Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:04:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 [752] 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 11:02:57 AM

Anyone know if this address Mmqt6EVDcKegcgsDp39jUhwdkNpfHP7qLris from an exchange, mintpal perhaps? What's with the 10000000 in en out that looks weird to me  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raiuk

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:23:33 AM

RIP MINTCOIN
Feb 2014 - Jun 2014
Announcing THE BIG DUMP
Can we get it to 1 SATOSHI?

Dallas5

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 11:46:44 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 11:59:06 AM by Dallas5

honestly, the last how many pages are people just saying how great of an investment the coin is, with nothing to back it up. It's teetering at 3 sats, for crying out loud! You can say "more cheap coins for me" but without volume or outside interest, you'll just be one of a few people holding a lot of useless coins. I feel like that's just a kneejerk statement for people financially and maybe emotionally invested in something they don't want to see go away. I mean i'd say it's low risk to buy and hold a few at this point in the sense that it doesn't cost much to get a nice chunk, but at the same time, I don't see it moving without innovation and direction and community involvement. I skimmed MP and estimated over 125 bitcoins worth of Mint sitting on the exchange for sale, and not "Minting" with such a high interest rate. Why is that? Mint was the first alt I got into, but have lost confidence in the last month or so and it's hard to find reasons to gain it back.

Look at blackcoin - Android wallet, already live on Google Play. Coinkite tomorrow (know that one's a sensitive subject but at the very least a gamble that seems to have already made people take notice). Online wallet with anon and multi sig features coming soon. BC centric exchange in the works. PR firm. It has volume and interest and it definitely sees manipulation and whales but what coin doesn't? Then there's all the X11 X13 coins coming out (see Mastiff announcement tonight) and people are flocking - whether longterm or short, that is to be seen of course. I'm not saying p&d's are good if that is what is happening, but they do bring attention and money flowing in and out. It can keep you on people's radars to 'buy time' for devs and community members to grow the coin and keep people hooked.

All valid points, I never liked the desperate, more cheap coins for me or buy now while their cheap lines. Only thing right now which gives me a little hope is that the dev team is planning something big when the mintcoin NGO is registered. But coin devs make all sorts of promises and statements I really hope for mintcoin that this one is true.

Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:50:19 AM

honestly, the last how many pages are people just saying how great of an investment the coin is, with nothing to back it up. It's teetering at 3 sats, for crying out loud! You can say "more cheap coins for me" but without volume or outside interest, you'll just be one of a few people holding a lot of useless coins. I feel like that's just a kneejerk statement for people financially and maybe emotionally invested in something they don't want to see go away. I mean i'd say it's low risk to buy and hold a few at this point in the sense that it doesn't cost much to get a nice chunk, but at the same time, I don't see it moving without innovation and direction and community involvement. I skimmed MP and estimated over 125 bitcoins worth of Mint sitting on the exchange for sale, and not "Minting" with such a high interest rate. Why is that? Mint was the first alt I got into, but have lost confidence in the last month or so and it's hard to find reasons to gain it back.

Look at blackcoin - Android wallet, already live on Google Play. Coinkite tomorrow (know that one's a sensitive subject but at the very least a gamble that seems to have already made people take notice). Online wallet with anon and multi sig features coming soon. BC centric exchange in the works. PR firm. It has volume and interest and it definitely sees manipulation and whales but what coin doesn't? Then there's all the X11 X13 coins coming out (see Mastiff announcement tonight) and people are flocking - whether longterm or short, that is to be seen of course. I'm not saying p&d's are good if that is what is happening, but they do bring attention and money flowing in and out. It can keep you on people's radars to 'buy time' for devs and community members to grow the coin and keep people hooked.

i think it is a great analysis with following features needed for mintcoin:

android wallet
payment processor (coinkite)
online wallet
anonymity

all these features can be developed. no need to be the first. but we need to see some statements from anyone (devs?) that those features are planned or being developed except for the android wallet. if not it will be difficult. but still it can be done and the price will rise accordingly.

deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:08:24 PM

Coinkite is a scam pay to play. Cionkite has Fewer merchants than Mintcoin has without a processor. Any merchant would be a fool to purchase coinkite, when Bitpay does over $1 million a day in Bitcoin. Coinkite- Not needed.

How anonymous does a coin need to be? What kind of criminal activity is everyone planning? Anonymity is a flash in the pan hype bubble, and not right for the mainstream. Anonymity-not needed.

Online wallet? Maybe, I don't trust my coin to anyone but me.

What Mintcoin needs is for people to embrace the features it already has and stop being so negative. The last few pages have a bunch of people declaring what Mintcoin needs as if they are cryptoworld dictators. What's worse is that all the ideas are taken from flavor of the week coins that have yet to really show why they are needed.

Let's not forget that Mintcoin fillls a void. It is an energy saving coin that mines itself, thereby lessening the amount of power scarfing miners in the world.

And please don't forget, Mintcoin has only been a currency for 4 months. Also, I think the developer should consider closing this thread and let discussions continue on other sites such as Reddit. Most of these shit posts would have been buried by downvotes.

\
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:11:11 PM

android wallet
online wallet
anonymity

all these features can be developed. no need to be the first. but we need to see some statements from anyone (devs?) that those features are planned or being developed except for the android wallet. if not it will be difficult. but still it can be done and the price will rise accordingly.

Yes the android wallet is important and it should be here soon.

If you weren't following things, Coinkite added Blackcoin and then started asking other altcoins if they wanted to give them 17 BTC each to be added as well. Few merchants are on board with it and it is like an attempt to funnel cryptos through a paypal type system. It's certainly not needed at all. What would be more useful would be vouchers that give you credit at Amazon or similar online retailers.

The online wallet idea is a good one as a safe online wallet would be a good promotion and encourage new people to get onboard. You could certainly call it a 'bank', all it would have to do is store mintcoin and pay interest.

I don't think anonymity matters at all at this stage, it might matter to people that buy Darkcoin but it will likely be something that can be easily added to any crypto later on.

Other than that, the price has suffered and it is time for the developers to announce some definite plans, remembering that this android wallet is a community effort rather than coming from their labour. The NGO thing might be significant but unless you think you can engage the press with your initiatives it is pretty easy to ignore.  

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
Dallas5

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 01:41:25 PM

Other than that, the price has suffered and it is time for the developers to announce some definite plans, remembering that this android wallet is a community effort rather than coming from their labour. The NGO thing might be significant but unless you think you can engage the press with your initiatives it is pretty easy to ignore.  

True, you can have one of the greatest features but if there is no marketing it won't do much good.

Whatever the big announcement will be, it has to be promoted trough a massive campaign which takes money and planning. When it's announced buying ads on all crypto forums and news sites is a good way to give the coin a big boost. Only talking in this thread will not bring a lot of new mintcoin users. Another option is Google ads and target keywords like crypto and bitcoin. Promote it as an energy saving bitcoin alternative.

Tl;dr: If you're releasing a new feature promote it.

acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 01:48:34 PM

android wallet
online wallet
anonymity

Yes the android wallet is important and it should be here soon.

If you weren't following things, Coinkite added Blackcoin and then started asking other altcoins if they wanted to give them 17 BTC each to be added as well. Few merchants are on board with it and it is like an attempt to funnel cryptos through a paypal type system. It's certainly not needed at all. What would be more useful would be vouchers that give you credit at Amazon or similar online retailers.

The online wallet idea is a good one as a safe online wallet would be a good promotion and encourage new people to get onboard. You could certainly call it a 'bank', all it would have to do is store mintcoin and pay interest.

I don't think anonymity matters at all at this stage, it might matter to people that buy Darkcoin but it will likely be something that can be easily added to any crypto later on.

A concise, honest, truthful take on the current state of affairs.

I especially agree with your statement about the NGO. Unless it's some revolutionary plan or feature, nobody will care. It has so far had 0 impact - and yes, I mean on the price. That's the only barometer that is a measure of the coins performance.

Here's hoping we're at the bottom and the developer has some good news, REAL news.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 03:14:27 PM

So how about an official bounty post for this online wallet? Could you organize it David? Or beaverslayer just the way it happened with the Android wallet?
I believe the best way is to do use the same process as for the Android wallet: someone (Beaverslayer or someone else) organise it and I act as the 0% escrow.

Regarding the Mintcoin Fund, I will post the amended paper they requested tomorrow

Regarding the Android Wallet, the dev already donated with the premine. Plus, basmterdam just donated 5 millions today.

Reminders:
Donations, Android Wallet
Code:
MpCuSzv7wRCNsSUsf8nEkvVRN3Z32SQcy3

Donations, Mintcoin Fund
Code:
MsKZ6xRSPJAVVJ7m1oZfNqVcpJ9MyvRzha

Donations, Redwood
Code:
MoruzHEsSxBYDV8WWYTALuv5Rrccn1FAyP

Donations, Windows Wallet (obsolete?)
Code:
MnGe4uq2zbVqevCdhP3jrPShVThehpamqc

Donations, Buy wall (obsolete?)
Code:
MvMwYphUDcTcJsPmNyTW7FiDE3ShVh41Pv

Regarding Mintcoin being, I can name at least two high-PoS coins supposedly dead and which are making a comeback (right now) after several months (a quite a good one, by the way).

Finally, good enough anonymity is impossible with any Bitcoin forks (including Mintcoin except by very kludgy hacks or a relauch (à la CAI/CAIx) - no, DRK is not anonymous enough, it is actually very easy for any intelligence agency to get information - maybe even more than with plain bitcoin.

Oh, one more thing: is there any technical difference between USD and EUR? No. This is what they are used for which matters. Always remember that.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
litemaster

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:18:37 PM

Coinkite is a scam pay to play. Cionkite has Fewer merchants than Mintcoin has without a processor. Any merchant would be a fool to purchase coinkite, when Bitpay does over $1 million a day in Bitcoin. Coinkite- Not needed.

How anonymous does a coin need to be? What kind of criminal activity is everyone planning? Anonymity is a flash in the pan hype bubble, and not right for the mainstream. Anonymity-not needed.

Online wallet? Maybe, I don't trust my coin to anyone but me.

What Mintcoin needs is for people to embrace the features it already has and stop being so negative. The last few pages have a bunch of people declaring what Mintcoin needs as if they are cryptoworld dictators. What's worse is that all the ideas are taken from flavor of the week coins that have yet to really show why they are needed.

Let's not forget that Mintcoin fillls a void. It is an energy saving coin that mines itself, thereby lessening the amount of power scarfing miners in the world.

And please don't forget, Mintcoin has only been a currency for 4 months. Also, I think the developer should consider closing this thread and let discussions continue on other sites such as Reddit. Most of these shit posts would have been buried by downvotes.

I agree with most of this (thread should stay open regardless of trolls) I am behind this coin for the long term based upon it's features and innovations. It is also on all exchanges that are important and has many merchants and a following.
It's first to do POW/POS is great innovation to stop wasting power.
I like the name and think it's ULTRA brand-able. Wall St is coming into crypto in a huge way and a coin like this one is prime for big investment. Especially if the price is low. Even though Mintcoin is only 4 months old it is now considered an old timer in the crypto world. This will play a roll in it's status among coins when considered by companies as an investment.
The low price of this coin may just be the thing that gets it picked up by a Wall St company.

BITCOIN: 13UY67yfRjRVMR6hauZJbauHiDfeM2qXSg
MINTCOIN: MdVzxTfLDrzdij9vpee1YJGotBahfsfmqs
ASIACOIN: AH7dunb5G99XzCNj1KnGCdPkqc27pRPfBu
litemaster

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:19:18 PM

What is NGO?

BITCOIN: 13UY67yfRjRVMR6hauZJbauHiDfeM2qXSg
MINTCOIN: MdVzxTfLDrzdij9vpee1YJGotBahfsfmqs
ASIACOIN: AH7dunb5G99XzCNj1KnGCdPkqc27pRPfBu
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 03:23:18 PM

It's first to do POW/POS is great innovation to stop wasting power.
Not the first PoW/PoS. The first Fast PoW/PoS Smiley Novacoin (on which Mintcoin code is based) was the first scrypt PoW/PoS (and Peercoin the first PoW/PoS).

I like the name and think it's ULTRA brand-able.
This is one of its major features.

Also remember that MintPal is pump and dump haven, even more than Poloniex. And Mintcoin actually MADE Mintpal, since Mintcoin was Mintpal's first success. I was there in the beginning on Mintpal, I can tell you.

What is NGO?
Non governmental organisation. Think Red Cross, Friend of the Earth, Doctor Without Borders, Green Cross (Gorbatchev's environemental NGO)...

Going back to lurking mode until I have something else to announce.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
dragonseer

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:31:05 PM

Reminders:

Code:

I did indeed pledge 1 million MINT for a working windows wallet earlier, for now though, it seems it would be better to contribute to the online wallet initiative. I'll give 1 million MINT for that, so long these conditions are met:

1. The online wallet supports 2FA i.e. Google Authenticator
2. There is a clear link to an exchange (such as Vault of Satoshi) with clear instructions on how to purchase Mintcoin and send it to your 'account'

So in other words, the main page of the online 'Mintbank' provides some basic information on the coin and steps for getting started.

toto31

Activity: 136

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:43:56 PM

Code:

Windows or Windows Phone?
dragonseer

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:45:15 PM

Code:

Windows Phone?

Yes, that was my idea earlier. There isn't even a good windows phone wallet for Bitcoin that I'm aware of.

acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 05:24:30 PM

Code:

Windows Phone?

Yes, that was my idea earlier. There isn't even a good windows phone wallet for Bitcoin that I'm aware of.

Windows mobile has about 3.6% market share globally VS Android mobile at about 81%. These are global 3rd quarter 2013 stats.
With scarce resources, it's a no brainer where to allocate them.
dragonseer

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:01:12 PM

Code:

Windows Phone?

Windows mobile has about 3.6% market share globally VS Android mobile at about 81%. These are global 3rd quarter 2013 stats.
With scarce resources, it's a no brainer where to allocate them.

That's obvious - The point is that there isn't a single good wallet on Windows Phone for any crypto, not one. Yes there is a clear market leader in Android but iOS is stagnating and may well lose 2nd place to Windows phone, especially in developing markets, while they intentionally are hostile to cryptos on their platform. Nokia make the best phone cameras hands down, the 8.1 update is important and is out soon, no wonder there's a Sony Windows Phone that's supposed to be coming out in July, and another in October. HTC, LG, and Lenovo all have Windows Phone coming out soon too.

Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:09:24 PM

Reminders:

Code:

I did indeed pledge 1 million MINT for a working windows wallet earlier, for now though, it seems it would be better to contribute to the online wallet initiative. I'll give 1 million MINT for that, so long these conditions are met:

1. The online wallet supports 2FA i.e. Google Authenticator
2. There is a clear link to an exchange (such as Vault of Satoshi) with clear instructions on how to purchase Mintcoin and send it to your 'account'

So in other words, the main page of the online 'Mintbank' provides some basic information on the coin and steps for getting started.

I do pledge 300k also.

Additional requirements :

The site running it shall be secured from being mtgoxed. It would be best if there were audits like the one Kraken made that all the deposits are actually there. On the monthly basis.
Goattrading

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:23:55 PM

The OP page needs some clean up. Collecting alot of broken links as outside sources begin to fail in this quickly changing enviroment.

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Dallas5

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 09:22:58 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 09:56:39 PM by Dallas5

I like the name and think it's ULTRA brand-able. Wall St is coming into crypto in a huge way and a coin like this one is prime for big investment. Especially if the price is low. Even though Mintcoin is only 4 months old it is now considered an old timer in the crypto world. This will play a roll in it's status among coins when considered by companies as an investment.
The low price of this coin may just be the thing that gets it picked up by a Wall St company.

I think that would be mintcoin holders wet dream, probably for all altcoins. Wall street and big million dollar investors starting to trade bitcoin, btc price rises to $5000. People look for alternatives to trade, mintcoin has this energy saving minting feature those bitcoin miners do use massive amounts of power which damages the earth, etc. Mintcoin trades and investments start on a big wall St scale, it get's massive marketing as the faster and greener bitcoin alternative with interest. Price rises to 2000 sat which at $5000 BTC is $0.1. And the early big investors can sell their 10000000 mintcoins for $1 million.

Hey if that's ever gonna happen buy me a new car (mint): MfW7LewLtRXwbGrE5RjHvu8JmqAFrTnPe3   Tongue

In the meantime mintcoin is awfully close of entering the <2 satoshi which most of the cases, topcoin/leafcoin/microCoin, is a death sentence. I like our dream better..
 Lips sealed

Pages: « 1 ... 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 [752] 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: