Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:53:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 [749] 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
zjz_lgd

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

zjz_lgd

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:02:01 AM

Android wallet is great and I like it very much!
there are some good new from mintcoin, but the price if still damn low.What does mintcoin happen?We like this coin and we know the team is working hard.
I hope your guys effort will pump the price!
Good luck, and let's work hard! Cool

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution, Share to moon! SbuXjdoiErjmAoGd3s4jcyEWiRifuorVv3
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:23:24 AM

A bank? Am I reading these posts correctly?

Think you might all want to read the current interview with a former COO of Skype and understand why doing anything that requires us to engage the current fiat infrastructure is like the kiss of death to ALL cryptos.

The whole idea is to decentralize - not centralize.

You're going backwards.

We need to move forwards.

It's just an online wallet we are talking about. For mintcoin beginners and new investors. Because the start can be a bit complicated for the average user. It is centralized but there are a lot of people like you believing in decentralization that can still use the mintcoin wallet. I chose the word bank to emphasize the interest rate aspect. I hope you understand.
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:31:14 AM

Paspi, do you do Android apps on a regular basis?

I was just doing the math, and figured with a 5,000,000 Coin bounty for the Android Wallet, figuring you've probably put in the neighborhood of 40 + hours (probably way too low as it has been months now), you're working for less than $3.00 US an hour.

If that is your going rate, I can throw some work your way.

Let me know.

When he started MINT was much higher.

And you expecting him to work for you for less than $3 per hour is an insult, that's why I deduce you must be a real douchebag.

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
acceptance2

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 07:32:10 AM

I was just doing the math, and figured with a 5,000,000 Coin bounty for the Android Wallet, figuring you've probably put in the neighborhood of 40 + hours (probably way too low as it has been months now), you're working for less than $3.00 US an hour.

Let me know.

And you expecting him to work for you for less than $3 per hour is an insult, that's why I deduce you must be a real douchebag.

Well possibly he negotiated a set price when Mint was at a higher price.

I never asked him to work for less than what he is apparently working for based on the numbers.

English is obviously not your first language so I'll forgive you for not understanding.

Having said that, I've been called worse by a lot better than you. Since name calling is usually a last resort for a small mind, I'll not resort to your tactics.
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:15:38 AM

Let me know.

I never asked him to work for less than what he is apparently working for based on the numbers.

English is obviously not your first language so I'll forgive you for not understanding.

Having said that, I've been called worse by a lot better than you. Since name calling is usually a last resort for a small mind, I'll not resort to your tactics.

You do know that a lot of work on open source software is done for free, by passionate and committed people, right douchebag??  Tongue

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 10:19:37 AM

Let me know.

You do know that a lot of work on open source software is done for free, by passionate and committed people, right douchebag??  Tongue

Yes, which is not the case here as he's getting paid, at a rate somewhere less than $3.00 an hour.

Surely from a 700,000,000 pre-mine the developer could ante up some more? After all the stated purpose of the premine was for development, if the Android wallet doesn't fall under the category of development I'm not sure what does.
jakema

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:31:16 AM

i dont have much but once i see the app working on my phone ill send 25,000 coins to paspi. if it runs good, safe and fast ill send more
BitSmacker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:42:55 AM

Let me know.

Yes, which is not the case here as he's getting paid, at a rate somewhere less than $3.00 an hour.

Surely from a 700,000,000 pre-mine the developer could ante up some more? After all the stated purpose of the premine was for development, if the Android wallet doesn't fall under the category of development I'm not sure what does.

Who is the developer that has the premine?
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 11:11:10 AM

Let me know.

That's a question we'll never know the answer to.

Who is the developer that has the premine?
That's a question we'll never have the answer to.
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:07:51 PM

So fluttercoin devs release a web wallet I have been talking about in the next couple of days. Maybe someone would then port it. It can't be that difficult as mintcoin is just PoS. Mintcoin still has better interest rates. So maybe mintcoin can still compete. I am sure Web wallets are the key for new users.
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:40:55 PM

Let me know.

Community members contributed to the bounty as a show of support - yes, there are people here willing to do that. Maybe you would like it if the developers stop whatever they are doing and provide some exhaustive audit of their expenses for your passing curiosity, but there is more important work to be done in the meantime, and that's what it is, work, for which you are offering nothing in return.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:43:30 PM

Android wallet update 7:

Yup! There are some remaining issues and rough edges to fix before a release, but the first native POS wallet is now working on an android phone, receiving and sending transactions.

Blockchain:
http://mint.blockx.info/get/address/MkgjPqmUqsYYpy8jS32fxLzSerryFSH3Ta

Android wallet update 6:

Good news!

The following is the first transaction ever received and forwarded by mintcoinj Cheesy

http://mint.blockx.info/get/tx/68fec0ad06a76d1d37de929e14b6ad6d17352b715de4f5bcce648333e9bc4a9c

Let me know.
My first time trying to do an android app. I'm headed for the 10M bounty, but still I'm not doing it for money, it's way too low to mean anything. It's just a hobby and to complete what I had started (probably based on an underestimation, still I'm happy with the knowledge I gained on POS codebase).

You can't create open source projects with paying someone money, paid-to-do projects will turn out crappy, and not maintained, and die. A community needs to create on its own to make good software.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:24:33 PM

My first time trying to do an android app. I'm headed for the 10M bounty, but still I'm not doing it for money, it's way too low to mean anything. It's just a hobby and to complete what I had started (probably based on an underestimation, still I'm happy with the knowledge I gained on POS codebase).

You can't create open source projects with paying someone money, paid-to-do projects will turn out crappy, and not maintained, and die. A community needs to create on its own to make good software.
Maybe I should have said that most work is done on the java library, not the android app itself. The java library creates possibilities for all kinds of lighter wallets, not just android. I tried to compile it for android just a few days ago for the first time in my life.

My main payment will come in the form of copyright notices all over old and new POS coins' android wallet codebases, as this is the first proper port of bitcoinj library to POS coin world, it'll be forked and used by many.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:31:01 PM

Let me know.

Community members contributed to the bounty as a show of support - yes, there are people here willing to do that. Maybe you would like it if the developers stop whatever they are doing and provide some exhaustive audit of their expenses for your passing curiosity, but there is more important work to be done in the meantime, and that's what it is, work, for which you are offering nothing in return.

I'm an investor. My money is what I've put in.
The developer has been rewarded to the tune of 700,000,000 Mintcoin. I expect them to do the work. Isn't that why they received the 700,000,000?

I'm sure the community would love to do an audit of the developers accounts and see what's been dumped and see what's been spent on development.

Apologists for the developers. Hilarious.
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:35:49 PM

Maybe I should have said that most work is done on the java library, not the android app itself. The java library creates possibilities for all kinds of lighter wallets, not just android. I tried to compile it for android just a few days ago for the first time in my life.

My main payment will come in the form of copyright notices all over old and new POS coins' android wallet codebases, as this is the first proper port of bitcoinj library to POS coin world, it'll be forked and used by many.

Glad you're happy with what you've taken on - and the fact it's been rewarding in a number of ways.
If you pull this off, I'm sure you'll have much more work come your way - hopefully at something approaching market value.
skeem

Activity: 229

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:48:30 PM

up

Coin Revolution
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:41:15 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 11:58:40 PM by stormia

Acceptance2 why do you always come back in here- only once there is good news  Roll Eyes- to criticize the coin and the developers? Give it up with the premine, it is being used as it is supposed to be. It is not meant to be spent in the first few months, this coin and the mintcoin fund are long term projects and the developers want to be able to support the projects for the long term.

Also, if you are going to be a critic, at least quote the right numbers (otherwise what you say reeealy looks like FUD). The dev is giving 10 mil from the premine, not 5, and the community has raised over 2mil. When this was raised, Mint was trading above 16 sat.

That being said, I definitely think that paspi deserves more than what he will be getting for his work in terms of up-front dollar value given the current price for Mint. But, he has already said he isn't doing it for the money (very honorable). I imagine he will receive a lot of recognition within the crypto community for his work, and there is plenty of possibility that those 12 mil coins will be worth much, much more one day.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:52:58 AM

Let me know.

I'm an investor. My money is what I've put in.
The developer has been rewarded to the tune of 700,000,000 Mintcoin. I expect them to do the work. Isn't that why they received the 700,000,000?

I'm sure the community would love to do an audit of the developers accounts and see what's been dumped and see what's been spent on development.

Apologists for the developers. Hilarious.

They all overlook the ridiculous premine and then wonder why is the price crashing? Mint should be higher than it is? Lmao! No coin with such a ridiculous premine that the dev isn't disclosing any info on will succeed. Mint is slowly approaching the bottom which will be 1 sat soon

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
toto31

Activity: 136

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:57:16 AM

But why did it go to 60 satoshis then? Wasn't there the exact same info available?
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:48:37 AM

Info was available and I brought it up day1 when the dev asked me to do thr android wallet for 5 million and I laughed we ended it at that. I guess thats why I never invested.. I dont value this coin more than 3 sats.. anything over is over valued to me and Idid look crazy months ago but look whos talking now..
If the pre mine was not annonymous (the address) and it has been sold or more than half was given away for development only then I can see mint becoming anything of value. Unfortunatley I lump this one with the rest p&d shit coins no offense if you bought it.. anyways one day it may rise so u cam just hold so u cam breakeven.
Pages: « 1 ... 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 [749] 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: