Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:38:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 [829] 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509656 times)
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:38:57 AM

feel for ya loss mate.  makes you wonder how they know you had them. the way things have been lately it pays to just keep BC offline and not worry about stakeing as the risk of haveing them stolen are to great
nanard

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:39:25 AM

Guys........today my 27k bcs have been stolen.

I am shattered completely. It is sad that I can no longer buy any bc now as i have no money left.

Somebody with address B5QC3Fb7D4WGfXXd3EgvJLFEQuwGKDcKVD (bastard) stole my all money.

This is really sad.....I think my wallet has been hacked.

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

1. Encrypted and closed for staking not connected to the Internet
2. Encrypted and closed for staking but connected to the Internet
3. Encrypted but temporarily opened for staking and by definition connected to the Internet
3. Unencrypted and staking and by definition connected to the Internet

Also:
4. Do you have AV installed and if so which one?
5. Do you have a firewall and have you blocked all unknown apps to the Internet
6. OS that your wallet was kept on.
7. Did you have a strong password and please tell us the complexity of the pwd you had for your wallet eg. 8 char, 1 digit etc.
AV was installed but it was connected to computer and pwd was 8 ch with capital and few numbers

The private keys could have been stolen before the wallet encryption, furthermore, a keylogger can catch your password.
devachelekar

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:40:59 AM

I am shattered completely. It is sad that I can no longer buy any bc now as i have no money left.

Somebody with address B5QC3Fb7D4WGfXXd3EgvJLFEQuwGKDcKVD (bastard) stole my all money.

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

3. Encrypted but temporarily opened for staking and by definition connected to the Internet

Also:
7. Did you have a strong password and please tell us the complexity of the pwd you had for your wallet eg. 8 char, 1 digit etc.
AV was installed but it was connected to computer and pwd was 8 ch with capital and few numbers

Encrypted but temporarily opened for staking and by definition connected to the Internet
firewall was not there
Windows 7
he took them in five transactions  100  1000 9000 12500 11 or so
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:42:53 AM

You have a keylogger in your computer. Search for it and remove.
Another great example why to have decent AV and FW.
Windows can be just as safe as any other OS. People are just careless or clueless.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
nanard

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:43:22 AM

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:

Encrypted but temporarily opened for staking and by definition connected to the Internet
firewall was not there
Windows 7

Firewall doesn't help and AV are necessarily late on threatens.
To be secure on the whole process is critical : from wallet creation to transactions. Avoid Microsoft Windows.
noerc

Activity: 248

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:43:43 AM

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:

The private keys could have been stolen before the wallet encryption, furthermore, a keylogger can catch your password.

This is the third case now in two days I heard of and its always windows ... I really think there is a keylogger going around and the BC hype attracted it to scan the tasks for blackcoin-qt (or how its called on windows).

devachelekar, important: change all your passwords, especially your exchange passwords (MintPal etc.). Do NOT use your current workstation for that, if you don't have anything else then use your phone.
nlrobbie

Activity: 105

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:44:37 AM

any help

did you encrypt your wallet? Once your coins where stolen you wont find them back i think

i had encrypted it but unlocked for stacking for three hours

I feel sorry for you to but only have 1200 coins myself so cant donate..
devachelekar

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:45:38 AM

i do not want to burden u with donations but sadly enough i have no money left to buy and loosing faith is another task ahead of me
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:46:08 AM

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:

firewall was not there
Windows 7

To be secure on the whole process is critical : from wallet creation to transactions. Avoid Microsoft Windows.

avoiding microsoft is all good and true, how ever linix has pretty limited driver support for most of my hardware that i have running so i have to stick with windows.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:48:35 AM

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:

firewall was not there
Windows 7

You probably got malware on your PC then.

Until there is some kind of 2FA for making payment from the wallet one should take a wallet off the Internet, make a backup and only go online to make a payment, transfer small amounts to a temp mobile wallet or to collect interest once per year and wiping all traces of app and wallet from your PC after each time. The bane of crypto-currency. If there is money and value the hackers will follow. Challenge to the devs to implement something to protect the open wallets sitting on the Net, or at least a detailed guide for the layman of how to protect his wallet when using PoS.
devachelekar

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:48:43 AM

any help

did you encrypt your wallet? Once your coins where stolen you wont find them back i think

i had encrypted it but unlocked for stacking for three hours

I feel sorry for you to but only have 1200 coins myself so cant donate..

Hey guys keep your bc very very safe.........and plz avoid the feeling that I am getting now....its really bad...you cant even cry!!!
nanard

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:51:42 AM

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:

firewall was not there
Windows 7

avoiding microsoft is all good and true, how ever linix has pretty limited driver support for most of my hardware that i have running so i have to stick with windows.

Try this :
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily-live/current/

To manage your money you only need keyboard, mouse, video card and Wifi or Ethernet. I can't imagine Ubuntu unable to handle this.
Buy a dedicated cheap basic laptop, even a second-hand one. In my opinion this is the price for a decentralized currency. Remember : you are your own bank.
mrbenjie

Activity: 364
Merit: 301

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 10:55:17 AM

when i make a backup there is only a file wallet.dat.
then i can remove the whole map were the wallet is installed?

and when i want the wallet back ... i copy'd the wallet.dat from usb and download the wallet again?
is this how it works?

▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████████████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀▀     ▀▀██████████▄
  ▄█████████▀            ▀█████████▄
 ▄█████████▀   ▄██████▄   ▀████████▄
▄██████████    ████████    █████████▄
███████████    ████████    ██████████
███████████    ████████    ███████████
███████████                ███████████
▀██████████                ██████████▀
 ▀█████████    ████████    █████████▀
  ▀████████    ████████    ████████▀
   ▀███████    ████████    ███████▀
     ▀██████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀████████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀████████████▀▀
all.me
SOCIAL NETWORK OF THE BLOCKCHAIN TIME
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   BOUNTY all.MEJan 29th May 8th, 2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

zeta93

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:59:36 AM

It's a pump and dump.  A month and a half ago the pump of the month was Mintcoin and Vertcoin.

There's nothing special about Blackcoin at all and here are the reasons

- Faster Transaction speeds ~ a lot of alternate coins can claim this too
- Proof of Stake.  Old mechanism ~ Peercoin, NxT and other coins have had this for ages
- Bitclone (the client is a reskin of BTC)
- Distribution.  Top 100 wallets own the majority of Blackcoin.
- Novelty merchandise

I know the Bagholders and Whales will say I am a naysayer but there's absolutely nothing here to push Blackcoin into the $100+ million capitalization and let alone to keep it there.

Litecoin was a fluke, in part due to the dumb funds who missed out on BTC and threw money on LTC, and it's not likely to be repeated since those funds have since learned their lesson and realize they sit on worthless LTC coins.

I think it will reach its peak this weekend and crash slowly in 2-3 weeks after that, but it will still be over 3mil in marketcap.
collins3857

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:59:50 AM

Seednode down, need nodes

CoolCoin - Free+IPO POS 30%.CPfwwHZ8Szccy2s4kYMNg3ft4eys4G2Z2o
nanard

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:00:02 AM

when i make a backup there is only a file wallet.dat.
then i can remove the whole map were the wallet is installed?

and when i want the wallet back ... i copy'd the wallet.dat from usb and download the wallet again?
is this how it works?

Noob procedure :
File->Backup Wallet

Expert procedure :
Help->Debug window->console :
dumpprivkey <blackcoinaddress>
Take care : this is the plaintext private key for a given blackcoin address. You can write it to a paper and bury it in your garden  Grin
draco71

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:05:09 AM

bla-bla bullshit ...

I wish all P&D are like that one. I already have 10 times ROI and 90% of my initial coins intact.

Go cry somewhere else for missing the opportunity noob.

My heart belongs to RieCoin (RIC), my investments to BlackCoin (BC)
JamesR1

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:07:15 AM

Can we not have two wallets? One a wallet on the Pc and another one a vault on a usb. And every now and then when you want you transfer you bc from your wallet to your vault. Probably using two different addresses.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
zwiggelbig

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:07:29 AM

Cant we become the first coin to have 2way verification on our windows wallet?

And can I send coins to a unsynched wallet that is still downloading blocks?

advanced

Activity: 267

Woodwallets.io

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 11:07:35 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 01:12:09 PM by advanced

Dude, I feel sorry for your loss but that would not happen if you just take your goddamn coins out of computer.

For the rest of you, if you don't want to risk loosing coins on exchanges, on paper crap,online wallets:

http://woodwallets.io
Get a woodwallet now, 20% off if you pay in BC. If you are not willing to invest some mBTC to protect your assets you might deserve loosing them :|

Generate a private + public key here www.blackwallet.me and make sure you encrypt it with BIP38. Then send it over here

https://woodwallets.io/product/woowallet-private-key-and-public-address/

In no time you will get one of these guys on your desk (free shipping worldwide)

Today I'm sending more and more BC orders. Thank you for buying, you won't regret Wink

How else can I tell you ? DO NOT RISK LOOSING POTENTIAL HUNDRES THOUSANDS DOLLARS TO SAVE 10!

Bitmessage : BM-NAx31aEiqeq5zKUtxhKscXQ7Dwn1jJfR
Pages: « 1 ... 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 [829] 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: