Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:32:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 📡SCIENTIFICCOIN - BlockShow Oscar Winner🎓+ Invest in scientific discoveries 👓  (Read 65859 times)
omwibya

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:43:31 AM

I doubt dividends will be paid out in fiat. They would need their own exchange for that and that would only complicate the situation.

I think so too. Maybe they will use their own token for that. It would keep things simple for them.

I've never seen any project pay out dividends in fiat. it's just too complicated and isn't worth it.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
loup

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:57:02 AM

I doubt dividends will be paid out in fiat. They would need their own exchange for that and that would only complicate the situation.

I think so too. Maybe they will use their own token for that. It would keep things simple for them.

I've never seen any project pay out dividends in fiat. it's just too complicated and isn't worth it.
They probably will pay in their own tokens but paying in fiat would be a nice option too.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:09:19 PM

They probably will pay in their own tokens but paying in fiat would be a nice option too.

Even if they offered fiat, I think many people prefer to stay somewhat anonymous and would chose ETH or token payments but having a fiat option would be nice for some people.  Smiley
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:22:28 PM

why not do everything in fiat that will be more convenient  Grin
omwibya

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:15:33 PM

not, it really won't. because then you'd have to deal with tax laws from a hundred different countries.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:29:26 PM

not, it really won't. because then you'd have to deal with tax laws from a hundred different countries.

Certainly, looking at this side, we understand the position of the Team, even more now, with regulations coming into force, and many others being prepared around the world, avoid future legal problems is really important
germsite

Activity: 1009

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:03:19 PM

Certainly, looking at this side, we understand the position of the Team, even more now, with regulations coming into force, and many others being prepared around the world, avoid future legal problems is really important

Decentralizing and democratizing scientific discovers is a brilliant idea if executed correctly. It let's the people support causes of all types and it's good because everyone is individual and then has a chance to support causes that serve him or herself.
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:20:37 PM

why not do everything in fiat that will be more convenient  Grin

I think the use of fiat will be more complicated since the participants will be from around the world and they have their own currencies.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:13:49 PM

why not do everything in fiat that will be more convenient  Grin

I think the use of fiat will be more complicated since the participants will be from around the world and they have their own currencies.

So why is some people concerned with fiat conversion  Grin
loup

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:27:06 PM

I think they are worried about the laws and taxes of the different countries.
aveon

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:56:58 PM

I think they are worried about the laws and taxes of the different countries.
Besides, they may be worried (e.g. I am personally) about the exchange rate in a certain moment of time in a certain area, especially as it was mentioned previously that all participants are from different countries having their own currencies.
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:04:26 PM

Even if they offered fiat, I think many people prefer to stay somewhat anonymous and would chose ETH or token payments but having a fiat option would be nice for some people.  Smiley

Of course it would be nice, but I don't think it's happening. Even ETH payments are not that popular amongst projects, usually it's just their own coins, that's the easiest for them.

maurobiasolo (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:17:29 PM

To clarify previous conversations:
Initially, we will accept only ETH because it's easier. In the second stage, we will be accepting also BTC and all the major coins: FIAT is an option in place because, frankly, it's difficult to think a world without FIAT  Wink (at the moment)

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
maurobiasolo (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:19:36 PM

So the core benefits would be getting the royalties for the token holders? Do you have the breakdown of how much the token holders can get each year for each token?

If I'm not mistaken Scientificcoin holders get 5% of the collected amount of each project of their platform which will be paid annually.

So it's a holders community coin.  Who gets the rest of the shares ?

there will be profit sharing from the projects as well if I understand it correctly. Otherwise it would basically be donating for a good cause without any return.
I correctly understood - the holders of the token will receive dividends? This news can whet the interest of large investors who want constant profits.
also seems to me a good news, the token holders will receive dividends, 5% seems a very good percentage,i think this will be a further incentive for potential investors...

The 5% is more of a cashback though. You invest a certain amount and in the end you'll get back 5% of it.
Dividends would be on top of it if the project you invested in makes profit and you get your share.

the 5% will be shared by SNcoins holders. It's a reward we want to give to our coins investors.
Then each project, based on the ICO terms, will distribute some sort of rewards (but independently from the 5%)

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:30:32 PM

Initially, we will accept only ETH because it's easier. In the second stage, we will be accepting also BTC and all the major coins: FIAT is an option in place because, frankly, it's difficult to think a world without FIAT  Wink (at the moment)

Thanks for the update! So you are considering fiat, that's good to know. What about dividends and royalties? Can you please clarify that?

sge99

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 06:55:28 PM

Thanks for your clarification.
Another questions, I'm wondering, do you have already science projects in the pipeline which would use your platform?

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:37:35 PM

i believe that if the solution of the dividend will be adopted these will eventually be distributed in tokens and not only for a question of taxes but also of costs, i believe the tokens have a low cost for the team...
loup

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:53:58 PM

Another questions, I'm wondering, do you have already science projects in the pipeline which would use your platform?
Thanks for the info. Accepting just ETH in the first stage shouldn't be a problem although it would be good to have more options just in case.
LastHiT

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:00:37 PM

You have a point there mate. I think it would be nice if they have already some projects in line once they've rolled out the platform.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:50:31 AM

It’s would be cool if the platform will accept major coin in a second time. Eth only is also good but the more they accept the better it is. I’m impatient to see the firsts project in this platform, the possibility to invest in scientific research with crypto is really good I think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: