Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 09:03:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814514 times)
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:10:06 PM

Dyna-  go focus on projects, (but don't forget to take some brain cleansing down time)  I'm sure alot of us here can answer some of the questions that arise.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 10:38:15 PM

As we work on the DNotesVault, we would love to hear your suggestions.

Is it easy to send DNotes to someone who knows nothing about digital currency? Can we make it easier?

Do you feel safe storing your coins at DNotesVault?
Is it easy to understand why your coins are safe at the DNotesVault?

Is the dashboard easy to understand and use?

Here are my personal thoughts in my experiences with give-aways that I have run. I'd like to mention that DYNA and DNotes were very helpful in the whole process. I gave crypto to about 30 Vault accounts so far, I was happy that approx 30% were female, a massive demographic with less exposure to this industry.

Is it easy to send DNotes to someone who knows nothing about digital currency? Can we make it easier?

*Being able to send digital currency to people who have no prior knowledge about it is really easy with the ability to attach the Notes to their e-mail.

*Explaining the advantages of crypto is exciting conversation to have with each unfamiliar person, but doing it several times a day, in multiple conversation mediums (facebook / e-mail / in person), it can become very time consuming. It is making me think that somebody from the community (I think I just put my hand up?) could write up a ~1000 word crypto "information" page that highlights the all the benefits of crypto, but also explains in detail without losing the reader, the comparative advantages DNotes enjoys over its rivals. I'm thinking this page should include screen shots of each step of the process (email, registration, and then dashboard) and in the future maybe some monthly progress reports on the market and how Dnotes has performed long term with some fancy graphs etc (I do that stuff in my spare time, so will just copy and paste it and make sure the grammar is tidy without lots of brackets and comma abuse!) The best mediums we could consider using to post the "update" information would be here on bitcointalk, on the FB page, twitter and the vault / Dnotescoin websites. I think potential investors would be quite interested, or at least give a second look into claims of "since this date, DNotes has gone from 1200 satoshi, to 3800 satoshi, which equates to $x to $x even taking into account the btc fall."

We could try and make some more videos like MiningHabit made a while ago that demonstrated how to buy from exchanges, the pc wallet demo's are a bit outdated.

*Giving the gifts of crypto to so many people, I found many of them didn't really understand it properly, but saw the value in "oh, it could go like the bitcoin one went, and be worth lots one day, oh sure i'll take it!", I'd say of the people who knew nothing about crypto, half of them were like this, the other half were more inquisitive and talked about wanting to discuss further when they had more money to properly invest and legitimately saw it as a long term investment - these people made me particularly happy. There exist many people who support crypto based on their moral conscience, and those people were over the moon to accept their "first crypto". My hope was that these people would 1. know that I'd done my research on what the best crypto was and 2. they would automatically think of Dnotes (after bitcoin) when somebody says "crypto", creating a tacit association.

It feels safe storing my crypto there, especially with the guaranteed fund. It is also very easy to understand why the coins are safe, there is a good explanation on the Vault website.

Yup, it sure is. It is good that you included having an "available balance" on top of a "overall balance". This means that I know that several people still haven't registered for their vault accounts that I've sent crypto to. In future, I imagine the Vault will look more like a chequeing account, where you can see your ingoings / outgoings, and just imagine how cool it would be to have a VaultCard that you could use on an eftpos terminal! - Would just have to find a payment processor, and write lots of code!

Thanks for the great response TeeGee.

Yep, we do need to add the account history for each address, so you can see what is happening.

Mastering the explanation of digital currency and it's benefits is quite a task. If that is something you are willing to tackle, it could make an excellent reference point.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 10:51:11 PM

Dyna-  go focus on projects, (but don't forget to take some brain cleansing down time)  I'm sure alot of us here can answer some of the questions that arise.

Good luck elrugrim Smiley

I remember putting in a full day in the field with Dyna, going home to eat and shower, and then coming back he is still there working away.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:52:09 AM

Here are my personal thoughts in my experiences with give-aways that I have run. I'd like to mention that DYNA and DNotes were very helpful in the whole process. I gave crypto to about 30 Vault accounts so far, I was happy that approx 30% were female, a massive demographic with less exposure to this industry.

*Being able to send digital currency to people who have no prior knowledge about it is really easy with the ability to attach the Notes to their e-mail.

*Explaining the advantages of crypto is exciting conversation to have with each unfamiliar person, but doing it several times a day, in multiple conversation mediums (facebook / e-mail / in person), it can become very time consuming. It is making me think that somebody from the community (I think I just put my hand up?) could write up a ~1000 word crypto "information" page that highlights the all the benefits of crypto, but also explains in detail without losing the reader, the comparative advantages DNotes enjoys over its rivals. I'm thinking this page should include screen shots of each step of the process (email, registration, and then dashboard) and in the future maybe some monthly progress reports on the market and how Dnotes has performed long term with some fancy graphs etc (I do that stuff in my spare time, so will just copy and paste it and make sure the grammar is tidy without lots of brackets and comma abuse!) The best mediums we could consider using to post the "update" information would be here on bitcointalk, on the FB page, twitter and the vault / Dnotescoin websites. I think potential investors would be quite interested, or at least give a second look into claims of "since this date, DNotes has gone from 1200 satoshi, to 3800 satoshi, which equates to $x to $x even taking into account the btc fall."

We could try and make some more videos like MiningHabit made a while ago that demonstrated how to buy from exchanges, the pc wallet demo's are a bit outdated.

*Giving the gifts of crypto to so many people, I found many of them didn't really understand it properly, but saw the value in "oh, it could go like the bitcoin one went, and be worth lots one day, oh sure i'll take it!", I'd say of the people who knew nothing about crypto, half of them were like this, the other half were more inquisitive and talked about wanting to discuss further when they had more money to properly invest and legitimately saw it as a long term investment - these people made me particularly happy. There exist many people who support crypto based on their moral conscience, and those people were over the moon to accept their "first crypto". My hope was that these people would 1. know that I'd done my research on what the best crypto was and 2. they would automatically think of Dnotes (after bitcoin) when somebody says "crypto", creating a tacit association.

It feels safe storing my crypto there, especially with the guaranteed fund. It is also very easy to understand why the coins are safe, there is a good explanation on the Vault website.

Yup, it sure is. It is good that you included having an "available balance" on top of a "overall balance". This means that I know that several people still haven't registered for their vault accounts that I've sent crypto to. In future, I imagine the Vault will look more like a chequeing account, where you can see your ingoings / outgoings, and just imagine how cool it would be to have a VaultCard that you could use on an eftpos terminal! - Would just have to find a payment processor, and write lots of code!

I like this idea, but it would really stand out if it was different from all the other how to's and videos that claim to be easy enough for grandma to understand, but actually leave grandma more confused than ever!  In order for cryptocurrency to work, everyone,including those with only basic computer skills, has to feel that they fit in somehow.  Other than DNotes, I don't know of any other coin that has done anything to tackle this.  The CR.I.S.P. is easy for people to comprehend because they have already heard of Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP), Registered Education Savings Plans (RESP), Dividend Reinvestment Plans (DRIP), etc.  We have given them a place to learn at CryptoMoms.  They are also familiar with their investments being held in a secure place (banks, investment companies, and now DNotesVault) and want nothing to do with downloading wallets and storing their investments on their computers.  We should emphasize how they can fit in at DNotes, by holding it as an investment, and spare them most of the complicated aspects of crypto.

Would it be a good idea to have this write-up (TeeGee Smiley) with screen shots simple and inviting enough that we could email it to friends, family, and acquaintances, telling them that if they are interested, there are a certain amount of DNotes waiting for them when they sign up at the Vault?  Perhaps with an expiry date?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 01:26:24 AM

I like this idea, but it would really stand out if it was different from all the other how to's and videos that claim to be easy enough for grandma to understand, but actually leave grandma more confused than ever!  In order for cryptocurrency to work, everyone,including those with only basic computer skills, has to feel that they fit in somehow.  Other than DNotes, I don't know of any other coin that has done anything to tackle this.  The CR.I.S.P. is easy for people to comprehend because they have already heard of Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP), Registered Education Savings Plans (RESP), Dividend Reinvestment Plans (DRIP), etc.  We have given them a place to learn at CryptoMoms.  They are also familiar with their investments being held in a secure place (banks, investment companies, and now DNotesVault) and want nothing to do with downloading wallets and storing their investments on their computers.  We should emphasize how they can fit in at DNotes, by holding it as an investment, and spare them most of the complicated aspects of crypto.

Would it be a good idea to have this write-up (TeeGee Smiley) with screen shots simple and inviting enough that we could email it to friends, family, and acquaintances, telling them that if they are interested, there are a certain amount of DNotes waiting for them when they sign up at the Vault?  Perhaps with an expiry date?

I think that is certainly part of the problem Chase. After reading many write ups and watching many videos on crytocurrency, all attempt to make it easier to understand by breaking down how bitcoin actually works, from blocks to mining and algorithms with very little focus on the benefits. This approach is great for an audience with a technology background, maybe it's not the best approach for the everyday user. When shopping for a car, one doesn't ask why and how antilock brakes work, they just want to know it helps keep them and their family safe by allowing them to come to a stop more quickly.

I'm not suggesting it needs to be written any certain way, just throwing around ideas.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:11:51 AM

I like this idea, but it would really stand out if it was different from all the other how to's and videos that claim to be easy enough for grandma to understand, but actually leave grandma more confused than ever!  In order for cryptocurrency to work, everyone,including those with only basic computer skills, has to feel that they fit in somehow.  Other than DNotes, I don't know of any other coin that has done anything to tackle this.  The CR.I.S.P. is easy for people to comprehend because they have already heard of Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP), Registered Education Savings Plans (RESP), Dividend Reinvestment Plans (DRIP), etc.  We have given them a place to learn at CryptoMoms.  They are also familiar with their investments being held in a secure place (banks, investment companies, and now DNotesVault) and want nothing to do with downloading wallets and storing their investments on their computers.  We should emphasize how they can fit in at DNotes, by holding it as an investment, and spare them most of the complicated aspects of crypto.

Would it be a good idea to have this write-up (TeeGee Smiley) with screen shots simple and inviting enough that we could email it to friends, family, and acquaintances, telling them that if they are interested, there are a certain amount of DNotes waiting for them when they sign up at the Vault?  Perhaps with an expiry date?

I think that is certainly part of the problem Chase. After reading many write ups and watching many videos on crytocurrency, all attempt to make it easier to understand by breaking down how bitcoin actually works, from blocks to mining and algorithms with very little focus on the benefits. This approach is great for an audience with a technology background, maybe it's not the best approach for the everyday user. When shopping for a car, one doesn't ask why and how antilock brakes work, they just want to know it helps keep them and their family safe by allowing them to come to a stop more quickly.

I'm not suggesting it needs to be written any certain way, just throwing around ideas.

I think TeeGee has the 'keep it simple' covered - "explains in detail without losing the reader", "advantages DNotes enjoys over it's rivals", "screen shots of each step".  I kind of went on a DNotes bragging rant, and since I'm not writing this article, I will eat some humble pie. Grin

I'll rephrase the last sentence in my post.  If we had an easy to follow how-to, do you think it's a good idea to email it to people and have a deposit of DNotes waiting for them at the Vault if they are interested?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 02:36:18 AM

I like this idea, but it would really stand out if it was different from all the other how to's and videos that claim to be easy enough for grandma to understand, but actually leave grandma more confused than ever!  In order for cryptocurrency to work, everyone,including those with only basic computer skills, has to feel that they fit in somehow.  Other than DNotes, I don't know of any other coin that has done anything to tackle this.  The CR.I.S.P. is easy for people to comprehend because they have already heard of Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP), Registered Education Savings Plans (RESP), Dividend Reinvestment Plans (DRIP), etc.  We have given them a place to learn at CryptoMoms.  They are also familiar with their investments being held in a secure place (banks, investment companies, and now DNotesVault) and want nothing to do with downloading wallets and storing their investments on their computers.  We should emphasize how they can fit in at DNotes, by holding it as an investment, and spare them most of the complicated aspects of crypto.

Would it be a good idea to have this write-up (TeeGee Smiley) with screen shots simple and inviting enough that we could email it to friends, family, and acquaintances, telling them that if they are interested, there are a certain amount of DNotes waiting for them when they sign up at the Vault?  Perhaps with an expiry date?

I think TeeGee has the 'keep it simple' covered - "explains in detail without losing the reader", "advantages DNotes enjoys over it's rivals", "screen shots of each step".  I kind of went on a DNotes bragging rant, and since I'm not writing this article, I will eat some humble pie. Grin

I'll rephrase the last sentence in my post.  If we had an easy to follow how-to, do you think it's a good idea to email it to people and have a deposit of DNotes waiting for them at the Vault if they are interested?

It's a great idea! What were you thinking as far as implementation? Something automated for all new accounts, or a special link, or more casual where you are just sending them the payment to their email before they register?

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:00:47 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 03:23:44 AM by Chase

It's a great idea! What were you thinking as far as implementation? Something automated for all new accounts, or a special link, or more casual where you are just sending them the payment to their email before they register?
[/quote]

What I was thinking was that I could send an email to an old classmate, teacher, boss, friend, long lost relative, etc that included a simple how-to explanation about DNotes.  I would tell them that there was # Dnotes waiting for them at the DNotesVault.  All they have to do is sign up (using the same email address), create an deposit address, and the DNotes will show up in their account.  If you send it to people you know, even if it's been a long time since you have seen them, there will still be an element of trust.  It may be a great way to reconnect with someone.

It could have an expiry date in case they don't register.

What did you mean in "something automated for all new accounts"?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 03:36:35 AM

What I was thinking was that I could send an email to an old classmate, teacher, boss, friend, long lost relative, etc that included a simple how-to explanation about DNotes.  I would tell them that there was # Dnotes waiting for them at the DNotesVault.  All they have to do is sign up (using the same email address), create an deposit address, and the DNotes will show up in their account.  If you send it to people you know, even if it's been a long time since you have seen them, there will still be an element of trust.  It may be a great way to reconnect with someone.

My fault, I should have clarified that question. It was in regards to how they would have DNotes waiting for them at the DNotesVault. Automated for all new accounts wouldn't work because of potential abuse but having a special link (Like a redemption link) you can send them in the email might be feasible, but I guess not much of an advantage over just sending them to their email address and letting them know they are there waiting for them.

Either way, that is a fantastic idea. That is an awesome way to reconnect with people from our past too.

BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:24:42 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 12:40:16 PM by BITDV

BRAND NEW EXCHANGE!!

Dnote is on https://btcpool.exchange

WE ARE LIVE!!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:36:03 PM

My fault, I should have clarified that question. It was in regards to how they would have DNotes waiting for them at the DNotesVault. Automated for all new accounts wouldn't work because of potential abuse but having a special link (Like a redemption link) you can send them in the email might be feasible, but I guess not much of an advantage over just sending them to their email address and letting them know they are there waiting for them.

Either way, that is a fantastic idea. That is an awesome way to reconnect with people from our past too.

Sharing and giving is a great thing. Anyone interested to start a program of their own, to share some DNotes with friends and family may send me a PM. I will do my best to be of some help.

Great discussion. Keep it up. I read every post.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:37:22 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 03:01:49 PM by Dyna

http://newsbtc.com/2015/01/04/new-litecoin-vault-service-launched/

The "Vault" idea is starting to catch on. Just remember, DNotes was the first, and so far the only, to offer a matching funds guarantee.

Somehow, I missed the most important link to this post. It is quite apparent that there is a serious need to have an online wallet for secure storage, perhaps also to support the convenience of mobile transactions. Certainly someguy123 must have worked very hard to make it happened. That is always a great thing for our industry. I used to own a fair amount of Litecoin but hardly a meaningful amount left to mention.

DNotesVault is also an online wallet; a web wallet. However, its current functions are quite different and specialized. DNotesVault is one of many, among a series of building blocks that will take some time to complete. All of our projects are strategically linked to others already in place, as well as those that will be launched later. As a continuous program, they provide growing fundamental values as DNotes price continues to appreciate. We believe that DNotes has a very healthy growth path that will continue for many years to come.

We can expect that others will soon try to provide the same service for their coin and that is a good thing for their stakeholders and our industry.

DNotes will always be a little different, because our commitments and philosophies are fundamentally different. Our digital currency is built from ground up with a core mission to be the Best In Class. We often do things others won’t, so that we can do things others can’t; such as our 100% deposit guarantee. One needs to be very lucky to become exceptional without a solid game plan and hard work. We are not counting on good luck. We have decided that it is best to work very hard for it. Thanks for supporting us.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 03:00:32 PM

BRAND NEW EXCHANGE!!

Dnote is on https://btcpool.exchange

WE ARE LIVE!!

Thank you BITDV, I will test it out at some point today, then add it. Good luck with your exchange Smiley

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 06:48:36 PM

Sending DNotes:  yes

Storing DNotes: yes, especially with the guarantee, that makes it a no brainer as long as there remains trust in the organization and that is only growing as far as I can see.

Using Dashboard: yes, simple enough for most.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 07:23:01 PM

Market is turning around, values are going up, looks like some the "gloom and doom" contingent were, as usual wrong. Here's to a strong 2015 and continually successful DNotes!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:44:28 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 08:02:28 PM by Dyna

Sending DNotes:  yes

Storing DNotes: yes, especially with the guarantee, that makes it a no brainer as long as there remains trust in the organization and that is only growing as far as I can see.

Thanks, RJF. People are consistent and their patterns of behavior are consistent. Trust has to be consistently demonstrated over time. It has to be earned and not claimed. You all are our judges. We are honored to have your trust and will not take lightly.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 07:48:54 PM

Sending DNotes:  yes

Thanks RJF that is helpful. The trust factor is of course the biggest hurdle for someone who doesn't know much about DNotes.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:57:41 PM

Market is turning around, values are going up, looks like some the "gloom and doom" contingent were, as usual wrong. Here's to a strong 2015 and continually successful DNotes!

If I had the money I would bought a ton of bitcoin at 260-275, and of course converted most of it to DNotes Cheesy
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:00:36 PM

Whether it was personal computer, wireless communication, internet and now digital currency, pioneers got shot at, some times. The ups and downs are the nature of the beast.  It is not going to be any different this time around. The early routes are always rough, untested, and dangerous. If you can not see clearly it is easy to fall off the cliffs and get hurt. It will only get better though. 2015 will be a great year.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 08:24:41 PM

The accounts now have a history button in the DNotesVault. Check it out, let us know if everything looks good.

Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: