Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:53:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BETARIGS.COM - Cryptocurrency cloud mining - thousands of rigs available!  (Read 200955 times)
1024KB

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:22:54 AM

neat idea but the price people are charging for leasing a rig is outrageous . I think they forgot the renter has to actually make money not lose it

its already evolving into a market place.....supply n demand set prices, especially with more people joining to lease.

its rig owners hoping to dupe noobs with high prices as the noobs dont really understand whats going on.

"yaron   etayel   1950 kh/s   0.075 BTC" <----- that is crazy, you wont make that much back in the day period.
"Apollo's Wrath   coinguy   2900 kh/s   0.08 BTC" <----- Get Real!!

as I said before, rig owner hoping noobs will get duped Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1024KB

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:24:15 AM

I leased my rig for 3 hours just 5 mins after putting it on list. I guess my price was fair enough:)
Anyway good job mux. It looks like I will be one of your hash providers.

lol no that's called noobs who dont know what there getting for the price. Smiley

You better get a rig on there and take advantage of the noobs then Tongue

naw I have morals and stuff like that  Tongue
roo7er

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:31:54 AM

I leased my rig for 3 hours just 5 mins after putting it on list. I guess my price was fair enough:)

lol no that's called noobs who dont know what there getting for the price. Smiley

Dont think so. Revenue profit for 2700 kh/s is $57.38 in coinwarz, right now.
My price was 0.065 btc/day which equals $50.44. It looks fair to me.
1024KB

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:34:25 AM

yeah i know what coinwarz says, but in reality that's not what ya make, it doesn't take into account lower hash rate , drops, rejects. If everything is 100% perfect you MAY make that, but we all know in reality you dont.. but a noob sees that and thinks "oh good deal".
LoveMyEvo

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:41:00 AM

why rig says offline for more than an hour. I am I doing something wrong?  Huh
gunner0136

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:42:26 AM

yeah i know what coinwarz says, but in reality that's not what ya make, it doesn't take into account lower hash rate , drops, rejects. If everything is 100% perfect you MAY make that, but we all know in reality you dont.. but a noob sees that and thinks "oh good deal".

Basic ECONOMICS won't let the price be to high for long.  Basic supply and demand.  Obviously there is a demand or all those rigs would be setting there idle.
Bralak

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:42:56 AM

Hi,

I'm Mining rig #131 owner (SuchRig01), if renters have some issues, plz mp me here Smiley
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:55:16 AM

Some initial thoughts having added 10 of my rigs for lease:

1) Having the ability to sort by BTC per MH/s and also by KH/s capacity of the rig is a must. Good rates are being lost at the bottom of the list with the default sort order being by date and time added. Sorting by speed is also a must-have IMHO as someone wanting to dip their toe isn't likely to want to lease a high powered dedicated rig. OTOH someone wanting to quickly lease double-digits MH/s of capacity isn't going to want to lease a bunch of single card 600-700KH/s rigs.

2) I would also personally ditch the list of newest rigs on the home page as at first glance it gives the impression that it's the list of rigs available for rent. I know, people should read, but they don't.

3) Adding and managing 10 rigs was/is painful because there's no consolidated list of my rigs anywhere. The interface needs a "My Rigs" link or button when a provider is logged in.

4) Requiring a different BTC wallet address per rig was also time consuming. Allowing the same BTC address for rigs under the same username would make life easier.

Overall I have to say that this service ROCKS and will leave leaserig in the dust from a provider point of view, moreso if the above changes were made. No way I would give anyone API access to CGMiner configs that have taken countless hours of tweaking. The intermediate pool idea is fantastic. Hopefully you will add servers in the U.S. and Asia soon.

One last thing: it might be worth mentioning to renters that using vardiff pools is a good idea given that everything goes through an intermediate proxy. One of my rigs is being used for DOGE on a pool with a static work diff of 64 which is far from efficient.
willittobe

Activity: 141

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:04:45 AM

Besides a communication channel, we need some kind of feedback or rating system between renters/leasers. Like others have mentioned, "hash verified" would also be a good designation to have.

I'm sure the to-do list is already getting pretty big and eventually all desired features will be added in. Smiley

gunner0136

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:06:28 AM

I think it would be a good idea to add a rating system for rigs as well.

After 6 hours of mining (at least thats what I would use) the renter is allowed to rate the rig 1-5 stars and put in a comment about the rig.  The rig owner should also be able to make a response on the feedback given by the renter.  I would also like the list of rigs to be sortable by Hashrate, Price Per Hashrate, and Rating for the rig.
Gradius

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:08:39 AM

When can we expect SHA256 compatibility?
starwulfe

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:10:18 AM

A rating system would be good, or a link to a reputation thread.
Pustul

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:12:09 AM

Overall I have to say that this service ROCKS and will leave leaserig in the dust from a provider point of view, moreso if the above changes were made. No way I would give anyone API access to CGMiner configs that have taken countless hours of tweaking. The intermediate pool idea is fantastic. Hopefully you will add servers in the U.S. and Asia soon.

Maybe from a provider point of view this is better, but for the leaser I think leaserig is much better because you can see the real hashrate and where it's really mining (these infos are coming directly from api), you can also set multiple pools. In betarigs when the payment is confirmed you just see: Mining!
You don't really know if everything is ok and you don't know the real hashrate of the rig, plus the proxy adds a lot of rejects and at the end from the 3 pools I've leased to try the service only one was good, the other were reporting about 2/3 of the announced hashrate.

I know this is beta so I won't ask for money back or anything but I think leaserig with the controls djeZo makes to accept new rig providers and the time it takes to setup everything has more serious providers.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:25:49 AM

a guide for noobs would be a good idea.

however, some of them might be looking to strike a block? therefore, what do they care about ROI when they are effectively gambling without having to invest in the equipment, space, power costs and time to set-up.

rock-up to hash-vegas with your money and you're rolling the block dice.
csshih

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:40:13 AM

the "csshih" rigs are mine if anyone has problems.

for some strange reason csshih_1 was rented out for 24 hrs a couple hours ago-
now it's being rented out to someone else with a 6 hr lease. not sure what happened there.

would like:
usa servers?
status page of all my own miners for rent, who's rented, how many hours rented for, remaining, canceled? (I'm not sure what happened with csshih_1 as i'm not really paying much attention, just looked at the other screen and noticed that all the miners on betarigs.com was switched on).
donation %? or even fees, this is a good service that deserves to be paid for.

you've got a good thing going here. Smiley

it would be great if somehow the system could measure how many mhash submitted total to determine the uptime.
I generally under-rate my rigs in the case of network downtime.
enzo86

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:48:17 AM

I gave it a try and so far so good. I rented one rig for 24h to try it out. Hashrate looks stable after 10-15 mins. It took altogether 27 minutes to transfer BTC from Cryptsy to betarigs.com (including one confirmation) and activate the rig.

Looks like you rented my rig  CryptoHasher #100, Let me know if you have any issues.
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:53:02 AM

Maybe from a provider point of view this is better, but for the leaser I think leaserig is much better because you can see the real hashrate and where it's really mining (these infos are coming directly from api), you can also set multiple pools. In betarigs when the payment is confirmed you just see: Mining!
You don't really know if everything is ok and you don't know the real hashrate of the rig, plus the proxy adds a lot of rejects and at the end from the 3 pools I've leased to try the service only one was good, the other were reporting about 2/3 of the announced hashrate.

I know this is beta so I won't ask for money back or anything but I think leaserig with the controls djeZo makes to accept new rig providers and the time it takes to setup everything has more serious providers.

As a lessee, surely you can see that a rig is mining for you by creating a worker for it on whatever pool you want it pointed to? You would have to do that in order to provide credentials in the first place. Ditto for the speed. If you lease a 2MH/s rig then you should expect to see 1.8MH/s+ for that worker at the pool end (90%+ efficiency being the target). I can certainly see how it would be much easier to have all of that information available right from your Betarigs account though. Hopefully that's "coming soon".

Regarding rejects, 4 of my rigs are rented out and have reject rates of 2% to 4%, the 4% being the DOGE pool with a static diff of 64 that I mentioned in my original post. All of them have W/U figures higher than 90% of total hash rate which seems pretty good with a proxy in the middle. As I mentioned, lessees making sure to use vardiff pools would really help here as would U.S. and Asia presences.

Not sure about your "serious providers" comment at the end there. I would consider myself one at 10 rigs and 40MH/s total, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that no third party is ever going to have CGMiner API access to $26,000 worth of hardware and the associated configurations over a public IP address. No way no how.

gunner0136

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:59:10 AM

Only thing I want to figure out is how to get these <Worker is not authorized> rejects to go away.  It has hurt my client and it is not a problem I could foresee when I put my miner up to be rented.
Pustul

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:11:35 AM

As a lessee, surely you can see that a rig is mining for you by creating a worker for it on whatever pool you want it pointed to? You would have to do that in order to provide credentials in the first place. Ditto for the speed. If you lease a 2MH/s rig then you should expect to see 1.8MH/s+ for that worker at the pool end (90%+ efficiency being the target). I can certainly see how it would be much easier to have all of that information available right from your Betarigs account though. Hopefully that's "coming soon".

Regarding rejects, 4 of my rigs are rented out and have reject rates of 2% to 4%, the 4% being the DOGE pool with a static diff of 64 that I mentioned in my original post. All of them have W/U figures higher than 90% of total hash rate which seems pretty good with a proxy in the middle. As I mentioned, lessees making sure to use vardiff pools would really help here as would U.S. and Asia presences.

Not sure about your "serious providers" comment at the end there. I would consider myself one at 10 rigs and 40MH/s total, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that no third party is ever going to have CGMiner API access to $26,000 worth of hardware and the associated configurations over a public IP address. No way no how.

For the worker what I meant is that you have to wait for the pool to report your worker is hashing and it can takes time, with api information you can directly see if your pool is live or not and switch to the pool instantaneously.

I know that with a hashrate of say 2000 Mh/s you won't get exactly that in the pool, but from the 3 rigs I rented I've got the following:
1: 1.48 announced, 1.4-1.5 reported by the pool
2: 2.8 announced, 1-2.5 reported by the pool
3: 2 announced 0.5-1.5 reported by the pool

That's not really 90% except for the first one and my pool use vardiff.

For the "serious providers" of course I didn't want to generalize but I think since betarigs is open to anyone and you can't verify hashrate before renting it's easier to have bad experiences. But you'll have problems and very good rigs both websites. It's just my little experience and I shouldn't have said it like that.

About the API access you don't give full access just pool management.
csshih

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:26:07 AM

bizarre.

csshih_1 and csshih_3 just switched off of betarigs, even though I still see that they're rented out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: