Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:36:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:04:09 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 03:57:14 AM by Chase

Hi, all. I know this thread has been mostly covering the DCEBrief lately, but I wanted to bring back into focus some important issues about DNotes and Charity.

As some of you may know, I visited Alan in Chicago this weekend to gain more direction (very productive visit, btw!). On my way home, I was able to spend a few hours roaming the city before my train left. I was BOMBARDED by various people asking for help, mostly "to get to the homeless shelter". I gave what I could, knowing that my money would best serve them coming from a charity organization.

I couldn't help but think.... what would the impact be if people could donate crypto to charities? First and foremost it will be recognition from the charities part that crypto currency is a real currency. It will also portray the average crypto currency user as a “normal human being” that had the brains, the guts and the will to do something different. So the people’s perception will change toward crypto currency users. Lastly, it will make the process of donation more efficient, eliminating fees and the "middleman" involved.

I am contacting the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless www.chicagohomeless.org to request that DNotes and Bitcoin be accepted as an option for payment. I ask you to join me. I can't do it alone.

While my children, my parents, my friends, and I are snug in our beds tonight with full bellies and warm toes, there are people - REAL PEOPLE - whether by choices made or circumstances unforeseen, have no safe place to rest their weary heads.

This is a very worthy post Kristina - thanks!

I have read a fair bit on the homeless and learned even more about why they are (beyond the stereotypical reasons).  It is a very worthy cause and I will support you by sending an email as well.

A couple months ago I came across a charity for the homeless that accepts bitcoin so I bookmarked it for future reference when I had more time.  Well, I have even less time now than I had then, but your post inspired me to let the dishes rot in the sink for a day, refresh my memory, and post this at CryptoMoms on the charity thread.  What is more important??

Sean's Outpost in Pensacola, Florida is a homeless outreach program that has served over 162,000 meals to those without a roof over their head.  The really impressive thing about this is that it has all been funded with bitcoin.  There is a 9 acre property called "Satoshi Forest" where the homeless can live safely in their tents and makeshift structures without being harassed.  

Founder Jason King is also telling the homeless about bitcoin and in the video on their website there is an interview with one of three homeless guys who all started making money off bitcoin and now the three of them can afford to rent a house.

When I send my email I will mention Sean's Outpost and how it is completely funded by cryptocurrency.  I realize the Chicago Coalition For the Homeless is much bigger, but they may like to check it out.

They now accept Litecoin, Doge, and Clam as well.  Maybe DNotes down the road? Wink

http://www.seansoutpost.com/

Homeless Facts:

Percent of people in a soup kitchen line who are children                          20 %
Percent of homeless that are Families with Children                                 36 %
Percent of homeless population that are Veterans / Vets                           40 %
Number of Americans who now live in hunger or on the edge of hunger       31,000,000

http://www.statisticbrain.com/homelessness-stats/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 04:02:42 AM

Quick update on how DCEBrief is doing:

Today we had well over 500 visitors, and has been trending up daily. Seen glimpses of it on Google news and several other news outlets. Social media response has been very positive. By my estimate we are doing very well for this early stage.

DCEBrief's success is important to DNotes and all of it's stakeholders and supporters. We are getting the message out about the importance of digital currency, providing positive media attention for the industry, introducing many people from various backgrounds to DNotes cause and mission, as well as creating another income producing property that will be rolled into the DNotes company and will have a positive effect on the DNotes economy and it's stakeholders. The most successful ventures are ones where everyone can benefit, DCEBrief is another great example of that.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone for contributing to the DCEBrief project, from idea to reality, it wouldn't have been possible without your help and support.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:16:36 PM

Today we had well over 500 visitors, and has been trending up daily. Seen glimpses of it on Google news and several other news outlets. Social media response has been very positive. By my estimate we are doing very well for this early stage.

DCEBrief's success is important to DNotes and all of it's stakeholders and supporters. We are getting the message out about the importance of digital currency, providing positive media attention for the industry, introducing many people from various backgrounds to DNotes cause and mission, as well as creating another income producing property that will be rolled into the DNotes company and will have a positive effect on the DNotes economy and it's stakeholders. The most successful ventures are ones where everyone can benefit, DCEBrief is another great example of that.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone for contributing to the DCEBrief project, from idea to reality, it wouldn't have been possible without your help and support.

That's a great effort. It's awesome to have a medium like that to post quality content. Soon enough those visitor numbers will be in the tens of thousands daily, the services on offer will have expanded just beyond writing informational articles, and the page will really drive education and by proxy of that, further crypto adoption. The industry as a whole, and DNotes will benefit immensely from this.

I think getting a basic glossary done soon is a good idea with terms like "Blockchain", "Bankchain", "API", "Ledger", "Smart Contract", "Mining" etc will be important quite soon, the best part is, is that it wouldn't require any special writing skills to do it! Any takers?

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:59:19 PM

That's a great effort. It's awesome to have a medium like that to post quality content. Soon enough those visitor numbers will be in the tens of thousands daily, the services on offer will have expanded just beyond writing informational articles, and the page will really drive education and by proxy of that, further crypto adoption. The industry as a whole, and DNotes will benefit immensely from this.

I think getting a basic glossary done soon is a good idea with terms like "Blockchain", "Bankchain", "API", "Ledger", "Smart Contract", "Mining" etc will be important quite soon, the best part is, is that it wouldn't require any special writing skills to do it! Any takers?

There is every indication that DCEBrief will be a great success and a valuable part of the DNotes company. Again, Dnotes is taking a very different path because we are firmly committed to be the currency with a purpose. We have no interest in a get rich quick scheme, too common in our industry. Our commitment is to do the right thing every time for the benefits of everyone with the best interest of our industry in mind. Should we succeed, we all will benefit from it. To us that is a far far better choice. That is what I can personally can be proud of and I know you do too. We appreciate how everyone has been so helpful and supportive. As always, we appreciate that very much.

We are happy that DNotes is finally listed on Cryptsy exchange. It will be a huge help if they would soon offer a Note/USD and Note/CAD pair and eventually have a direct link option to customers' banks. That will be a significant feature when we start to promote our family of CRISPs savings program in a few months.

There will be a full press release supported by a massive Tweeter campaign tomorrow. We are just getting started. There will be a lot more to come.

"I think getting a basic glossary done soon is a good idea with terms like "Blockchain", "Bankchain", "API", "Ledger", "Smart Contract", "Mining" etc will be important quite soon, the best part is, is that it wouldn't require any special writing skills to do it! Any takers?" TeeGee

That is a great idea, TeeGee. I hope someone will take on that challenge.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:45:17 PM

There is every indication that DCEBrief will be a great success and a valuable part of the DNotes company. Again, Dnotes is taking a very different path because we are firmly committed to be the currency with a purpose. We have no interest in a get rich quick scheme, too common in our industry. Our commitment is to do the right thing every time for the benefits of everyone with the best interest of our industry in mind. Should we succeed, we all will benefit from it. To us that is a far far better choice. That is what I can personally can be proud of and I know you do too. We appreciate how everyone has been so helpful and supportive. As always, we appreciate that very much.

We are happy that DNotes is finally listed on Cryptsy exchange. It will be a huge help if they would soon offer a Note/USD and Note/CAD pair and eventually have a direct link option to customers' banks. That will be a significant feature when we start to promote our family of CRISPs savings program in a few months.

There will be a full press release supported by a massive Tweeter campaign tomorrow. We are just getting started. There will be a lot more to come.

"I think getting a basic glossary done soon is a good idea with terms like "Blockchain", "Bankchain", "API", "Ledger", "Smart Contract", "Mining" etc will be important quite soon, the best part is, is that it wouldn't require any special writing skills to do it! Any takers?" TeeGee

Great idea TeeGee, the glossary will be very helpful.

If you guys have any ideas for the sidebar content, aside from what we have now, that would make it more intriguing for visitors to explore the site, that would be helpful. It appears most people read the one article they were interested in, then leave. I suspect it will be better once we build a content base as well.

KristinaHD

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:54:48 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 04:36:57 PM by KristinaHD

Hi, all. I know this thread has been mostly covering the DCEBrief lately, but I wanted to bring back into focus some important issues about DNotes and Charity.

As some of you may know, I visited Alan in Chicago this weekend to gain more direction (very productive visit, btw!). On my way home, I was able to spend a few hours roaming the city before my train left. I was BOMBARDED by various people asking for help, mostly "to get to the homeless shelter". I gave what I could, knowing that my money would best serve them coming from a charity organization.

I couldn't help but think.... what would the impact be if people could donate crypto to charities? First and foremost it will be recognition from the charities part that crypto currency is a real currency. It will also portray the average crypto currency user as a “normal human being” that had the brains, the guts and the will to do something different. So the people’s perception will change toward crypto currency users. Lastly, it will make the process of donation more efficient, eliminating fees and the "middleman" involved.

I am contacting the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless www.chicagohomeless.org to request that DNotes and Bitcoin be accepted as an option for payment. I ask you to join me. I can't do it alone.

While my children, my parents, my friends, and I are snug in our beds tonight with full bellies and warm toes, there are people - REAL PEOPLE - whether by choices made or circumstances unforeseen, have no safe place to rest their weary heads.

This is a very worthy post Kristina - thanks!

I have read a fair bit on the homeless and learned even more about why they are (beyond the stereotypical reasons).  It is a very worthy cause and I will support you by sending an email as well.

A couple months ago I came across a charity for the homeless that accepts bitcoin so I bookmarked it for future reference when I had more time.  Well, I have even less time now than I had then, but your post inspired me to let the dishes rot in the sink for a day, refresh my memory, and post this at CryptoMoms on the charity thread.  What is more important??

Sean's Outpost in Pensacola, Florida is a homeless outreach program that has served over 162,000 meals to those without a roof over their head.  The really impressive thing about this is that it has all been funded with bitcoin.  There is a 9 acre property called "Satoshi Forest" where the homeless can live safely in their tents and makeshift structures without being harassed.  

Founder Jason King is also telling the homeless about bitcoin and in the video on their website there is an interview with one of three homeless guys who all started making money off bitcoin and now the three of them can afford to rent a house.

When I send my email I will mention Sean's Outpost and how it is completely funded by cryptocurrency.  I realize the Chicago Coalition For the Homeless is much bigger, but they may like to check it out.

They now accept Litecoin, Doge, and Clam as well.  Maybe DNotes down the road? Wink

http://www.seansoutpost.com/

Homeless Facts:

Percent of people in a soup kitchen line who are children                          20 %
Percent of homeless that are Families with Children                                 36 %
Percent of homeless population that are Veterans / Vets                           40 %
Number of Americans who now live in hunger or on the edge of hunger       31,000,000

http://www.statisticbrain.com/homelessness-stats/

Thank you, everyone, for your support. I have also contacted Sean's outpost. I hope i get a reply soon.
matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:24:19 PM

This might be a well remembered milestone on the DNOTES's path. Me too ----Awaiting eagerly to see.

Has anyone noticed that we are off the voting list on Cryptsy?  Does that mean what I think it does??  Smiley Smiley

Awaiting eagerly to see.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 09:07:52 PM

Hi, just to purpose to add a instant translator in DCEB like google for blogs, really isnt working next to perfection, but give a chance to people all arround the globle.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 09:28:21 PM

This might be a well remembered milestone on the DNOTES's path. Me too ----Awaiting eagerly to see.

Has anyone noticed that we are off the voting list on Cryptsy?  Does that mean what I think it does??  Smiley Smiley

Awaiting eagerly to see.

Agreed Mati, Cryptsy will be a great milestone for DNotes, and opens up our exposure a bit.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 09:32:02 PM

Hi, just to purpose to add a instant translator in DCEB like google for blogs, really isnt working next to perfection, but give a chance to people all arround the globle.

Thanks Infovortice, I was thinking about how we could reach out to other languages. I fear with instant translation, the meaning will be lost. If we find good translators to run a language specific version of the site or sub-domain, we may be able to work out a shared revenue type of deal. What do you guys think of that idea?

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:45:28 PM

Here is a sneak peek of our press release scheduled for mass distribution tomorrow with full tweeter campaign:

DNotes Live on Cryptsy For Bitcoin Trading, Growth of Ecosystem With
World's First Cryptocurrency Savings Accounts Continues Unabated

Stable Bitcoin alternative DNotes has just been added to reputable Bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchange Cryptsy. DNotes offers a complete digital currency infrastructure; including the world's first Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans.

DNotes is pleased to announce it has recently been added to reputable digital currency exchange Cryptsy. Operating for over 2 years, Cryptsy has more than 270 000 registered users with over 300 000 trades taking place on the platform every day. Cryptsy accepting DNotes helps solidify DNotes' extensive ecosystem; which includes the world's first long term cryptocurrency savings plans (CRISPs), DCEBrief.com which offers the latest digital currency news for busy executives, DNotesVault guaranteed safe coin storage, and women oriented cryptocurrency neutral platform CryptoMoms.com.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:25:05 AM

Great idea TeeGee, the glossary will be very helpful.

If you guys have any ideas for the sidebar content, aside from what we have now, that would make it more intriguing for visitors to explore the site, that would be helpful. It appears most people read the one article they were interested in, then leave. I suspect it will be better once we build a content base as well.

"If you guys have any ideas for the sidebar content, aside from what we have now, that would make it more intriguing for visitors to explore the site, that would be helpful."

What if we had a mini 'points only' story in the sidebar.  For example:

"5 Ways Digital Currency ______"   (Or banks, govt, charity, women, jobs, etc, etc)

1/5  Brief point or sentence appears with title in the sidebar
2/5  Each successive point will show up in the sidebar of another section (ie FinTech, Business, etc)
3/5  "   "
etc.

I'm always a sucker for the 'Next' button. Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 02:13:09 AM

"If you guys have any ideas for the sidebar content, aside from what we have now, that would make it more intriguing for visitors to explore the site, that would be helpful."

"5 Ways Digital Currency ______"   (Or banks, govt, charity, women, jobs, etc, etc)

2/5  Each successive point will show up in the sidebar of another section (ie FinTech, Business, etc)
3/5  "   "
etc.

Thanks Chase, do you have an example of one another site uses?

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 03:14:42 AM

3/5  "   "
etc.

Thanks Chase, do you have an example of one another site uses?

I've never seen one that takes you to a totally different section of the site when you press next.  The ones I have seen have the background page stay the same and only the photo / writeup change as you proceed through the next > list of ie. "worst banks in the world".  It was just an idea that we could possibly create something like this to steer people to other pages at DCEBrief.

This isn't the best example, but this is a photo one from Forbes - http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45emehg/1-denmark-2/  I don't know if this is anything we want to do, or if it is too much work, but is it possible to have something like this, but smaller, in the sidebar (even if it is just points), and end up in another background section when you press next?

KristinaHD

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:47:15 PM

http://www.finextra.com/news/fullstory.aspx?newsitemid=25997

Bitcoin startup Xapo has unveiled plans for a debit card that lets users pay with the crypto-currency wherever plastic is accepted. The card will link to a user's Xapo bitcoin wallet. When a purchase is made, Zapo taps Bitstamp to exchange the customer's bitcoin for fiat currency which goes to the merchant.

Xapo wallet users will get a free virtual card for online purchases and can pay $15 for a physical companion - which will start shipping in around two months - for real-world transactions.

In a blog post, Xapp CEO Wences Casares says "we've made it simple for customers to spend their bitcoins at millions of businesses around the world without a merchant needing to accept bitcoin. It's convenient for users, and easy for merchants."

Last month Casares raised $20 million in funding for his bitcoin startup, which as well as providing a wallet also offers cold-storage, pitching itself as the Fort Knox of the bitcoin world.

Update:
Although Xapo initially suggested that it would offer a MasterCard card through a partner bank, MasterCard has told Finextra that it does not have a relationship with the bitcoin firm, adding: "There is no card program currently available."

although this seems like an incredible idea, mastercard's comment makes it sound like they aren't even interested in working with cryptocurrency. There would have to be a major credit card company willing to join forces with xapo to make this a reality, correct?
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 01:07:03 PM

Thanks Infovortice, I was thinking about how we could reach out to other languages. I fear with instant translation, the meaning will be lost. If we find good translators to run a language specific version of the site or sub-domain, we may be able to work out a shared revenue type of deal. What do you guys think of that idea?

I think this is the best and moar proffesional solution, no doubts. I offer for spanish translation.
KristinaHD

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:00:58 PM

I think this is the best and moar proffesional solution, no doubts. I offer for spanish translation.

What a great idea infovortice! According the the census bureau, about 13% of USA's population alone speaks Spanish as a first language. We must put effort into making information about Cryptocurrency available to everyone.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 02:10:16 PM

Thank you Infovortice, I've mentioned it to Alan briefly, we will need to work out the details of how it will work.

Scream

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:11:07 PM

Good coin, Great Community, Strong community too
im buy this coin some month ago and i like with rate now Roll Eyes
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 02:25:13 PM

http://dcebrief.com/viva-la-revolucion-cryptocurrencies-as-agents-of-social-change/

Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: