Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:38:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 [924] 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
crzybilly

Activity: 703
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:43:43 AM

Additionally, the main issue is that the wallet is currently at -828.5, when before you fixed the syncing problem on the 19th it had well over 1 million.

wallet unsync -> balance=0
site balance= (wallet balance) - (reserved for referral) .

all will be a normal after wallet sync.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 04:43:34 PM

hello

so are the bugs resolved ?
personally i downloaded the wallet last week
 i did 165 mint from the faucet before it s dead, , wallet is running normal, excepted that it using to much memory (780mb  overs wallets does 100-300)

but i can't withdraw from cryptsy, they waiting for an update  Huh

This is a n issue that need to be resolved sooner or later. Memory & CPU usage has to be contained. Its like the debt problem how much of it you will allow before everything becomes inefficient & breaks. We better solve it now rather than kicking the can down the road. We have gone from 100 MB to 700 MB in a year and half. Bitcoin is centralizing due to this. They have put out something in latest release that allows people to store only last 500 MB (or more but 500 MB is minimum) of blocks only because its impossible to change the blockchain from that far behind. We have to look at such a solution or some other way of reducing both HDD & RAM usage. Otherwise it becomes a decision of how much resources (RAM, CPU, Internet Bandwidth, Power etc) are you willing to invest to get few dollars every week. We need to root out the inefficiency.

I agree, that we should look into reducing the RAM usage especially. CPU has seemed to me to stay fairly consistent, but RAM slowly rises. Have we been able to pinpoint exactly what is causing Mintcoin RAM & CPU to run so hot? Is it possibly because there are so many micro-fractional amounts stuck in limbo?  When I look at a mintcoin balance, it looks like it goes out 8 decimals (.00000000) but it looks like the mintcoin network minimum transaction only goes out to 4 decimals (.0000)? Am I correct about this? I don't really get the reason for this, but then the wallet still seems to track the balance out to 8 decimals, so is there always a microfractional amount lingering around in addresses? I am not really sure if this is correct, anyone else have anything to say about this? Also, Is it possible to change the decimal place structure of the mintcoin? would there be any benefits of that or downsides?

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:29:15 PM

I think it is important to get all of these things hammered out and dealt with before Mintcoin gets so big, and so many users.

I think we should try to maintain Mintcoin at least under 1GB of RAM usage, maybe even less than 500MB if possible. I don't know what is possible though. I don't really know what is causing it.

What are all the available options to reducing the RAM?

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
someguy4

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 11:16:49 PM

hello

i did 165 mint from the faucet before it s dead, , wallet is running normal, excepted that it using to much memory (780mb  overs wallets does 100-300)

This is a n issue that need to be resolved sooner or later. Memory & CPU usage has to be contained. Its like the debt problem how much of it you will allow before everything becomes inefficient & breaks. We better solve it now rather than kicking the can down the road. We have gone from 100 MB to 700 MB in a year and half. Bitcoin is centralizing due to this. They have put out something in latest release that allows people to store only last 500 MB (or more but 500 MB is minimum) of blocks only because its impossible to change the blockchain from that far behind. We have to look at such a solution or some other way of reducing both HDD & RAM usage. Otherwise it becomes a decision of how much resources (RAM, CPU, Internet Bandwidth, Power etc) are you willing to invest to get few dollars every week. We need to root out the inefficiency.

I agree, that we should look into reducing the RAM usage especially. CPU has seemed to me to stay fairly consistent, but RAM slowly rises. Have we been able to pinpoint exactly what is causing Mintcoin RAM & CPU to run so hot? Is it possibly because there are so many micro-fractional amounts stuck in limbo?  When I look at a mintcoin balance, it looks like it goes out 8 decimals (.00000000) but it looks like the mintcoin network minimum transaction only goes out to 4 decimals (.0000)? Am I correct about this? I don't really get the reason for this, but then the wallet still seems to track the balance out to 8 decimals, so is there always a microfractional amount lingering around in addresses? I am not really sure if this is correct, anyone else have anything to say about this? Also, Is it possible to change the decimal place structure of the mintcoin? would there be any benefits of that or downsides?
There shoudnt be fractional amounts stuck around, Bitcoin had an issue a little while back where the amounts didnt have trailing zero's (about a year ago). But I expect that the internal transactions do have trailing zero's in mint at this point, I'm not sure where you are seeing the .0000 but blockchain explorer etc. can report however they like and just not show the trailing 0's this wont affect the blockchain.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 11:51:43 PM

@fuzzy

v2002 all sync'd on WIN machine
(so was working this is not connections/.conf related)
imported a wallet  >> crash

splash/load screen @ "Done Loading"
alert msg popup = "cannot intialize keypool" [okay]

click that and she crashes

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 12:47:22 AM

@fuzzy

v2002 all sync'd on WIN machine
(so was working this is not connections/.conf related)
imported a wallet  >> crash

splash/load screen @ "Done Loading"
alert msg popup = "cannot intialize keypool" [okay]

click that and she crashes

I'll take a look and see if i can duplicate this issue
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 02:39:33 AM

A new update has pushed for the BBcode, here's the link to the changes. Sending PM to mintcointeam, will try to keep watch of any other changes that may be needed & check PM's daily.
https://github.com/TestingCrypto/ANN-OP-Thread-BBcode/commit/25f1c543a64cc4bd682b2cf2d2e3213d24bc06c9

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:55:39 AM

hello

Here is what Presstab said about RAM usage.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.msg11767413#msg11767413

I hope there is a solution because a system with 8/16GB RAM is fairly normal these days & to give 1GB to just one coin is too much. Also for HDD usage i think we should look at what Bitcoin 0.11.0.0 has introduced(https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.11.0#block-file-pruning). I am not sure if this is useful or possible with Mintcoin, but with my layman understanding i assume this will help with HDD usage but with some restrictions.
duplan

Activity: 269
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:16:17 AM

XDN — aka duckNote » DarkNote » DigitalNote — moved its chain out of RAM ; their approach works flawless .
The code is open source , MIT style , the principles and workings could be potentially useful to adjourn ours .

I think we should study a way to lower the memory footprint , close all memory leaks as soon as possible ,
it is essential we adapt our technology to fit the needs of the more wholesome vision MINT wants to meet .
crzybilly

Activity: 703

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:27:28 PM

Mintcoin faucet works again.
Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:17:33 PM

XDN — aka duckNote » DarkNote » DigitalNote — moved its chain out of RAM ; their approach works flawless .
The code is open source , MIT style , the principles and workings could be potentially useful to adjourn ours .

I think we should study a way to lower the memory footprint , close all memory leaks as soon as possible ,
it is essential we adapt our technology to fit the needs of the more wholesome vision MINT wants to meet .

How does it work?

If it works flawless we should take a solid look at implementation. The RAM issue going forward is the biggest threat I see to Mintcoin imo. Hard drive space is not as big of an issue, the blockchain is only about 2GB and hard drive space is cheaper and much easier to accomplish.

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
Fuzzbawls

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 11:11:20 PM

Lot of talk about RAM usage going on. While I do agree that it can become an issue down the road, it isn't as "game breaking" as the excessive CPU usage currently present in MINT. RAM, much like HD space, is a fairly inexpensive thing to acquire more of (with certain limits obviously). But processor inefficiency is a killer in that end users can't just add more CPU power to their computers.
sambiohazard

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:03:11 AM

Lot of talk about RAM usage going on. While I do agree that it can become an issue down the road, it isn't as "game breaking" as the excessive CPU usage currently present in MINT. RAM, much like HD space, is a fairly inexpensive thing to acquire more of (with certain limits obviously). But processor inefficiency is a killer in that end users can't just add more CPU power to their computers.
I agree, but if you are not mining on CPU or running other CPU intensive apps then Mint uses only 9-10% of a i5 quad core which is manageable, although it would be really nice to have it reduced. Also RAM can be upgraded but it will become an issue for adoption, a skeptic/cautious user would ditch something that uses RAM in GBs as opposed to bitcoin that only uses something like 200-400 MB. When competing in field of 10s of good altcoins these inefficiencies will pull us down.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:40:03 AM

I agree, but if you are not mining on CPU or running other CPU intensive apps then Mint uses only 9-10% of a i5 quad core which is manageable, although it would be really nice to have it reduced. Also RAM can be upgraded but it will become an issue for adoption, a skeptic/cautious user would ditch something that uses RAM in GBs as opposed to bitcoin that only uses something like 200-400 MB. When competing in field of 10s of good altcoins these inefficiencies will pull us down.

Mint PoS currently uses scrypt algorithm,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrypt
to have a permanent lower CPU & memory usage, would require switching to another algorithm .

Cool 
sambiohazard

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:55:48 AM

to have a permanent lower CPU & memory usage, would require switching to another algorithm .

Cool 

I am not sure about that. Archcoin also uses Scrypt algo but it hardly uses any CPU & 200-300 MB RAM and it is almost a year old too. I think we need a developer who knows what he is doing or study other coins to get best bits together. My best guess is that most of the issues are related to faster block times/lots of blocks to process. I see same problem with UTC/Ultracoin as well. This why downloading the blockchain takes too long, lots of headers to process.

Archcoin has 278K blocks in 1 year but we have 1.82M blocks in 1.5 years. Faster block time has a trade off of having lots of blocks. But as i said we need to stop guessing and hire a dev that can study the code and work out some solutions. Do we have no devs in the community who can help?
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:12:00 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 02:36:01 AM by kiklo

I am not sure about that. Archcoin also uses Scrypt algo but it hardly uses any CPU & 200-300 MB RAM and it is almost a year old too. I think we need a developer who knows what he is doing or study other coins to get best bits together. My best guess is that most of the issues are related to faster block times/lots of blocks to process. I see same problem with UTC/Ultracoin as well. This why downloading the blockchain takes too long, lots of headers to process.

Archcoin has 278K blocks in 1 year but we have 1.82M blocks in 1.5 years. Faster block time has a trade off of having lots of blocks. But as i said we need to stop guessing and hire a dev that can study the code and work out some solutions. Do we have no devs in the community who can help?

Arch currently only has 16,408,824 coins and their block speed is 1 minute.
Mint has a 30 second block speed , but if you watch the block explorer , it average 3 or 4 blocks per minute where as Arch averages 1 or 2 minutes before finding a block.

Was'nt Supasonic supposed to be the new Mint Dev?

FYI:
Sprouts has a 2.5 minute block time and a different algo and they sync very fast.
HoboNickel is 30 second block time with scrypt algo and they also use ~1 gig of ram.

Cool
Fuzzbawls

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:17:58 AM

Cool 

Both Supasonic and myself are actively working on updates and there is a lot of ground to cover. My previous post wasn't intended to come off as a request for somebody else to handle this, just a statement of fact that CPU utilization is higher than it needs to be. It is one item on the list of things to do.
sambiohazard

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:41:40 AM

Thats great to hear!! Keep forging your way, i will keep donating to dev bounty when i can. I just keep nudging when an issue comes up. I have no real skills that i can help with so i just keep talking about what can be done. heh. Grin
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:44:53 AM

The CPU is somewhat "high", but at least it seems to be constant, and not really increasing.... (at least from what I can see, am i wrong?) If so, I don't see that as much of a threat.
On the other-hand, the RAM is rising noticeably as months go by...

But maybe working on the CPU issues will also help solve some RAM issues?

EDIT: Thanks Fuzzballs and Supasonic, and all contributors, you are making a mintcoin the best!  Smiley
FYI: I just want to say, that I personally know of some big investment getting ready to flow in to mintcoin as these issues get resolved.

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
Fuzzbawls

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 04:27:49 AM

I've spent most of my time overhauling the GUI interface. This past week was spent ironing out the syncing/connection issues and making sure that is stable as well as working towards the removal of orphan blocks in user's local wallets.

Last night a crash issue was reported regarding the importing of wallets so I spent some time looking into that. And now...well...now i'm out of beer Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 [924] 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: