Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:27:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814490 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:48:49 PM

I realize the information provided on this website may be somewhat self serving on their part, but the following excerpt sums up almost perfectly why I think people should invest in DNotes and maybe one or two other high quality cryptocurrencies:

From: http://www.bitcoinglobalinvestments.com/why-to-invest/

"Once-in-a-lifetime investment opportunity?
There are many reasons why investors, organizations and the general public are opting for investing more of their assets into the Bitcoin currency:

As a store of value against inflation and “wealth redistribution”
As an investment opportunity with potentially high returns
As a safe retirement plan for old age.
As a unique opportunity to be part of a new financial ecosystem"

Notes - As Dyna said, expect to see a flood of companies in the cryptocurrency investment world.
        - His upcoming "store of value" post will help fill in the blanks for us as to why it is so important.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 05:16:47 PM

Happy Labor Day weekend all!

I expect the forum will be a little slow as a result of the holiday.

Enjoy your weekend and drive safely!

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:50:26 PM

Some would say this forum is slow on a normal day. Smiley  Just goes to show that a busy forum isn't a good indication of quality.  Have a happy and safe weekend everybody.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:00:48 PM

Dear DNOTE traders. There has been some great trading of DNOTE coins on Comkort exchange.
We invite all to bring their trading to the newly updated COMKORT. For the full list of latest improvements that will make your DNOTE trading even better, please visit
https://comkort.com/post/29_august_update

Enjoy better trading with us,

Sincerely,

COMKORT team

This is a great exchange that deserves our support. I have an excellent experience trading with them. They are prompt, fair and professional.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:35:06 PM

I've long be of the belief that there will be 2 or 3 coins used in as currency in the long run, with any other surviving coins having some other innovative use of the blockchain attached.  The reason I feel that there will be two or three is that
A: Bitcoin has to be one of them.  If Bitcoin fails then the whole crypto universe would implode on itself.
B: Bitcoin will be to "Rare" to be an everyday currency.  I've noticed a sort of psychological block in people when trying to do make beyond 2 decimal places.  It shouldn't be any different, but people just seem to shut down when confronted with it. Therefore, I would make sense that there be a more plentiful coin that is better suited for everyday transactions.
alchameze

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:16:06 PM

I've long be of the belief that there will be 2 or 3 coins used in as currency in the long run, with any other surviving coins having some other innovative use of the blockchain attached.  The reason I feel that there will be two or three is that
A: Bitcoin has to be one of them.  If Bitcoin fails then the whole crypto universe would implode on itself.
B: Bitcoin will be to "Rare" to be an everyday currency.  I've noticed a sort of psychological block in people when trying to do make beyond 2 decimal places.  It shouldn't be any different, but people just seem to shut down when confronted with it. Therefore, I would make sense that there be a more plentiful coin that is better suited for everyday transactions.

Hi marcuslong, it is a great observation that the currencies that will survive will provide innovative features that appeal to the end user and various commercial entities. Facilitating ease of use and providing features that solve personal and business needs and problems will allow coins to distinguish themselves. These coins will distance themselves from the crowd who cannot innovate. Market (end user and commercial entities) will gravitate towards coins that provide them benefits other coins cannot. Bitcoin technology already provides several features that appeal to the market place but these are common to all coins that are generated. This is the least common denominator. Individual coins that build on this platform and extend it to solve personal, business and economic needs will find increased adoption.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 01:51:11 AM

Hi marcuslong, it is a great observation that the currencies that will survive will provide innovative features that appeal to the end user and various commercial entities. Facilitating ease of use and providing features that solve personal and business needs and problems will allow coins to distinguish themselves. These coins will distance themselves from the crowd who cannot innovate. Market (end user and commercial entities) will gravitate towards coins that provide them benefits other coins cannot. Bitcoin technology already provides several features that appeal to the market place but these are common to all coins that are generated. This is the least common denominator. Individual coins that build on this platform and extend it to solve personal, business and economic needs will find increased adoption.

You guys have hit upon some important topics. I would like to add that some of the best innovation will be simple and the benefits of the innovation will be easily understood by the general public. Many coins have focused on innovation that appeals to the early adapters and crypto currency community, as much as we support the crypto currency community they are not DNotes primary target market, we want to reach the rest of the world.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:26:40 AM

You guys have hit upon some important topics. I would like to add that some of the best innovation will be simple and the benefits of the innovation will be easily understood by the general public. Many coins have focused on innovation that appeals to the early adapters and crypto currency community, as much as we support the crypto currency community they are not DNotes primary target market, we want to reach the rest of the world.

Also, in regards to marcuslong's point B... It will be nice if DNotes settles around $1 per DNote, then it would be very easy to understand the value in relation to the rest of the world.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:02:25 PM

Just something to think about that I posted in another forum where everyone was trying to decide what features and gizmos to add to their coin to ensure success.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"On the subject of features and such, I really think there are only two things we should be concentrating on:

1. Acceptance
2. Usage

Lets be real, if you and I agree that the dog pooh on the bottom of my shoe is worth $1000.00 USD than, it IS worth $1000.00 to you, and I. I can then "spend" that dog pooh with you and buy whatever you are selling up to the agreed upon figure.

Period.

That's what it is all about, not anon, not messaging, not all the other crap being added to coins with the one exception of interest (staking) since that makes my dog pooh worth more to those who accept it as payment.

Acceptance is the first hurdle, and the hardest to jump over. After that, after convincing the public they can buy things with crypto-currency, then you need to convince them XXXXXX is the best one to use which equals Usage.

Acceptance then, usage, period. The public doesn't care nor do they even know why they would want additional "features" You can't make a phone call with a dollar or Euro but, you can spend it to do so. These currencies have survived for years in their current, vastly imperfect form. Think about it, money needs to be spendable. A large group of people need to believe that their money has value.

That's all it takes, let's work on that...."

------------------------------------------------

As you can see, I'm a "keep it simple" kind of guy which is why Dnotes is one of only about 6 coins I invest in and mine, with any regularity. Sure, I have positions in over 30 coins but, I don't expect returns from them all. Although in the Altcoin world, I feel that out of over 400 plus coins, those 30 have the best chance of surviving while my top 6 have the best chance of prospering.

I believe Dnotes follows the "1 - 2" formula stated above. Even in the complicated world of cryptos, the K.I.S.S. principle will win in the end...

BTW: After 1 & 2 have been achieved, then, and only then, should features be added. I believe the thinking is backward right now using features to be noticed only works on "cryptoheads" not John Q Public who has no idea why he needs his money to do anything but perhaps grow...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:13:39 PM

Just something to think about that I posted in another forum where everyone was trying to decide what features and gizmos to add to their coin to ensure success.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"On the subject of features and such, I really think there are only two things we should be concentrating on:

1. Acceptance
2. Usage

Lets be real, if you and I agree that the dog pooh on the bottom of my shoe is worth $1000.00 USD than, it IS worth $1000.00 to you, and I. I can then "spend" that dog pooh with you and buy whatever you are selling up to the agreed upon figure.

Period.

That's what it is all about, not anon, not messaging, not all the other crap being added to coins with the one exception of interest (staking) since that makes my dog pooh worth more to those who accept it as payment.

Acceptance is the first hurdle, and the hardest to jump over. After that, after convincing the public they can buy things with crypto-currency, then you need to convince them XXXXXX is the best one to use which equals Usage.

Acceptance then, usage, period. The public doesn't care nor do they even know why they would want additional "features" You can't make a phone call with a dollar or Euro but, you can spend it to do so. These currencies have survived for years in their current, vastly imperfect form. Think about it, money needs to be spendable. A large group of people need to believe that their money has value.

That's all it takes, let's work on that...."

------------------------------------------------

As you can see, I'm a "keep it simple" kind of guy which is why Dnotes is one of only about 6 coins I invest in and mine, with any regularity. Sure, I have positions in over 30 coins but, I don't expect returns from them all. Although in the Altcoin world, I feel that out of over 400 plus coins, those 30 have the best chance of surviving while my top 6 have the best chance of prospering.

I believe Dnotes follows the "1 - 2" formula stated above. Even in the complicated world of cryptos, the K.I.S.S. principle will win in the end...

Well said RJF! Our primary focus in development is to make DNotes the easiest to use crypto currency by everyone.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:47:00 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 05:19:43 AM by Dyna

Wow RJF! That is the most powerful and persuasive argument I  came across in my industry research and forum post reading, and I have spent hundreds of hours. I am glad that records will show that we started from day one with that philosophy. K.I.S.S. Money is for everyone, not just someone. It should be easy to understand and easy to use. DNotes is digital money with superior features, yet to be better understood. Since I am not an engineer, may be my “layman” language is helpful.

Two days ago, I bought some sweet corn from a good looking young lady at a local farm stand. I pulled out a $20 bill from my wallet. She gave me my change and my bag of sweet corn. Come to think about it, she didn't know me and I didn't know her either. If someone stole wallet, that someone could have pulled out the same $20 bill and spent it on anything. At the end of the day, no body would know who spent it or who received it. It’s gone without a trace!

If digital currency was used as the payment, the blockchain would have a record of what I sent out and to what address. Since I spent it on sweet corn, there is no reason to disguise my tracks to make things more complicated and confusing. It may not even be such a great idea to invite any presumption that the transaction was possibly for some unsanctioned goods or services, though it was just for a dozen of freshly picked sweet corn.

(It you promise to treat this strictly as a use case example, then, read on) If this farm stand accepts DNotes as a form of payment, she could have entered the amount, clicked on DNotes to display a QR code.  I would take out my smart phone, take a picture of the QR code and click to send her the exact amount. By choice, being "pocket change", it is confirmed instantly. Bear mind that DNotes is like cash. If you don't have it in your wallet, you can not spend it. Once you click "send" that amount is gone, committed through the blockchain. You can write a check for any amount with zero ($0) balance in your account, but you can not send even a single DNotes from your wallet, if you have none to begin with.

Another important point is to understand the concept of "pull" and "push". Push is a superior security feature over "pull" when it comes to wallet security. In the case of money or fiat currency, anyone who is the current holder of your wallet or has access to your account (not necessarily the rightful owner of the wallet, or a bank account, credit or debit card for that matter) can pull the money out and it is gone. In the case of digital currency, such as DNotes, the rightful owner of the digital wallet must use his encrypted private key to get into his wallet and "push" the amount out that is sent. He does not need to know the recipient and the receiving party does not need to know him. The blockchain keeps a public ledger for everyone to see, if desired.

When I first made a commitment to support DNotes over six months ago, my wife thought I was spending too many hours on the computer, trying to accumulated “play money.”  Fortunately, she came across an article by Marc Andreessen on “Why Bitcoin Matters.”  http://www.businessinsider.com/marc-andreessen-tells-us-why-bitcoin-matters-2014-1. She is now convinced that it is real money; just better.

I will continue to post various write-ups covering different concepts, opportunities and challenges confronting our industry. As I mentioned before, writing is not my area of strength and little time is spent on editing, of which I am not very good at to begin with. This is hard work. I enjoy working in my gardens, cooking a nice dinner for the family and mapping out strategic plans. I am an independent thinker, always challenged to come up with "winning strategies" to give our team the best odds of winning. Unfortunately, that can lead to a lot of hard work and a great deal of patience waiting for the best time to execute.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:15:27 PM

This is pretty interesting:

http://www.bitnation.co/

Their v1 website is up.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 03:07:22 PM

Their v1 website is up.

It does look interesting, governance by blockchain. The founders name sounded familiar, so I looked her up and remember seeing her TED talk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owrXnfEGzhs

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:36:26 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 04:08:16 PM by Dyna

Their v1 website is up.

It is interesting but not a surprise. This is just the beginning of the second wave of Bitcoin open source technology participants.

The first wave is the currency. That's the low hanging fruit. The cost of entry is very low with practically no barrier. My estimate is that there are over 1,000 currencies launched, to be launched, or dead. 95% of them will not be around in three years, and that is being optimistic. Building a trustworthy currency accepted and used by everyone on global scale will not happen by chance. It is a massive challenge. The potential for long-term growth and store of value appreciation is staggering.  

The next wave is crypto share company, utilizing the blockchain technology to facilitate smart contracts and other services.  This is a little harder, but not necessarily that much harder, depending on their real objectives. The solid players will be well financed with a full team of professionals to fully exploit the blockchain technology in their area of focus. The potential for growth is huge. The impact of incorporating smart contracts on a global basis using the blockchain technology will be extremely disruptive to banks, financial services, legal and accounting professionals, among others, replacing many middle men. This is a paradigm shift. This will speed up mainstream adoption of digital currency by both merchants and consumers. This is a net plus for DNotes. I am upgrading my projection of mass adoption of digital currency worldwide from 5 years to 4 years.

We can expect to see thousands of crypto share companies over the next two years. Perhaps there will be tens of thousands globally over the next decade. Many will be exploiting the unregulated "IPO" of their "Crypto Shares" for a quick buck without any revenue producing companies to support their projected revenue stream. Yes, a few will do extremely well, but which few among the thousands. Do your home and treat them like a real world company coming to you for start-up or "seed money". That is what most of the IPOs amount to. Invest with caution.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 04:45:32 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 05:07:38 PM by RJF

MintPal is getting ready to fire up Version 2 and we may have a problem. The link below will take you to the page showing what coins will continue to be listed or added when they make the change and, DNotes is absent from that list.

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/01/mintpal-v2-tentative-market-listing/comment-page-1/#comment-2094

This does NOT seem at all fair considering we have JUST been listed. Dyna or DNotes, can you contact them and verify if this is the case?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 05:37:58 PM

MintPal is getting ready to fire up Version 2 and we may have a problem. The link below will take you to the page showing what coins will continue to be listed or added when they make the change and, DNotes is absent from that list.

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/01/mintpal-v2-tentative-market-listing/comment-page-1/#comment-2094

This does NOT seem at all fair considering we have JUST been listed. Dyna or DNotes, can you contact them and verify if this is the case?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will contact Moolah and confirm.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:48:51 PM

I know this has been posted, but it seems like a good time to repeat it.

"AUGUST 2014 REPORT – BEST ALTCOINS AND CRYPTOS TO MINE AND INVEST IN RIGHT NOW" - http://fuk.io/august-2014-report-best-altcoins-and-cryptos-to-mine-and-invest-in-right-now/

"NOTE DNotes – coin with a few years upfront marketing plan made on scrypt algo. Dev team is very active and doesnt seem to be going anywhere and keeps the coin running and upgrading. The marketing team keeps filling their plans and the coin has to raise. Trading almost everywhere but best prices on Allcoin"

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:46:21 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 12:59:07 PM by Dyna

“Store of Value” Selection is Vital in Wealth Accumulation:

Money is the best medium of exchange for goods and services. It is easy to understand and convenient to use. Its value can be best understood relative to its buying power, its present buying power, or present value.  That is if you spend every thing you earned right away and nothing left to be “stored” for rainy days or your retirement.

If you are fortunate enough to earn more than you must spend immediately, preserving the purchasing power of what you stored away is an important consideration. Growing, or increasing, that buying power by selecting the most productive option to store the extra money or asset in your life time could be vital to your success, or lack of success, in your wealth accumulation.

The mighty US dollar has been a good store of value for generations; love by friends and foes alike, around the world. It was mighty as a trusted currency, with the ability to preserve the buying power and for many years, increased that buying power.

Unfortunately, for years now it has been moving in the opposite direction, continuously losing its buying power and confidence in its value around the world. It is no longer a good store of value.

What about Gold? May be, but then, may be not. A deep understanding of the significance on “store of value” is vital to your financial health. If you are serious about preserving the buying power of your hard earned dollars, selecting the best medium for store of value and getting in on the ground can make a huge difference in wealth accumulation to gain  financial freedom.

To be continued ……..
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:09:18 PM

It is really interesting to watch the different ways cryptocurrency is gaining both legitimacy and acceptance. Check out this article:

"Top US Colleges Begin Offering Bitcoin Courses"

http://www.coindesk.com/top-us-colleges-begin-offering-bitcoin-courses/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 05:06:32 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 05:16:57 PM by DNotes

DNotes has a strong stance not to release development information before it's ready. We feel this stance helps our credibility and prevents pumping and dumping that can damage our stability model. However that does hurt our forum activity, so we've decided to loosen up a little and talk about minor inclusions and generally about the larger releases. Our highest priority development project is basically around merchant adoption, which became a higher priority project than our mobile development project. Some of our smaller development projects include:
-An easier way to create a cold storage wallet
-Self support options including redownloading the blockchain, swapping and reading between wallets without having to re-download the blockchain.
-Integrating two DNS seeding servers on top of IRC peer matching
-Links in the wallet for support and social media
If you have any suggestions or anything we missed, please let us know.

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: