Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:30:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814490 times)
minerpage

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 05:26:15 AM

Just downloaded the wallet, noticed a Miner in there... is it still possible to solo mine this coin or is that phase already over?

Hi minerpage,  welcome to DNotes. It would be nearly impossible to find a block using the wallet CPU miner. However if you have mining hardware, it is possible to set your wallet up as the server, and direct your miner toward it.

Thx!
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:13:14 AM

Just got home from a long field trip, 3.5 hours each way. Great meeting and dinner meet up with some of our stakeholders. Excellent discussion. I will be posting my comments tomorrow. Thanks for your participation.
PEACEOFWAR

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 09:06:07 AM

HI team:
I just had a slight computer scare, lost my second harddrive but was able to use the backup .dat and the records from my app directory to get access to my wallet again. I have just transferred 80% of my stake to the Dnotesvault.com website. 

I feel much better now
:-D

Dnotescoin
Di4uhAgvvfAjm8hDptyotEgJUDmxsz5GQC
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:11:35 PM

HI team:
I just had a slight computer scare, lost my second harddrive but was able to use the backup .dat and the records from my app directory to get access to my wallet again. I have just transferred 80% of my stake to the Dnotesvault.com website. 

I feel much better now

That would have been very painful!  I finally got a friend to open an account at DNotesVault yesterday, that previously wanted nothing to do with downloading, wallets. etc.  It feels safer for everyone, especially those not accustomed to the old way (pre-DNotesVault era) of doing things.  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:13:14 PM

This is an interesting article - there is currently no set way to determine the value of bitcoin.

"DETERMINING THE VALUE OF BITCOIN"

".....It remains to be seen what factors will eventually become stable determinants of the value of bitcoin going forward. Will it be technology, government policies and politics, or will it be other market forces? Only time will tell.

In the meantime, the time may be now to acquire a good education on Bitcoin. Such an education will empower learners with the ability to come up with models that will be used in determining the value of Bitcoin. These models will then build on the present methods that include technical and correlation analyses that provide less than optimum results. More and more educational institutions are offering courses on Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general, and all we can tell those interested in cryptocurrency is the rallying cry of the ancients, carpe diem, in other words, seize the moment."

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/determining-value-bitcoin/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 03:24:16 PM

HI team:

I feel much better now

That would have been very painful!  I finally got a friend to open an account at DNotesVault yesterday, that previously wanted nothing to do with downloading, wallets. etc.  It feels safer for everyone, especially those not accustomed to the old way (pre-DNotesVault era) of doing things.  Smiley

The DNotesVault is taking off quickly, already over 3,000,000 DNotes stored there already.

Those are two very important uses for the DNotesVault. To give stake holders some peace of mind that their DNotes are safe and to invite users new to cryptocurrency to get started in an easy to use and safe environment.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 05:59:19 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2014, 11:00:50 PM by CryptoBroker79

Here are some interesting quotes I found on the Overstock.com Bitcoin page. http://www.overstock.com/bitcoin?keywords=bitcoin&searchtype=Header

"I'm a big fan of Bitcoin … Regulation of money supply needs to be depoliticized."
-Al Gore, Former US Vice President and Winner of Nobel Peace Prize

"You want money to be based on something that no government mandarin can wish into existence with the stroke of a pen."
-Patrick Byrne,Overstock.com CEO

"Bitcoin is a technological tour de force."
-Bill Gates, Microsoft Co-Founder

"I think the Internet is going to be one of the major forces for reducing the role of government. The one thing that's missing, but that will soon be developed, is a reliable e-cash."
-Milton Friedman, Winner of Nobel Prize in Economics

"We have elected to put our money and faith in a mathematical framework that is free of politics and human error."
-Tyler Winklevoss, Facebook Forerunner

"Every informed person needs to know about Bitcoin because it might be one of the world's most important developments."
-Leon Louw, Nobel Peace Prize Nominee
kanus1113

Activity: 452

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:15:44 PM

C-Cex trading value is up, volume low... what's the future of this coin?

Hi minerpage.  Welcome to DNotes Forum. C-Cex typically has the lowest volume among the three exchanges DNotes is actively traded on. The other two are Allcoin and Poloniex. Like most of the other altcoins, DNotes has limited liquidity resulting in a price spike, more often than other exchanges with higher volume. I have noticed that a number of times and also noticed that it adjusted fairly quickly. 

We do plan on DNotes having a good future. DNotes is managed like a business. We have a very specific strategic plan in building DNotes from ground up as a stable trustworthy digital currency with reliable long term appreciation. We believe in creating fundamental values to support DNotes valuation with a preference to remain under valued verses being priced to perfection. We share our conceptual strategic plans but do not disclose specific details until we deemed appropriate, either at launch time or very closed to it.

In case you missed our recent press release, the following links may give you a better idea of our commitments to give DNotes the best chances to be the digital currency of the future with lasting value:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/cryptocurrency-round-bitreserve-launches-bitcoin-gold-standard-draper-wins-auction-1478538

"The biggest mover across all markets was DNotes, the self-described "cryptocurrency of the future". DNotes rose by almost 40% over the last 24 hours to take its market cap above $650,000."

http://bitbillions.net/2014/12/10/altcoin-news-dnotes-vault-launched-to-bring-stability-in-an-uncertain-world/

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/stable-bitcoin-alternative-dnotes-launches-022500001.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dnotes-cryptocurrency-savings-plans-children-031100966.html

Sounds like a well organized coin... I'm in Smiley

Delighted to have your support. Let us know any time we can be of help. Be sure to visit CryptoMoms if you have not already done so. http://cryptomoms.com/forum/index.php?action=recent

To me it looks as if DNotes has been a "Steady as she goes" currency with taking the time to make it valuable in different ways.  Especially for instance the cryptomoms. I am pretty new but have taken my time to research a bunch before getting on board with any currency.  I have made that leap and truly believe this is the best one out there.  I have read the posts about the fire fighters as well and am stoked about that as well.  Been in a fire fighting family for years and their work is very valuable, this currency would be great for them as well.
Hi Grandmama, thanks for supporting CryptoMoms and now here to give us a helping hand, Even though you are new you have been making some great observations with excellent posts. The optimum success of DNotes can only come about from the participation of a large number of DNotes stakeholders promoting and protecting DNotes, CryptoMoms, and now DNotesVault for their mutual benefits as a group. It is the unity of force, coming from a growing number of common people in pursuit of their common goals that makes our achievement sustainable with increasing momentum.

We are delighted to notice that quite a few new supporters have been helping us to spread the message. DNotes real greatness will come about when each and everyone of us try to do a little good for others while helping ourselves. This is a grassroots community effort to shape the future of money for the common people and the financially disadvantaged away from the central control of a few rich and powerful. The decentralized nature of digital currency is such that the actions of the majority always rule.

This is a strategic master stroke. It shows deep understanding of technology adoption life cycle and a lot of strategy related concepts that I had to pay a premium business school to learn. The network effect being gradually created shows excellent execution skills as well. Theory meets implementation.

Still, every long term coin strategy needs an economic model to survive the initial excitement. I've seen many coins do well until the highly anticipated spike and the following selloff... at which point the coin is practically dead in the water... speculation can be good to get a market position, but needs to be sustained with economic activities (buying and selling goods with the coin) so I would think a payment gateway is pretty essential early in the game... the sooner the better... am looking for that model with this coin Smiley

Agreed about the need for an economic model. However, prior to that a largely, diversified critical mass of owners is needed. The composition of this owner base is critical to prevent liquidation of large amounts of DNotes. I see they are addressing this issue on a sustained basis and painstakingly. This leads to an upward sloping curve (due to value addition by adding number of properties like cryptomoms, dnotesvault etc) while preventing a collapse. Payment gateway is not a technology solution but a social/business/economic solution that will work only with a currency that has shown price stability with an upward drift and low volatility. They are painstaking seem to be avoiding all things that can trip them up. It is indeed very strategic because the outcomes they want is truly a function of time (survival) and if they can guarantee survival, merchant adoption etc. will come of their own accord.

Very well said keemo... Driving merchant adoption too early, which I've seen in many other coins, is more for show than substance. DNotes has demonstrated staying power and persistence, the signs of something great to come.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:19:20 PM

Just got home from a long field trip, 3.5 hours each way. Great meeting and dinner meet up with some of our stakeholders. Excellent discussion. I will be posting my comments tomorrow. Thanks for your participation.

Dyna is (was) in the house!

My dear friend Dyna paid us a visit yesterday! Dyna, DNotes and my wife Mrs. Smokey and I had a very nice meeting yesterday. We talk every day on the phone, but there is nothing to replace a face to face meeting. Since the garden shut down for the winter, I have not seen Dyna in person, since he is "elbow deep" in Crypto-Currency. I am always amazed by Dyna's vision and scope of knowledge. We are applying the same principles to building DNotes as we used to build Smokeys Gardens. We went from being brand new in the business, to being one of the largest (probably THE largest, 38 acres, 2000 varities, tens of millions of plants), and the most efficient Daylily Grower in the world in less than 5 years.

Again, thanks for the visit, Dyna......

Smokey
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 12:02:08 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2014, 05:03:01 AM by Dyna

Dyna is (was) in the house!

My dear friend Dyna paid us a visit yesterday! Dyna, DNotes and my wife Mrs. Smokey and I had a very nice meeting yesterday. We talk every day on the phone, but there is nothing to replace a face to face meeting. Since the garden shut down for the winter, I have not seen Dyna in person, since he is "elbow deep" in Crypto-Currency. I am always amazed by Dyna's vision and scope of knowledge. We are applying the same principles to building DNotes as we used to build Smokeys Gardens. We went from being brand new in the business, to being one of the largest (probably THE largest, 38 acres, 2000 varities, tens of millions of plants), and the most efficient Daylily Grower in the world in less than 5 years.

Again, thanks for the visit, Dyna......

Smokey

Thanks Smokeys. That was a great visit and the dinner was excellent. Starting Smokeys  Daylily Gardens seven years ago to replace a 20 + years old family business was a tough decision to make.

Smokeys Daylily Gardens is now one of the largest daylily farms in the world, if not the largest. It is definitely the best in class. A book can be written up about this business venture, but it is very much about understanding the strength and weakness of the industry and designed a business model that works best to our advantage. It’s about a commitment to be the best in class, or second to none. It is about doing things your competitor can not or will not do. It’s about creating an economy of scale, that your competitors call an unfair advantage. It is about exploiting a product that reproduce itself so efficiently that there is no cost of goods sold.

Daylilies are the most amazing flowers with over 70,000 registered cultivars. They are the second most popular perennial flower sold by volume (hosta being the first) Yet 80% of the people have not heard of daylilies. We have hundreds of competitors who treat their daylily business as a hobby. We have been treating it as a business, managing it as a business and appreciative of every customer. It all started with a $500 investment 7 years ago, leading to six acquistions the first six years. Growth and expansion can be scaled up rapidly from a solid foundation with the right business model. Where would DNotes be seven years from now?

You may visit Smokeys Daylily Gardens at:http://smokeysdaylilygardens.com/
minerpage

Activity: 268

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 12:29:49 AM

Here are some interesting quotes I found on the Overstock.com Bitcoin page. http://www.overstock.com/bitcoin?keywords=bitcoin&searchtype=Header

"I'm a big fan of Bitcoin … Regulation of money supply needs to be depoliticized."

"You want money to be based on something that no government mandarin can wish into existence with the stroke of a pen."

"I think the Internet is going to be one of the major forces for reducing the role of government. The one thing that's missing, but that will soon be developed, is a reliable e-cash."

"We have elected to put our money and faith in a mathematical framework that is free of politics and human error."

"Every informed person needs to know about Bitcoin because it might be one of the world's most important developments."

Very good quotes...
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:58:55 AM

Very good quotes...

Those are great quote from well regarded visionaries and people of great philosophical persuasion. I am still trying to catch up after being out of town for a day. I will briefly comments on two of them:

Friedman has been described by The Economist as “the most influential economist of the second half of the 20th century…possibly of all of it” according to Fobes. He is one of my favorite economists with significant influence on my economic views. Bitcoin is a reliable e-cash with a high volatility problem. Oops! May be Bitcoin is not that reliable e-cash.

As an alternative Bitcoin, DNotes is committed to minimize or solve the problem of volatility. High volatility has been and will continue to be the biggest challenge confronting mass consumer and merchant adoption of digital currency any time soon. No other currency takes stability more seriously than DNotes. We believe it takes a system approach and a deep understand of all the inter-related components, powered by a twin engine; the currency and the blockchain.

It takes many strategic building blocks to accomplish our mission. To get a really good understand of our mission and strategic path, you almost have to start from the day of our launch or page 1 of DNotes forum. Well, low page count could have an advantage, after all.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.0

Leon is a well regarded intellectual and the executive director and cofounder of the Free Market Foundation. I agree that every one should stay informed on the rapidly evolving developments in the Bitcoin space. I would take it one step further, to say that this will be the greatest technology revolution we have seen. It will be more disruptive than anything we have known. We can continue to ignore it, try to block it or participate in it early to gain the full first mover advantage. I am all in.
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:17:24 AM

Very good quotes...

Those are great quote from well regarded visionaries and people of great philosophical persuasion. I am still trying to catch up after being out of town for a day. I will briefly comments on two of them:

Friedman has been described by The Economist as “the most influential economist of the second half of the 20th century…possibly of all of it” according to Fobes. He is one of my favorite economists with significant influence on my economic views. Bitcoin is a reliable e-cash with a high volatility problem. Oops! May be Bitcoin is not that reliable e-cash.

As an alternative Bitcoin, DNotes is committed to minimize or solve the problem of volatility. High volatility has been and will continue to be the biggest challenge confronting mass consumer and merchant adoption of digital currency any time soon. No other currency takes stability more seriously than DNotes. We believe it takes a system approach and a deep understand of all the inter-related components, powered by a twin engine; the currency and the blockchain.

It takes many strategic building blocks to accomplish our mission. To get a really good understand of our mission and strategic path, you almost have to start from the day of our launch or page 1 of DNotes forum. Well, low page count could have an advantage, after all.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.0

Leon is a well regarded intellectual and the executive director and cofounder of the Free Market Foundation. I agree that every one should stay informed on the rapidly evolving developments in the Bitcoin space. I would take it one step further, to say that this will be the greatest technology revolution we have seen. It will be more disruptive than anything we have known. We can continue to ignore it, try to block it or participate in it early to gain the full first mover advantage. I am all in.

"Reliable e-cash" as one quote states is what I am banking on (pardon the pun) for the DNotes I reserved for my grandkids.  I think the cryptomoms site is great as well for women to get involved.  Seems like this is another thing that has begun with the "man" and the "woman" need to get involved as we move forward with the digital currency.  As the push strengthens and awareness becomes more wide spread all men and women are going to realize this is more secure than any other type of currency we have ever experienced.  Just glad that sugar is not a currency any longer as I would be broke trading for it all the time, you know us grandma's we just gotta bake!!  I am so very happy to be a part of the DNotes family as I see what the developers are doing to make things very secure, secure today and for the future.  Thanks for thinking well outside the box on security measures and keep up the great work you are doing for us ALL!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 03:05:34 PM

Congratulations to all DNotes stakeholders! DNotes price has reached 1 penny per DNote.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 03:43:46 PM

Congratulations to all DNotes stakeholders! DNotes price has reached 1 penny per DNote.

Rats! i was going to post that!  Smiley  I bet I beat you to it when it hits a dollar!  Cheesy

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 04:58:00 PM

Rats! i was going to post that!  Smiley  I bet I beat you to it when it hits a dollar!  Cheesy

I look forward to it RJF!

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:31:32 PM

Tongue Twister News:  Kids on CR.I.S.P. For Kids Rich List are richer!!

http://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-kids.php

Grin Grin

kanus1113

Activity: 452

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 10:14:58 PM

I look forward to it RJF!

I look forward to it as well hah Wink
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:41:13 AM

Poloniex is looking very polished and professional with their new look.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:42:48 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 03:48:30 AM by Dyna

C-Cex trading value is up, volume low... what's the future of this coin?

Hi minerpage.  Welcome to DNotes Forum. C-Cex typically has the lowest volume among the three exchanges DNotes is actively traded on. The other two are Allcoin and Poloniex. Like most of the other altcoins, DNotes has limited liquidity resulting in a price spike, more often than other exchanges with higher volume. I have noticed that a number of times and also noticed that it adjusted fairly quickly.  

We do plan on DNotes having a good future. DNotes is managed like a business. We have a very specific strategic plan in building DNotes from ground up as a stable trustworthy digital currency with reliable long term appreciation. We believe in creating fundamental values to support DNotes valuation with a preference to remain under valued verses being priced to perfection. We share our conceptual strategic plans but do not disclose specific details until we deemed appropriate, either at launch time or very closed to it.

In case you missed our recent press release, the following links may give you a better idea of our commitments to give DNotes the best chances to be the digital currency of the future with lasting value:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/cryptocurrency-round-bitreserve-launches-bitcoin-gold-standard-draper-wins-auction-1478538

"The biggest mover across all markets was DNotes, the self-described "cryptocurrency of the future". DNotes rose by almost 40% over the last 24 hours to take its market cap above $650,000."

http://bitbillions.net/2014/12/10/altcoin-news-dnotes-vault-launched-to-bring-stability-in-an-uncertain-world/

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/stable-bitcoin-alternative-dnotes-launches-022500001.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dnotes-cryptocurrency-savings-plans-children-031100966.html

Sounds like a well organized coin... I'm in Smiley

Delighted to have your support. Let us know any time we can be of help. Be sure to visit CryptoMoms if you have not already done so. http://cryptomoms.com/forum/index.php?action=recent

To me it looks as if DNotes has been a "Steady as she goes" currency with taking the time to make it valuable in different ways.  Especially for instance the cryptomoms. I am pretty new but have taken my time to research a bunch before getting on board with any currency.  I have made that leap and truly believe this is the best one out there.  I have read the posts about the fire fighters as well and am stoked about that as well.  Been in a fire fighting family for years and their work is very valuable, this currency would be great for them as well.
Hi Grandmama, thanks for supporting CryptoMoms and now here to give us a helping hand, Even though you are new you have been making some great observations with excellent posts. The optimum success of DNotes can only come about from the participation of a large number of DNotes stakeholders promoting and protecting DNotes, CryptoMoms, and now DNotesVault for their mutual benefits as a group. It is the unity of force, coming from a growing number of common people in pursuit of their common goals that makes our achievement sustainable with increasing momentum.

We are delighted to notice that quite a few new supporters have been helping us to spread the message. DNotes real greatness will come about when each and everyone of us try to do a little good for others while helping ourselves. This is a grassroots community effort to shape the future of money for the common people and the financially disadvantaged away from the central control of a few rich and powerful. The decentralized nature of digital currency is such that the actions of the majority always rule.

This is a strategic master stroke. It shows deep understanding of technology adoption life cycle and a lot of strategy related concepts that I had to pay a premium business school to learn. The network effect being gradually created shows excellent execution skills as well. Theory meets implementation.

Thank you for your kind words, keemo. Strategic planning is critical to business success but it is the ability to consistently develop winning strategies and execute them flawlessly at the most opportune time that separates winners from losers by a wide margin. That skill-set instills a high level of confidence resulting in a clear vision of the road map ahead, irrespective of other “experts’ opinion”.

Industry experts at the emergence of major technology evolution are often wrong due the lack of deep knowledge and personal bias, an inherent problem in defense of one’s self interest. The MasterCard video is a great example:
http://insidebitcoins.com/news/mastercard-claims-bitcoin-transactions-are-suspicious-in-new-video/27030

We are committed to being as objective as we can and always be mindful of our strengths and weaknesses in our pursuit of opportunities that are within our reach, yet never forgetting potential threats and road blocks we need to overcome.

You are absolutely correct that a deep understanding of technology adoption life cycle is reflected in our strategies and execution. We have made a very strong case on the critical importance of a stable trustworthy currency. That will continue to be a huge challenge, not to be taken lightly.

Mass consumer and merchant adoption of digital currency will be even more challenging. The reactive marketing practice of our industry peers is to quickly push a relatively small number of merchants to accept their coin as a medium of exchange, which is meaningless without scale. We believe quite differently. Mass adoption is at least four years down the road. It will take a well executed "pull" strategy involving a number of building blocks with the participation of employees and their employers, sufficiently motivated to want to use DNotes. It is a tough act but an easy sale once our mission is accomplished. CR.I.S.P. for employee benefits may ring a bell.
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: