Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:22:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread.  (Read 211664 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jeremy1231

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:49:05 AM

What exactly is 'nospendzeroconfchange' patch?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
apulunas

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:19:24 AM

i started to feel like every amateur who have some php and mysql knowledge tries to start a market nowadays.
trcwhale

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:29:56 AM

What exactly is 'nospendzeroconfchange' patch?

It is to fix double spending issue.

How long does it take to install this patch?Huh?

Geez it is been down since long time now.
negritaman

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:06:11 PM

I have had my bitch and moan with the best of them over the last week but after the events of this morning it looks like some of the exchanges have been systematically attacked

If i set aside the wobbly lip for a moment from the complete contempt shown by coinmarket to the people funding their operation, it would occur to me that both poliniex and coinmarket are suffering a similar issue, instead of bitching about coins in limbo how about using the insantaneous communications tools we have to dig the scumbags that are trying to trash our movement by breeding fear and panic.

It had to happen sooner or later that someone somewhere would attempt to exploit these unregulated markets, I would seriously consider any involvement by government agencies to "protect us" to be a step back.

If you hear news reports about alt coin miners screaming for regulation on the back of losses from MT-GOX then you can be pretty sure who caused it in the first place.

The clock is ticking coinmarket and your credibility is lower than a sausage dogs knackers but it doesn't have to be that way, I think you are genuine just really really bad at public relations. If we can support you in resolving this then just say the word.

This forum can be used for seeking solutions or just as a whine fest for those who have probably screwed many others with pump and dumps anyway and are now sulking because they can't cash out and do it somewhere else lol.

Negritaman
C3ALL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:19:15 PM

The fact that they haven't even posted to this thread in days to even assure people that they are still even trying to get things fixed, is enough evidence that the coins are all but lost imho.  No response to PM's, no posts on their own thread here - its pretty obvious that they do not even care about the lost money and coins.  They havent even made a single comment here since failing to deliver on just about everything in their last update.

My guess is they have just walked away from it and couldn't care less.

p0peji

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:20:24 PM

Hereby I voluntarily "gift" my coins at coinmarket to the coinmarket crew;
I understand you're having trouble, and since I do not wish to spend any more time watching this thread, nor do I want to start flaming like others are, you can keep my couple of btc's worth.
This way, having said it's now a gift, I won't have to be anxious anymore.

I wish you the best of luck in future endeavours, and keep up the good work.

I'm out.

electronistul

Activity: 160

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:47:37 PM

Hereby I voluntarily "gift" [...] my couple of btc's [...].
Wait, wait don't be "out" just yet!  Grin
I lost some of those inside Gox, too - can you "gift" me some, instead of coinmarket ? I cook spaghetti and polish suede shoes - what do they do for your BTCs ? Cheesy
Mayhem007

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:54:38 PM

from Coinmarket.io Twitter:

CoinMarket.io @CoinMarketio
Applying the nospendzeroconfchange patch to all coins (preventive measure). A poll will be added to forums regarding resetting orderbooks.

no spend zeroconf change patch =  nospendzeroconfchange  patch LMAO

So relax guys, they are getting everything in order, we are all frusrtrated, but the site will be super secure once they are done.  they are planing to poll the customers on if we want them to reset the order books before opening. 

I think the answer is obvious.  Of course the order books need to be reset.  Also, they need to manually fix all the withdrawal and cancelled orders before reopening.
Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:08:07 PM

Of course, the nospendzeroconfchange patch.

Mysterious. Still better than no updates at all, but worse than milion other possible updates.

On the other news, that's how other exchange addresses and handles a serious issue:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=499580.msg5499870#msg5499870

Something to compare.
Kheg

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:17:43 PM

Ahh crap.  I think I sent coins to an exchange wallet address belonging to Coinmarket (mislabeled by myself unfortunately) last night.  And looking at the current support issues, well, this isn't looking promising.
C3ALL

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:38:36 PM

Mysterious. Still better than no updates at all, but worse than milion other possible updates.

On the other news, that's how other exchange addresses and handles a serious issue:

Something to compare.

That is an excellent example of communicating.  It appears that coinmarket have no intention what so ever of doing something like this.

I couls live with a nominal percentage reduction if indeed it is the error.

Perhaps the thief that posted about withdrawing double BTC in this thread would be kind enough to give it back to coinmarket if something like this can be done here too?

Its starting to smell a lot like coinmarket has been hacked too, but rather than try and fix this open and honestly, they post about bullsh*t patches and trading opening times etc etc....

That other exchange now has people trying to find the thief and taking it out on them, while still having respect for the exchange because they came clean.

Coinmarket just has people angry with them because they are saying nothing at all.

GanderFly

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:41:33 PM

Hey devs, could you please help me with my withdrawal? I tried to withdraw 0.99642421 BTC to 1LBB5eUZRXUutHAMCfiUoupaFamTN8KUyP. Got confirmation email, clicked on it. Did not get a transaction number. The coins are no longer in my coinmarket.io wallet, but haven't arrived in my wallet. It's been since March 1st. Please help! Username is LifterPuller. Thanks!
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:49:07 PM

Ahh crap.  I think I sent coins to an exchange wallet address belonging to Coinmarket (mislabeled by myself unfortunately) last night.  And looking at the current support issues, well, this isn't looking promising.

With Multibit? I had the same problem, only I mis-sent a lot more than that  Cry

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

C3ALL

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:52:09 PM

Hey devs, could you please help me with my withdrawal? I tried to withdraw 0.99642421 BTC to 1LBB5eUZRXUutHAMCfiUoupaFamTN8KUyP. Got confirmation email, clicked on it. Did not get a transaction number. The coins are no longer in my coinmarket.io wallet, but haven't arrived in my wallet. It's been since March 1st. Please help! Username is LifterPuller. Thanks!

Join the queue Im afraid.  I requested a withdrawl of just over 1BTC on Feb 25th, no confirmation email arrived, same for 1m Leaf.  No response from the devs by PM, no response on here and nonsense updates on twitter.

It looks like this exchange has been hacked too, but instead of coming clean and doing something about it (like in the link above), coinmarket.io is doing nothing, posting no updates and has all but disappeared.

Sorry, but it looks like your coins, just like mine, are now lost forever.

There has already been at least one person admit to stealing coins from this exchange on this thread, so there will be lots more out there for sure.   This exchange does not have the coins available for everyone to withdraw.  Thats why they are keeping quiet.  They have no answer to this problem and simply dare not admit it.  If somebody finds out who they are and where they live, then I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.   They could at least take the target off their back by admitting what has happened, but they are that dumb and disrespectful to people who used their exchange in good faith that they don't even do that.

Mayhem007

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:03:32 PM

Join the queue Im afraid.  I requested a withdrawl of just over 1BTC on Feb 25th, no confirmation email arrived, same for 1m Leaf.  No response from the devs by PM, no response on here and nonsense updates on twitter.

It looks like this exchange has been hacked too, but instead of coming clean and doing something about it (like in the link above), coinmarket.io is doing nothing, posting no updates and has all but disappeared.

There has already been at least one person admit to stealing coins from this exchange on this thread, so there will be lots more out there for sure.   This exchange does not have the coins available for everyone to withdraw.  Thats why they are keeping quiet.  They have no answer to this problem and simply dare not admit it.  If somebody finds out who they are and where they live, then I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.   They could at least take the target off their back by admitting what has happened, but they are that dumb and disrespectful to people who used their exchange in good faith that they don't even do that.

Hey idiot do you work for another exchange?  They just posted last night saying they are applying a patch and will put up a poll regarding whether we want all the orders to be reset before they reopen.  So f..kin learn how to read and stop your f..kin whining all over the board.
trcwhale

Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:12:30 PM

Hey idiot do you work for another exchange?  They just posted last night saying they are applying a patch and will put up a poll regarding whether we want all the orders to be reset before they reopen.  So f..kin learn how to read and stop your f..kin whining all over the board.

Such normal.

Look at this way, coinmarket is very very bad at communicating in turn this destroys their reputation. I have sent email and PM here and they dont answer even though they are checking their msg because I see last time they logged in was today!

No communication=more rumors/whining whatever

Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:13:02 PM

You are a true believer.
bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:24:11 PM

People don't usually know about the bugs till you tell them. They could've been working on their new engine in the background for the past week and no one would've been the wiser. They operated the exchange for how many months already with the old engine? A week wouldn't have mattered unless someone inside was leaking the details of the exploit to someone else and it was actively being used.
sinnyc

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:29:14 PM

Something to compare.

That is an excellent example of communicating.  It appears that coinmarket have no intention what so ever of doing something like this.

I couls live with a nominal percentage reduction if indeed it is the error.

Perhaps the thief that posted about withdrawing double BTC in this thread would be kind enough to give it back to coinmarket if something like this can be done here too?

Its starting to smell a lot like coinmarket has been hacked too, but rather than try and fix this open and honestly, they post about bullsh*t patches and trading opening times etc etc....

That other exchange now has people trying to find the thief and taking it out on them, while still having respect for the exchange because they came clean.

Coinmarket just has people angry with them because they are saying nothing at all.

+1 to Snotty and C3ALL

That's the way you deal with a problem - head on and openly.

C3ALL

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:47:57 PM

Hey idiot do you work for another exchange?  They just posted last night saying they are applying a patch and will put up a poll regarding whether we want all the orders to be reset before they reopen.  So f..kin learn how to read and stop your f..kin whining all over the board.

Are you for real?

They posted a made up name of some patch to keep people thinking they are actually doing something.   Look at the post linked to previously by another exchange that got hacked.  Thats professional communication.   The communication from coinmarlet.io is a complete and utter joke.

So get a clue, learn how to interpret behaviour.   You think the behaviour and communication we have seen from coinmarket demonstrates that they are even serious about getting everyones coins back and the exchange running?

Right now with the huge amount of down time and complete lack of communication, what do you think will happen if and when they open up again?

Do you think people will just start trading there again, or do you think everyone will be rushing to get their coins out before the next time it goes down.

What are people doing now when the site comes back up for 5-10 minutes?  Trading?   No.  They are withdrawing coins as fast as they can.

Not a single complaint about not being able to trade, or the buy they placed didnt go through...  every single complaint is about getting coins out.

If you think this exchange has any future at all after this, then feel free to buy my account off me.  Just over 1BTC and about 6m or so leaf.  Ill give you the password for 1 BTC.

You want to prove your faith in this exchange, buy my 1.3BTC account for 1BTC.   If you aren't prepared to do that, then don't bother telling me to shut up when an exchange has stolen about $800 off me.

Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: