Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:10:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 [794] 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
acceptance2

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:44:42 PM

I even called her (and the voicemail says Jessica Hartmann, so it would be a pretty elaborate scam)

how hard is it to make a voicemail message?

Hi Jessica, you've stated that you would be transparent in this endeavor. Why don't you give us some information about yourself that can be verified?

I'll post a response I just posted on Reddit in reply to Jessica. Please note the mention of " poor judgement ". It's sort of relevant to your comment about about the voicemail.

" There was never a Bitcoin Fund (NGO) and the coin evolved because of the people (community) not because a of cumbersome, regulated administrative nightmare.

You don't need an NGO to build a bounty pool. People are no more likely to donate to a registered NGO than they would be to a Wallet you have simply designated for such purpose.

If the level of trust is such that we need the gatekeeper handcuffed and tied down with regulations, the coin is finished.

My belief is there is more trust and faith in you than all the previous people involved combined.

That said, frankly I wouldn't donate a thing to anything they were involved with. If they were too blind in their dealings with the developer to realize they were being scammed and lied to, how could I possibly trust them now? It's simply poor judgement or collusion, I'm still undecided which ".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:46:28 PM

I read that mintcointeam threatened me. That's true, but this is nothing compared to what they did to Jessica.

also curious as to how it is that "mintcointeam" went from threatening you and Jessica to giving up all of the accounts associated with mintion admin to you.

that is a very curious state of affairs, care to comment on that?

mgburks77

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:49:13 PM

I even called her (and the voicemail says Jessica Hartmann, so it would be a pretty elaborate scam)

Hi Jessica, you've stated that you would be transparent in this endeavor. Why don't you give us some information about yourself that can be verified?

I'll post a response I just posted on Reddit in reply to Jessica. Please note the mention of " poor judgement ". It's sort of relevant to your comment about about the voicemail.

" There was never a Bitcoin Fund (NGO) and the coin evolved because of the people (community) not because a of cumbersome, regulated administrative nightmare.

You don't need an NGO to build a bounty pool. People are no more likely to donate to a registered NGO than they would be to a Wallet you have simply designated for such purpose.

If the level of trust is such that we need the gatekeeper handcuffed and tied down with regulations, the coin is finished.

My belief is there is more trust and faith in you than all the previous people involved combined.

That said, frankly I wouldn't donate a thing to anything they were involved with. If they were too blind in their dealings with the developer to realize they were being scammed and lied to, how could I possibly trust them now? It's simply poor judgement or collusion, I'm still undecided which ".

agreed

mgburks77

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:51:25 PM

another point for the community to consider.

There's value here, or this wouldn't be happening. We just need to get rid of the scammers.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:59:10 PM

The old mintcointeam dev is not the one who wrote wallet 1.10. It was presstab (he was paid for this, but not credited). Credit where credit is due.
Do we have a Mintcoin address for presstab? I would like to give him full credit for this.
I PM'd him

I read that mintcointeam threatened me. That's true, but this is nothing compared to what they did to Jessica.

also curious as to how it is that "mintcointeam" went from threatening you and Jessica to giving up all of the accounts associated with mintion admin to you.

I assumed they gave up. Combination of assuming I would never deliver, plus no one else to work with them (their other partner left Mintcoin earlier, and TheAlty too) and finally and most importantly, price going down while he doesn't have any premine left. Plus being busy and moving on to other things as well as conflict between them.

The NGO is meant to have a legal body for providing tax-deduction for fiat donation. Fiat => BTC => MINT (and hopefully one day Fiat => MINT), then staking. And once the money is needed by a Beneficiary (an environmental NGO), the MINT is converted back to fiat (if and only if it is not possible for them to buy straight with MINT or even BTC).

With time it could also lead to a greater confidence, but this is for later.

We don't plan to put the cart before the horese. Recognition comes from action, not the other way around. In other word, the NGO is not mean to increase confidence, it is meant to make something possible. Once it delivers, confidence will come.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mgburks77

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:59:41 PM

also

I wouldn't update your wallet until this gets resolved.

this could be a scam to hard fork and destroy mint, by btc holders.

"goat trading" is a major bitcoin player
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:01:32 PM

also

Until what get resolved? I must have missed a part. Presstab's code is legit, I don't know about the other 1.10 wallet.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mgburks77

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:03:12 PM

I assumed they gave up. Combination of assuming I would never deliver, plus no one else to work with them (their other partner left Mintcoin earlier, and TheAlty too) and finally and most importantly, price going down while he doesn't have any premine left. Plus being busy and moving on to other things as well as conflict between them.

I find that explanation lacking. Why give the accounts to someone that had been having problems with if they gave up?

it's easier to just walk away.

how do we know the accounts weren't hacked? we don't.
mgburks77

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:04:41 PM

also

Until what get resolved? I must have missed a part. Presstab's code is legit, I don't know about the other 1.10 wallet.

I don't if there is some kind of language difficulty or something with you

but there is clearly an issue here with the mintcoin development team that needs to be resolved before they can be trusted.

I wouldn't download anything they are involved with until this is resolved, but if you want to go right ahead.
cryptomommy

Activity: 425

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:20:26 PM

Sure Thing!

I have several referrals, prior work completed and known contacts. I started investing in Mintcoin as soon as it came onto the market and began participating in Mintcoin Development when David contacted me to join the Mintcoin Fund team. I am not a heavy investor by any means; and the majority of my mintcoins have come from donations from completed projects and mining both Mint when it was mine-able and currently cowhash's multipool.

Here are a few projects / initiatives to date I am / Have worked on:

mgburks77

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:22:25 PM

I've already looked through most of that.

There is no verifiable information about your actual identity available there.
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:26:49 PM

The old mintcointeam dev is not the one who wrote wallet 1.10. It was presstab (he was paid for this, but not credited). Credit where credit is due.
Do we have a Mintcoin address for presstab? I would like to give him full credit for this.
I PM'd him

The NGO is meant to have a legal body for providing tax-deduction for fiat donation. Fiat => BTC => MINT (and hopefully one day Fiat => MINT), then staking. And once the money is needed by a Beneficiary (an environmental NGO), the MINT is converted back to fiat (if and only if it is not possible for them to buy straight with MINT or even BTC).

With time it could also lead to a greater confidence, but this is for later.

We don't plan to put the cart before the horese. Recognition comes from action, not the other way around. In other word, the NGO is not mean to increase confidence, it is meant to make something possible. Once it delivers, confidence will come.

An Android Wallet, giving people the ability to spread the coin far and wide, away from the Desktop Computer, is what can deliver EXPOSURE and MOBILITY to a whole new layer of participants, who will in turn tell their friends who will tell...

Until there are large numbers of people involved with Mintcoin, there's simply no need, no purpose for a foundation.

I believe it's a waste of time, energy and resources that could be allocated instead into something that will actually produce a valuable asset: an Android Wallet.

mgburks77

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:28:42 PM

A minting Android wallet is what will put us on the map

Not one for the crypto community that can be adapted to mint, but a mint specific wallet.
cryptomommy

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:29:52 PM

Would it be possible to get confirmation that Papsi is still working on the andoid wallet? If not I can start reaching out and try to get a new developer on the task. I agree - an android wallet is extremely important.

I also want to note it is extremely important that the community continue moving forward while the android wallet is being developed. I have contacted 3 other developers already to find a replacement in case Papsi is not currently working on the wallet.
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:35:58 PM

Would it be possible to get confirmation that Papsi is still working on the andoid wallet? If not I can start reaching out and try to get a new developer on the task. I agree - an android wallet is extremely important.

I also want to note it is extremely important that the community continue moving forward while the android wallet is being developed. I have contacted 3 other developers already to find a replacement in case Papsi is not currently working on the wallet.
Last post from paspi regarding the android wallet:

It will be out soon? The code hasnt been touched in over a month and I dont see any updates, not sure where you are getting your "soon" from.
Development hasn't stopped, I'm just not pushing my changes. And I'm busy with some real life stuff lately, otherwise it's 99% complete and ready to be released.

Don't judge android wallet's value by it's mint bounty. I'm not doing the MINT part for its bounty, it's not a freelance job for me -- I believe this is a community work, and I hope the community will take over its development when it's released. There are no POS bitcoinj forks in existence (and I doubt that anyone can manage to release something), and this is the first bitcoinj fork for POS coins, and it works (the POS library). For last few months, I haven't touched mintcoinj part and only been fiddling with getting the android UI to work besides my real life responsibilities.

I will be well compensated by other POS coins once it's done, I see other coins as freelance projects, not mint. I hope the community does not see this as a freelance too, because I'm not doing this for it's bounty, I'm not working as for a paid project to do mint's wallet, I'm doing it just because of being part of this community and that I am able to do it.

\
mgburks77

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:38:27 PM

first there is the issue of you, who I do not know, verifying your identity and proving your legitimacy because at this point I don't want to work with you or any wallet project you are involved in. That goes for the btc community in general.

sorry, but this has been a fiasco so far so unless you are prepared to provide valid verifiable info I don't trust you. Anyone can make a few profiles and say that is them.

How about something notarized that identifies you and your location?

also I would forget about paspi
cryptomommy

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:51:13 PM

first there is the issue of you, who I do not know, verifying your identity and proving your legitimacy because at this point I don't want to work with you or any wallet project you are involved in. That goes for the btc community in general.

sorry, but this has been a fiasco so far so unless you are prepared to provide valid verifiable info I don't trust you. Anyone can make a few profiles and say that is them.

I understand your concerns. The best I can do is continue to do what I have been doing before the developer cashed out and work to help promote the community. Hopefully in time my actions will speak louder than words and I can earn the communities trust.

I have also contacted Paspi regarding the wallet asking him to offer an update. He has been apart of the community for a long time and his continued support to the community has been extremely valuable.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:51:50 PM

I find that explanation lacking. Why give the accounts to someone that had been having problems with if they gave up?

it's easier to just walk away.

how do we know the accounts weren't hacked? we don't.
I think that you are postulating that cryptomommy is a scamer, and then confirmation bias starts rolling. So I'd say the best course of action for us is to just let the facts speak for themselves, since there is no way you could be convinced otherwise.

mgburks77

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:52:35 PM

need some facts first, then they can speak for themselves.
mgburks77

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:56:13 PM

I understand your concerns. The best I can do is continue to do what I have been doing before the developer cashed out and work to help promote the community. Hopefully in time my actions will speak louder than words and I can earn the communities trust.

I have also contacted Paspi regarding the wallet asking him to offer an update. He has been apart of the community for a long time and his continued support to the community has been extremely valuable.

So you aren't actually going to be transparent or identify yourself.

I thought that would probably be the case.

I'm writing this one off as a loss.
Pages: « 1 ... 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 [794] 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: