Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:35:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 [645] 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
vetalysd

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:33:36 PM

VOTE FOR MINTCOIN
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:59:12 PM

guys i'm wondering if its possible to include some free mint with every wallet? you know like an automated faucet? that way as soon as you install your wallet and the blockchain is updated you automatically receive 10 MINT or something. I think people would like it and then they can instantly send their friends some coins or receive some. And they see that the wallet actually works. Only a few people know how to access an exchange and buy coins. That's too complicated for a beginner.

what do you think? of course there would have to be a way to protect the wallets from being scammed automatically  Tongue

I really don't think that is possible and would just create a nightmare of people or bots downloading wallets every second just to get the free Mintcoins.

There are many ways to get new people involved and give them free coins.

Facebook tipping app...you can give and get a number of different coins  https://apps.facebook.com/wpmultitipping/

Twitter Tip Bot   https://twitter.com/MintTip

I've even shown people on their own computers how easy it is to download and instal the wallet and then use the faucet, Facebook Tipping and Twitter tipping. Now I'll be helping them get set up at Vault of Satoshi as well, this will give them another way of getting more Mint. Once they see how easy and fast things work, they really get into it, and the interest Mint pays makes them Happy Happy Happy...
navarthelol

Activity: 133
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:22:14 PM

I just come back from the post office. The Mintcoin Bylaws are on the way to the French administration. It should have them by Mibnday. From then, it will take one month to have them accepted, registered and published.

Hey what does this mean?
keshuker

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

aka. dibdab

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:34:00 PM

Hi, just as an update about the lovecrypto "voting". Kassado tried to extort more btc out of the bc community and when he didnt get any, he removed bc listing completely.

So mintcoin is back up as number 1 Smiley

But, just as a heads up. He is only out for your btc and he said that he doesnt care if i call him out as the scammer he truly is.
greenclover

Activity: 195

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:40:12 PM

I just come back from the post office. The Mintcoin Bylaws are on the way to the French administration. It should have them by Mibnday. From then, it will take one month to have them accepted, registered and published.

Hey what does this mean?

Mintcoin bylaws? what are you talking about? Grin
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:42:39 PM

Hey what does this mean?

What this means is, that the "Mintcoin Fund" which is going to be an NGO registered in the country of France, is getting very close to being a reality. Once this is completed and the Mintcoin Fund is up and running, it will be used to fund projects around the world that are geared towards a "Greener Environment".

So, all in all, this is very very good news for Mintcoin.

You can read more about the Fund here:  http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,400.0.html
forceuser

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:50:49 PM

Ok then, I'll stay out and let you guys do whatever it is you are doing. Please do the same for the BlackCoin thread (Sockpuppets included) Smiley

P.S. Good luck guys!

Thanks, buddy! You too!

+1  Smiley Smiley Smiley
BlackCoin 就是庄家控制的币多而已,所以等着拉高套小白,BC相比MINT有优势吗?不,我没有看到更多的优势,除了那个所谓 “0 premining",但是就目前来看,BC的分布并没有MINT均匀,还有BC是mint之后出来的,有抄袭MINT的嫌疑。

BlackCoin is the control of money more, so a higher set of mice, compared to BC MINT advantage? No, I don't see much advantage, in addition to the so-called "0 premining", but at the moment, the distribution of BC and no MINT uniform, and BC after Mint out, MINT suspected of plagiarism.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BB2MP9B2kNsjAV6NEpzC1HLwGQrnhcD3nA
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:53:09 PM

guys i'm wondering if its possible to include some free mint with every wallet? you know like an automated faucet? that way as soon as you install your wallet and the blockchain is updated you automatically receive 10 MINT or something. I think people would like it and then they can instantly send their friends some coins or receive some. And they see that the wallet actually works. Only a few people know how to access an exchange and buy coins. That's too complicated for a beginner.

what do you think? of course there would have to be a way to protect the wallets from being scammed automatically  Tongue

I really don't think that is possible and would just create a nightmare of people or bots downloading wallets every second just to get the free Mintcoins.

Facebook tipping app...you can give and get a number of different coins  https://apps.facebook.com/wpmultitipping/

Twitter Tip Bot   https://twitter.com/MintTip

I've even shown people on their own computers how easy it is to download and instal the wallet and then use the faucet, Facebook Tipping and Twitter tipping. Now I'll be helping them get set up at Vault of Satoshi as well, this will give them another way of getting more Mint. Once they see how easy and fast things work, they really get into it, and the interest Mint pays makes them Happy Happy Happy...

i understand your concerns but I disagree. Let me explain.

May I ask what country you're from? I'm from Germany. In Germany the average people are just way way back in the internet age. The most people don't even know how to operate a simple PC. In Germany the majority of the people just simply don't trust anyone telling them about electronic money transfers or computers and co. Most people don't even use online banking because it can be "hacked". It took a long time to get the people to use Wifi without fearing losing all their savings to an anonymous hacker.

Therefore hardly anyone in Germany uses twitter. I have to admit I have a twitter account but use it only twice a year Smiley

Additionally Facebook is a big enemy for the average German. Most people use it but with fake names or with the privacy settings raised to the maximum. So only a few would use a Facebook application like the tipping app. Some use Candy Crush but it's another story :9 The whole Germanycoin Airdrop failed mainly because they used facebook to give the Germans some free coins. The users called it an outrage!

As said before the average German doesn't want to click to many buttons or to give away to much of his/her personal information therefore it is really difficult to convince someone to install a wallet, then go to another page and do something in order to get some free coins.

My suggestion against all the scammers and bots out there:

- average Joe installs the Mintcoin wallet. As soon as the wallet is synced a message appears "Do you want to claim your free 10 MINT?".
- average Joe clicks Yes -> Please verify that you're human, enter that captcha -> After that the 10 MINT are sent to the newly created wallet address. Just once.

Everything happens within the wallet. No extra clicks. No sites. No privacy abuse. See it as a faucet within the wallet.

What do you guys think? I don't think it is so difficult to implement a simple captcha and an automated faucet into the wallet.

Thanks for reading my wall of text  Cheesy
L1240erion

Activity: 151

Permission-based advertising platform

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:58:37 PM

How is is that I upgrade to the 1.8 wallet and now I am missing 400,000 coins?

Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:05:24 PM

Facebook tipping app...you can give and get a number of different coins  https://apps.facebook.com/wpmultitipping/

Twitter Tip Bot   https://twitter.com/MintTip

May I ask what country you're from? I'm from Germany. In Germany the average people are just way way back in the internet age. The most people don't even know how to operate a simple PC. In Germany the majority of the people just simply don't trust anyone telling them about electronic money transfers or computers and co. Most people don't even use online banking because it can be "hacked". It took a long time to get the people to use Wifi without fearing losing all their savings to an anonymous hacker.

Therefore hardly anyone in Germany uses twitter. I have to admit I have a twitter account but use it only twice a year Smiley

Additionally Facebook is a big enemy for the average German. Most people use it but with fake names or with the privacy settings raised to the maximum. So only a few would use a Facebook application like the tipping app. Some use Candy Crush but it's another story :9 The whole Germanycoin Airdrop failed mainly because they used facebook to give the Germans some free coins. The users called it an outrage!

As said before the average German doesn't want to click to many buttons or to give away to much of his/her personal information therefore it is really difficult to convince someone to install a wallet, then go to another page and do something in order to get some free coins.

- average Joe installs the Mintcoin wallet. As soon as the wallet is synced a message appears "Do you want to claim your free 10 MINT?".
- average Joe clicks Yes -> Please verify that you're human, enter that captcha -> After that the 10 MINT are sent to the newly created wallet address. Just once.

Everything happens within the wallet. No extra clicks. No sites. No privacy abuse. See it as a faucet within the wallet.

What do you guys think? I don't think it is so difficult to implement a simple captcha and an automated faucet into the wallet.

I'm from Canada, basically the most internet connected country. Canadians do almost everything online, and have been for many years. Here in Canada, you are able to connect to WiFi almost anywhere, the ISP I am with, Shaw Cable, is currently installing free WiFi systems in as many businesses that they can.

I can understand the concept of your idea, but I still think it's something that is not going to be able to be implemented easily. You also say that Germans are very skeptical about doing anything online, what makes you think they would embrace this idea of downloading a wallet and such, before they would participate on Twitter or Facebook or even online bank?

As of right now, they can download the wallet, install it and visit a Mintcoin faucet totally anonymously without having to enter any personal information whatsoever. They can also set up a Twitter account with fake information just like you say they do with Facebook.

Here's an article about the Canadian Senate having discussions with the big players involved with Bitcoin here in Canada....very good read.

http://www.coindesk.com/canadian-senate-meets-bitcoin-community-fact-finding-session/
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:08:41 PM

First, make a copy of your wallet.dat file in %appdata%roaming/mintcoin folder, save it to your desktop.
Secondly, open the "Debug" console in your wallet and enter the command: repairwallet
If this does not work, open the "Debug" console again and enter the command: salvagewallet

This should fix it right up.
L1240erion

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:15:41 PM

First, make a copy of your wallet.dat file in %appdata%roaming/mintcoin folder, save it to your desktop.
Secondly, open the "Debug" console in your wallet and enter the command: repairwallet
If this does not work, open the "Debug" console again and enter the command: salvagewallet

Sweet let me try that

coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:21:37 PM

The low volume is encouraging, panic should have arrived by now. Maybe there are no more nuts to be shaken off the tree?

What's clear is that any whale has already had several opportunities over several weeks to sell at minimum slippage but hasn't.

I remember a few weeks back there were two 40+ BTC buy orders in at 16 & 17 Sats each, but nobody sold into them, and the price pumped over 20 Sats because of it too.

40 BTC is only $16,000 right now, which is really not much, and all it would take to make the price go up 50%.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
L1240erion

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:23:09 PM

Sweet let me try that

Ok so most of my coins are back. But anything minted between the 4th and when I updated (late last night) are gone. They were there before I updated. Is it because I didn't update until now?

Kergekoin

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:27:46 PM

depends which version did you use earlier?

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
L1240erion

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:29:44 PM

I had 1.5 then jumped to 1.8. Should I update to 1.7 then back to 1.8?

Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:38:46 PM

Facebook tipping app...you can give and get a number of different coins  https://apps.facebook.com/wpmultitipping/

Twitter Tip Bot   https://twitter.com/MintTip

I'm from Canada, basically the most internet connected country. Canadians do almost everything online, and have been for many years. Here in Canada, you are able to connect to WiFi almost anywhere, the ISP I am with, Shaw Cable, is currently installing free WiFi systems in as many businesses that they can.

I can understand the concept of your idea, but I still think it's something that is not going to be able to be implemented easily. You also say that Germans are very skeptical about doing anything online, what makes you think they would embrace this idea of downloading a wallet and such, before they would participate on Twitter or Facebook or even online bank?

As of right now, they can download the wallet, install it and visit a Mintcoin faucet totally anonymously without having to enter any personal information whatsoever. They can also set up a Twitter account with fake information just like you say they do with Facebook.

Here's an article about the Canadian Senate having discussions with the big players involved with Bitcoin here in Canada....very good read.

http://www.coindesk.com/canadian-senate-meets-bitcoin-community-fact-finding-session/

canada sounds really awesome for a nerdy guy like me  Wink here in Germany you only get 1 hour tops of free Wifi at Starbucks and McDonalds. The others are all really frightened that you might download some illegal Macklemore mp3s or anything using their wifi.

Maybe some devs or Kergekoin? might say something regarding the implementation of that faucet thingy. i think it would really ease the things up for the average users. I don't want to offend the faucet sites but to many people they look a bit shady.

btw if one would convince an average German to install a wallet i can promise you only a few of them would know how do deinstall it.  Grin
thc4me

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:44:07 PM

Is Hashco pool site down?
L1240erion

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:47:46 PM

Tried this didnt work. I guess I will leave things where they are. I am bummed because I missed out of some serious stakes. Maybe one day QT wallets will update automatically and traveling businessmen like me wont have these kinds of issues.

Kergekoin

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:48:26 PM

Since 1.5 was before hard fork. Im afraid that all coins you minted after block nr 220 000 are in wrong fork and lost forever.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Pages: « 1 ... 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 [645] 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: