Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:44:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:20:18 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 12:42:42 AM by Chase

I spoke to a politician today that is running in the Canadian federal election.  He may have been looking for a quick hello and support, but I pinned him down (not literally Grin), and asked him how his party was going to regulate digital currency.  He wasn't familiar with it and had never heard of bitcoin.  I mentioned that digital currency and the blockchain will be the biggest technology revolution since the internet.  I told him about the Canadian Senate's recommendations that encourage a "light touch", so as not to stifle innovation.  He wants me to email him with more information so he can look into it.  I am going to mention DCEBrief as the best news site for busy professionals.  Please let me know tonight if you can think of a few powerful facts that I can use to help him understand how important this is.  What benefits would a country have by being first to adopt digital currency?  The best quick reply to squash the "bitcoin for criminals" nonsense.

Anyone that wants to write the whole argument, I'll gladly accept that too!!  Wink

p.s. Election day is Monday, October 19th

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 02:30:03 AM

I spoke to a politician today that is running in the Canadian federal election.  He may have been looking for a quick hello and support, but I pinned him down (not literally Grin), and asked him how his party was going to regulate digital currency.  He wasn't familiar with it and had never heard of bitcoin.  I mentioned that digital currency and the blockchain will be the biggest technology revolution since the internet.  I told him about the Canadian Senate's recommendations that encourage a "light touch", so as not to stifle innovation.  He wants me to email him with more information so he can look into it.  I am going to mention DCEBrief as the best news site for busy professionals.  Please let me know tonight if you can think of a few powerful facts that I can use to help him understand how important this is.  What benefits would a country have by being first to adopt digital currency?  The best quick reply to squash the "bitcoin for criminals" nonsense.

Anyone that wants to write the whole argument, I'll gladly accept that too!!  Wink

Hi Chase, I realize the importance of sending the right message to our future regulators. I'm not the best writer, but I will do what I can. Please modify this to fit your conversation.

Digital Currency, also referred to as Cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin and DNotes has forever changed humankind. Since the early days of the internet, many have sought out a way to create a virtual currency that won't allow a user to 'double spend' and prevents someone from hacking into it and just creating money out of thin air. Cryptocurrency is the solution.

The revolutionary technology, the Blockchain, which makes digital currency possible is the holy grail of storing data. The Blockchain stores data in an irreversible manner on a distributed ledger through a decentralized peer to peer network.

As Alan Yong, regarded as a 'thought leader' in the digital currency industry, has mentioned in his latest press release: "Yong believes that the best way to realize this “generational opportunity” is to understand the true potential of the three distinct components of this cryptocurrency revolution: the digital money, the blockchain technology that underpins it, and the global payment network system within which it operates."
http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-alternative-dnotes-announces-new-company-launch-in-2016-to-integrate-the-currency-payment-system-and-blockchain/

Countries that get a head start in digital currency by offering sensible regulation will be the leaders in tomorrows financial world and become a global mecca for technology, business, and innovation. The future of a global digital currency which can be used in conjunction with fiat currency, is coming whether we like it or not and we would like Canada to be at the forefront of this revolution. It is important to note, uncertainty in regulation leaves potential digital currency businesses unable to act and over regulation stifles business and innovation, a perfect balance will allow Canada to become a technological powerhouse and flourish in this industry.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:31:40 AM

He "had never heard of bitcoin". This is not a big surprise. If I had to guess, 90% of the world population have not heard of Bitcoin. And 50% of our industry have not heard of DNotes. The potential is massive, but only those who are invested for the long term with staying power will reap the most rewards.

If your new political contact will only visit DCEBrief, you would have at least won one battle. Perhaps you might want to email him our most recent press release and one or two of your favorite articles from DCEBrief. "The Future of Money" might be a good one.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 12:05:34 PM

And it begins:

I just spotted somebody I've only chatted to once, about 3 years ago at an indoor football event just post the latest DCEBrief article onto their Facebook feed. I had no idea this person had any interest in cryptocurrencies or anything, I believe he lives home in Korea currently.

I wonder if it is correlated to the competition?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 12:29:31 PM

And it begins:

I just spotted somebody I've only chatted to once, about 3 years ago at an indoor football event just post the latest DCEBrief article onto their Facebook feed. I had no idea this person had any interest in cryptocurrencies or anything, I believe he lives home in Korea currently.

That must have been a pleasant surprise. DCEBrief has been more popular on social media than I would have guessed, that is where half of our traffic is coming from.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 01:02:32 PM

And it begins:

That must have been a pleasant surprise. DCEBrief has been more popular on social media than I would have guessed, that is where half of our traffic is coming from.

Very interesting. We had made multiple attempts to recruit someone to help out in this area without much success. This is an area we need to focus on more and can use more help.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 01:44:08 PM

I'd gladly help, but I need another month before I could put significant time into it.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:10:28 PM

I'd gladly help, but I need another month before I could put significant time into it.

That's sound fine. We will be needing a lot of help by then.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 03:11:07 PM

And it begins:

Very interesting. We had made multiple attempts to recruit someone to help out in this area without much success. This is an area we need to focus on more and can use more help.

A social media expert would be a huge benefit to DNotes. I am 'winging it' as I go with very little prior experience.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:16:11 PM

Quote from: Chase on Today at 03:44:40 AM

Interesting article regarding the reasons for failure of a lot of bitcoin start-ups:

Bitcoin Start-ups: Exciting Potential, Common Mistakes

"The Bitcoin sector is still new territory for business; Bitcoin has had to gradually evolve from being a new technology, loved and led by enthusiasts to being a successful, global payment network which operates professionally and responsibly."

https://coinreport.net/bitcoin-start-ups-exciting-potential-common-mistakes/

Thanks for the post, Chase.

I have a strong interest to understand why start-ups failed, how we can learn from their failures, and what must be done differently to drastically improve the chances of being successful. Equally important is a viable business model, positioning the business for long term growth to being sustainable. 

The author listed a few interesting points which I will comments on. However, it goes significantly deeper than that and could very well warrant a series of articles for DCEBrief. This is a very complex industry with many moving parts. It is easy to get excited about big ideas, but at the end of the day, only successfully executed business models will survive the test of time, despite high profile VC backing as in the case of
Buttercoin, a Bitcoin trading platform which had high-profile backing from the likes of Google Ventures, Y Combinator and Rothenberg Ventures, closed its doors in April this year, despite gaining market traction.”

cloud the judgement of even the most experienced entrepreneurs, who may be tempted to rush into a sector which is essentially unknown” The nature of our industry seemed to have attracted more ‘me too” than typical. This could be due to the low cost barrier to entry, such as creating a new currency and now starting a “Blockchain” business.

unfamiliarity with many of the complex technologies” Conceptually, the technologies are not that complex. Open source codes available to any interested developers have made it significantly less complex. Personally, I believe that the lack of focus and long term commitment with a viable business model is often the problem. The ability to develop winning strategies and be able to execute them flawlessly are all very important as a package.

the lack of established best practice security procedures, have led to the collapse of many start-ups which appeared to offer exciting business models.” In any business, good business practices or procedures are of critical importance right from the start. Bad business practices are very expensive. Furthermore, it can define you negatively. This is clearly the problem with Bitcoin. The bad business practices of certain exchanges and Bitcoin being used by some bad actors have been a public relation nightmare for Bitcoin without a managed response. Given the right leadership, Bitcoin could have handled this issue very differently.

Bitcoin will continue to provide an enticing opportunity for both investors and entrepreneurs.” I concur. We are still at the formative stage. DNotes is very solution oriented. We want to be a positive force to our industry. This has been our position from day one. We believe that what is good for our industry is good for everyone. This has led to the creation of CryptoMoms to help close the gender gap by encouraging and assisting women to participate in our industry. We also created DNotesVault and a family of digital savings accounts so that any one worldwide can participate. Recently we added DCEBrief to help promote a positive and educational message so that others may understand the immense opportunities digital currency and the Blockchain technology offers.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:10:53 PM

Hi Chase, I realize the importance of sending the right message to our future regulators. I'm not the best writer, but I will do what I can. Please modify this to fit your conversation.

Digital Currency, also referred to as Cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin and DNotes has forever changed humankind. Since the early days of the internet, many have sought out a way to create a virtual currency that won't allow a user to 'double spend' and prevents someone from hacking into it and just creating money out of thin air. Cryptocurrency is the solution.

The revolutionary technology, the Blockchain, which makes digital currency possible is the holy grail of storing data. The Blockchain stores data in an irreversible manner on a distributed ledger through a decentralized peer to peer network.

As Alan Yong, regarded as a 'thought leader' in the digital currency industry, has mentioned in his latest press release: "Yong believes that the best way to realize this “generational opportunity” is to understand the true potential of the three distinct components of this cryptocurrency revolution: the digital money, the blockchain technology that underpins it, and the global payment network system within which it operates."
http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-alternative-dnotes-announces-new-company-launch-in-2016-to-integrate-the-currency-payment-system-and-blockchain/

Countries that get a head start in digital currency by offering sensible regulation will be the leaders in tomorrows financial world and become a global mecca for technology, business, and innovation. The future of a global digital currency which can be used in conjunction with fiat currency, is coming whether we like it or not and we would like Canada to be at the forefront of this revolution. It is important to note, uncertainty in regulation leaves potential digital currency businesses unable to act and over regulation stifles business and innovation, a perfect balance will allow Canada to become a technological powerhouse and flourish in this industry.

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed!  I used it all and the last paragragh was the powerpunch I was looking for!  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:31:53 PM

He "had never heard of bitcoin". This is not a big surprise. If I had to guess, 90% of the world population have not heard of Bitcoin. And 50% of our industry have not heard of DNotes. The potential is massive, but only those who are invested for the long term with staying power will reap the most rewards.

If your new political contact will only visit DCEBrief, you would have at least won one battle. Perhaps you might want to email him our most recent press release and one or two of your favorite articles from DCEBrief. "The Future of Money" might be a good one.

Thank you, that is a perfect article for this particular audience.  Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 12:00:11 AM

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed!  I used it all and the last paragragh was the powerpunch I was looking for!  Smiley

Thanks Chase, that's great, I'm glad you were able to use it.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 12:05:32 AM

25,000 DNotes DCEBrief Social Contest.

10 DNotes for each social action up to 10,000 DNotes total payout.

Each social action also counts as an entry toward the following prizes:
  • 1 5,000 DNotes randomly selected winner.
  • 5 1,000 DNotes prizes for the top 5 sharers.
  • 5 1,000 DNotes randomly selected winners.

Rules:
- Email contest@dcebrief.com with your entries including a link to your social profiles and DNotes address by 11/20/2015.
- You may send all of your entries in one email or send an email as you each time you share an article.
- You may only share each article once per social media account.
- Creating additional social media accounts to gain more entries into the contest is strictly prohibited.
- Posting entries here in the forum will disqualify your entries from the contest, and is against the rules of this forum, please be sure to email your entries to contest@dcebrief.com.

Note: You may share any number of our articles, each share counts for the DNotes award and the prizes.

Just a note for everyone who has submitted already, I will be sending the first payout this weekend and will be paying out weekly. Thank you to everyone joining the contest.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:56:18 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 01:17:43 PM by Dyna

From CryptoMoms Today:

Good Morning, CryptoMoms has been growing nicely. With a steady increase in registered members and daily traffic. We had our 2nd largest number of visitors yesterday - 229.

This is a good time to take another look at CryptoMoms' mission statement:

Mission Statement

Cryptomoms.com is a digital community center with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the emerging world of crypto currency overwhelmingly dominated by men. We begin by creating a culture of mutual respect for women with genuine efforts to help them acquire the basic knowledge about digital currency along with many earning opportunities. We will relentlessly pursue to accomplish our mission through multiple campaigns and outreach projects and invite the participation of our industry peers and advocates to join force with us.  We will set very specific quantifiable goals and sponsor creditable surveys to measure our achievement against those goals. For the common good of our industry we are committed to make a difference.

We are positioning to take CryptoMoms to the next level. Please contact me at contact@dnotescoin.com if you are interested to participate.

We are planning to assist women in small business with dedicated efforts to work with other organizations such as Illinois Small Business Development Centers below:

Small Business Development Centers

Illinois Small Business Development Centers

Located throughout the state, Illinois SBDC’s provide information, confidential business guidance, training and other resources to early stage and existing small businesses.
SBDCs in the Chicago area:

•   North Business & Industrial Council (NORBIC), 8430 West Bryn Mawr Ave., Chicago, Illinois 60631; http://www.norbic.org/
NORBIC is a nonprofit economic development organization that offers free and low-cost business assistance programs to help manufacturers develop strategies to enter new markets, reduce costs, access financing, improve their business management, train employees and build a stronger business network.  
•   Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago, 2010 West Fulton, Suite 280, Chicago, Illinois 60612; http://www.industrialcouncil.com/
The ICNC offers a variety of low-cost and no-cost services to strengthen companies in the Kinzie Industrial Corridor and to facilitate economic and community development.
•   Duman Microenterprise Center, 216 West Jackson Blvd, Suite 700, Chicago, Illinois 60606-6921; http://www.jvschicago.org/duman/
Duman Microenterprise Center provides one-on-one counseling at no charge for start-ups and pre-existing small businesses in the Chicago metropolitan area. The Center offers entrepreneurial training, business assistance, mentoring and access to capital.
•   University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Business Administration-Rice Building, 815 West Van Buren, Suite 320, Chicago, Illinois 60607; http://www.uic.edu/cba/cub/
 The Small Business Development Center at UIC offers workshops, panel discussions and individual consulting services to existing small businesses or those individuals interested in starting a business.
•    Women’s Business Development Center, 8 South Michigan, Suite 400, Chicago, Illinois 60603-3302; http://www.wbdc.org/
The Women’s Business Development Center offers training, events, workshops and counseling to small businesses, including Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) certification for women-owned businesses.
•   Hull House, Jane Addams Hull House – Parkway Community House, 500 East 67th St. Chicago, Illinois 60637-4097; http://www.hullhouse.org/
The Small Business Development Center at Hull House offers individual counseling, small business training, and workshops on marketing, finance, legal structures, insurance, leasing space, sales taxes and record keeping. A funded partner of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, it operates in communities of need on the south and north sides of Chicago, helping to revitalize local neighborhood economies and improve the overall quality of life.
•   Hispanic Entrepreneurship Center, Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, 111 West Washington St., Suite 1660, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2703; http://www.ihccbusiness.net/ec.html
 A program of the Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Illinois Hispanic Entrepreneurship Center offers business development and capacity-building assistance, access to capital, and networking. Its matching grant program offers up to $5,000 in funds to qualifying businesses.
•    Chicago Urban League Entrepreneurship Center, 4510 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, Illinois 60653; www.thechicagourbanleague.org
 The Chicago Urban League’s Entrepreneurship Center offers information sessions, training and business support clinics, coaching on business documents, technical assistance, procurement and business development assistance, and financial assistance.
Illinois SBDCs Located Outside of Chicago:
•  Joseph Center, 7600 W. Roosevelt, Forest Park, IL 60130; http://www.josephcenter.com/
•  Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, 1800 West Cermak Rd., Chicago 60608; http://www.ihccbusiness.net/ec.html
•  Harper College, Harper Professional Building, 650 East Higgins Road, Suite 106, Schaumburg, IL 60173; http://goforward.harpercollege.edu/page.cfm?p=4398
•   Rock River Valley Entrepreneurship Center, EIGERlab, 605 Fulton Ave., Rockford, IL 61103; http://www.rrvec.com/
•  Illini Entrepreneurship Center, UIUC – EnterpriseWorks, 60 Hazelwood Drive, MC-659, Champaign, IL 61820; http://www.illiniecn.org/
•  SBDC at the Turner Center for Entrepreneurship at  Bradley University, 141 Jobst Hall, 1501 West Bradley Ave., Peoria, IL 61625; http://www.bradley.edu/turnercenter/centers/sbdc.html
•  College of Lake County, 19351 West Washington St., Room T-302, Grayslake, IL, 60030-1198; http://www.clcillinois.edu/depts/sbd.asp
•  College of DuPage, 2525 Cabot Dr., Lisle, IL 60532; http://www.cod.edu/Academic/Bus_Tech/center_entrepreneur/sm_business.htm
•  Governors State University, Centerpoint for Entrepreneurs, Room C3370, University Park, IL 60466-0975; http://www.centerpointgsu.com/
•  Heartland Partnership, 100 S.W. Water St., Peoria, IL 61602; http://www.heartlandpartnership.org/
•  Black Hawk College , 4703 – 16th Street, Suite G, Moline, IL 61265-7066; http://www.bhc.edu/index.aspx?NID=27

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

From CryptoMoms Today:

Good Morning, CryptoMoms has been growing nicely. With a steady increase in registered members and daily traffic. We had our 2nd largest number of visitors yesterday - 229.

This is a good time to take another look at CryptoMoms' mission statement:

Mission Statement

Cryptomoms.com is a digital community center with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the emerging world of crypto currency overwhelmingly dominated by men. We begin by creating a culture of mutual respect for women with genuine efforts to help them acquire the basic knowledge about digital currency along with many earning opportunities. We will relentlessly pursue to accomplish our mission through multiple campaigns and outreach projects and invite the participation of our industry peers and advocates to join force with us.  We will set very specific quantifiable goals and sponsor creditable surveys to measure our achievement against those goals. For the common good of our industry we are committed to make a difference.

We are positioning to take CryptoMoms to the next level. Please contact me at contact@dnotescoin.com if you are interested to participate.

We are planning to assist women in small business with dedicated efforts to work with other organizations such as Illinois Small Business Development Centers below:

Small Business Development Centers

Illinois Small Business Development Centers

Located throughout the state, Illinois SBDC’s provide information, confidential business guidance, training and other resources to early stage and existing small businesses.
SBDCs in the Chicago area:

•   North Business & Industrial Council (NORBIC), 8430 West Bryn Mawr Ave., Chicago, Illinois 60631; http://www.norbic.org/
NORBIC is a nonprofit economic development organization that offers free and low-cost business assistance programs to help manufacturers develop strategies to enter new markets, reduce costs, access financing, improve their business management, train employees and build a stronger business network.  
•   Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago, 2010 West Fulton, Suite 280, Chicago, Illinois 60612; http://www.industrialcouncil.com/
The ICNC offers a variety of low-cost and no-cost services to strengthen companies in the Kinzie Industrial Corridor and to facilitate economic and community development.
•   Duman Microenterprise Center, 216 West Jackson Blvd, Suite 700, Chicago, Illinois 60606-6921; http://www.jvschicago.org/duman/
Duman Microenterprise Center provides one-on-one counseling at no charge for start-ups and pre-existing small businesses in the Chicago metropolitan area. The Center offers entrepreneurial training, business assistance, mentoring and access to capital.
•   University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Business Administration-Rice Building, 815 West Van Buren, Suite 320, Chicago, Illinois 60607; http://www.uic.edu/cba/cub/
 The Small Business Development Center at UIC offers workshops, panel discussions and individual consulting services to existing small businesses or those individuals interested in starting a business.
•    Women’s Business Development Center, 8 South Michigan, Suite 400, Chicago, Illinois 60603-3302; http://www.wbdc.org/
The Women’s Business Development Center offers training, events, workshops and counseling to small businesses, including Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) certification for women-owned businesses.
•   Hull House, Jane Addams Hull House – Parkway Community House, 500 East 67th St. Chicago, Illinois 60637-4097; http://www.hullhouse.org/
The Small Business Development Center at Hull House offers individual counseling, small business training, and workshops on marketing, finance, legal structures, insurance, leasing space, sales taxes and record keeping. A funded partner of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, it operates in communities of need on the south and north sides of Chicago, helping to revitalize local neighborhood economies and improve the overall quality of life.
•   Hispanic Entrepreneurship Center, Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, 111 West Washington St., Suite 1660, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2703; http://www.ihccbusiness.net/ec.html
 A program of the Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Illinois Hispanic Entrepreneurship Center offers business development and capacity-building assistance, access to capital, and networking. Its matching grant program offers up to $5,000 in funds to qualifying businesses.
•    Chicago Urban League Entrepreneurship Center, 4510 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, Illinois 60653; www.thechicagourbanleague.org
 The Chicago Urban League’s Entrepreneurship Center offers information sessions, training and business support clinics, coaching on business documents, technical assistance, procurement and business development assistance, and financial assistance.
Illinois SBDCs Located Outside of Chicago:
•  Joseph Center, 7600 W. Roosevelt, Forest Park, IL 60130; http://www.josephcenter.com/
•  Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, 1800 West Cermak Rd., Chicago 60608; http://www.ihccbusiness.net/ec.html
•  Harper College, Harper Professional Building, 650 East Higgins Road, Suite 106, Schaumburg, IL 60173; http://goforward.harpercollege.edu/page.cfm?p=4398
•   Rock River Valley Entrepreneurship Center, EIGERlab, 605 Fulton Ave., Rockford, IL 61103; http://www.rrvec.com/
•  Illini Entrepreneurship Center, UIUC – EnterpriseWorks, 60 Hazelwood Drive, MC-659, Champaign, IL 61820; http://www.illiniecn.org/
•  SBDC at the Turner Center for Entrepreneurship at  Bradley University, 141 Jobst Hall, 1501 West Bradley Ave., Peoria, IL 61625; http://www.bradley.edu/turnercenter/centers/sbdc.html
•  College of Lake County, 19351 West Washington St., Room T-302, Grayslake, IL, 60030-1198; http://www.clcillinois.edu/depts/sbd.asp
•  College of DuPage, 2525 Cabot Dr., Lisle, IL 60532; http://www.cod.edu/Academic/Bus_Tech/center_entrepreneur/sm_business.htm
•  Governors State University, Centerpoint for Entrepreneurs, Room C3370, University Park, IL 60466-0975; http://www.centerpointgsu.com/
•  Heartland Partnership, 100 S.W. Water St., Peoria, IL 61602; http://www.heartlandpartnership.org/
•  Black Hawk College , 4703 – 16th Street, Suite G, Moline, IL 61265-7066; http://www.bhc.edu/index.aspx?NID=27

That's excellent! I did notice the traffic has gone up a bit over the last few months with some great posts.

All, we should review the core content to make any needed updates. Please take a look at the articles and guides on the main site, if you catch anything that needs updating or new content that needs to be added, please let us know.

KC

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:35:24 PM

Hi all,

Thought some of you might be interested in some of the ongoing news related to regulation of the crypto environment. The Uniform Law Commission met on the 9th to discuss their draft proposal for uniform regulation throughout the U.S. You can download that draft and other related info at their website:

http://www.uniformlawcommission.com/Committee.aspx?title=Regulation%20of%20Virtual%20Currencies
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 06:46:58 PM

Hi all,

Thought some of you might be interested in some of the ongoing news related to regulation of the crypto environment. The Uniform Law Commission met on the 9th to discuss their draft proposal for uniform regulation throughout the U.S. You can download that draft and other related info at their website:

http://www.uniformlawcommission.com/Committee.aspx?title=Regulation%20of%20Virtual%20Currencies

Thanks for posting that Ken! It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds. Below is part of an article from brave new coin on the subject:

AB1326 was met with mixed reviews. The Electronic Frontier Foundation had “philosophical issues with” with the bill. “Both the type of regulatory scheme it’s proposing as well as the timing of this regulation in relation to the development of new virtual currency technologies—and we also have concerns about how the bill is technically written.”

However, Jerry Brito Executive Director of Coin Center, was in full support of an improved version: “Bottom line: it’s not a choice between this bill and no regulation; it’s a choice between the sensible regulation in AB 1326—even if it could be improved—and the ill-fitting regulation of the Money Transmission Act.”

“If this bill fails, we may end up with the aggressive and industry-stunting regulation that we’re all seeking to avoid. And if this bill fails, we’d also lose the best bill we’ve seen that could be a model for other states and a counterweight to the BitLicense.”

- Jerry Brito, Coin Center Executive Director

The California bill was eventually shelved, and now the Uniform Law Commission (ULC) are taking the initiative. The ULC is designed to bring clarity and stability to areas of state and statutory law.

The ULC is currently headquartered in Chicago and has produced more than 300 uniform acts, which focus on critical topics, including commercial law, family and domestic relations law, and estates. The commission consists of approximately 350 commissioners.

The signature product of the commission was the Uniform Commercial Code, which took ten years to complete. Enacted in the ‘40s, the code is a comprehensive set of laws governing commercial transactions between U.S. states and territories. These transactions include borrowing money, leases, contracts, and the sale of goods, which lead to a partnership with the American Law Institute. 14 years later, it had been enacted in every state of America.

Now firmly focused on 21st century regulation, the ULC is working on virtual currencies, defined “as a form of electronic value, the value of which depends on the market. It is not backed by government (so that it lacks status as legal tender).” The commission's interest in digital currency stems from its ability to be “safer from hacking, often cheaper and faster, and has finality of payment.”

“Virtual currencies have legitimate purposes and can be purchased, sold, and exchanged with other types of virtual currencies or real currencies.”

- Uniform Law Commission

As some states have shown interest in the regulation of digital currencies, the ULC advises that others are sure to follow suit. The ULC will be looking into how to take these proposed legal frameworks one step further. “In the absence of an overarching federal payments regulatory framework, these state laws need to be harmonized to the extent possible.”

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/uniform-law-commission-seeks-unified-regulation-for-virtual-currencies-in-america/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 07:51:46 PM

http://dcebrief.com/why-bitcoin-and-digital-currency-dnotes-could-be-the-euros-best-friends/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:53:33 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for posting that Ken! It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds. Below is part of an article from brave new coin on the subject:

AB1326 was met with mixed reviews. The Electronic Frontier Foundation had “philosophical issues with” with the bill. “Both the type of regulatory scheme it’s proposing as well as the timing of this regulation in relation to the development of new virtual currency technologies—and we also have concerns about how the bill is technically written.”

However, Jerry Brito Executive Director of Coin Center, was in full support of an improved version: “Bottom line: it’s not a choice between this bill and no regulation; it’s a choice between the sensible regulation in AB 1326—even if it could be improved—and the ill-fitting regulation of the Money Transmission Act.”

“If this bill fails, we may end up with the aggressive and industry-stunting regulation that we’re all seeking to avoid. And if this bill fails, we’d also lose the best bill we’ve seen that could be a model for other states and a counterweight to the BitLicense.”

- Jerry Brito, Coin Center Executive Director

The California bill was eventually shelved, and now the Uniform Law Commission (ULC) are taking the initiative. The ULC is designed to bring clarity and stability to areas of state and statutory law.

The ULC is currently headquartered in Chicago and has produced more than 300 uniform acts, which focus on critical topics, including commercial law, family and domestic relations law, and estates. The commission consists of approximately 350 commissioners.

The signature product of the commission was the Uniform Commercial Code, which took ten years to complete. Enacted in the ‘40s, the code is a comprehensive set of laws governing commercial transactions between U.S. states and territories. These transactions include borrowing money, leases, contracts, and the sale of goods, which lead to a partnership with the American Law Institute. 14 years later, it had been enacted in every state of America.

Now firmly focused on 21st century regulation, the ULC is working on virtual currencies, defined “as a form of electronic value, the value of which depends on the market. It is not backed by government (so that it lacks status as legal tender).” The commission's interest in digital currency stems from its ability to be “safer from hacking, often cheaper and faster, and has finality of payment.”

“Virtual currencies have legitimate purposes and can be purchased, sold, and exchanged with other types of virtual currencies or real currencies.”

- Uniform Law Commission

As some states have shown interest in the regulation of digital currencies, the ULC advises that others are sure to follow suit. The ULC will be looking into how to take these proposed legal frameworks one step further. “In the absence of an overarching federal payments regulatory framework, these state laws need to be harmonized to the extent possible.”

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/uniform-law-commission-seeks-unified-regulation-for-virtual-currencies-in-america/

Thanks, for the post, Ken. I have some knowledge of the Uniform Law Commission's effort. I am hopeful that they have the best chances of a favorable outcome. It may not be what we all want but,  "it’s a choice between the sensible regulation in AB 1326—even if it could be improved—and the ill-fitting regulation of the Money Transmission Act.”

I am a strong proponent of consumers' protection and firmly committed to building DNotes with trust and integrity, as my highest priority. What I have been against most is the requirement of duplicate state licensing requirements. As it stands today, 48 out of the 50 states require separate application and individual state license to be in compliance with regulations under the Money Transmission Act. This is extremely burdensome and cost prohibitive, especially for smaller operators. Furthermore, there is little to no legal guidance on many issues as they pertain to digital currency.
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: