Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:09:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352315 times)
Karmagood (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:24:33 PM

I am launching a new forum for Indian crypto enthusiasts. I wanted to have a giveaway of karma's to first registrants but its been 30 hours and the dev hasnt replied on the question of sponsoring it. I think i might select a different coin

Hi, can you send me the link so that I can see the site.  We can donate for your first registrants.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 02:30:50 PM

I am launching a new forum for Indian crypto enthusiasts. I wanted to have a giveaway of karma's to first registrants but its been 30 hours and the dev hasnt replied on the question of sponsoring it. I think i might select a different coin

Hi, can you send me the link so that I can see the site.  We can donate for your first registrants.

www.cryptoindia.org
Karmagood (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:52:43 PM

From the Devs:

I just read the last page of posts and we are working on figuring out who are the trolls versus who are the people who have legitimate concerns.  When you see people bashing the Devs or making statements that scare people into selling, typically it is a troll looking to drive price down.  Either way we are investigating it as we want the coin to succeed.  This is a community effort, the Devs are in it just like you are, many of you have way more Karmacoin than we do also so help versus bashing is key.

Here is what we know:

- There is a private pool with significant 1GH hash power (about 1400 GPU cards) who has been consistently mining this coin from the beginning
- Right now pool.karmacoin.info and hashstrke.com make up 1.5GH, the private pool makes up 1GH to get us to 2.5 for the whole network
- Rewards are going to change in 3-4 days and we have other launches happening with the first version of the updated site coming at the same time.  The value will go up when that happens so someone right now would be motivated to try to drop the value in order to buy it cheap.

Here is what I need from the community:
- We need others to take a look at the data and see if there is something uneven, we will do the same but there are way more people in the community than there are us so we need the help.  You can PM me or post the results you find, either is fine
- Any CS people (yes we are CS people as well) please take a look at the reward algorithm (it is the same DOGE used and no one exploited that as far as we know), and see if you can find a flaw in it.  It is in src/main.cpp the function GetBlockValue
- If you do find issues, suggestions on how to fix them.  The one request we had so far is to change the rewards program.

Once we get more feedback and information, we'll summarize it for everyone with what should be done.
vtbean79

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:58:19 PM

From the Devs:

I just read the last page of posts and we are working on figuring out who are the trolls versus who are the people who have legitimate concerns.  When you see people bashing the Devs or making statements that scare people into selling, typically it is a troll looking to drive price down.  Either way we are investigating it as we want the coin to succeed.  This is a community effort, the Devs are in it just like you are, many of you have way more Karmacoin than we do also so help versus bashing is key.

Here is what we know:

- There is a private pool with significant 1GH hash power (about 1400 GPU cards) who has been consistently mining this coin from the beginning
- Right now pool.karmacoin.info and hashstrke.com make up 1.5GH, the private pool makes up 1GH to get us to 2.5 for the whole network
- Rewards are going to change in 3-4 days and we have other launches happening with the first version of the updated site coming at the same time.  The value will go up when that happens so someone right now would be motivated to try to drop the value in order to buy it cheap.

- We need others to take a look at the data and see if there is something uneven, we will do the same but there are way more people in the community than there are us so we need the help.  You can PM me or post the results you find, either is fine
- Any CS people (yes we are CS people as well) please take a look at the reward algorithm (it is the same DOGE used and no one exploited that as far as we know), and see if you can find a flaw in it.  It is in src/main.cpp the function GetBlockValue
- If you do find issues, suggestions on how to fix them.  The one request we had so far is to change the rewards program.

Once we get more feedback and information, we'll summarize it for everyone with what should be done.

+1.  I love karmacoin because of this kind of active response from the devs.  I don't think any other coins I've participated before had this.  Thanks!
pandher
Legendary

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:02:29 PM

From the Devs:

Here is what we know:

No update for me?
c4shm3n

Activity: 719
Merit: 500

CLOAK Private,Secure & Untraceable Digitalcurrency

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:04:17 PM

From the Devs:

Here is what we know:

Sounds good. Lets do together this job and dont attack the dev! If people has problems with dev or karma they should left this coin we dont need this trouble in the community! So people help to grow Karma and dont attack it!!!

I think you forget the main thing on KARMA = DOING GOOD IS GOOD! (attacking isnt good! help better to find a solution!!!)

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | CloakCoin Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digitalcurrency |  Enigma
Chat | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Forum |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram | Faucet
ITDiver

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:18:30 PM

is any issues with payment right now? I've mining at pool.karmacoin.info for a few hours but wasn't revarded yet, but blocks founds successfully.. doesn't understand what happens.
Karmagood (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:22:49 PM

is any issues with payment right now? I've mining at pool.karmacoin.info for a few hours but wasn't revarded yet, but blocks founds successfully.. doesn't understand what happens.

The payout processes are behind about 1.5-2 hours in processing payments.  They will come out (no one has had an issue of not receiving the rewards) and it is finding blocks it's just there is a process on the pool that is taking a long time to run.  It will be sped up today as well.
ITDiver

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:36:06 PM

The payout processes are behind about 1.5-2 hours in processing payments.  They will come out (no one has had an issue of not receiving the rewards) and it is finding blocks it's just there is a process on the pool that is taking a long time to run.  It will be sped up today as well.

I see, thanks!
ManicMeddler

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:36:51 PM

if you read the pool it says batch jobs are behind and they're working to fix

pandher
Legendary

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:51:15 PM

So peeps the amazing dev has helped a lot. Anyone else interested in donating to a giveaway?
fude99

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:54:02 PM

有中文说明吗?

New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/  无为而治  ——老子
MCAltcoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:05:23 PM

I am buying KARM all the time.  If anyone has issues with this coin, sell to me.  I am looking to obtain at least 1 billion coins within the next 2 weeks and I am half way there.  I want to beat the momentum that has already begun.  I will give 10% of my holding away to interesting projects. 
mison

Activity: 224
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:07:56 PM

From the Devs:

Here is what we know:

we do not need to trolling.. it is just facts.

Right now pool.karmacoin.info and hashstrke.com make up 1.5GH, the private pool makes up 1GH
how much Ghs has these two sites  more than 2 days ago? Was 51% attack possible? Because it will explain a lot.

I just ask, why people at pools have less rewards as expected. One day ago I was count last 20 blocks at pool.karmacoin.info and average reward was about 350 000KARM instead at least 500 000 (ideal is 755 000) (I am not remember exact numbers.. it was write in this thread). I am with KARMA from day one, and I want to some profit of course, so I am just asking , why you do not set fix reward system. Everyone must noticed that he have less karmacoins as expected. Just watch your hasharate, difficulty and expected rewards at last one day.
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:14:34 PM

有中文说明吗?

Does this coin provide new innovative features that are coming out with new coins like built in coin mixing technology? Scrypt is a faulty legacy algo that makes your gpu run very hot. The new algos make gpus run 30% coolers, use over 20% less electricity and increase hash rate by 500-1000%. I am hashing at over 7megahash a second with a couple of r9 290x with 20 intensity and running STEADY at 68c with 1900 rpm fan speed. Sorry to say that any coin that still uses scrypt is going to die to the new breeds of innovative coins that actually provide something useful to the crypto community besides a new catchy name and a cute logo. Sorry to tell everyone "mooncoin" is not professional and will never be taken seriously in a corporate sense. Sure they're fun for 13 year old to swap each other moon, doge, and fairycoins but they are a joke to the cryptocurrency movement. Anyone holding these types of coins aren't thinking "I can't wait to be able to buy a house with mooncoins" they are thinking "can't wait for mooncoin to spike so i can dump them and buy a coin actually worth something".
bigc1984

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:16:19 PM

From the Devs:

Here is what we know:

Right now pool.karmacoin.info and hashstrke.com make up 1.5GH, the private pool makes up 1GH
how much Ghs has these two sites  more than 2 days ago? Was 51% attack possible? Because it will explain a lot.

I just ask, why people at pools have less rewards as expected. One day ago I was count last 20 blocks at pool.karmacoin.info and average reward was about 350 000KARM instead at least 500 000 (ideal is 755 000) (I am not remember exact numbers.. it was write in this thread). I am with KARMA from day one, and I want to some profit of course, so I am just asking , why you do not set fix reward system. Everyone must noticed that he have less karmacoins as expected. Just watch your hasharate, difficulty and expected rewards at last one day.

profit mongers. This coin is garbage and you know it.
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:17:01 PM

From the Devs:

Here is what we know:

a 51% attack is not likely even with a massive pool. The 51% is based on a chance that a big string of blocks will be found in a row and a block will be duplicated, thus creating a new chain. This is very relevant to bitcoin, but not litecoin or any coin with a block time of under 2 minutes.

TLDR: 51% is not likely to succeed, even with a large percentage of the net hastrate.

A better explanation is here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1cssqr/the_math_why_litecoin_is_more_secure_than_bitcoin/

mison

Activity: 224
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

有中文说明吗?

Does this coin provide new innovative features that are coming out with new coins like built in coin mixing technology? Scrypt is a faulty legacy algo that makes your gpu run very hot. The new algos make gpus run 30% coolers, use over 20% less electricity and increase hash rate by 500-1000%. I am hashing at over 7megahash a second with a couple of r9 290x with 20 intensity and running STEADY at 68c with 1900 rpm fan speed. Sorry to say that any coin that still uses scrypt is going to die to the new breeds of innovative coins that actually provide something useful to the crypto community besides a new catchy name and a cute logo. Sorry to tell everyone "mooncoin" is not professional and will never be taken seriously in a corporate sense. Sure they're fun for 13 year old to swap each other moon, doge, and fairycoins but they are a joke to the cryptocurrency movement. Anyone holding these types of coins aren't thinking "I can't wait to be able to buy a house with mooncoins" they are thinking "can't wait for mooncoin to spike so i can dump them and buy a coin actually worth something".
tell me more in PM what algo you use. I do not know nothing about other algo except SHA256 and scrypt
trader666

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:28:57 PM

You guys should market this coin to India. Big business is waiting there.
bigc1984

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:30:39 PM

You guys should market this coin to India. Big business is waiting there.

Market what? There's nothing to market that anyone under the age of 13 would be interested in. Are you suppose to try and sell people on this coin based off the fact its called "mooncoin" alone? Good luck.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: