Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:12:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 [934] 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:13:54 PM

OMG. I have been waiting for a service like this! FINALLY!  The way I see it, this is basically a Mintcoin Bank! It allows everybody to get in on the minting bandwagon! Now there is no need to be wary of losing investment from not minting, as your balance will basically scale up with any money supply growth. This is exactly what I have been dreaming of for a long time! This is is a great advance that will push Mintcoin and proof of stake to the next level.
 I just hope they have very good security from hackers and that they don't try any sort of fractional reserve type of thing. If all these pieces are in place, this could  launch a Mintcoin revolution! I really hope this works out, and this can be a professional and trusted site for long-term wealth building.

When is this being released? Launch date? I can hardly wait to know the details and specifics!

Thank You!

Thank you for the feedback, we like to think this would be better than a bank as banks are not our friends nor do they have the best interest of their customers at heart. Speaking of interest who needs a lousy 1 to 2% interest yearly from a bank when they make a killing form the money their customers are saving with them... Its almost a joke. But I do get what you mean.

Steak Cloud is made up of dedicated IT professionals with skills ranging from data center management to multi skilled coders with a wide range of markup skills, security is our main concern even more than customer service and we know we are really good at providing a high standard of service through our live chat as well as our support ticket system mostly because our users tell us and rate our service level daily via our chat interface. We run high end dedicated servers that are monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We are here to provide value within the crypto space and restore trust where people were once let down by rogue services and careless developer, we prove this daily by dealing with support requests in a timely manner and providing our users with world calls support and at the same time working on industry leading ideas and services to help support the digital currency economy and communities.

Make sure you do not miss out on the mailer we have scheduled to go out over the weekend...
Head over to Steak Cloud and Subscribe with your BEST email address to be one of the first to be in the know about when and how the "Minting Pool" cloud pos minting service will be ready!

Regards

Increasing altcoin value
http://steakcloud.com/

Awesome! This is HUGE, imo.

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deepcreek

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:10:12 PM

Hello MINT community,

We have been hard at work doing research on your coin and have have the following plan in place to support MINT and its community.
First off we noticed that you guys have a large number of coins sitting on Exchanges, being a POS coin MINT should move at least 50% of the coins currently sitting on Exchanges to staking and not giving exchanges the ability to stake large volumes of coin or pulling the value down with such large volumes up for sale.

Here is what we would like to propose in order to get MINT listed as a payout option while at the same time really make the most of the listing on Steak Cloud and not let it simply turn into "Just another service" for MINT. At Steak Cloud our main aim is to increase altcoin value on exchanges, we have a proven track record of making this happen, so here is our plan of action for MINT.

Steak Cloud is launching its cloud staking service "Steak Cloud" this will run alongside our current POS mining operation but at the same time we would like to offer MINT the opportunity to be used as the altcoin we launch out service with, giving MINT even more exposure and the chance of a maximum value increase, If you are able to see the value in what we are proposing for mint please read further if not read further anyway you might start to piece it together better.

Why should I use Steak Cloud to stake my coins in the cloud?
This will help remove excess POS coins from exchanges and in turn raise the value of those coins in two ways.
  • Removing low value sell orders will help increase value
  • Stake these coins in the cloud with Steak Cloud and grow your investment

Most people do not stake their coins as they are not able to run a wallet 24/7 - Steak Cloud is the solution to this your problem.

To do this "Stakers" (Those who stake with Steak Cloud) will need to stake their coins for a minimum term of 1 month at a 10% staking fee. (remember you are not removing all your coins, just 50% of them.
Stakers will have the option of withdrawing earlier although this will result in an early withdraw cancellation fee of 20% rather than the standard 10% fee, this will help maintain value as most Stakers will not want to pull out early based on the difference in the fee.
Stakers will have the option to Stake for longer periods with less fees incurred, a bit like a bank only 1000% better and without the low rates of interest.

On top of this we add MINT as a payout option on Steak Cloud to miners, driving the price even higher with the daily buy orders we will put through on exchanges in order to pay our POS miners.

In order for this to work we will need the support of a good share of the MINT community. Let this all sync in, excuse the pun, and feel free to ask any questions.

Regards

Improving altcoin value
http://steakcloud.com

Very huge. All board the HYPE train. Thank you for taking your time into making something like this. It has been mentioned allot in the thread that we need something like this.

Deepcreek
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:29:19 PM

Hi!

My name is Konstantin. I'm cyber•Fund co-founder.
I'm happy to announce now Mintcoin is available in cyber•Fund real time portfolio tracker. So you can easy control your portfolio valuation of Mintcoin and other cryptoasset that you have in real time.

Look how we do it with our funds - https://cyber.fund/@satoshi_fund

If you are a developer you can easy improve Mintcoin main page using Chaingear on github. Stellar, Dash and NuBits have already upgraded their page.

Also  don't forget to follow Mintcoin on https://cyber.fund/system/Mintcoin.

Thank you for your attention, I will be happy if you will use our service.
Konstantin Lomashuk

The MintCoin GitHub link on your site is incorrect. The correct link is https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet
crzybilly

Activity: 703

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:51:17 PM

MintCoin added to C-Cex voting: https://c-cex.com/?id=vote
Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:46:35 PM

It would be nice to have a podcast soon. So many happenings with MINT going on Smiley

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
Tubularwindow

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:52:57 AM

Hello MINT community,

We have been hard at work doing research on your coin and have have the following plan in place to support MINT and its community.
First off we noticed that you guys have a large number of coins sitting on Exchanges, being a POS coin MINT should move at least 50% of the coins currently sitting on Exchanges to staking and not giving exchanges the ability to stake large volumes of coin or pulling the value down with such large volumes up for sale.

Here is what we would like to propose in order to get MINT listed as a payout option while at the same time really make the most of the listing on Steak Cloud and not let it simply turn into "Just another service" for MINT. At Steak Cloud our main aim is to increase altcoin value on exchanges, we have a proven track record of making this happen, so here is our plan of action for MINT.

Steak Cloud is launching its cloud staking service "Steak Cloud" this will run alongside our current POS mining operation but at the same time we would like to offer MINT the opportunity to be used as the altcoin we launch out service with, giving MINT even more exposure and the chance of a maximum value increase, If you are able to see the value in what we are proposing for mint please read further if not read further anyway you might start to piece it together better.

This will help remove excess POS coins from exchanges and in turn raise the value of those coins in two ways.

Most people do not stake their coins as they are not able to run a wallet 24/7 - Steak Cloud is the solution to this your problem.

To do this "Stakers" (Those who stake with Steak Cloud) will need to stake their coins for a minimum term of 1 month at a 10% staking fee. (remember you are not removing all your coins, just 50% of them.
Stakers will have the option of withdrawing earlier although this will result in an early withdraw cancellation fee of 20% rather than the standard 10% fee, this will help maintain value as most Stakers will not want to pull out early based on the difference in the fee.
Stakers will have the option to Stake for longer periods with less fees incurred, a bit like a bank only 1000% better and without the low rates of interest.

On top of this we add MINT as a payout option on Steak Cloud to miners, driving the price even higher with the daily buy orders we will put through on exchanges in order to pay our POS miners.

In order for this to work we will need the support of a good share of the MINT community. Let this all sync in, excuse the pun, and feel free to ask any questions.

Regards

http://steakcloud.com/static/admin/css/images/logo.png
Improving altcoin value

Wow. So this is basically, like pooled minting? Do I understand that right? Sort of like pooled mining for PoW coins this is pooled staking for proof of stake? Sounds awesome! Would love to know more! Sounds exciting!! Shocked

Yeah this would essentially be "Pooled Minting" so Steak Cloud will be launching a Minting pool very soon. We will keep this process as simple as mining POS currently is with Steak Cloud pool mining.

If there is anything specific you would like to know please so not hesitate to ask.

Regards

Steak Cloud Support

Can you make an instructional video on how to use Mintcoins with the Minting pool?

Can you implement some features that allow us to estimate how many new coins will be minted? (for example if you pledge 300,000 mintcoins for 6 months, will it show a calculation showing estimated mintings at the end of the period? Also a progress bar, showing % until complete.

I think these would be nice features to have. Thanks
Steak Cloud

Activity: 250

Gain Real Value On Exchanges

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 09:09:22 AM

Hello MINT community,

Regards

Improving altcoin value

Wow. So this is basically, like pooled minting? Do I understand that right? Sort of like pooled mining for PoW coins this is pooled staking for proof of stake? Sounds awesome! Would love to know more! Sounds exciting!! Shocked

Yeah this would essentially be "Pooled Minting" so Steak Cloud will be launching a Minting pool very soon. We will keep this process as simple as mining POS currently is with Steak Cloud pool mining.

If there is anything specific you would like to know please so not hesitate to ask.

Regards

Steak Cloud Support

Can you make an instructional video on how to use Mintcoins with the Minting pool?

Can you implement some features that allow us to estimate how many new coins will be minted? (for example if you pledge 300,000 mintcoins for 6 months, will it show a calculation showing estimated mintings at the end of the period? Also a progress bar, showing % until complete.

I think these would be nice features to have. Thanks

Yeah sure, the mintpool is in development, we will take all your suggestions into account.

A progress bar is a very cool idea indeed and will be implemented!

Please subscribe on the site for updated on release dates.

Proof Of Stake And Proof Of Work Mining Platform! http://www.steakcloud.com
Steak Cloud

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 11:33:21 PM

Hello MintCoin,

MINT is now ready to mine on Steak Cloud,

Please do not forget to use your MINT address as your username.

Regards

Improving altcoin value

crzybilly

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

Hello MintCoin,

Regards

Improving altcoin value

mining with mint address
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:20:33 AM

Hello MintCoin,

Regards

Improving altcoin value

Great news! I've switched over my GPU to add some x11 hash
mintmining

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:06:49 AM

is there like super beginner instructions for how to even set up mining. I am new to mining at all. Like do I need a special program for it or what? I really don't get how it works. I have a windows 7 OS. I would like to try mining some mints but I need some help. I already watched the video on steak cloud but how do i mine from my computer or something like cpu? I don't think I want to pay to rent mining rigs from some website, because would that even be profitable, since then id have to sell my mints for more btc to rent the machines.
crzybilly

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:09:23 AM

is there like super beginner instructions for how to even set up mining. I am new to mining at all. Like do I need a special program for it or what? I really don't get how it works. I have a windows 7 OS. I would like to try mining some mints but I need some help. I already watched the video on steak cloud but how do i mine from my computer or something like cpu? I don't think I want to pay to rent mining rigs from some website, because would that even be profitable, since then id have to sell my mints for more btc to rent the machines.

if you join IRC i'm sure someone will gladly help you. It's just too many questions that would flood pages of the forum so it would be easier to join IRC
mintmining

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:40:20 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 03:31:01 AM by mintmining

Okay thanks.

Edit:

Took me a while to find it. the Kiwiirc.

MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:40:43 AM

Great news! I've switched over my GPU to add some x11 hash

How many MINT would a 280x bring in per day?
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:18:39 PM

Honestly, I am not sure how many mintcoiners (if that is a word), would be interested in utilizing the mining functionality on steak cloud.

I mean if you already have some profitable mining gear this makes sense to do, and turn your mining operations onto steak cloud to essentially mine MINT. But if you are not already heavily involved in mining, and you are serious about the long-term prospects and sucesss of Mintcoin, it makes sense to just invest in buying Mintcoins directly, vs buying mining gear, and then trying to mine them.

I think I can speak for some others too, in the fact that that is one of the main reasons we got into Mintcoin - because mining is a waste of resources. Speaking from experience, I used to be a miner and have some rigs, but the problem is that your return decreases with time.

For example, let's say that you buy $1,000 of mining equipment today and put that to work for you mining, do the math for how many coins you will be able to obtain from that over the course of 3 years. Subtracting out the $1,000 costs of the equipment, electricity, and such...because in all likelihood after about 3 years, your mining rigs will become completely unprofitable (unprofitable = worthless). So let's say they have 3 year lifespan (being generous here I think).

Now, let's say that you buy $1,000 of Mintcoins (minting equipment so-to-speak) today and put that to work for you mining, do the math for how many coins you will be able to obtain from that over the course of FOREVER. You don't subtract out the cost of the $1,000 of the Mintcoins, because they are always going to be re-useable and salable (they don't go bad like mining gear). Basically zero electricity cost too, basically just cost enough to run a decent computer with internet connection. In all likelihood after 3 years, your mintcoins will be worth MORE. Since the coin's don't rust or go bad or anything, they stay in mint condition, you could just keep minting for many more years to come, basically forever! Mintcoins don't go worthless like mining gear would eventually do. Mining gear eventually stops mining, while Mintcoins will never stop minting. This is a huge paradigm shift.

This is why I am much more excited about Steak Cloud's pooled staking & minting development. It is like mining pool without any downside, IMO. Hoping to tell my friends and family about it if it works good, because a lot of them are so "un-techy" they need a service like this, because they won't even take the time to figure out how to run a mintcoin wallet for staking and minting. However it's easy for people to buy coins and send them over to a minting pool to just park them like in a bank account, and leave them to mint new coins without any effort on their part. This is really fantastic development.

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
Steak Cloud

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 04:06:52 PM

Hi Flyskyhigh,

You are correct in what you are saying here and it is not our intention to have anyone out there go out and invest large someone of money in mining equipment, we are however appealing to those who already have mining equipment and want to be able to mine any supported coin without the algo barrier imposed and as a result unlocking miner options across a broader spectrum of choice such as the ability to mine BTC with a scrypt rig. Although I will say that mining on Steak Cloud will always help raise the price of any coin that does not suffer at the hand of a community that offloads large amounts of coin into sell orders and as such communities need to be looking at the long term prospects of mining MINT now in order to raise the price long term, this will ultimately result in a good return over investment.

We are in the process of finalizing a deal with a mining farm that will provide Steak Cloud with wholesale hashing power across all algos, this will be provided from a country with the lowest electricity cost giving Steak Cloud users a truly profitable mining experience. I cant share too much on this subject just yet however, I am sure everyone will be excited about the prospect of making mining profitable.

As far as our POS Minting pool is concerned, we are delighted to see the positive responses.

Regards

http://steakcloud.com/

sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:42:48 PM

i dont like the idea of pooled staking, its just one more central point of vulnerability. Mining for MINT is good for current miners although purchasing is always a better option. I thought we learned our lessons with Mintpal. Unless there is multi-sig & 2FA security putting a lot of coins in one place in a hot wallet is just suicide. Also while minting on a "pool" you loose control of your coins to the pool which isnt what crypto is about. I wouldn't trust anyone to handle my coins let alone for 6 months. Also there is a 10% fee? if i am earning 10% interest & soon 5% and paying 10% fee then how is it better than staking on my PC for 10% interest while keeping control of my coins? I was surprised to see people are excited about this. WOW!

Also pulling off large amount of coins from exchange will reduce liquidity which will make coin more prone to huge price swings. I am not saying we should keep a lot of coins on exchange but if there are less coins it will be hard to create a market with enough volume so that investors can buy easily.

I am not sure if i am misunderstanding something or this is just plain BS/scam.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 06:09:43 PM

My perception is that if I want to put my SHA miners (in my possession) to work and receive mint, I can now do that without the extra step of selling btc for mint.  Steak does that for you if your too lazy or busy to make the btc to mint conversion at an exchange.

The possibility of cloud mining thru Steak is a bit more concerning when taking the history of cloud mining into account.

Let's remain cautious.  While I'm not suggesting that I have any direct knowledge of Steak and it's values, we shouldn't endorse a service like this too directly so it's associated with mintcoin's leadership and the coin itself.  It is a third party service.

Regardless, I remain optimistic and I wish Steak the best.  I hope this service will add value to the community and an earned trust will be mutually beneficial to both MINT and Steak.

STAY MINTY!  Smiley

Steak Cloud

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 06:56:27 PM

i dont like the idea of pooled staking, its just one more central point of vulnerability. Mining for MINT is good for current miners although purchasing is always a better option. I thought we learned our lessons with Mintpal. Unless there is multi-sig & 2FA security putting a lot of coins in one place in a hot wallet is just suicide. Also while minting on a "pool" you loose control of your coins to the pool which isnt what crypto is about. I wouldn't trust anyone to handle my coins let alone for 6 months. Also there is a 10% fee? if i am earning 10% interest & soon 5% and paying 10% fee then how is it better than staking on my PC for 10% interest while keeping control of my coins? I was surprised to see people are excited about this. WOW!

Also pulling off large amount of coins from exchange will reduce liquidity which will make coin more prone to huge price swings. I am not saying we should keep a lot of coins on exchange but if there are less coins it will be hard to create a market with enough volume so that investors can buy easily.

I am not sure if i am misunderstanding something or this is just plain BS/scam.

Hi sambiohazard,

I'm glad you don't like the idea as Steak Cloud caters to individualism, not everyone is going to like the same things or understand things in the same way and that is perfectly okay. With that said it's very important to bare in mind that just as you do not like the idea of staking coins with us or the fact that we will charge a fee there are people out there who cannot stake and are not able to run a wallet 24/7, so in theory you are more than likely not our target audience. Those that do see the value of Steak Cloud and how staking coins in the cloud will benefit them based on what we will offer, will have a different view and that is okay also.

As far as the fees goes, we take a 10% fee for providing a service to people that would not be staking in the first place so really there is no shock, horror or wow behavior being represented by Steak Cloud in any way.

I am swaying towards the idea that you are misunderstood about what we will be offering, individuals questioning our moral intent however is something that we are expecting to deal with and have been able to reassure users through providing a genuine service coupled with great support.  

Thank you for your thoughts.

Regards

Steak Cloud Support

MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:42:17 PM

Slightly offtopic, does Steakcloud accept vegans?
Pages: « 1 ... 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 [934] 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: