Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:17:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread.  (Read 211664 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sinnyc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:51:44 PM

I have the responsibility and burden of running a company with more than a few employees and a significant number of clients. This behavior would be unacceptable to all of our clients. CoinMarket has proven to be incompetent and unable to deliver on their own timeframes several times now.

and every single person here in computers knows your business has shit to do with tech.

Whether it was incompetence, premature delivery (don't talk to me about beta like a retarded child)

well then stop acting like one and learn what the fuck the term means. THE STORE ISNT OPEN.. OFFICIAL. it is a fucking beech with No fucking life guard and a fucking undertow.. if you drown, its your own damn fualt.. dont complain after you are dead that you didnt understand what the sign meant "swim at your own risk, no life guard on duty"

I GET SO SICK OF YOU PEOPLE WHO ACT SO RETARDED ARROUND THE TERM BETA.. this shit is going to happen. if PEOPLE LIKE YOU SEE BETA... RUN.. DONT WALK.. RUN.. RUN AS FAST AS YOUR LITTLE RETARDED SHOES CAN TAKE YOU.

They've failed.. regaining consumer/client confidence would be a struggle at this point.

spoken as a person who doesnt understand money. Money has no friends or enemies.  People go were profits are. Just like no one moved when bush won.. or Obama won, because well america is fucking nice. When the site comes back up.. people will return because for some coins coinmarket is the best place to trade.  and if there is an opportunity to make money, even your retarded ass will be back. If not your more retarded than I thought.

They have failed to keep the community informed on their progress and should have lost the trust of everyone who has been willing to wait this long with over a week of continuous instability.

I have seen more than several communications. I will say they havent communicated ENOUGH.. but your kinda stupid for suggesting they havent kept us informed during this.

the built a new engine.. they were testing it.. someone found a critical bug.. WHICH HAPPENS UNEXPECTANTLY IN TECH.. WHICH IS WHY ALMOST ALL TECH MISSES THE RELEASE DATE.. WHICH IS WHY ALMOST ALL TECH MISSES THE RELEASE DATE. and decided to try to fix it. they said they would be open at 10am gmt this morn.. and so far that hasnt happened and they havent said anything .. but i couldnt know all the rest of this without the posts and tweets. So you are just being hyperbolic and upset.. and yeah its money i get that. BUT YOU ARE STILL RETARDED.. and STILL HAVE NO CONCEPT OF THE TERM BETA. sorry that fact upsets you. You can complain all day long to not talk to you like a retarded kid about beta but it doesnt change the fact that you are acting like a retarded kid when it comes to the term beta.

I think you miss the point.  I don't believe anybody here is taking issue with the fact that "problems happen", especially in beta, or that coinmarket is likely working very hard to fix them.  The issue is with their poor communication.  I don't know what company you work for but I've been in I.T. for nearly 20 years and I can tell you that any project run this way without regular reports to stake holders simply wouldn't be tolerated.  You don't leave people hanging for days on end, missing target date after target date and failing to fulfill the promises they've made to the people with frozen transactions, without some sort of explanation.  Not an in depth technical dissertation, just a statement of where the project stands and what progress has been made.  It really isn't hard.  A couple of sentences once or twice per day would do wonders.

TL;DR  Nobody is asking coinmarket to move mountains - just post short, regular status updates.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 03:58:29 PM

... was pretty astounded that they rendered their exchange irrelevant in so little time. Could have been a gold mine at the rate they were gaining volume. They flushed that down the toilet, you and 3 others might be the only one sending btc to trade there now.

^^This. They had a real franchise as the go-to second-tier exchange. More than a week ago, their order book for Reddcoin were so thick, it looked like something you'd see at Cryptsy.

Now, that franchise is gone. CryptoRush's Redd orderbook was miniscule before Coinmarket's fustercluck, but its thickened quite a bit over the last week. That's a real sign that people are giving up on Coinmarket. Unless they're really lucky, Coinmarket's team will have a damaged-goods exchange on their hands that'll either limp along or fade into the sunset.

They might have to sell it outright. So get your stink bids ready  Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:12:51 PM

COINMARKET

I have been calm, quiet and patient.

Please post an update here as to when I'll be able to get my millions of RDD off your site!
C3ALL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:19:05 PM

So. No updates. No responses to PM's. No validation emails for withdrawals.

That's 1btc and about 6m leaf that I've lost thanks to this exchange.

What a fucking joke.  How hard is it to give a short update each day.

Negative feedback now left as I see their account has been active here today, yet still not the courtesy to respond to my PM's.

Thief!

Franky2010

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

Crypto enthusiast for years.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:24:26 PM

I agree, we can wait some time, nobody will be writing stupid things here, but please, MAKE OFFICIAL STATEMENT!

hadi

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:27:25 PM

Guys when coinmarket.io come back ?
C3ALL

Activity: 140

★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:34:35 PM

Will get a solicitors letter sent to cloudfare and request the personal details of the person who registered the site and purchased the server.

Once I have thier name and address I shall post it here.  I've had no response to my PM's and am down about $7-800 worth of coins now.

If there is no statement and response to my messages and return of my coins I shall resolve this another way.  Either they start making statements or their personal details will be published for all these angry people to do what they want with.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:48:51 PM

Will get a solicitors letter sent to cloudfare and request the personal details of the person who registered the site and purchased the server.

Once I have thier name and address I shall post it here.  I've had no response to my PM's and am down about $7-800 worth of coins now.

If there is no statement and response to my messages and return of my coins I shall resolve this another way.  Either they start making statements or their personal details will be published for all these angry people to do what they want with.

Good luck, but I would assume at the outset that I'd need a full-fledged court order to dox them that way.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

DynamicDK

Activity: 160

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:59:00 PM

Well, one of my withdrawals just came through (20,000,000 RDD or so).  Still have another 10 mil that I am waiting on, but that is at least a good sign.

http://coinbrief.net/
Digital Currency news, mining calculators, forums, and more
BTC:  1Bz95D1Jm4qmm2fTWtK3fF35FnfX4NKiyt
ahhmenuts

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:21:41 PM

I think you miss the point.  I don't believe anybody here is taking issue with the fact that "problems happen", especially in beta, or that coinmarket is likely working very hard to fix them.  The issue is with their poor communication.  I don't know what company you work for but I've been in I.T. for nearly 20 years and I can tell you that any project run this way without regular reports to stake holders simply wouldn't be tolerated.  You don't leave people hanging for days on end, missing target date after target date and failing to fulfill the promises they've made to the people with frozen transactions, without some sort of explanation.  Not an in depth technical dissertation, just a statement of where the project stands and what progress has been made.  It really isn't hard.  A couple of sentences once or twice per day would do wonders.

TL;DR  Nobody is asking coinmarket to move mountains - just post short, regular status updates.

This is a concise follow up.

It's not like I'm asking their team for a daily ten minute scrum meeting. Just a simple "we weren't all run down by a mad bus driver on Friday night". I agree, it's always better to touch base with customers, if only to provide reassurance. Often good communication with quality work far outweighs timeliness on delivery. I've always been upfront with my staff to not give me overly optimistic time frames because of Murphy's law. And as a software architect myself I respect that not knowing is part of the battle, and that developers are often overly optimistic. Atwood talked about that coming up to 10 years ago before IT had a mass shift away from traditional long phase development. It's a faster world, we have much more ability in our IDEs and much stronger testing capabilities, but also a lot more to deal with.

CoinMarket.io has obviously run into some fairly fundamental flaws in their framework. If I were to guess looking at it like the black box it is to me, I'd say they might be dealing with synchronization or concurrency related problems. And if that's the case, I sympathize, but there's two aspects to this, development and business. And while they might be making extraordinary steps to resolve their code issues (not that we'd know), they are failing dismally on the business aspect. Maybe CoinMarket.io will learn something here, maybe they won't. I stand by what I said.

As for the earlier rage post. That almost certainly comes straight from an arrogant entitled dev. I hear at least one rant like that every week..."I just can't do it Captain. I don't have the power!" blah blah.. usually after a few days of "Leave me alone I will have it for you later today" but as you note, it completely misses the point and fails to address or have any resolve for the underlying business issue.

That is.. CoinMarket.io is losing significant market share and are unlikely to regain it.
smackYYZ

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:37:12 PM

I think you miss the point.  I don't believe anybody here is taking issue with the fact that "problems happen", especially in beta, or that coinmarket is likely working very hard to fix them.  The issue is with their poor communication.  I don't know what company you work for but I've been in I.T. for nearly 20 years and I can tell you that any project run this way without regular reports to stake holders simply wouldn't be tolerated.  You don't leave people hanging for days on end, missing target date after target date and failing to fulfill the promises they've made to the people with frozen transactions, without some sort of explanation.  Not an in depth technical dissertation, just a statement of where the project stands and what progress has been made.  It really isn't hard.  A couple of sentences once or twice per day would do wonders.

TL;DR  Nobody is asking coinmarket to move mountains - just post short, regular status updates.

This is a concise follow up.

It's not like I'm asking their team for a daily ten minute scrum meeting. Just a simple "we weren't all run down by a mad bus driver on Friday night". I agree, it's always better to touch base with customers, if only to provide reassurance. Often good communication with quality work far outweighs timeliness on delivery. I've always been upfront with my staff to not give me overly optimistic time frames because of Murphy's law. And as a software architect myself I respect that not knowing is part of the battle, and that developers are often overly optimistic. Atwood talked about that coming up to 10 years ago before IT had a mass shift away from traditional long phase development. It's a faster world, we have much more ability in our IDEs and much stronger testing capabilities, but also a lot more to deal with.

CoinMarket.io has obviously run into some fairly fundamental flaws in their framework. If I were to guess looking at it like the black box it is to me, I'd say they might be dealing with synchronization or concurrency related problems. And if that's the case, I sympathize, but there's two aspects to this, development and business. And while they might be making extraordinary steps to resolve their code issues (not that we'd know), they are failing dismally on the business aspect. Maybe CoinMarket.io will learn something here, maybe they won't. I stand by what I said.

As for the earlier rage post. That almost certainly comes straight from an arrogant entitled dev. I hear at least one rant like that every week..."I just can't do it Captain. I don't have the power!" blah blah.. usually after a few days of "Leave me alone I will have it for you later today" but as you note, it completely misses the point and fails to address or have any resolve for the underlying business issue.

That is.. CoinMarket.io is losing significant market share and are unlikely to regain it.

I'm going to have to agree with you here!

As simple etiquette the small effort of posting at least a daily update, would gain them a lot more understanding. At this point, with the site offline for the extended durations, lack of simple clear communication is just going to leave a very bad taste in a lot of mouths.

I can sympathize with the development issues, but making schedule statements then not updating or saying anything is very bad form.

I just hope they read these notes and make a sound choice to update us. We don't all have pitch forks out!
Giggety

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:38:36 PM

I just want to know if everything is still oke...

I have BTC and KDC on the market..
getmining.info

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:51:33 PM

I wonder if their first venture was 0daycoinz?  Cool

All views are my own, except those that I have subconsciously inherited from my parents and those that I have nicked from far cleverer people.
ryannguyen18

Activity: 183

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:51:47 PM

I withdrawed 11 mil rdd on march 1, I just got it all today... thanks alot..

Bitcoin - 1NCmJ3hXLywaRHTsnm17rGkaJbjtbiKxZW
buny

Activity: 237

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:54:31 PM

coinmarket.io excluded from rating coinwarz.com. probably because coinwarz.com the same beta?  Grin
Angkor

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:34:04 PM

tech or not, if u cant make ur deadlines and stop posting updates to ur users im out
esatceza

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:55:35 PM

when opening site HuhHuhAngry Angry Angry  where coinmarket.io team ? omg...

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:00:03 PM

bump, any word from the coinmarketio team yet?HuhHuhHuh  Angry

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
bcd

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:01:19 PM

Can you give us an update?
Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:04:17 PM

I hope I won't have to hate myself for trusting that CM will come back soon and not removing my coins from there. This crypto world is so unforgiving...
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: