Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:17:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814492 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 01:58:21 PM

For everyone in the U.S. - Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you have a great day with your family and friends!

Thank you Chase.

Happy thanksgiving all!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 04:24:30 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2014, 04:53:46 PM by Dyna

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the United States. This is a very important holiday here, especially for family get together. Yesterday was the busiest day for travel and most people are gone for the long weekend. I am expecting this forum to be rather quiet over the next few days. I will be posting an update on DNotesVault press release and launch date on Sunday. We are getting very close to it.

We are still working on some last minute fine tuning on DNotesVault, trying to make it as simple as possible. It may not sound like much, but, yesterday, we made a significant improvement in the signing up process for CR.I.S.P. for kids. The sponsor signing up for more than one kid no longer has to sign up for an individual account for each kid at CryptoMoms forum. After registering at CryptoMoms forum, it takes a single post to sign up any number of kids. The following is latest version of CR.I.S.P. for Kids:

CR.I.S.P. for Kids

Helping secure the future of our children and grandchildren

CR.I.S.P. for Kids has been created to help our children and grandchildren develop strong saving habits early, in order to secure their financial future. This is an unstructured and self-directed plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle. Re-occurring savings, in any amount, may be added at any time.

CR.I.S.P. is the brain-child of Chase, a core team member of CryptoMoms; a community with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world currently dominated by men. CryptoMoms.com is a currency neutral site, offering rich contents on everything one needs to know about cryptocurrency. It has a very helpful community ready to answer any questions promptly. CryptoMoms was created by, and is fully funded by, the DNotes team.

As the most stable digital currency with a solid track record of reliable appreciation, DNotes offers the potential of high returns on long-term investment. A large family of CR.I.S.Ps. will be offered in an effort to expand this investment opportunity beyond the early adopters of this emerging industry.

CryptoMoms and the DNotes team are dedicated to help anyone interested in starting a CR.I.S.P. for their kids. In order to encourage and reward the children for developing strong saving habits, the DNotes team will award prizes, in DNotes, for the top wallets on the list, as well as some randomly chosen participants, during the first two formative years. We have created a CR.I.S.P. for Kids Rich List that displays, in descending order, the balances in the kid’s wallets.  The children will be identified only by a nickname / username.

Getting Started

All deposits sent to any DNotesVault address, are securely stored in DNotes cold storage vault offline with 100% guarantee.  Being a joint project of DNotes and CryptoMoms, CR.I.S.P. for kids, is designed to evolve around CryptoMoms, allowing family and friends to easily participate by contributing to the financial future of the kids. Hence extra steps are needed in a one time setup as follows:

1.  Register here at DNotesVault. Using your DNotesVault account dashboard, generate a DNotes deposit address for each kid you plan to sponsor. You can generate multiple addresses as needed, if you are sponsoring more than one kid. Use the label field to identify each kid with a nickname. http://dnotesvault.com/register.php (This link is not activated yet)

2.  Create an account at the CryptoMoms.com forum
Be sure to write down the password and username, required to sign in and post on the forum.

3. Post the DNotes address assigned to each kid along with nickname, birthday, “likes” and comments. To post, use the following thread on the CryptoMoms forum by clicking “REPLY” located at the bottom of the page:
            http://cryptomoms.com/forum/cryptomoms-com/5/kids-with-a-cr-i-s-p/530/
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 05:54:17 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2014, 09:57:36 PM by CryptoBroker79

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the United States.  DNotesVault is looking great, I'm extremely excited to test it out and spread the word.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:13:50 AM

Hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving.

Ran across this article yesterday:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ftc-reports-butterfly-labs-mined-customers-bitcoin-miners/

I ordered about 40 gh/s cloud mining, which was supposed to be delivered in January of 2014. I wanted to post this, for me it is just another reminder why we need DNotes to succeed.

Glad to see you're making progress on the vault.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:47:14 PM

The significance of DNotesVault and its family of CR.I.S.Ps. will go far beyond what we had envisioned at the conceptual stage. The power of asset value is not that much different than the power of money. With enough of it, you are afforded a lot more options and opportunities. Without it, your options are limited, and that can be a lifetime struggle, of living from paycheck to paycheck.

Having been in both situations myself, I am very familiar with financial freedom and the constant struggle to make ends meet. I am privileged to be part of the DNotesVault and CR.I.S.P. team. As the most stable digital currency with reliable long term appreciation, DNotes will become the better choice than the highly volatile Bitcoin in most situations. If it can be done with Bitcoin, it can be done with DNotes even better. The following article just reminded me of that:

‘The Blockchain has the Potential to Take the Stock Exchange to the Next Level’

First Global Credit CEO, Gavin Smith:
by Tone Vays @ 2014-11-28 08:28 AM

CoinTelegraph reached out to First Global Credit CEO, Gavin Smith, who recently contributed his own Op-Ed piece about Anonymity vs. Privacy, to get his thoughts on the advantages of trading with bitcoins, the future of the stock market in the age of the blockchain and the looming BTC regulations.

CoinTelegraph: What do you see as the major advantages to investors being able trade global financial products using Bitcoin?
Gavin Smith: Many holders of bitcoins believe that the currency will appreciate significantly over time and they don’t want to lose out on that growth. If you make it possible for people to hold their bitcoin position but also use them as margin to trade global financial products, they can look for opportunities in the stock market without losing out on the growth potential in the value of Bitcoin.
Here’s an example that illustrates the benefits:

A Bitcoin miner believes that the bitcoins he has mined are going to increase in value so he plans to hang onto them for at least 3 years. He also has strong opinions about certain stocks and really wants to exercise his opinions so he can benefit from their potential. Our miner has 3 options.

Option 1 – Stay invested in Bitcoin and leave them in an offline wallet.

Option 2 – Exchange the Bitcoin for the fiat currency needed to invest in his stock ideas.

Option 3 – Find a way to use his Bitcoins as margin so that he can invest in his ideas AND keep his BTC.

Over the coming year, our miner gets both markets right – bitcoins are up 30% and his market picks are up 25%.
If he takes Option 1 – Our miner makes 30% in dollar terms because BTC are up, but in bitcoin terms, he has the same number of bitcoins – no growth

If he takes Option 2 – Our miner makes 25% on his market picks so he is up 25% in dollar terms, but because he sold his bitcoins, he lost that 30% growth in Bitcoin value. This translates to a 5% loss in Bitcoin terms.

If he takes Option 3 – (In this example I am going to give all the charges, so the result reflected is actual) Our miner makes 25% on his stock picks, less 3% finance fees* (which is what is charged on the First Global Credit Investment Service). In addition, the bitcoins that have been sitting there as margin (which he still owns) have increased in value by 30%, so in dollar terms, he makes a total of +52%.

The +22% stock pick profit gets swept back into his account as bitcoins when the position is closed.  However, since bitcoins have gone up in value since the original investment, the return in bitcoin terms when the trade is closed is +17%.

The ultimate goal is to give bitcoins the same power as any other currency. If you have dollars or yen or euros, you don’t leave them sitting in an account unutilized, do you? No, you invest them to maximize the potential of your holdings.

*A note on Finance Fees. The actual mechanism to put the trade on is that we loan the client the fiat currency needed to put the trade on. Since the position is being held for a full year that cost is around 3%. It depends on the fiat currency the trade is in since different countries have different base rates.

Read more:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113003/first-global-credit-ceo-gavin-smith-the-blockchain-has-the-potential-to-take-the-stock-exchange-to-the-next-level
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:22:42 PM

Nice DNote info page: http://www.cloudminingnederland.nl/dnotes.html

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 11:44:23 PM

Thank you Zeta0S! I will add it to our resources.

Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:26:37 AM

Thank you Zeta0S! I will add it to our resources.

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:34:04 AM

BTC The power of asset value is not that much different than the power of money. With enough of it, you are afforded a lot more options and opportunities. Without it, your options are limited, and that can be a lifetime struggle, of living from paycheck to paycheck.

Having been in both situations myself, I am very familiar with financial freedom and the constant struggle to make ends meet. I am privileged to be part of the DNotesVault and CR.I.S.P. team. As the most stable digital currency with reliable long term appreciation, DNotes will become the better choice than the highly volatile Bitcoin in most situations. If it can be done with Bitcoin, it can be done with DNotes even better. The following article just reminded me of that:

‘The Blockchain has the Potential to Take the Stock Exchange to the Next Level’

First Global Credit CEO, Gavin Smith:
by Tone Vays @ 2014-11-28 08:28 AM

CoinTelegraph reached out to First Global Credit CEO, Gavin Smith, who recently contributed his own Op-Ed piece about Anonymity vs. Privacy, to get his thoughts on the advantages of trading with bitcoins, the future of the stock market in the age of the blockchain and the looming BTC regulations.

CoinTelegraph: What do you see as the major advantages to investors being able trade global financial products using Bitcoin?
Gavin Smith: Many holders of bitcoins believe that the currency will appreciate significantly over time and they don’t want to lose out on that growth. If you make it possible for people to hold their bitcoin position but also use them as margin to trade global financial products, they can look for opportunities in the stock market without losing out on the growth potential in the value of Bitcoin.
Here’s an example that illustrates the benefits:

A Bitcoin miner believes that the bitcoins he has mined are going to increase in value so he plans to hang onto them for at least 3 years. He also has strong opinions about certain stocks and really wants to exercise his opinions so he can benefit from their potential. Our miner has 3 options.

Option 1 – Stay invested in Bitcoin and leave them in an offline wallet.

Option 2 – Exchange the Bitcoin for the fiat currency needed to invest in his stock ideas.

Option 3 – Find a way to use his Bitcoins as margin so that he can invest in his ideas AND keep his BTC.

Over the coming year, our miner gets both markets right – bitcoins are up 30% and his market picks are up 25%.
If he takes Option 1 – Our miner makes 30% in dollar terms because BTC are up, but in bitcoin terms, he has the same number of bitcoins – no growth

If he takes Option 2 – Our miner makes 25% on his market picks so he is up 25% in dollar terms, but because he sold his bitcoins, he lost that 30% growth in Bitcoin value. This translates to a 5% loss in Bitcoin terms.

If he takes Option 3 – (In this example I am going to give all the charges, so the result reflected is actual) Our miner makes 25% on his stock picks, less 3% finance fees* (which is what is charged on the First Global Credit Investment Service). In addition, the bitcoins that have been sitting there as margin (which he still owns) have increased in value by 30%, so in dollar terms, he makes a total of +52%.

The +22% stock pick profit gets swept back into his account as bitcoins when the position is closed.  However, since bitcoins have gone up in value since the original investment, the return in bitcoin terms when the trade is closed is +17%.

The ultimate goal is to give bitcoins the same power as any other currency. If you have dollars or yen or euros, you don’t leave them sitting in an account unutilized, do you? No, you invest them to maximize the potential of your holdings.

*A note on Finance Fees. The actual mechanism to put the trade on is that we loan the client the fiat currency needed to put the trade on. Since the position is being held for a full year that cost is around 3%. It depends on the fiat currency the trade is in since different countries have different base rates.

Read more:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113003/first-global-credit-ceo-gavin-smith-the-blockchain-has-the-potential-to-take-the-stock-exchange-to-the-next-level

Great article.  Using this reasoning, in a few years someone should be able to use their DNotes as collateral to secure a business loan or other investment opportunity.  You could take advantage of DNotes still appreciating in value, the tax deductibility of the business loan interest, and delaying any taxation of the gain in value of your DNotes (depending on government regulations).

One thing is certain and that is there is going to be huge changes in the financial industry.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

DNotes as pledgeable collaterall.
Interesting.
Anyone working on specific tech apps?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 03:56:57 PM

Interesting.

Hi BitcoinNational, focusing on the vault at the moment. What did you have in mind?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:42:51 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 05:53:03 PM by Dyna

Interesting.

Let me jump in here real quick to clarify that DNotes is not currently being used or promoted as a pledgeable collateral. However, we do believe that this will become a reality in a few years. Gavin Smith, CEO of First Global, clearly pointed out his company’s interest in offering margin loan for people to purchase stock using Bitcoin as a collateralized asset. When there is enough interest and acceptance of higher fees, using digital currency as a pledgeable collateral will become a common practice.

This is another compelling reason why we will feel so strongly about positioning DNotes as a stable digital currency with reliable long-term appreciation. It will essentially improve the asset quality; translated into lower risk for the lender, resulting in lower fees and interest charges. Unlike our competitors, we are positioning DNotes as a pure digital currency play. Our core mission is to ensure that DNotes meets all the functions of money and more. That is our strategic difference which will take years of great execution and technology advancements.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:01:58 PM

Well I do have an off the wall idea.

1.  Borrowers collect Dnotes.  And pledge them as collateral to the lenders.
2.  Lenders issue receipts (say on Prism/nxt/whatever) that are a claim to reclaim the notes provided return of BTC+interest

This allows borrowers to hold a instrument equally.  They can sell it off also but lose reclaim rights.

--there other note related things that can be done, like freezing a lump of NOTES and earn interest.

But there needs to be some software that assists all this.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 09:37:34 PM

Well I do have an off the wall idea.

1.  Borrowers collect Dnotes.  And pledge them as collateral to the lenders.
2.  Lenders issue receipts (say on Prism/nxt/whatever) that are a claim to reclaim the notes provided return of BTC+interest

This allows borrowers to hold a instrument equally.  They can sell it off also but lose reclaim rights.

--there other note related things that can be done, like freezing a lump of NOTES and earn interest.

But there needs to be some software that assists all this.

Many bankers today may not agree but those concepts are viable and likely to be a reality sooner than most people may realize. The blockchain itself is already a very powerful technology capable of executing smart contracts with complex terms and conditions with relatively low investment in software development. Larger players like Ripple, Ethereum, and Bitshares have been making interesting progress in these areas, including an improved version of the blockchain.

The main reasons Bankers have stated repeatedly that they do not feel threatened by digital currency is because Bitcoin is highly volatile and that it is not a good store of value. We believe that it is possible to have a stable digital currency like DNotes with good store of value over the long term. With DNotesVault and its family of CR.I.S.Ps. 2015 could be a great year for us to prove our point.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:07:48 AM

Disruptive technology, such as the internet, takes years for its full impact to be felt. Although the word “disruptive” conveys a negative connotation, only specific industries and entities are negatively affected. In the case of the internet, email and online bill payments are killing the postal services, while online shopping provides some relief. Overall, internet has contributed to massive job and wealth creation worldwide. I am a firm believer that digital currency will be even more disruptive and its potential job and wealth creation will be even more massive. This is just the beginning and will take more than a generation for its full impact to be felt.

Being able to adapt to it early by reinventing their business models is crucial. Banks, credit/debit card companies, and financial services will be disrupted most. The use of smart contracts and standardized international contract/agreement will eventually be disruptive to legal and accounting professionals. With so much going so quickly all respectable universities and colleges will soon be offering classes in digital currency. The race is on and “there is literally no stopping these new innovative technologies that are cropping up every day.”

The following article confirms what DNotes has always anticipated and planned for:

‘Virtual Currencies Set to Quickly Disrupt Major Markets’

by Carlo Caraluzzo @ 2014-11-29 10:56 PM
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113016/report-virtual-currencies-set-to-quickly-disrupt-major-markets

According to a study published recently by Technology Strategies International, Inc. (TSI), virtual currencies are likely to be a major disruptive force within the next decade.

The report, entitled “The Future of Virtual Currencies 2014,” speculates that virtual currencies such as Bitcoin have grown to the point that there is literally no stopping these new innovative technologies that are cropping up every day. Finally, the report advises organizations that want to avoid being pulled under by this wave to begin preparing themselves now.

The focus of the report was not Bitcoin itself. Instead it studied blockchain technology. Bitcoin, the first use of this technology, appeared in 2009, and since that launch, there have been more than 1,700 new virtual currencies. Not all of these currencies have survived. Many have been recognized as “scam coins” by a vigilant community. These coins were introduced by criminals as a way to generate Bitcoins, and while there are still about 700 coins still operating, only 35 have reached market valuations of more than US$1 million, according to the report.

Christie Christelis, president of TSI said:
“There was a strong surge in the number of virtual currency announcements shortly after Bitcoin’s market capitalization hit $1 billion and the number of virtual currencies on the market has accelerated since then, exceeding the number of fiat currencies by June 2013.”

The difference in flexibility between fiat currencies and those generated by a blockchain is a major factor in the report’s conclusion. New currencies are developed to improve the Bitcoin protocol, and others are developed to extend functionality, or improve speed and security of transactions. Companies also that develop a coin and use their particular product as a base for the currency itself. This type of currency flexibility is what makes the idea so strong, according to Christelis:

“The idea of decentralized trustless systems is revolutionary, but the real potential for disruption comes about through the ability to implement them and find compelling business models. The open protocols on which these virtual currencies are based, together with the highly collaborative innovation processes at work amongst the different [development] communities, has created such a stimulating environment for innovation that it is impossible to halt it. And these innovations aren’t only focused on financial applications of virtual currencies.”

But the report also notes that the direction and speed of these new currencies will depend in part on government regulation. The venture capitalists have already invested nearly US$500 million in hopes of getting out in front before the rest of their particular industry. But currencies are not the only way that the blockchain can be used, as many so-called Bitcoin 2.0 ventures are demonstrating. The development of smart contracts, colored coins and entire decentralized autonomous organizations—including governments, as suggested by Bitnation—presents a whole new aspect to the blockchain that extends far beyond simple finance.

The report states that while about 50% of online adult consumers are aware of virtual currencies, actual use of the currencies is still very limited. Despite the bad media attention usually focused on Bitcoin, the report says that about one in five consumers plans to make use of virtual currencies soon, which would produce an extremely rapid growth. The currencies themselves have not yet been regulated in any country, and most nations are concentrating on regulating “gateways,” more to keep them in compliance with money laundering regulations than to protect consumers from fraud.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:31:02 AM

Important article for the records. Most areas in the digital currency space lack legal and regulatory clarity resulting in rampant bad behavior. This article reminds us how regulators responded in past cases. It is quite troubling.

The Importance of Keeping Crypto Crowdsales Accountable
[/b]

Daniel Cawrey (@danielcawrey) | Published on November 29, 2014 at 15:43 GMT

For many entrepreneurs, one of the most compelling use cases of blockchain technology is the potential for it to enable new marketplaces that remove traditional hurdles associated with investing and crowdfunding.

The growing number of public crowdsales has been widely covered as of late. With these crowdsales, companies sell a branded bitcoin fork as a way to finance the early development of cryptocurrency-related projects. The popularity of many of the early crowdsales has sparked a conversation about where the burden of consumer protection lies.

It appears that burden, at least for the moment, falls on the consumer to do their own analysis of a project’s legitimacy, team, technology and likelihood of success.

Despite the current situation, it is inevitable that this burden will, in some form, eventually land on the companies or the platforms that support them.

Legal concerns

Legal questions regarding cryptocurrency crowdsales are uncertain right now. To avoid classification as a security, tokens sold to buyers are often said to represent future access to a company’s technology.

The motivation to participate in cryptoequity crowdsales varies from investor to investor. While some possess a genuine interest in advancing a crowdsale-fueled through their support, other investors simply aim to buy low in order to sell for a higher price.

Yet the nature of how all of these tokens are eventually classified remains uncertain for the time being.

What is often predictable about an industry that lacks legal and regulatory clarity, however, is that the participants in that industry may be tempted to take minimal steps to protect themselves from potential liability. This is not surprising, as establishing measures and policies to protect consumers costs money and affects the bottom line.

Such actions are shortsighted. Regulation, particularly in the financial services industry, is generally a reaction to current problems in the market.

Rules are written to address problems that exist. Therefore, how an industry conducts business today has a direct result on how that industry will be regulated and required to conduct business in the future.

Prepaid cards

The prepaid card industry is a good example of how this battle between innovators and regulators has played out in the past.

Prepaid debit cards are a fast-growing form of non-cash payment. For years, particularly in the early to mid-2000s, prepaid card programs were largely unregulated and issuers were able to essentially write their own rules.

Card programs imposed fee structures that punished cardholders for inactivity, charged them each time the card was used and allowed for premature expiration if the card was not used regularly.

These fees were included in card agreements that accompanied the physical cards. However, the terms were often printed on inside packaging and not accessible to a consumer prior to purchase.

As the prepaid card market developed, legislators took notice of the developing industry problems and began crafting laws to address them.

A formal reaction came in 2009 with the passing of The Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act.

The CARD Act restricted dormancy or inactivity fees and prohibited expiration dates of less than five years. The fees imposed also were required to be conspicuously stated for the consumer to easily understand.

Read more:
https://www.coindesk.com/importance-keeping-crypto-crowdsales-accountable/
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:09:17 PM

The time has come... Digital currency experience may now be a job requirement.

"10 BITCOIN JOB OPENINGS AT GROWING STARTUPS"

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/new-bitcoin-job-openings/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:52:28 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 12:48:17 PM by BitcoinNational

http://dnotesvault.com/
http://cryptomoms.com/
http://dcebrief.com/

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13293989/1/dnotes-live-on-cryptsy-for-bitcoin-trading-growth-of-ecosystem-with-worlds-first-cryptocurrency-savings-accounts-continues-unabated.html
------------------------
I think the Brand name is right.  And the vision of the above posts seem to be heading NOTE in the right direction.  Know your niche and a hybrid of traditional banking/lending concepts coupled with improved versions of the blockchain can really make NOTE a standout.

This is a time tested digital coin, or note, that has good capital ranking and already well into the tail end of distribution.

So many coins but I will try to keep up with the good discussions going on here Smiley

==============
EMD COIN INDEX

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:02:39 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 04:25:10 PM by Dyna

For those who follow Coinmarket Cap on a regular basis, please note that there is a new reality to keep in mind. The flood of crowdfunding offered in the form of IPO, ITO and ICO or whatever it is labeled has created a large number of new participants in the crypto currency space. There has been a migration from being a pure digital currency like DNotes to other business models like IoT (Internet of Things), DAC (Decentralized Autonomous Corporation/Company), cryptoshare company, smart contract,  crowdfunding company and more.

Being a Coinmarket Cap top 50s or a top 30s may no longer be as meaningful. Crowdfunding allow a maximum of $1 million to be raised. This will be a challenge for DNotes to maintain our position near term, since every new ITO participant will likely have a higher market cap than Dnotes, starting from day one. I will be watching this closely and will comment on this subject as appropriate.

The following article on crowdfunding is worth reading:

Quotes from Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chancebarnett/2013/05/08/top-10-crowdfunding-sites-for-fundraising/

“The JOBS Act that was passed in April of 2012 paved the way to investment crowdfunding, but the JOBS Act Rulings by the SEC have yet to be fully implemented to formally kick the market off. Expect big movement and activity in this area in 2013 and 2014.”

“The Crowdfunding Industry Report by Massolution put out data showing the overall crowdfunding industry has raised $2.7 billion in 2012, across more than 1 million individual campaigns globally. In 2013 the industry is projected to grow to $5.1 billion.”
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:17:52 PM

The time has come... Digital currency experience may now be a job requirement.

"10 BITCOIN JOB OPENINGS AT GROWING STARTUPS"

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/new-bitcoin-job-openings/

That is another positive indicator that the digital currency revolution is real. There will be many opportunities to make money but even more opportunities to loose money. Take time to do your homework and invest cautiously. Expect massive job and wealth creation over the next ten years or more. It is already happening.
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: