clever.  Kiss

damnit, how did you figure it out?  what is your favorite beer?
freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:47:07 PM

So how would it work ?

Just an idea.....

Ken

Thanks Ken for sharing your ideas. I especially like the part about the installer that's willing to include a SLR certificate as part of their advertising. I think it's very important that we pursue these kind of business relationships, and thanks for taking the initiative!  Smiley

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:52:19 PM

I just put up a decent size bid on Bittrex. I hope others will do the same. They've given us two chances to get our volume up, and I think we should do what it takes to remain listed there. It's important to be on more than one exchange. We shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket with AllCrypt, even though it's a good exchange and the owner is a good guy. If one exchange is having problems on any given day, we need to be on a second exchange where people can trade. So please help me to get our volume up on Bittrex in the next few days so they don't delist us. Thanks everyone!

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 10:06:11 PM

I don't think there will be a volume problem with Bittrex now  Roll Eyes, the Allcrypt problem won't be fixed until August 2 according to this: https://www.allcrypt.com/blog/2014/07/whats-been-going-on-and-a-status-update/

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 10:06:42 PM

I just had a fun thought...  Grin Maybe Ghost Trader has been setting us up all this time with a... wait for it... a "dump & pump"Huh  Shocked Grin Shocked

That would be pretty cool actually (and clever), even though I realize it's highly unlikely, I can pretend it's true and get excited again. The exact reverse trading strategy of all the other altcoin "pump and dumps". Makes me giggle a little.

But on the 1% chance I'm right, Ghost Trader owes ME a beer for being so damn clever.  Kiss

damnit, how did you figure it out?  what is your favorite beer?

Ha!!!  Grin Grin Guinness.

passionsurf

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:53:21 PM

I just noticed that the cryptopoolmining slr pool is closing and changing to a new stratum.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: