Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:32:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities!  (Read 145630 times)
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 09:13:38 AM

many people don't read the whitepaper because it's complicated, it's the thought of a beginner maybe, but to get into ico we have to read the whitepaper and the clarity of the team must be correct, to ensure a scam or not

Yes, it is complicated but people can understand what is it about if they know crypto a little bit. If they don't understand enough information about it, i think they shouldn't invest. Otherwise, it would be a gamble for them, not an investment.

Your comparison is right, but nowadays people always demands for more easy readings, they have no time, yeah even for their investments:) so an easier whitepaper will help the sales.

omwibya

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:36:27 AM

many people don't read the whitepaper because it's complicated, it's the thought of a beginner maybe, but to get into ico we have to read the whitepaper and the clarity of the team must be correct, to ensure a scam or not

I am not sure that i understood Ethereum when it was on ico stage, or when Monero started, i really didn't have a clue what i was doing mining it. And half of this goes beyond my understanding. But i didn't and will not blame the project for my lack of understanding.  All i can say is that read the answers, and the medium posts. With every answer i learn a little bit more because they are written so well. Reading something twice helps too.

And this is a research project, so of course it's complicated. But the depth of the answers in this thread is in whole new level and you can judge much by those.

As long as people understand that the responsibility for investing falls on their shoulders , then it's fine.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:00:46 AM

Yes, it is complicated but people can understand what is it about if they know crypto a little bit. If they don't understand enough information about it, i think they shouldn't invest. Otherwise, it would be a gamble for them, not an investment.

Your comparison is right, but nowadays people always demands for more easy readings, they have no time, yeah even for their investments:) so an easier whitepaper will help the sales.

Yes, it is true. Scientific papers won't attract as much investors as dumbed down papers or videos. It is part of the marketing effort.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:06:16 AM

I am not sure that i understood Ethereum when it was on ico stage, or when Monero started, i really didn't have a clue what i was doing mining it. And half of this goes beyond my understanding. But i didn't and will not blame the project for my lack of understanding.  All i can say is that read the answers, and the medium posts. With every answer i learn a little bit more because they are written so well. Reading something twice helps too.

And this is a research project, so of course it's complicated. But the depth of the answers in this thread is in whole new level and you can judge much by those.

I agree with you, their community manager is anwering questions in details and he really helps to understand what this project is about. Reading the whitepaer twice, three times etc... doesn't hurt anyway

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:34:14 PM

Whitepapers are aimed at a very wide range of people most of them don't have advanced technical knowledge, so it should be understandable if you ask me. At least basics, so everybody could understand what the project is about at its core.

Digitelow

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:50:42 PM

I agree with you, their community manager is anwering questions in details and he really helps to understand what this project is about. Reading the whitepaer twice, three times etc... doesn't hurt anyway
Especially in some cases related to the new classification policy. But I hope your site is down now is not a privacy issue, or something that goes on for a long time
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:50:45 PM

Seems like a solid project, but I can't fathom how one can possibly hope to create a scalable distributed network that can handle bulky media network traffic while also promising anonymity. People usually have a hard enough time tackling those problems separately.

Everything is explained in the whitepaper, they worked out the theory behind it and there is also some pseudo code. You can see they just didn't woke up in the morning, hacked up a whitepaper with some feature would appeal people with cash in their pocket and started this.

File transfer is described in chapter 6 of the whitepaper. Simply said they will leverage existing distributed file systems like https://orcproject.gitlab.io/ or IPFS I suppose. If you think they are limited to a few megabytes, check this out https://github.com/ipfs/archives/issues/87
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:55:09 PM

I think STO is going to be next big thing in 2019. DUSK is creating foundation with security and privacy in mind is main difference than other project. I am looking forward to join

belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 03:50:48 PM

Something that the crypt world lacks, and it can easily become the new big thing, so many mischievous projects coming up, few ideas, sure this will hold me for a while, and it makes me rethink
Jepli

Activity: 315

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 04:46:35 PM

Seems like a solid project, but I can't fathom how one can possibly hope to create a scalable distributed network that can handle bulky media network traffic while also promising anonymity. People usually have a hard enough time tackling those problems separately.

I share your thoughts also but according to the team this is a research project and its normal that it has complexities. In this sense, we should rather trust the ability of the team to deliver it.

the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:11:32 PM

I share your thoughts also but according to the team this is a research project and its normal that it has complexities. In this sense, we should rather trust the ability of the team to deliver it.

I'll trust but verify. I want this to be successful , but I don't want to be burned, happened before.

ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:48:37 PM

Independent rating platform Icobench rated this project 4.0/5.0, this is good result: https://icobench.com/ico/dusk-network
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2884
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:56:29 PM

i also believe that this project is basically a research project so very complex, i hope the team is able to complete it and offer a high quality network with unique features...
aveon

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 09:18:45 PM

Independent rating platform Icobench rated this project 4.0/5.0, this is good result: https://icobench.com/ico/dusk-network
Yeah, previously, at the bull run, the really good marks started at 4.2-4.3. Now, it's lower because not so many successful projects appear.
hicaribou

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 09:26:28 PM

Yeah, previously, at the bull run, the really good marks started at 4.2-4.3. Now, it's lower because not so many successful projects appear.
There are still no experts/people giving it a rating, the ico profile rating is from the icobench bot right? So i think the score will change later if people giving it rating.
traveler007

Activity: 840

ZooomEx- a new cryptocurrency exchange!

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:55:05 AM

I saw news that former General Manager of BitPay and Mastercard - Marcel Roelants joined to Duck project. Can you explaine in which role he joined? (which position he take in your project) ? And link to Medium does not work anymore... why?

https://twitter.com/DuskFoundation/status/1048147815388663809

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 04:43:57 AM

I saw news that former General Manager of BitPay and Mastercard - Marcel Roelants joined to Duck project. Can you explaine in which role he joined? (which position he take in your project) ? And link to Medium does not work anymore... why?

https://twitter.com/DuskFoundation/status/1048147815388663809

From the background, i can say its a huge addition to Dusk network. They will explain his role in the project in further messages i think.

omwibya

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:08:33 AM

don't trust this too much. it's just an estimation. better to look into the project yourselves.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:18:03 AM

If this is the new guy which will be advising you it appear to have quite an impressive curriculum i reckon  Cool

https://nl.linkedin.com/in/marcel-roelants

Please put back the medium article or explain his role further if there is something more than is not obvious thank you

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:56:17 AM

If this is the new guy which will be advising you it appear to have quite an impressive curriculum i reckon  Cool

https://nl.linkedin.com/in/marcel-roelants

Please put back the medium article or explain his role further if there is something more than is not obvious thank you

That's an impressive CV. It looks like he can help the project with his practical work experience.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: