Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:25:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 02:23:03 AM

' . . . recap a few other prominent (or promising) altcoins . . . '

I think a pivotal metric -- certainly the one around which IndiaMikeZulu analyses circle -- is categories of alts.* Just as examples:

One: 'outwards-focussed' cryptos -- Dnotes is a category of one.

Two: the 2.0s, which are gonna trounce all complacent 1.0s.** [PM me, and I'll give you a prime example of a complacent 1.0.]

Three: the stealth coins: the Two Futures of Cryptos are compliant and libertarian. If things get ugly, stealth coins will do very well.

*There was a day, early 2014, I think, when six of the first forty-two cryptos on CMC were 'country coins.' Today? none.
**And beyond 2.0? PM me!

But I popped in this morning to launch the crypto buzz-phrase of 2016: 'zero-knowledge systems':

https://news.bitcoin.com/banks-will-lose-ground-2016-fintech-bitcoin

Nota bene: I take no personal responsibility whatsoever for the appalling prose of the article.

Thanks Mark! The leaking of personal information and banks rights to deny or suspend service to individuals are certainly advantages for cryptocurrency, leading us towards 'zero-knowledge systems'. I can see that buzz word catching on.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 02:28:53 AM

By the way, if anyone has a topic they would like covered on DCEBrief. I'm gathering up a few now to send out to the writers. This is an open invitation if you think of anything in the future as well, feel free to post it here or send me an email.

I would like to see a DNotes year in review type of article. Recap what has happened this and what's next.

+1

Would also be good to recap a few other prominent (or promising) altcoins--ones I would recommend are NEU, DMD, PIGGY, XEM. XPY would also make for a very interesting article because that coin has made a major recovery from its origins as basically a scam coin to cover up a mining hardware scam. XPY is now a legit coin with a lot of challenges up ahead, but with a very good dev team which has gone above and beyond the call of duty and done something few in the cryptospace have done. Disclosure: I own strong positions in all these altcoins (including DNotes Smiley )

Great ideas all! An altcoin one might be tough because of the volume of information and we don't want to be too biased. I'll have to give that some thought.

You'd have to cover highlights about each coin so it's not too much and provide links to relevant websites or forum threads for those who want more information. As for bias, I figure the best thing is to be positive about each coin. The real bias would be in which coins you select to cover. I wouldn't cover a coin unless you thought it had potential. Even then, you won't be able to cover all of them. You could come up with some screening criteria, such as coin needs to be at least a year old (that will avoid inadvertently covering the quick death ones), a minimal USD or BTC marketcap (sustained for a certain amount of time)--basic metrics that indicate a strong coin vs. a weak one. I could probably come up with a few more that aren't strictly numerical as well Smiley

I think what it boils down to is the research time needed. My time spent keeping up on the latest in the alt space is limited these days. Though I/we do want to support positive industry efforts regardless of where they come from. I am still interested in hearing from your experience about what you like about these coins.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:29:10 AM

I think the story in this thread may be worth covering in DCEBrief. The point I see that is often missed by the highly myopic (Bitcoin only) publications is that the Bitcoin block chain is neither the only block chain out there, nor is it the only one banks are interested in. The thread is mostly about how a number of Japanese banks are using the technology underlying the NEM system for their own private block chains. I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't other coin's block chains out there that are attracting corporate interest, though NEM is the only one I know about so far.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1291667.0
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:29:55 AM

By the way, if anyone has a topic they would like covered on DCEBrief. I'm gathering up a few now to send out to the writers. This is an open invitation if you think of anything in the future as well, feel free to post it here or send me an email.

I would like to see a DNotes year in review type of article. Recap what has happened this and what's next.

+1

Would also be good to recap a few other prominent (or promising) altcoins--ones I would recommend are NEU, DMD, PIGGY, XEM. XPY would also make for a very interesting article because that coin has made a major recovery from its origins as basically a scam coin to cover up a mining hardware scam. XPY is now a legit coin with a lot of challenges up ahead, but with a very good dev team which has gone above and beyond the call of duty and done something few in the cryptospace have done. Disclosure: I own strong positions in all these altcoins (including DNotes Smiley )

Great ideas all! An altcoin one might be tough because of the volume of information and we don't want to be too biased. I'll have to give that some thought.

You'd have to cover highlights about each coin so it's not too much and provide links to relevant websites or forum threads for those who want more information. As for bias, I figure the best thing is to be positive about each coin. The real bias would be in which coins you select to cover. I wouldn't cover a coin unless you thought it had potential. Even then, you won't be able to cover all of them. You could come up with some screening criteria, such as coin needs to be at least a year old (that will avoid inadvertently covering the quick death ones), a minimal USD or BTC marketcap (sustained for a certain amount of time)--basic metrics that indicate a strong coin vs. a weak one. I could probably come up with a few more that aren't strictly numerical as well Smiley

I think what it boils down to is the research time needed. My time spent keeping up on the latest in the alt space is limited these days. Though I/we do want to support positive industry efforts regardless of where they come from. I am still interested in hearing from your experience about what you like about these coins.

Yes, I really should write that up.

An option to save time would be to ask the devs to submit their own write-ups, and then verify the information. Usually people involved in a coin are pretty familiar with its history.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 02:39:04 AM

+1

An option to save time would be to ask the devs to submit their own write-ups, and then verify the information. Usually people involved in a coin are pretty familiar with its history.

I think CryptoMoms forum would benefit from that kind of information as well. Wink

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 02:39:32 AM

I think the story in this thread may be worth covering in DCEBrief. The point I see that is often missed by the highly myopic (Bitcoin only) publications is that the Bitcoin block chain is neither the only block chain out there, nor is it the only one banks are interested in. The thread is mostly about how a number of Japanese banks are using the technology underlying the NEM system for their own private block chains. I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't other coin's block chains out there that are attracting corporate interest, though NEM is the only one I know about so far.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1291667.0

Giving it a read over now.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 03:32:59 AM

' . . . recap a few other prominent (or promising) altcoins . . . '

I think a pivotal metric -- certainly the one around which IndiaMikeZulu analyses circle -- is categories of alts.* Just as examples:

One: 'outwards-focussed' cryptos -- Dnotes is a category of one.

Two: the 2.0s, which are gonna trounce all complacent 1.0s.** [PM me, and I'll give you a prime example of a complacent 1.0.]

Three: the stealth coins: the Two Futures of Cryptos are compliant and libertarian. If things get ugly, stealth coins will do very well.

*There was a day, early 2014, I think, when six of the first forty-two cryptos on CMC were 'country coins.' Today? none.
**And beyond 2.0? PM me!

But I popped in this morning to launch the crypto buzz-phrase of 2016: 'zero-knowledge systems':

https://news.bitcoin.com/banks-will-lose-ground-2016-fintech-bitcoin

Nota bene: I take no personal responsibility whatsoever for the appalling prose of the article.

I had to laugh at this part:

One paragragh starts with the sentence "Banks are also not taking cash from hard working citizens..." and the following sentence states "Cannabis entrepreneurs are finding it very difficult to deal with traditional banking institutions...".  Really??  Hard working citizen = cannabis entrepreneur??

Welcome to the new normal I suppose...  Shocked

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
FogHorn_LegHorn

Activity: 245
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:41:52 AM

I'm gonna have to bring that chickenhawk over here and get him up to speed. Speed that is. Good work, good work!
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:19:48 AM

Just dropping in briefly to say hello. Now that the price of Bitcoin made a nice comeback there is a lot more love for Bitcoin from the mainstream media.

I love the headline.

Bloomberg View
By Mark Gilbert
Dec. 29, 2015

Bitcoin Won 2015. Apple ... Did Not

This year has been awash with financial and business intrigue and excitement. Here, then, are my awards for the most fascinating stories of 2015, with the added bonus that the qualifying events have implications that will reverberate into 2016 and beyond. ................

COMEBACK OF THE YEAR -- BITCOIN

Bitcoin was the world's worst-performing currency in 2014, losing more than 57 percent of its value against the dollar. This year, the digital currency extolled by some as a technological escape route from government's snooping into our financial affairs tops the league tables. It's gained almost 40 percent, knocking the Somali shilling into second place, the Gambian dalasi into third, and the Burundi franc to a distant fourth spot:

LEMON OF THE YEAR -- APPLE WATCH

I number myself among Apple's fans, with a long (and expensive) history of buying iPods, iMacs, iPads and iPhones on their first, second and then third iterations. (I even owe my first job to a cursory acquaintance with the Apple Mac in the 1980s, back when Microsoft and the PC ruled supreme.) So this year's launch of the Apple Watch was a thoroughly discouraging affair, almost as depressing as the boring film about the fall and rise of Steve Jobs, creator of the world's biggest company.

In fact, the watch, Apple Pay and Apple TV are all disappointments. Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook won't even reveal what demand for the timepiece has been, for fear of giving away valuable market information (his argument) or because the numbers are an embarrassment (I know which explanation I favour). The iPhone contributed 66 percent of Apple's fiscal 2015 revenue, up from 50 percent in 2012;

Read More:
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-12-29/bitcoin-won-in-2015-but-apple-lost-big
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:46:43 AM

+1

We like to be supportive of other Altcoins, but need to approach it with caution. We could consider an article covering Altcoins in general with mention of a selected few. Beyond that, we need to be very careful with our selection, with a tight vetting process. I do plan to reach out to a few of them when I am caught up with my writing project.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 01:30:18 PM

Please add a translator to dcebrief !!!  yeah every body can use google translator, but if its integrated in web to select whatever languaje with 2 clicks should open dcebrief to global population.

amazing articles congrats !!

yeah i think too dcebrief cant ignore other altcoins, but selection of which altcoin must appear will be hard, someones can complement DNotes and not compete, so i think this ones are the best to explain to readers just like examples of how dinamic blockchain industry is.
HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:44:41 PM

+1

We like to be supportive of other Altcoins, but need to approach it with caution. We could consider an article covering Altcoins in general with mention of a selected few. Beyond that, we need to be very careful with our selection, with a tight vetting process. I do plan to reach out to a few of them when I am caught up with my writing project.

Yes, I agree. By only having a select few altcoins, people would be saying favoritism was in play even if not true. I think articles will be just fine and that way DCEBrief will remain unbiased all the way around.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 03:59:04 PM

I'm gonna have to bring that chickenhawk over here and get him up to speed. Speed that is. Good work, good work!

Thanks FogHorn_LegHorn! Welcome to the DNotes forum.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 04:19:22 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2015, 04:30:40 PM by DNotes

Please add a translator to dcebrief !!!  yeah every body can use google translator, but if its integrated in web to select whatever languaje with 2 clicks should open dcebrief to global population.

yeah i think too dcebrief cant ignore other altcoins, but selection of which altcoin must appear will be hard, someones can complement DNotes and not compete, so i think this ones are the best to explain to readers just like examples of how dinamic blockchain industry is.

Thanks Infovortice, alright I'll see what I can find for translation.

Edit: Added, below the search box.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 04:45:18 PM

http://dcebrief.com/introducing-kids-to-cryptocurrency-through-gaming/

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 05:00:12 PM

That is super cool! Where do you find this stuff?  Grin

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 05:09:13 PM

Just dropping in briefly to say hello. Now that the price of Bitcoin made a nice comeback there is a lot more love for Bitcoin from the mainstream media.

I love the headline.

Bloomberg View
By Mark Gilbert
Dec. 29, 2015

This year has been awash with financial and business intrigue and excitement. Here, then, are my awards for the most fascinating stories of 2015, with the added bonus that the qualifying events have implications that will reverberate into 2016 and beyond. ................

Bitcoin was the world's worst-performing currency in 2014, losing more than 57 percent of its value against the dollar. This year, the digital currency extolled by some as a technological escape route from government's snooping into our financial affairs tops the league tables. It's gained almost 40 percent, knocking the Somali shilling into second place, the Gambian dalasi into third, and the Burundi franc to a distant fourth spot:

I number myself among Apple's fans, with a long (and expensive) history of buying iPods, iMacs, iPads and iPhones on their first, second and then third iterations. (I even owe my first job to a cursory acquaintance with the Apple Mac in the 1980s, back when Microsoft and the PC ruled supreme.) So this year's launch of the Apple Watch was a thoroughly discouraging affair, almost as depressing as the boring film about the fall and rise of Steve Jobs, creator of the world's biggest company.

In fact, the watch, Apple Pay and Apple TV are all disappointments. Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook won't even reveal what demand for the timepiece has been, for fear of giving away valuable market information (his argument) or because the numbers are an embarrassment (I know which explanation I favour). The iPhone contributed 66 percent of Apple's fiscal 2015 revenue, up from 50 percent in 2012;

Read More:
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-12-29/bitcoin-won-in-2015-but-apple-lost-big

Don't give up on Apple Watch just yet. The problem is the need to be paired with an iphone. All this thing needs is its own Cellular Data connection and it will go crazy! It already does WiFi and Bluetooth, 4G /LTE can't be far away. Considering Apple is spending a load of money on new fabricating facilities rumored to be able to improve chip density and and decrease component and screen thickness, I would say within a year it will have the ability to stand alone. With stand alone connectivity and Siri, it will go crazy...

PS: I have one and I find it very useful even though it's tethered to the phone via BT and WiFi...

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 05:15:29 PM

That is super cool! Where do you find this stuff?  Grin

Ran across it when researching an easy way to have multiple translations of your site. It just uses google translate, so it isn't perfect by any means, and there are better options once we feel like having human translators will be feasible.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 06:44:41 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2015, 07:25:21 PM by Dyna

I love the headline.

Bloomberg View
By Mark Gilbert
Dec. 29, 2015

Read More:

Don't give up on Apple Watch just yet. The problem is the need to be paired with an iphone. All this thing needs is its own Cellular Data connection and it will go crazy! It already does WiFi and Bluetooth, 4G /LTE can't be far away. Considering Apple is spending a load of money on new fabricating facilities rumored to be able to improve chip density and and decrease component and screen thickness, I would say within a year it will have the ability to stand alone. With stand alone connectivity and Siri, it will go crazy...

PS: I have one and I find it very useful even though it's tethered to the phone via BT and WiFi...

RJF, you are absolutely correct. I was just cheering for Bitcoin to be finally getting some positive headlines.

This concept has been around since the early nineties. Bill Gates might be the first person to publicly talk about a wearable computer with all the cool features. It was way ahead of material science, computing power, wireless bandwidth, display and battery technologies. If I were still in that business, I could go pretty crazy about it. I would probably already have a team to work on how to completely replace my wallet. No more credit cards. If stolen, it will completely shut down, unless attached to me with 10FA or something...... Too much fun just thinking about it.
neleonele

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 08:28:07 PM

Just wanna wish you Happy New Year,

it is great pleasure to have you like friends,

I truly believe that 2016 will be AWESOME.

Let there be rock!

Nele

Pages: « 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: