Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 08:11:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814496 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 02:44:45 AM

Thank you, TeeGee. That is an excellent first draft. I am working on a number of projects at this time. However, I will send you my comments by this time tomorrow.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

Alright, so I'm planning on doing a few videos, I have planned to do several of them that are ~3 minutes in length. I've finally found somebody who has the appropriate equipment (a student at my university that I haven't met yet). Suffice to say, I'm looking for community involvement in the best DNotes topics to cover, comments on style of video (interview + randomly inserted shots of activities, people buying things with credit cards, shots of night markets / my city / my uni or what not to add interest), and the main points raised in each video for each topic.

Currently my preference is to film 3-4 interviews in the one day with more to come at a later date after reviews from the community on the first batch. The videos will be made with a focus for a US audience, and thankfully, I'm told my accent is not a identifiably kiwi one, I'm sometimes asked if I'm foreign, despite... only spending 1 week outside of New Zealand my whole life!!! That said, I won't try to emulate a US one.

To be the most help, people here could please add both questions that should be answered, but ALSO the topics that should be mentioned briefly in the answer.

What is Digital Currency, and what is DNotes? (can combine topics, or do separate videos)
What is Digital Currency? (describe Bitcoins rise etc)
What opportunities does Digital Currency provide? - Technology, instant payments at near no cost, be your own bank etc.. (makes a case to include DNotes in the same video)
Nobody controls the money supply - No political constraint on currency's success - not subject to regional economic turmoil - ie. Greece.
Privacy? - Mention? Touchy subject to some?

How is DNotes different?
Focus on reliable appreciation, stable long-term appreciation
Aims to simplify the current technical nature of Digital Currency
Cryptomoms.com - Female participation (under-represented), first of its kind...
DNotesVault - Guaranteed vault deposits, first of its kind, send crypto to e-mails...
CRISP programs - Employees, Retirement, Students...
Who founded DNotes - Business experience, Alan Yong (tech pioneer, Dauphin?, Smokey's Gardens)...

CRISP for Students
What is it and what is a CRISP?
Why is it needed and how does it plan to enrich student lives? - Capital appreciation
How does the plan work?
How do I get my university to participate? (that reminds me, still have to get in touch with my university to pilot!!!)

CRISP for Retirement
Why is it needed? (insert simple, factually correct and pertinent statistics about US saving rates?)
How does the plan work?

Other topics that could be covered in this round are:
DNotesVault - how to use it etc,
Cryptomoms - what is it etc?
CRISP overview - etc.
Any more?

Let me know what you all think should be prioritised / included together. I do think that because I'm CRISP director for students, and I was initially going to do this specifically for CRISP for Students, that I should continue to include that as one of the topics covered in the first batch. Wanted to post some rough draft ideas before all the US / Canadian citizens here go to bed.

Thank you TeeGee, these videos will become an invaluable tool for DNotes.

A note for the "What is Digital Currency, and what is DNotes?" section. Digital Currency is currently in it's infancy, but has the potential to become a globally accepted payment solution, and everyone has the opportunity to get involved early quite easily.

Privacy is an important issue and worth a mention in a factual way, it is important for people to know and understand. Jon Matonis said it quite eloquently “Accounts at a money service business or financial institution can certainly be linked to identity, but the individual coins (or coin subunits) themselves cannot be.”
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114648/jon-matonis-the-bitcoin-ecosystem-will-soon-need-a-reference-interest-rate-similar-to-libor
Melanie Shapiro "There's a lot of misconception about what bitcoin actually is due to media narratives. The most popular reference I hear mentioned is Silk Road, but Silk Road wasn't enabled by bitcoin. People forget or don't realize that Silk Road was enabled by Tor, an 'anonymizing' proxy network. Bitcoin isn't actually an anonymous currency it's pseudo-anonymous. Want to know what's anonymous? Cash."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/billrobinson/having-my-mind-changed-on_b_7613676.html
Everything is private, to the public, but everything leaves a trail. Not suitable for money laundering and criminal activity, although there is a misconception that it is.

I will post if I have more.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:31:59 PM

I like to share an email with you that I just received from Harry G. Broadman
CEO and Managing Partner         
Proa Global Partners LLC

Quote:

Dear Colleagues:

It had to happen.  Sooner or later some brave member of the Eurozone would find the courage to speak up about the almost unbearable burden the club’s supranational, undifferentiated economic policy rules place on an individual country’s officials to make tough national-level decisions---and right when they are most needed.

Finally fed up with being tied to the policy ball and chain that applies to all Eurozone members, it is no surprise that the Greek leadership called for a national referendum on July 5th to ask the country's citizens if they wish to continue down the austerity road--in effect if they wanted to stay in the Eurozone. That earlier this week Greece's economic policy-makers formally allowed themselves to fall into arrears with the International Monetary Fund is also not surprising.

In my latest Forbes column-- “Where's The Courage In The Greek Tragedy?"-- (http://www.forbes.com/sites/harrybroadman/2015/06/30/wheres-the-courage-in-the-greek-tragedy), I argue that the Eurozone has been, from its very start in 2002, a fundamentally flawed regime, and what has been happening to Greece (as well as to some other Eurozone countries) is actually a logical outcome.  However, Greece—both its current leaders and those who held the reins over past decade and a half--is not blameless for the current situation. 

Regardless of whether or not Greece abandons the Euro, the column details some key actions that are called for if the Eurozone is to have any chance of remaining intact in anything like its current form.

As always, comments on this or on any of the other Forbes columns are most appreciated.

Best,                                                                                                                                                   

Harry

Harry G. Broadman
CEO and Managing Partner         
Proa Global Partners LLC
and
Director, Council on Global Enterprise and Emerging Markets
Senior Fellow, Foreign Policy Institute
Johns Hopkins University
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 09:56:39 PM

Quote from CryptoMoms

HI everyone,

We are in the process of developing new features and content for DNotes Educational Guide, to ensure we provide the best app for learning digital currency. Please download the app and leave an appropriate review, include your DNotes address in the review and we'll send 50 DNotes to the first 20 reviewers. If you don't make the top 20, please include your address anyways, we'll occasionally reward people who enjoyed the app (at random).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cojack.dnedu

*Please note, if you are using the old version of DNotes Educational Guide, you will need to uninstall the app and download the new version from the link above.

Thanks CryptoBroker79, would you like us to post this on Social media as well?

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:18:23 PM

Quote from CryptoMoms

HI everyone,

We are in the process of developing new features and content for DNotes Educational Guide, to ensure we provide the best app for learning digital currency. Please download the app and leave an appropriate review, include your DNotes address in the review and we'll send 50 DNotes to the first 20 reviewers. If you don't make the top 20, please include your address anyways, we'll occasionally reward people who enjoyed the app (at random).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cojack.dnedu

*Please note, if you are using the old version of DNotes Educational Guide, you will need to uninstall the app and download the new version from the link above.

Thanks CryptoBroker79, would you like us to post this on Social media as well?

That would be great, thank you!
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 12:07:57 AM

Silicon Dragon NY 2015: Spotlight - Digital Currencies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlgQ4xKqjwg

Little disappointed that DNotes was not mentioned and actually explained... especially the CRISP programs and the vault.  Guess there was not enough time for 4 people to explain indepth about all aspects of what they are doing. 

It would have been better if we were given more time. I did have the opportunity to meet with a lot of people in smaller groups and stayed way beyond closing time. I have been kept very busy since the presentation. Our proposed new site DCEBrief.com is partly the result of this event. I came to the realization that many high level executives, including regulators and political leaders lack the time to learn about real issues confronting our industry. There is a serious "knowledge vacuum", causing significant confusion and loss of opportunities.

TeeGee is in the process of producing a number of Youtube videos. Let us know if you have any other suggestions. 
     As usual, with events like this, the people you meet, and the ideas gained is very benificial. In my opinion, DCEBrief.com may be the single most important concept to come away with. It is brilliant. It helps overcome the some of biggest the problems with crypto-currency: Ignorance. Lack of knowledge on how it works. Mis-Information. Again, brilliant idea, Alan. Kudos.
     With that said, the moderator could have done a MUCH better job, taking up way too much of the panelists' precious time.

Smokey

Thanks, Kevin. DCBrief.com will become a huge contribution to our industry and a real valuable asset to the DNotes' ecosystem. We are consistently identifying industry problems and develop viable solutions to overcome those problems which otherwise will continue be obstacles to mass acceptance of digital currency.

Here is a good exercise for our community. What are the different industry problems DNotes has identified and the solutions it has introduced? You can name one or all. As a group I am certain that we can complete the exercise.

Just to name a few:

-Volatility
-Long term saving incentive
-Negative forum behavior
-Gender gap
-Ease of use
-Too many conflicting interests
-Attempting to reach out to everyday people

Excellent first pass. Keep adding and refining the list  with DNotes solutions. May be Wiser can write up the final version to be a DCEBrief.

A few industry problems that DNotes has addressed (whether intentionally or unintentionally):

- Lack of trust and integrity

- Lack of leadership both within the industry and at the currency level

- Lack of real world experience - I think this has been the downfall of many currencies

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 02:02:29 AM

Alright, so I'm planning on doing a few videos, I have planned to do several of them that are ~3 minutes in length. I've finally found somebody who has the appropriate equipment (a student at my university that I haven't met yet). Suffice to say, I'm looking for community involvement in the best DNotes topics to cover, comments on style of video (interview + randomly inserted shots of activities, people buying things with credit cards, shots of night markets / my city / my uni or what not to add interest), and the main points raised in each video for each topic.

Currently my preference is to film 3-4 interviews in the one day with more to come at a later date after reviews from the community on the first batch. The videos will be made with a focus for a US audience, and thankfully, I'm told my accent is not a identifiably kiwi one, I'm sometimes asked if I'm foreign, despite... only spending 1 week outside of New Zealand my whole life!!! That said, I won't try to emulate a US one.

To be the most help, people here could please add both questions that should be answered, but ALSO the topics that should be mentioned briefly in the answer.

What is Digital Currency, and what is DNotes? (can combine topics, or do separate videos)
What opportunities does Digital Currency provide? - Technology, instant payments at near no cost, be your own bank etc.. (makes a case to include DNotes in the same video)
Nobody controls the money supply - No political constraint on currency's success - not subject to regional economic turmoil - ie. Greece.

How is DNotes different?
DNotesVault - Guaranteed vault deposits, first of its kind, send crypto to e-mails...
Who founded DNotes - Business experience, Alan Yong (tech pioneer, Dauphin?, Smokey's Gardens)...

CRISP for Students
Why is it needed and how does it plan to enrich student lives? - Capital appreciation
How does the plan work?
How do I get my university to participate? (that reminds me, still have to get in touch with my university to pilot!!!)

CRISP for Retirement
Why is it needed? (insert simple, factually correct and pertinent statistics about US saving rates?)
How does the plan work?

CRISP overview - etc.
Any more?

Let me know what you all think should be prioritised / included together. I do think that because I'm CRISP director for students, and I was initially going to do this specifically for CRISP for Students, that I should continue to include that as one of the topics covered in the first batch. Wanted to post some rough draft ideas before all the US / Canadian citizens here go to bed.

TeeGee, that is an excellent start. When is the video recording? As it turned out, it has been an extremely busy day for me today. I am only posting some general comments tonight.

3 to 4 interviews of 3 minutes each will be great.

My Talking Points could be modified to be questions and answers. It could be one of the four videos. It is good to know the shortfalls of Bitcoin and why mass acceptance of Bitcoin is unlikely

How is DNotes different?
I can help here.

CRISP for Students
What you listed is very good.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 03:04:22 PM

Starting on the new site logo. This is the first step in my process, narrowing down a font, and I would like everyone's opinion on which ones you feel are best suited for the site.

The logo for the new site should be simple, professional, with finance and/or technology elements.

HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:48:02 PM

Hello everyone, mafort1469 here. My old account is no longer valid. Thank you.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 03:49:19 PM

Hello everyone, mafort1469 here. My old account is no longer valid. Thank you.

Welcome back! Glad to see you back on the forum.

HORT

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:00:36 PM

How is DNotes different?

CRISP for Students
How does the plan work?

CRISP for Retirement
How does the plan work?

CRISP overview - etc.
Any more?

These are great. A suggestion would be to have a 'Benefits' section or 'How does this benefit me?' section. Most people like to know how it will directly benefit them.
HORT

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:09:14 PM

Starting on the new site logo. This is the first step in my process, narrowing down a font, and I would like everyone's opinion on which ones you feel are best suited for the site.

The logo for the new site should be simple, professional, with finance and/or technology elements.

My choices:
1st - 19
2nd - 3
3rd - 6
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 04:42:41 PM

By the way, if anyone is interested in creating a logo for DCEBrief, we are willing to provide a bounty.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 04:48:25 PM

1, 3 and 23

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:57:26 PM

I like 3, 20, 23. Wondering if tag line needs to be in italics? Maybe it does, but might be worth experimenting.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:19:19 PM

My picks are 1, 3, 16, and 18.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:23:35 PM

Some of them look as if the D is an O, so if I glance at it quickly I see the word OCEB - something to consider.  My favorites are;

17, 9, and 25

edit: agree with kanus1113 on #16 as well

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
HORT

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:09:52 PM

By the way, if anyone is interested in creating a logo for DCEBrief, we are willing to provide a bounty.

Yes, I would like to submit a few logos. When do you need all submission by? Thanks.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 06:54:36 PM

Yes, I would like to submit a few logos. When do you need all submission by? Thanks.

As of right now, it is very early in the development process, so we have time. I would say a week would be fine.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 07:08:57 PM

I like 3, 20, 23. Wondering if tag line needs to be in italics? Maybe it does, but might be worth experimenting.

Thanks wiser, not at all. We will play around with it a bit.

Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: