Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:13:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629684 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sparky999

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:10:46 PM

Why would you worry about that? Don't you know how many shares you own? Your shares are already attached to the bitcoin address you had connected to bitfunder.

Shares were sent to AMC-tender, that means they are no longer attached to my bitfunder address. They were sent to an account that Ken controls, how am I supposed to prove ownership of said shares?
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:15:17 PM

Ken we need a solution immediately for shareholders that used bitcoin core payment protol because of the Open SSL bug. Some shareholders need to migrate to brand new Bitcoin addresses. For anyone affected can you allow them to verify their public address and update to a new one?

This is a current serious matter as it's possible an attacker gained access to the private keys of the user and obviously running a cross check to public asset keys would see the addresses hold value.

not sure why a previous address would be affected by heartbleed? is it not only a matter of the software? Also, if I read correctly, Bitcoin-Qt previous version was only affected if it was being run a certain way that made calls to openSSL…

don't stir up fear where there isn't any.
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:18:50 PM

Why would you worry about that? Don't you know how many shares you own? Your shares are already attached to the bitcoin address you had connected to bitfunder.

Shares were sent to AMC-tender, that means they are no longer attached to my bitfunder address. They were sent to an account that Ken controls, how am I supposed to prove ownership of said shares?

They were sent to AMC-TENDER from your bitfunder account that is connected to your bitcoin address so if you can prove ownership of that bitcoin address then you're good. Ken controls them so he can move then to a non-defunct securities exchange.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
sparky999

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:31:01 PM

They were sent to AMC-TENDER from your bitfunder account that is connected to your bitcoin address so if you can prove ownership of that bitcoin address then you're good. Ken controls them so he can move then to a non-defunct securities exchange.

What is to stop Ken saying he purchased those shares from me? Don't get me wrong I'm pretty confident that wont happen but technically I transferred my shares to another person, so whilst I can prove I owned them at some point in time proving ownership currently is nigh on impossible since they are not in my possession and I freely transferred them to another party.
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:35:48 PM

Ken needs to have the Bitfunder Tender list.  Which shows the people (like me and many others) that moved our shares to AMC-TENDER.  With repeated questioning, Ken has not answered whether he has this list.  He has asked that people login to Bitfunder and take screenshots of their trade to AMC-Tender to help prove that they did.  Which kind of tells me that he doesn't have the tender list, because he wouldn't need to do that otherwise.  (Which others have also pointed out.)

I look forward to the day I have my shares so I can immediately sell them and take whatever satoshi I can get for them.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:43:49 PM

Ken we need a solution immediately for shareholders that used bitcoin core payment protol because of the Open SSL bug. Some shareholders need to migrate to brand new Bitcoin addresses. For anyone affected can you allow them to verify their public address and update to a new one?

This is a current serious matter as it's possible an attacker gained access to the private keys of the user and obviously running a cross check to public asset keys would see the addresses hold value.

not sure why a previous address would be affected by heartbleed? is it not only a matter of the software? Also, if I read correctly, Bitcoin-Qt previous version was only affected if it was being run a certain way that made calls to openSSL…

I'm not an expert in the bitcoin core code but Theymos's warning was if you used the new payment protocol in 0.9 its best to assume all keys in memory have been compromised. If so someone could now verify your bitfunder address.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:45:20 PM

And on another note the ongoing share restriction is really the black stain on this operation.

MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:46:52 PM

What is to stop Ken saying he purchased those shares from me? Don't get me wrong I'm pretty confident that wont happen but technically I transferred my shares to another person, so whilst I can prove I owned them at some point in time proving ownership currently is nigh on impossible since they are not in my possession and I freely transferred them to another party.

Who would you have to prove ownership to other than Ken?

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Usman056

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:58:19 PM

wasn't there a list posted for the amc tenders? if so, doesn't that mean that at the point in time that address transferred said shares? btw how exactly do you use your bitcoin address to send a verification??? does anyone have a step by step guide or a link to one?
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:13:38 PM

I'm not an expert in the bitcoin core code but Theymos's warning was if you used the new payment protocol in 0.9 its best to assume all keys in memory have been compromised. If so someone could now verify your bitfunder address.

if someone in the know can confirm this please do, we should all be concerned if so. otherwise it's FUD.
sparky999

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:15:13 PM

A court, a potential buyer, my accountant  . . .
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:17:05 PM

wasn't there a list posted for the amc tenders? if so, doesn't that mean that at the point in time that address transferred said shares? btw how exactly do you use your bitcoin address to send a verification??? does anyone have a step by step guide or a link to one?

There's a BF list of folks who own shares, but I have not seen a posted copy of the tender list.  

Here's how to sign a Bitcoin message from an address you control ->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S88ciN9DsRk

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:12:54 PM

if someone in the know can confirm this please do, we should all be concerned if so. otherwise it's FUD.

It might be possible but then how would they know Ken has asked to you sign from your address to him? This signing is a last resort and will only be needed if you don't have your username, time of tender and amount of shares tendered. So how would a hacker who has taken info from you in the past know that you have been requested to sign a message to Ken on a particular day in the future?

They would need to be hacking the pm's on here to find out who has pm'ed Ken about not having their tender details.

As an added security measure Ken can give you a code that you need to sign the message with which the hacker would not know. If the pm system on here is secure it would be an effective safety measure.

However I have serious doubts abut the Admin on here and do not see the pm system as secure.
Simon Templar

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:17:05 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 07:30:41 PM by Simon Templar

This is a non issue.  DTS is at it again spreading FUD and by his own admittance he knows jack shit about it yet goes ahead and tells the world what needs to be done, instead of asking for advice and saying, "Does anything need to be done?".

Even if this were a legitimate concern there are numerous workarounds, for instance;  off the top of my head, how about anyone who might be concerned, contacts Ken and asks him not to release shares until additional confirmation has been given, such as an email from the same account used during the tender process which Ken could use to verify.  Additionally you could also use the pm function of this website to add an extra layer of security.  It's really not that difficult to use ones brain instead of flapping around in a panicked state trying to get everyone all worked up over nothing.  

EDIT: perspective please;

Has every single private address used in bitcoinqt been compromised?  NO
Of those that have have they all been checked against the ActiveMining asset list?  NO
Has every ActiveMining shareholder used an address generated in the qt client? NO

What Bitcoin Users Need To Know About Heartbleed

First, understand that the core bitcoin protocol, which transfers bitcoin through the system, is unaffected. “Whilst the Bitcoin Core client will be updated to 0.9.1 to address the OpenSSL vulnerability, the core developers stress that the Bitcoin protocol itself is not affected by the Heartbleed bug,” wrote Venzen Khaosan on CryptocoinsNews.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/09/what-bitcoin-users-need-to-know-about-heartbleed/
Komodorpudel

Activity: 137

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:32:05 PM

Ken needs to have the Bitfunder Tender list.  Which shows the people (like me and many others) that moved our shares to AMC-TENDER.  With repeated questioning, Ken has not answered whether he has this list.  He has asked that people login to Bitfunder and take screenshots of their trade to AMC-Tender to help prove that they did.  Which kind of tells me that he doesn't have the tender list, because he wouldn't need to do that otherwise.  (Which others have also pointed out.)

I look forward to the day I have my shares so I can immediately sell them and take whatever satoshi I can get for them.

This shouldn't be a problem. You can still login to bitfunder and have a look at all transactions.

The only possible problem could be, that there is no list of people who did not transfer theire shares to AMC Tender till the bitfunder shutdown
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:01:08 PM

When will we verify our shares? Or has that time already passed? I have all the info needed from bitfunder just need to verify them with ken. Has everyone done this already? should I just pm him?
That is a great question I have listed Ken's responses to questions about when shares will be verified and able to be traded for you below.

Sorry for the delay in getting Crypto-Trade up and running.  I am still working on some legal aspects of the tender offer. December 17th

Edit: Getting trading up and running is now my number one mission. 21st Jan 2014

We will start moving Investors shares to Crypto-Trade within the next 7 days. - Jan 22nd 2014

We will start the process of verifying the shares tomorrow. Jan 30th 2014

It is going to be a few more days before, I can get the verifying program uploaded to the server. Jan 31st 2014

Yes, I will be working on this the next few days.  I don't see to many problems getting it running ASAP. Jan 31st 2014

I am hoping to get shareholders shares transferred ASAP and get full trading up and running. Feb 13th 2014

In response to 'AND GET US OUR SHARES AND DIVS!'

KEn's reply 'Working on that.' March 31st 2014

Next week I will start transferring shares to CT so our investors can start trading. 4th April 2014

I will start working on the verification program on Monday, moving it up to the server and testing it out. April 6th

Working on getting the verification site up this week. April 9th 2014
The end of the week is 3 days away, please make this happen. I don't want to have to hear that you're working on getting us our share's for the 11th time in 4 months. I honestly think you should get us listed at https://www.havelockinvestments.com They are government accredited, have their money transmitting license and they have decent volume. It is very easy to get listed there and they are more than willing to help you get listed. I have been dealing with them for one and a half years now with no problems and I send every Canuck I know that wants to buy coins to www.cavirtex.com/orderbook, Havelock's sister company. CT's total 24h volume for every single security that they have listed is less than 1 coin. There 30 day average for all security's listed is also less than one coin, where AM's 24hr average on Havelock is 25 coins a day. Being listed on the same site as our competitor would be a great benefit as we could take advantage of the speculators bouncing between companies. Canada is and has been very Bitcoin friendly when most other country's can't seem to make up their mind day to day. Also contact Bitpay and get us a BTC payment processor, we are a Bitcoin mining company, that sells Bitcoin mining gear, but we do not take Bitcoin? Still to this day I have a hard time believing that someone could have had coins on Mt. Gox. 90% of people that are in Bitcoin knew that Mountain of Cox was a POS company and was doing a death rattle.  If you could screen shot your Mt. Gox profile screen and show it to the people waiting for refunds they might be a bit more understanding. I think this is one of the times when you were not telling people what was going on and it could have been prevented. It has been stated before that within your shareholders you have some very knowledgeable people that want nothing but the best for this company. Feel free to ask for peoples opinions on stuff, you don't have to take the advice but if you were to just put the idea out there we would have never lost 200 coins for example. Remember, it takes a pillage to raze a village, or something like that.  For the most part the shareholders are extremely glad to see progress and that we can see some light at the end of the tunnel, but as shareholders we do wish to hold our share's.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:43:09 PM

Fair enough guys. I just got the impression a compromise was possible and if existed a way to verify our address then perhaps Ken could move us onto a new one.

At the moment we are stuck with this limbo.

On another note. Is the bitcoin price drop a good or bad thing for activemining?
chairforce1

Activity: 316

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:50:28 AM

Is the bitcoin price drop a good or bad thing for activemining?

I would think good for converting cash for dividends into BTC, bad for mining returns vs. cost to mine. The graphs though...I can't go to sleep....I just keep wanting more blood.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
somestranger

Activity: 487

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:23:06 AM

Ken already said they hired an accountant to get the books up to spec since the IRS issued its tax guidelines for Bitcoin.
zefyr0s

Activity: 245

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:24:30 AM

ugh, i wouldn't want to have that job...
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: