Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 11:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:38:02 PM

Again, Evander did an out standing job - a must read for everyone.

I am so glad we have DCEBrief. One stop, and a few Google searches are enough for me to feel informed and confident that I am current with what I need to know about our industry. I trust that, before long, many busy executives like me will discover the great value DCEBrief offers - totally free in exchange for a little of your precious time to keep you objectively informed.

Bitcoin Year in Review – 2015

This is all you have to read and you are up to speed on Bitcoin for the year.  Great article!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:45:19 PM

All, so the idea in progress for the book and accompanying site is this:

The book is designed to help small business be successful. Drawing from Alan's schooling and knowledge in business and as a business consultant for hundreds of businesses that needed help.

The book I am writing is dedicated to assist small business owners, including many women small business owners. The vast majority of small business owners and their employees are struggling today in the face of mounting regulations and high cost of doing business. Many small business owners struggle to meet payroll on a regular bases and skip supporting their own retirement savings. Many employees have not see a pay raise in years. We are committed to help in ways we can to foster better employer/employee relationship and improved ways of doing business. We believe that CRISP For Retirement, and CRISP For Employees Incentive Benefits when offered as a package with interactive support by virtual of a dedicated web site will make a difference. We also plan to engage other groups as part of the resources that are beneficial for small business owners. Any suggestions you may have will be very much appreciated.

The book and the site will be utilized in the upcoming business to help fund and grow this business. We will be exploring both publisher options and self publishing options if we cannot make a favorable deal with a publisher. We have also created a model for a marketing plan in the event we do have to self publish to ensure it is a viable option.

The site will be a membership site designed to compliment the book, likely with different levels of membership. We intend to keep the cost of membership low in the spirit of helping small business and not becoming a burden, and we plan to over-deliver in terms of value to the customer.

The first level of membership will likely include additional content and explore more in depth the concepts within the book via video and articles published on a regular basis. We intend to have articles from Alan directly and approved articles from industry experts. This would also include specific forms, spreadsheets, and materials that would help small businesses, Alan can go into more detail on that than I can.

The second level may include access to a forum, where we can help answer peoples business questions, give them advice and guidance, and also use it as an outlet for vetted consultants to help in various aspects of their business. One of the requirements for being a vetted consulted in the forum would be that they spend some time helping answer questions on the forums.

So this is the rough idea, I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

I like it. It ties crypto/business/economy/money/success and surviving in the future monetary world together in one place. I think this is something currently lacking in our industry. Everyone involved has an idea of how to make their version of crypto or, blockchain (read sequential database here) or whatever part of this new technology they have bought in to work for them but, very few have the vision to pull it all together or, even show how one area effects the others in real world.

Again, lets look at "blockchain". How many blockchain projects have been announced in the last year? Hundreds? Certainly there is something under the radar here. Not sinister but fearful. Fear of being left behind. As much as banks and other financial institutions try to "pooh pooh" crypto, behind closed doors they are scared to death but, they need to show the public they are engaged. Large corporations and governments are in the same boat, get involved or, get left behind. All these "blockchain" projects are simply vehicles to get funding to explore the technology using the current "buzz" words that are quickly becoming a part of the Lexicon.

A website that could take all this into consideration and perhaps show the way to integration without pain, would be welcome. I feel there are very few places on the Web where professionals can go to discuss the technology and how to best leverage it for their needs. Real world data, working examples, technical input and support, that would be something to get them all in one place.

We've decided on the site name and book title. "Calibrate Your Company; The Four Pillars of Business Success" and FourPillarsofBusinessSuccess.com (there is nothing there now). You can see the current cover concept here, you can ignore the graphics for the most part, this is the conceptual phase we will eventually hand off to a designer. So we would love to hear your comments on those.

Also, I'm getting ready to get started on the site itself so I can start messing around with the design, logo, and testing the various membership site platforms I've found. If you guys have any suggestions on anything at all, including how the site will look, what to include inside and outside of the member area, or logo please feel free to let me know. I will share as much as I can, but I'm sure it will be a week before I have anything to show.

Now this is exciting!!

"Calibrate Your Company; The Four Pillars of Business Success" and FourPillarsofBusinessSuccess.com

"you can ignore the graphics for the most part"  - I actually like the graphics (gears always do it for me - lol). The book cover is awesome!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:50:31 PM

I got an email from Allcoin asking me to withdraw all my coins before January 26 as they are being taken over. If I have anything on there, it isn't worth much, but tried to check anyway. My antivirus kept blocking it saying it wasn't a private connection. Just a heads-up.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 07:10:41 PM

I got an email from Allcoin asking me to withdraw all my coins before January 26 as they are being taken over. If I have anything on there, it isn't worth much, but tried to check anyway. My antivirus kept blocking it saying it wasn't a private connection. Just a heads-up.

Doesn't look like they have a security certificate setup. Basically that makes it much easier to see the data transferred over the internet, like your email and password when you login. Proceed with caution. Make sure your password isn't the same as another site, that's a bad practice anyway, but change it on the other site if you do.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 07:40:14 PM

Doesn't look like they have a security certificate setup. Basically that makes it much easier to see the data transferred over the internet, like your email and password when you login. Proceed with caution. Make sure your password isn't the same as another site, that's a bad practice anyway, but change it on the other site if you do.

The site has been sold to another Chinese group. I had a small amount left but would not bother to take a chance.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:31:46 PM

I have a unique password for Allcoin. The BTC wallet is frozen (go figure!), but I was able to trade the little I had for DOGE and move that to BitTrex with no problems. I'll probably dump the DOGE and buy something else. If I start getting a boatload of new spam to my email address, I'll know it was a mistake. I'm not planning to trade there anymore or anything, even when the takeover is complete.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:07:57 AM

To Anyone Participating in FF4DC's NFL Playoff Challenge:

The NFL regular season is officially complete, make sure to pick your team before January 9th. To pick your team, go to "my picks" and select a player for each position.
-----

http://playoffchallenge.fantasy.nfl.com/group/241421

This is a winner take all event, but should there be a tie, prize money (current value over 200 USD) will be split evenly.

In the event that the winner cannot be reached for an extended period of time, the prize money will be awarded to the runner up.

The winner will be decided after the Superbowl on February 7th, best of luck everyone!

Thanks for providing us with a little fun now and again, Brandon! My beloved Colts did not make the playoffs this year.......Going to be interesting. We have a few powerhouses sputtering into the playoffs, and a few teams that are playing like their hair is on fire going in also.

Thanks again, Brandon
     Smokey

I figured everyone has been working pretty hard, and could use a little entertainment.

Go Vikings!
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:27:38 AM

Here's . . . Guvvy Coin!!

“You can definitely create a cryptocurrency that has various kinds of restrictions on it that governments might want; a system where you need to have a certificate cryptographically signed by the government in order to create an account is one example”

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115998/german-government-tracks-bitcoin-transactions-to-prevent-terrorism-financing
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 01:41:28 AM

“You can definitely create a cryptocurrency that has various kinds of restrictions on it that governments might want; a system where you need to have a certificate cryptographically signed by the government in order to create an account is one example”

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115998/german-government-tracks-bitcoin-transactions-to-prevent-terrorism-financing

I'm not seeing the logic here, if any form of payment can be used to fund terrorism and we can't stop them from using the traditional forms of payment, then why create a brand new currency that they have no incentive to use? Unless the ultimate goal is to put fiat on the blockchain and remove all other forms of the fiat currency.

SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:48:35 AM

All, so the idea in progress for the book and accompanying site is this:

The book is designed to help small business be successful. Drawing from Alan's schooling and knowledge in business and as a business consultant for hundreds of businesses that needed help.

The book I am writing is dedicated to assist small business owners, including many women small business owners. The vast majority of small business owners and their employees are struggling today in the face of mounting regulations and high cost of doing business. Many small business owners struggle to meet payroll on a regular bases and skip supporting their own retirement savings. Many employees have not see a pay raise in years. We are committed to help in ways we can to foster better employer/employee relationship and improved ways of doing business. We believe that CRISP For Retirement, and CRISP For Employees Incentive Benefits when offered as a package with interactive support by virtual of a dedicated web site will make a difference. We also plan to engage other groups as part of the resources that are beneficial for small business owners. Any suggestions you may have will be very much appreciated.

The book and the site will be utilized in the upcoming business to help fund and grow this business. We will be exploring both publisher options and self publishing options if we cannot make a favorable deal with a publisher. We have also created a model for a marketing plan in the event we do have to self publish to ensure it is a viable option.

The site will be a membership site designed to compliment the book, likely with different levels of membership. We intend to keep the cost of membership low in the spirit of helping small business and not becoming a burden, and we plan to over-deliver in terms of value to the customer.

The first level of membership will likely include additional content and explore more in depth the concepts within the book via video and articles published on a regular basis. We intend to have articles from Alan directly and approved articles from industry experts. This would also include specific forms, spreadsheets, and materials that would help small businesses, Alan can go into more detail on that than I can.

The second level may include access to a forum, where we can help answer peoples business questions, give them advice and guidance, and also use it as an outlet for vetted consultants to help in various aspects of their business. One of the requirements for being a vetted consulted in the forum would be that they spend some time helping answer questions on the forums.

So this is the rough idea, I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

I like it. It ties crypto/business/economy/money/success and surviving in the future monetary world together in one place. I think this is something currently lacking in our industry. Everyone involved has an idea of how to make their version of crypto or, blockchain (read sequential database here) or whatever part of this new technology they have bought in to work for them but, very few have the vision to pull it all together or, even show how one area effects the others in real world.

Again, lets look at "blockchain". How many blockchain projects have been announced in the last year? Hundreds? Certainly there is something under the radar here. Not sinister but fearful. Fear of being left behind. As much as banks and other financial institutions try to "pooh pooh" crypto, behind closed doors they are scared to death but, they need to show the public they are engaged. Large corporations and governments are in the same boat, get involved or, get left behind. All these "blockchain" projects are simply vehicles to get funding to explore the technology using the current "buzz" words that are quickly becoming a part of the Lexicon.

A website that could take all this into consideration and perhaps show the way to integration without pain, would be welcome. I feel there are very few places on the Web where professionals can go to discuss the technology and how to best leverage it for their needs. Real world data, working examples, technical input and support, that would be something to get them all in one place.

We've decided on the site name and book title. "Calibrate Your Company; The Four Pillars of Business Success" and FourPillarsofBusinessSuccess.com (there is nothing there now). You can see the current cover concept here, you can ignore the graphics for the most part, this is the conceptual phase we will eventually hand off to a designer. So we would love to hear your comments on those.

Also, I'm getting ready to get started on the site itself so I can start messing around with the design, logo, and testing the various membership site platforms I've found. If you guys have any suggestions on anything at all, including how the site will look, what to include inside and outside of the member area, or logo please feel free to let me know. I will share as much as I can, but I'm sure it will be a week before I have anything to show.

Now this is exciting!!

"Calibrate Your Company; The Four Pillars of Business Success" and FourPillarsofBusinessSuccess.com

"you can ignore the graphics for the most part"  - I actually like the graphics (gears always do it for me - lol). The book cover is awesome!

Exciting indeed! I love the gears also. The title is PERFECT! The title describes the book very well. This book feels like an old friend already. I have been listening to the preacher for the last 15 years. Some of it has sunk in I hope.........

Smokey
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:04:03 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 09:18:29 AM by IMZ

I'm not seeing the logic here, if any form of payment can be used to fund terrorism and we can't stop them from using the traditional forms of payment, then why create a brand new currency that they have no incentive to use? Unless the ultimate goal is to put fiat on the blockchain and remove all other forms of the fiat currency.

Sadly, Dnotes, Guvvy Coin is easy: Government-approved, brought to you by the nice lady at your local branch.

But I will post shortly: Guvvy Coin will benefit free cryptos in the long run.

EDIT: Post 439 here: http://cryptomoms.com/forum/cryptomoms-com/5/crypto-kindergarten/537/435
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 02:44:35 PM

I have a unique password for Allcoin. The BTC wallet is frozen (go figure!), but I was able to trade the little I had for DOGE and move that to BitTrex with no problems. I'll probably dump the DOGE and buy something else. If I start getting a boatload of new spam to my email address, I'll know it was a mistake. I'm not planning to trade there anymore or anything, even when the takeover is complete.

If you want to gamble, sell your Doge at Cryptsy (best price) and buy NOTE with the profits. I was able to withdraw NOTE worth around $80 today to get my funds out. Even if they are currently overprices, as a long-term investor I still got them relatively cheap (around 1500 sat.).

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:02:13 PM

Quote from: indiamikezulu on Today at 09:13:22 AM

Guvvy Coin will disbenefit ‘free’ cryptos in the short term; but benefit them in the mid- and long-terms.

Why? Because governments will be educating folks about crypto-currencies, but after a while those folks will begin to understand that Guvvy Coin is just The Same Old Problem in a new (electronic) form.

So they’ll start adopting free cryptos.

Quote From Dyna Today

Great observation, Mark. I will try to be a lot nicer to the whole concept of Guvvy Coin. I like the idea of using tax dollars to help promote something that could benefit our industry. I just hope they just don't mess it up, like they normally do.

Can I call it government issued centralized digital fiat currency? (To avoid confusion with decentralized global digital currency such as DNotes) There are great differences between the two. A DCEBrief article may be in order.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:30:00 PM

If you want to gamble, sell your Doge at Cryptsy (best price) and buy NOTE with the profits. I was able to withdraw NOTE worth around $80 today to get my funds out. Even if they are currently overprices, as a long-term investor I still got them relatively cheap (around 1500 sat.).

Thank you, tittiecoiner. That is a good idea. I noticed that DNotes trade volume has been quite high the last few days. I trust that quite a few people must have the same idea.

DNotes is positioned as a long term investment. We have invested a significant amount of money in building up our own ecosystem, 100% funded by the DNotes team without asking for any donation from our community. This is a long term commitment to accomplish a very strategic vision I personally care deeply about. Our global social economic system has been going down a troubling path. We are dedicated to build DNotes as an option to supplement fiat currencies on a global basis. This will take years and a lot of hard work but I honestly believe that it is a worthy cause to make that option available. Given reasonable success, the opportunity is huge for our long term stakeholders.
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:42:05 PM

Thank you, tittiecoiner. That is a good idea. I noticed that DNotes trade volume has been quite high the last few days. I trust that quite a few people must have the same idea.

Just be carefull. It seems (I have no proof, though) that withdrawals currently are only possible with funds from the hot wallets, as long as there are enough coins in. If it's empty, there's a chance the same might happen like with BTC or LTC. Like I said, it's gambling.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 04:04:41 PM

http://dcebrief.com/is-new-york-working-to-undo-the-damage-of-bitlicense-in-2016/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:22:45 PM

Just be carefull. It seems (I have no proof, though) that withdrawals currently are only possible with funds from the hot wallets, as long as there are enough coins in. If it's empty, there's a chance the same might happen like with BTC or LTC. Like I said, it's gambling.

Fair warning, I did have problems withdrawing larger amounts of DNotes (50K +) some six weeks ago. I ended up sending smaller batches. Took me a few days but everything went through successfully.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 04:34:54 PM

This is my favorite article from Evander to date.

History has shown that poor regulatory structure and practices can destroy a nation, much less a state, forcing innovators to find freedom elsewhere. Take the advent of the automobile. Britain’s infamous “Red Flag Laws” late in the 19th century forced car owners to have an engineer on board at all times, and a “Flag man” running ahead to warn pedestrians of the impending doom of the combustion engine coming towards them. Such onerous state laws forced the early automobile to Germany and the Unites States, and the British auto industry has never been the same.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:41:32 PM

Another must read article. Excellent job, Evander!

We are still at the early stage of the greatest technology revolution since the internet. The potential is just too massive for any nation or state to miss out. The smart ones will adjust and put up the welcome sign once they realized what they could be missing.

Those who adopted only the Blockchain may only get three quarters of the pie. We like to have the whole pie. The 1/4 the bankers is throwing out, from my prospective, is the best part of it. Go figure. But if we learned anything from the New York Bitlicense blunder, people do recognize their mistakes, sometimes, and make adjustments to compensate for it later.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 06:37:43 PM

If anyone is interested in who's attacking who on the internet, go here:

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/

Pretty cool.... Refresh to update.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: