Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:42:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061063 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kieths

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:04:04 PM

Wizkid,

Sincere thanks for the effort, and for 'making time' where there was none to help out the miners who've stuck with it, and to remind those that haven't, that you are truly committed to this site and community, though you have other obligations as well, just like the rest of us. 

I was traveling when I did a refresh and the payout came through. Tired from travel, I thought my eyes had blurred, and the number in my wallet hadn't just doubled, but also gained a zero!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:25:07 PM

BTW, thanks for not running off with that $120k worth of Bitcoin, wiz. Must have been tempting.  Now get back to work! Tongue

Never actually tempting.  They're not my funds, so, would never treat them as such.

my payment didnt turn up - was my hashing processed? all seems right on my end apart from lack of deposit

Everyone with a balance of ~0.01 BTC or higher was paid.   If you haven't earned that much or more yet, then your balance is just still accumulating.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
bbuser

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:02:54 AM

Hey guys, I have an old Eligius url and my password but I can't load the URL. How do I get into my account? I don't remember my address, just password. Any help? Thanks.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:27:35 AM

thx for update!

Any eta for new/updated site?
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:57:03 PM
Merited by BayAreaCoins (1)

Hey guys, I have an old Eligius url and my password but I can't load the URL. How do I get into my account? I don't remember my address, just password. Any help? Thanks.
No, you don't. Eligius has never had passwords of any kind.

bbuser

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 05:29:14 PM

No, you don't. Eligius has never had passwords of any kind.

Ok, that's strange because I wrote down a password and url. How come I can't access that URL though? Have things been changed? I don't remember the wallet address I used if I had to have inputted one. It was 3 years ago.
Lucko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:32:45 AM

The bulk of the remaining offline wallet funds are funds held and currently untouchable in the offline wallets from the withholding attack over a year ago which is awaiting legal confirmation before I can distribute it to affected miners from that time period.
Any news on that one... It is now over 2 years...
Pyrojason
Copper Member

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:24:03 AM

The bulk of the remaining offline wallet funds are funds held and currently untouchable in the offline wallets from the withholding attack over a year ago which is awaiting legal confirmation before I can distribute it to affected miners from that time period.
Interesting. Any idea which miners were affected?
Dropwise

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:30:01 PM

I had donated a small amount to stats development before the pool died. As the stats were never further developed, is it possible to have the donation returned??
paxtoncamaro91

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:24:06 AM

I had donated a small amount to stats development before the pool died. As the stats were never further developed, is it possible to have the donation returned??
i asked the magic 8-ball for you and it said ● Very doubtful

all joking aside a donation is just that and never treated as anything else im not a mod or anything in the pool other then another miner but   . thats like asking the red cross for the money you donated because you feel fema does a better job  
preshpresh

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:46:16 AM

i gave up mining here, moved to mmpool.

1Th/s aint what it used to be

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
Lucko

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:01:49 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 10:48:59 PM by Lucko

Interesting. Any idea which miners were affected?
The one they were mining at that time... And since this is taking so long problem is that a wallet from that time was compromised... I think it is about 230 BTC in total(not just me all the miners)... But it is so far back that I forgot... But it is somewhere in this thread...

EDIT: When looking for a number I found this. And it is BS...

Block Withholding Attack

A potential disposition of funds associated with the admitted June 2014 block withholding attack was also researched extensively by counsel.  The initial resolution was to distribute the funds to the shelved shares during the time period associated with miners who would have potentially been affected by the withholding attack.  This was investigated, and the CPPSRB share log for that time period was analyzed extensively.  It was concluded that the pool’s reward system had already earned enough as a result of short term luck to cover the vast majority of shelved shares that would have potentially been affected by the attack.  Further analysis showed that the majority of the addresses from that time period actually had no shelved shares that would have otherwise been paid had the attack not happened.  Any that did still have any shelved share deficit that could be linked to the attack were either no longer active on the pool or blockchain since that time and/or, if awarded a calculated potential deficit, would be under the 2 TBC low-balance donation cut off balance after such an award was made.  Only a very small number of miners did not fit into these categories as it appears that miner turnover was quite high since then.

General morals coincided with the advice of counsel in this case.  It would not be right to utilize a distribution method that disproportionately benefited the pool itself (in the form of hundreds of low-balance donations) and instead actual miners should be awarded.

The distribution of these funds went as follows, as approved by legal counsel:
Miners from the time period that were no longer active at Eligius nor had a balance but had a potential reward deficit of more than 2 TBC (0.00131072 BTC) had those shelved CPPSRB shares awarded.
Miners from the time period that were either still active at Eligius and/or had an outstanding balance such that awarding their shelved shares from the time period would bring their balance to 2 TBC (0.00131072 BTC) had those shelved CPPSRB shares awarded.
The above only helped less than 0.5% of miners in the final Eligius-Ra payout and left over 98% of the block withholding attack related funds unrewarded.
The remaining funds were awarded to shares starting at the top of the CPPSRB share log.  This had the effect of rewarding a large number of shelved shares of miners who have been active at Eligius over the past half-year or more.

The end result was that these funds were awarded to Eligius miners in a fashion where no miner had an unfair advantage, and, perhaps most importantly, 100% of the funds went to Eligius miners.
I was mining at that time... and have less then 90% of shares rewarded but didn't receive nothing... And that would be about 0,34BTC. And the idea to give this to current users. No! Users from that time were effected not users that were mining 2,5 years later... So you should give it to users from Juny 2014 back since that would happened in a normal process that wouldn't take 2,5 years... And we were screaming long before June 2014 that this was happening...
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:30:09 AM

I was mining at that time... and have less then 90% of shares rewarded but didn't receive nothing... And that would be about 0,34BTC. And the idea to give this to current users. No! Users from that time were effected not users that were mining 2,5 years later... So you should give it to users from Juny 2014 back since that would happened in a normal process that wouldn't take 2,5 years... And we were screaming long before June 2014 that this was happening...
(only just catching up with this farce myself)
agree. this was handled badly and advices from counsel were downright barmy. I left off mining at eligius because of all this nonsense, hoping one day to be paid back my money. instead they sent it to a new round of suckers.
stupid of me to trust anyone in bitcoin however well-intentioned they may be.

kieths

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:05:16 PM

It seems to me that the pool did not 'die', only the stats stopped updating after the pool backend upgrade.
As recently as May 25, 2017, we received a payout, and though stats aren't giving us the warm fuzzy we'd like, the dev is still on the scene, and does write from time to time.
I understand what it's like to be saturated with a day job to the exclusion of any hobbies, even for weeks at a time.

I continue to mine, but like others, I too would appreciate some update to the stats, if even if it's just to show one's accumulated balance (especially with BTC's current exchange rate).
But I'd personally be satisfied if we could just get payouts on a monthly / bi-monthly basis for users with a balance of over 0.01 BTC.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:19:28 AM

The one they were mining at that time... And since this is taking so long problem is that a wallet from that time was compromised... I think it is about 230 BTC in total(not just me all the miners)... But it is so far back that I forgot... But it is somewhere in this thread...

Not sure what you're referring to as far as "a wallet from that time was compromised".  Eligius has never had any pool funds or wallets compromised.

I described in detail at the beginning of this year the disposition of funds held as a result of the block withholding attack, and they were distributed accordingly.  The withholding attack's effects were spread across thousands of miners, and thus very few ended up with any significant impact from it.  I spent a great deal of time going over all of the details as best as possible while sitting with legal counsel on this matter.  I forget the exact words used, but an analogy along the lines of "Going to an abandoned house and placing money in a dresser drawer" was made when I was going over the miner addresses that had been inactive both on Eligius and the blockchain for multiple years.  Further, as mentioned in the original post, the bulk of the shelved shares accumulated by miners during the withholding period were actually paid by subsequent pool luck from that time period.  The discovery of the block withholding attack was roughly three years ago at this point.  I personally funded legal counsel costs towards the end of last year in order to finally resolve the matter.  I consider this a completely closed matter at this point.

As of the most recent payout all blocks found by Eligius-Hu have been distributed to miners.  Eligius-Hu's offline wallet holds a bit over 1 BTC worth of miner funds as the sum of funds due to miners who have not yet reached the minimum payout amount (roughly 0.01 BTC).

When the pool finds its next block, I will process the payout accordingly.  I am still working on getting stats and automatic payouts back online, however the past several months have been exhausting (unrelated to Eligius) and I have not had the time required to complete everything needed.  My time is opening back up again, and I plan to move forward full force on completing these projects ASAP.

-wk

Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:26:22 AM
Merited by BayAreaCoins (2)

I forget the exact words used, but an analogy along the lines of "Going to an abandoned house and placing money in a dresser drawer" was made when I was going over the miner addresses that had been inactive both on Eligius and the blockchain for multiple years.
Aside from the specific matter, it sounds like the lawyer does not grasp how Bitcoin works. Addresses are only ever used by one sender (and normally should only be used for a single transaction), so their activity level is directly related to whether Eligius is sending bitcoins to them. They should never be used for anything else. So if that was the only factor, I would say they should be assumed to still be active - there is no comparison to an abandoned house, since there is no basis to think they have been abandoned at all.

Just for future reference, or in case anyone else encounters a similar situation...

wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:34:18 AM

I forget the exact words used, but an analogy along the lines of "Going to an abandoned house and placing money in a dresser drawer" was made when I was going over the miner addresses that had been inactive both on Eligius and the blockchain for multiple years.
Aside from the specific matter, it sounds like the lawyer does not grasp how Bitcoin works. Addresses are only ever used by one sender (and normally should only be used for a single transaction), so their activity level is directly related to whether Eligius is sending bitcoins to them. They should never be used for anything else. So if that was the only factor, I would say they should be assumed to still be active - there is no comparison to an abandoned house, since there is no basis to think they have been abandoned at all.

Just for future reference, or in case anyone else encounters a similar situation...

Yes, I actually did go over those details with them, but it was agreed that such a distinction would probably be pretty difficult to grasp properly in a legal setting anyway.  Plus, when going over the possible related payouts, it didn't make much difference anyway resulting in the final distribution checklist that actually didn't take such potential inactivity into account and followed the original payout rules with a minimum payout of 2 TBC for miners that had no unpaid balance prior to distribution of these funds towards shelved shares.

Apologies for the ambiguity, as the inactivity type discussion actually wasn't actually taken into account much related to the block withholding attack funds, but more about the MtGox address held funds, which were still in fact distributed to those addresses regardless of inactivity.

The distribution of these funds went as follows, as approved by legal counsel:
Miners from the time period that were no longer active at Eligius nor had a balance but had a potential reward deficit of more than 2 TBC (0.00131072 BTC) had those shelved CPPSRB shares awarded.
Miners from the time period that were either still active at Eligius and/or had an outstanding balance such that awarding their shelved shares from the time period would bring their balance to 2 TBC (0.00131072 BTC) had those shelved CPPSRB shares awarded.
The above only helped less than 0.5% of miners in the final Eligius-Ra payout and left over 98% of the block withholding attack related funds unrewarded.
The remaining funds were awarded to shares starting at the top of the CPPSRB share log.  This had the effect of rewarding a large number of shelved shares of miners who have been active at Eligius over the past half-year or more.

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:47:02 AM

unacceptable
Last of the V8s 0: -0 / +0   2017-06-11   0.13000000   Reference   paid the wrong people. fudged the issue. do no trust this arrogant man (Delete)

Lucko

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:11:33 AM

Not sure what you're referring to as far as "a wallet from that time was compromised".  Eligius has never had any pool funds or wallets compromised.

I described in detail at the beginning of this year the disposition of funds held as a result of the block withholding attack, and they were distributed accordingly.  The withholding attack's effects were spread across thousands of miners, and thus very few ended up with any significant impact from it.  I spent a great deal of time going over all of the details as best as possible while sitting with legal counsel on this matter.  I forget the exact words used, but an analogy along the lines of "Going to an abandoned house and placing money in a dresser drawer" was made when I was going over the miner addresses that had been inactive both on Eligius and the blockchain for multiple years.  Further, as mentioned in the original post, the bulk of the shelved shares accumulated by miners during the withholding period were actually paid by subsequent pool luck from that time period.  The discovery of the block withholding attack was roughly three years ago at this point.  I personally funded legal counsel costs towards the end of last year in order to finally resolve the matter.  I consider this a completely closed matter at this point.
Address that I used at that time was compromised and that why it was inactive. I came hire and asked you about when you will redistribute this funds multiple times and also if it is posible to change the address. So the house had a note on it. Also since you told me that changing address is not posible  I did have a script ready to move founds of it ASAP running for 1,5 years waiting for this. So even if the house was abandoned it had a transporter in a dresser drawer and I have send multiple notes send to you... At current exchange rate your BS reason cost me a 1000$...

EDIT: Just do a search for my nickname and you will find me asking you and telling you about that...
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:44:38 AM

Address that I used at that time was compromised and that why it was inactive. I came hire and asked you about when you will redistribute this funds multiple times and also if it is posible to change the address. So the house had a note on it. Also since you told me that changing address is not posible  I did have a script ready to move founds of it ASAP running for 1,5 years waiting for this. So even if the house was abandoned it had a transporter in a dresser drawer and I have send multiple notes send to you... At current exchange rate your BS reason cost me a 1000$...

As noted in my last post earlier, inactivity did not actually prevent anyone from being paid who was due funds from this time period related to the block withholding attack.  You should probably re-read the distribution checklist that I re-quoted.  Inactivity on the pool only mattered at all if the unrewarded shelved shares from the affected period totaled less than 2 TBC (~0.001 BTC).  If it were less, well, sorry... it would have been a donation to the pool anyway, but instead it was decided to forgo that and distribute to other miners.  If it were more than 2 TBC, it was rewarded and distributed.  If you didn't get anything further from the Eligius-Ra closing payouts then you weren't due anything related to the block withholding attack, or weren't due more than ~0.001 BTC.

This matter has been closed for half a year now, so I'm not going to continue to waste time entertaining public posts about it that are just going to spread misinformation, especially to those who may not have been around back in 2014.  If you have a specific question or concern about your own payout from that time period: open a ticket, email me, PM me on IRC, etc.  Considering I've gotten only a few questions back in January regarding this particular topic, all of which were misunderstandings and resolved easily with clarification, I'm pretty sure the same would apply to others as well.  As may be obvious, I'm finally back to actively working on Eligius again.  Please don't waste the time I have by trying to make something out of long dead topics that are effectively unchangeable at this point anyway.

Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: