Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:29:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:02:22 PM

It is amazing how the media worldwide can be so easily fooled by a Hoaxer.

New Clues Suggest Craig Wright, Suspected Bitcoin Creator, May Be a Hoaxer

WHEN WIRED NAMED Craig Wright Tuesday as the most likely suspect to be Satoshi Nakamoto, the mysterious creator of bitcoin, we laid out two possibilities that outweighed any others: “Either Wright invented bitcoin, or he’s a brilliant hoaxer who very badly wants us to believe he did.” Three days later, new clues point to that second, strange scenario.

Source:

http://www.wired.com/2015/12/new-clues-suggest-satoshi-suspect-craig-wright-may-be-a-hoaxer/
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:29:50 PM

Look what I found in my inbox this morning!

So I'm on a number of email lists (they do seem to multiply) for these self proclaimed "wealth advisers" and guess what this one is recommending (of course once you buy whatever product he's trying to sell) we do to get rich.

http://research.lfb.org/research/html/shi_bitcoin_1115?code=LSHIRC31&n=SHI_bitcoin_1115

There's a lot of hype and the information is not all entirely accurate. Still, I think it's a sign that blockchain technology and currencies are starting to catch on...
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:33:57 PM

The atmosphere on Cryptsy chat is pretty serious. Users are actively seeking coins to bolt with. I just made a withdrawal of 90 NOTE.*

And my Dnotes wallet will shortly be synched, ready to receive the withdrawal if it happens.

So, any Dnoter who establishes that Dnotes can still be pulled from Cryptsy may reasonably go on the chat there, and say so.

Mark

EDIT: came through in literally five minutes. Have posted on Cryptsy chat.

*I bailed on Cryptsy a fortnight ago, but I had enough scraps left to get hold of 90 NOTE.

Getting DNotes in and out of Cryptsy does not seem to be an issue.

However, I made two withdrawals at .1 BTC each over two days ago and have not received them. I wish them well but find it difficult to accept that they are working hard to resolve a technical issue. At a minimum, they are handling damage control poorly. I hope it's not more than that.

Yes, the vague "we're dealing with technical issues" is stretching credibility after having gone on for weeks. I currently have a pending BTC withdrawal that's almost 24 hours old. The last one took about 36 hours. I figured I'd take my chances so we'll see if I ever get it. Most alt-coins are withdrawing fine, hence the premium on their price.

EDIT: on the bright side, Big Vern finally posted some kind of update (with promises to post more updates). Maybe we should all tweet back and suggest they contact Alan to help with reputation building Wink

Thanks for the compliment, Wiser. It will be very challenging for Cryptsy to regain the trust and confidence of their customers and "ex-customers" short of new management or partnership. It will take a change of culture and mind-set that value customers as one of the most precious components in building and growing a successful company.

Since everything is inter-related and affects one another in any business - everything matters to varying levels of importance. The four most important components affecting any business beyond a one man show are: You, your big idea, your employees, and your customers. Any short comings of significance in one or more of these components degrade the chances of success of the company. This happens more often than not, causing a high rate of business failures. Unfortunately, Cryptsy's mind-set is a reflection of top management and very common in our industry. Most founders have the tendency to over value their own skill-sets and early success, without realizing that to be sustainable with healthy growth everything matters. I believe that my book will be truly helpful to a lot of small business owners, including those in our industry.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:41:29 PM

This is an interesting article explaining why a disruptive technology takes a long time to go mainstream and why block chain technology still has a ways to go. One thing the author didn't delve into too much is working out the bugs involved with scaling up (Cryptsy, anyone?).

http://www.coindesk.com/blockchain-decade-away-mainstream/

We're all early adopters.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:56:36 PM

This is an interesting article explaining why a disruptive technology takes a long time to go mainstream and why block chain technology still has a ways to go. One thing the author didn't delve into too much is working out the bugs involved with scaling up (Cryptsy, anyone?).

Great article. We are all early adopters, indeed.

Like we have mentioned many times before, positioning DNotes to stay on the right track with a solid foundation is our highest priority. As we continue to advance and add value to our ecosystem, the value of DNotes will take care of itself. It will take DNotes five years to become firmly established and we are barely two years old. For a young organization of this age, without VC funding, we have accomplished a lot - thanks to you all.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 05:02:02 PM

Like we have mentioned many times before, positioning DNotes to stay on the right track with a solid foundation is our highest priority. As we continue to advance and add value to our ecosystem, the value of DNotes will take care of itself. It will take DNotes five years to become firmly established and we are barely two years old. For a young organization of this age, without VC funding, we have accomplished a lot - thanks to you all.

Agreed on all counts, the article touches on some important information.

I’m often asked how quickly the changes I outline will take place, and my answer is between 10 and 20 years.

The building of the real-time, almost free financial network on the Internet using blockchain and mobile will take about a decade at least before it becomes mainstream. "Oh," some go. "That's a way off. Can we talk about something happening sooner?"

That's an interesting reaction, as sure, we could talk about how Apple Watch payment apps aren't working or the big deal with Chase Pay, but c'mon. I'm not talking about incremental innovations here, but fundamental ones.

The rebuilding of whole financial markets using shared ledgers. The inclusion of 7 billion people in the financial network through mobile. Those are the big ticket items. Another user of Stripe is interesting, but it's not the massive change we can see coming downstream.

So why is this fundamental change going to take 1o years, at least? Because that's how long any major change takes to become mainstream due to "the Waterfall Effect".

The Waterfall Effect is exactly that: the cascade of flowing change from idea to implementation to acceptance to mainstream. And you have to remember there are many players in play here.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:26:33 PM

North Carolina Exempts Select Bitcoin Businesses from Regulation

North Carolina has carved out regulatory exemptions for select bitcoin and blockchain businesses in a move industry supporters say avoids problematic provisions in place in other US states.

In a substantial update to its money transmitter FAQ page, the North Carolina Office of the Commissioner of Banks (NCCOB) has exempted digital currency miners; non-financial blockchain services; and multi-signature and non-custodial wallet providers from the state's Money Transmitters Act (MTA).

Notably, the exemptions are the result of collaboration between the NCCOB and industry advocacy group the Chamber of Digital Commerce, which worked with law firm BuckleySandler LLP and government relations consulting firm Gide on the initiative.

The NCCOB had previously supported a legislative bill that would have covered bitcoin and digital currency related business activities.

As noted by the CDC and its partners, the decision by North Carolina to instead collaborate directly with industry stakeholders contrasts with efforts like New York’s state-specific licensing regime, the BitLicense, which was enacted earlier this year.

BuckleySandler counsel Amy Kim said in a statement:

"These FAQs are quite remarkable as they define specific activities as falling outside the scope of the regulation, which very well may serve as a template for other state interpretations."

In addition to the exemptions, the agency specified that digital currency transmission is regulated under the MTA, as are virtual currency "exchangers and administrators" depending on their business model.

"An exchanger that sells its own stock of virtual currency is generally not considered a virtual currency transmitter under the NC MTA. In contrast, an exchanger that holds customer funds while arranging a satisfactory buy/sell order with a third party, and transmits virtual currency and fiat currency between buyer and seller, will typically be considered a virtual currency transmitter," the FAQ page reads.

http://www.coindesk.com/north-carolina-exempts-bitcoin-regulation/

An exchanger that sells its own stock of virtual currency is generally not considered a virtual currency transmitter under the NC MTA.

If we sold DNotes from an inventory, it looks like it would be excluded from NC money transmitter laws, anyone know if it would be the same with the NY laws? Assuming you still have to deal with KYC and AML, depending. Frankly I think it's ridiculous that every state could have different laws on this anyway.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:35:44 PM

Agreed on all counts, the article touches on some important information.

I’m often asked how quickly the changes I outline will take place, and my answer is between 10 and 20 years.

The building of the real-time, almost free financial network on the Internet using blockchain and mobile will take about a decade at least before it becomes mainstream. "Oh," some go. "That's a way off. Can we talk about something happening sooner?"

That's an interesting reaction, as sure, we could talk about how Apple Watch payment apps aren't working or the big deal with Chase Pay, but c'mon. I'm not talking about incremental innovations here, but fundamental ones.

The rebuilding of whole financial markets using shared ledgers. The inclusion of 7 billion people in the financial network through mobile. Those are the big ticket items. Another user of Stripe is interesting, but it's not the massive change we can see coming downstream.

So why is this fundamental change going to take 1o years, at least? Because that's how long any major change takes to become mainstream due to "the Waterfall Effect".

The Waterfall Effect is exactly that: the cascade of flowing change from idea to implementation to acceptance to mainstream. And you have to remember there are many players in play here.

I really like this story, especially the explanation of the "Waterfall Effect".  There are too many people, both inside and outside the industry, expecting too much too fast.  Within the industry they display an attention-deficit like behavior where they are compelled to move on to the next shiny toy when the first one doesn't go to the moon fast enough. Imagine how much could be accomplished if we all worked on projects that had long term sustainable visions.  Outside the industry, media, banks, and government are notorious for pointing out everything they think is wrong with crypto.  They need to relax and remember the current financial system is 60(?) years old and they still don't have it working properly.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 10:04:50 PM

Sorry for the delay today all, had a bit of a fiasco to deal with this morn, all good now.

Blockchain Weekly Recap 12-12-2015

Equibit Founder on Blockchain OTC Market.
Infosys to Add 250 Jobs in Ireland.
Stampery Brings Blockchain Benefits to Lawyers.
Russia’s Sberbank Gives Nod to Blockchain.
Imogen Heap Praises Blockchain.

http://dcebrief.com/blockchain-weekly-recap-12-12-2015/

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 04:11:10 AM

It is amazing how the media worldwide can be so easily fooled by a Hoaxer.

New Clues Suggest Craig Wright, Suspected Bitcoin Creator, May Be a Hoaxer

WHEN WIRED NAMED Craig Wright Tuesday as the most likely suspect to be Satoshi Nakamoto, the mysterious creator of bitcoin, we laid out two possibilities that outweighed any others: “Either Wright invented bitcoin, or he’s a brilliant hoaxer who very badly wants us to believe he did.” Three days later, new clues point to that second, strange scenario.

Source:

http://www.wired.com/2015/12/new-clues-suggest-satoshi-suspect-craig-wright-may-be-a-hoaxer/

PGP keys, most likely created by Wright AFTER Satoshi began mining Bitcoin were faked. The keys represented technology not available at the time of Bitcoins creation. They appear to have been created on a "back dated" computer. The man is a fraud, period.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/satoshis-pgp-keys-are-probably-backdated-and-point-to-a-hoax

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 01:24:44 PM

From CryptoMoms Forum:

Quote from: indiamikezulu on Today at 03:37:47 AM

Indeed, Shepherd; but as was noted on the Dnotes thread, we are early adopters! (Late late early adopters . . . ) A daily change of terrain is the only constant on Planet Krypto.

It was most refreshing to see also on the Dnotes thread a mention of the psychology of the planetoids. It will be some time before the percentage of sociopaths is reduced, by the steady inflow of nice normal people, to a ratio reflecting that of the real world. (I look forward to the first anthropological studies of this sub-culture.)

Mark

From Dyna Today:

It is very encouraging to see an increasing traffic at this forum. Our registered membership has been growing by over fifty a day; quite impressive. We are currently developing plans to reach out to small business owners, especially women small business owners and their employee. This is a very time consuming process. 2016 will be a very active year for DNotes.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:32:33 PM

This article has some good points regarding "climbing onboard the blockchain bandwagon" that is going on now.  It's a bit long, out of my area of expertise, and I only skimmed the farther I got into the article.

Avoiding the pointless blockchain project

How to determine if you’ve found a real blockchain use case

Blockchains are overhyped. There, I said it. From Sibos to Money20/20 to cover stories of The Economist and Euromoney, everyone seems to be climbing aboard the blockchain wagon. And no doubt like others in the space, we’re seeing a rapidly increasing number of companies building proofs of concept on our platform and/or asking for our help.

As a young startup, you’d think we’d be over the moon. Surely now is the time to raise a ton of money and build that high performance next generation blockchain platform we’ve already designed. What on earth are we waiting for?

I’ll tell you what. We’re waiting to gain a clearer understanding of where blockchains genuinely add value in enterprise IT. You see, a large proportion of these incoming projects have nothing to do with blockchains at all. Here’s how it plays out. Big company hears that blockchains are the next big thing. Big company finds some people internally who are interested in the subject. Big company gives them a budget and tells them to go do something blockchainy. Soon enough they come knocking on our door, waving dollar bills, asking us to help them think up a use case. Say what now?

Full article: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/avoiding-pointless-blockchain-project-gideon-greenspan

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:59:02 PM

Evgeny Kaspersky, is the head of the largest privately-owned cybersecurity company and international software security group Kaspersky Lab. Anything he says is taken seriously. His following statement may cause serious concern:

As long as [cryptocurrencies] do not interfere, authorities won’t pay attention. Once [cryptocurrencies] begin to displace the national currencies – they will be immediately banned.”

Personally, I do not expect digital currencies to displace national currencies for at least another century. Human does not react well to drastic massive changes within a short period of time but we adjust and adapt well when it happens gradually over a long period of time.

At DNotes, we firmly believe, that there are huge growth opportunities, for a very long period of time, if we can strategically position our ecosystems to effectively adapt to changing economic and political environment based on a very long term view. Essentially, that is what we have been doing, and we will continue to go down that path.

We are positioning DNotes as the trusted global digital currency that will gradually supplement national currencies over the next five to ten years. Given the success, that is a very healthy growth path with significant value appreciation from its current price of less than $100 per 10,000 DNotes today. As I often said, where you are right now is of less consequence than where you are going from here. We are invested for the long term with very dedicated efforts to continue adding well planned strategic building blocks as we expand our growth path. 2016 will be the year when we begin our reach to engage small business owners and their employees.

The book I am writing is dedicated to assist small business owners, including many women small business owners. The vast majority of small business owners and their employees are struggling today in the face of mounting regulations and high cost of doing business. Many small business owners struggle to meet payroll on a regular bases and skip supporting their own retirement savings. Many employees have not see a pay raise in years. We are committed to help in ways we can to foster better employer/employee relationship and improved ways of doing business. We believe that CRISP For Retirement, and CRISP For Employees Incentive Benefits when offered as a package with interactive support by virtual of a dedicated web site will make a difference. We also plan to engage other groups as part of the resources that are beneficial for small business owners. Any suggestions you may have will be very much appreciated.

Kaspersky Lab Says That Cryptocurrency Is The Future Of A United Society

he international community is not ready to use cryptocurrency, though it is a great invention. This is according to Evgeny Kaspersky, the head of the largest privately-owned cybersecurity company and international software security group Kaspersky Lab. Once cryptocurrencies develop to the point where they can replace national currencies, governments will ban them immediately says Evgeny.
Kaspersky Lab provides cybersecurity services, including anti-virus for over 300 million users and over 250,000 corporate clients worldwide.

Evgeny Kaspersky stated during the Kaspersky Digital Radio press conferencededicated to the results of the outgoing year:

“I believe that cryptocurrency is a great invention, but geopolitically this world is not ready to use it yet. If there was a unite government and the world was united in a single society – then cryptocurrency  would work very well in such a world. This is the future.”

Today cybersecurity has a major role in all areas of digital technology. While BitcoinCT r:  8 is used in some criminal activities, more often companies that provide anti-virus protection do know what modern and future society should be ready to face. Evgeny Kaspersky said:

"We have finally entered the digital age and got used to live a “double life” Now almost all the events that happen to us and everything we do – whether it's calling to our parents or job meetups, buying concert tickets or making plans to vacation – it’s committed using digital tools and is recorded in the cyberworld. Sometimes, similarly as in the offline world, users find it difficult to ensure their security in the face of the huge number of cyber threats. The business and government mission is to make the human environment, both physical and digital, convenient and safe."

However, Evgeny Kaspersky mentioned that once cryptocurrencies will develop to be able to replace the national currency governments would ban it immediately:

“I am more than sure that different countries will take turns to prohibit the use of cryptocurrency because they can’t control it. As long as [cryptocurrencies] do not interfere, authorities won’t pay attention. Once [cryptocurrencies] begin to displace the national currencies – they will be immediately banned.”
Source:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115842/kaspersky-lab-says-that-cryptocurrency-is-the-future-of-a-united-society
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 03:23:30 PM

This article has some good points regarding "climbing onboard the blockchain bandwagon" that is going on now.  It's a bit long, out of my area of expertise, and I only skimmed the farther I got into the article.

Blockchains are overhyped. There, I said it. From Sibos to Money20/20 to cover stories of The Economist and Euromoney, everyone seems to be climbing aboard the blockchain wagon. And no doubt like others in the space, we’re seeing a rapidly increasing number of companies building proofs of concept on our platform and/or asking for our help.

As a young startup, you’d think we’d be over the moon. Surely now is the time to raise a ton of money and build that high performance next generation blockchain platform we’ve already designed. What on earth are we waiting for?

I’ll tell you what. We’re waiting to gain a clearer understanding of where blockchains genuinely add value in enterprise IT. You see, a large proportion of these incoming projects have nothing to do with blockchains at all. Here’s how it plays out. Big company hears that blockchains are the next big thing. Big company finds some people internally who are interested in the subject. Big company gives them a budget and tells them to go do something blockchainy. Soon enough they come knocking on our door, waving dollar bills, asking us to help them think up a use case. Say what now?

Full article: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/avoiding-pointless-blockchain-project-gideon-greenspan

I will read the full article another day when I have a little more time to spare.

In the mean time, here is my take. Blockchain technology, indeed offers massive potential and will be hugely disruptive. Yes, it is currently over-hyped and attracting too many "me toos", may be more than usual. A lot of investment will not work out with many disappointed investors, but nothing unusual. Most will be too early and many will fail. DNotes is taking Blockchain very seriously. We will be a major player one day but we will not the first bull to charge into the "China Shop." We are keeping ourselves well informed and mapping our the most viable Blockchain related projects. Frankly, we believe that we have a huge advantage of packaging the technology with our own digital currency.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 03:35:48 PM

Quote from: Shepherd on December 09, 2015, 12:11:03 AM

Wow! CryptoMoms blew right through 14 K Members and the traffic has been growing too.

4789 Posts in 568 Topics by 14018 Members

Thanks for all your support. We are gearing up to do a lot more next year.

Our top priority next year is to start working with woman small business owners with an attempt to pull and engage other resources that are helpful for all small business owners and their employees. I will be starting a new thread to answer business related questions. Let us know if you have any suggestions as to how we could be more helpful to small business owners.

As  part of our Christmas tradition, we will be sending out DNotes, as gifts, to all our CRISP For Kids on Christmas week. There will also be a number of special prizes given out. If you have not signed up a CRISP For Kids account for your child, this is a great time to do so. This is a great gift idea for anyone - parents, grandparents, family and friends.

Quote From Shepherd Today:

Impressive!  We have  "Most Online Today: 197. Most Online Ever: 273 (February 18, 2015, 02:25:23 PM)"

Since the last post it has grown to: 4828 Posts in 569 Topics by 14275 Members.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 03:56:05 PM

A bit longer this week, but worth the extra read.

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 12-13-2015

North Carolina Exempting Some Cryptocurrency Companies from Regulation.
Central Banks Consider Creating Digital Currency.
BitWalking: Stepping for Digital Currency!
Minnesota Issues Crypto Warning.

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-12-13-2015/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 04:27:06 PM

I will read the full article another day when I have a little more time to spare.

In the mean time, here is my take. Blockchain technology, indeed offers massive potential and will be hugely disruptive. Yes, it is currently over-hyped and attracting too many "me toos", may be more than usual. A lot of investment will not work out with many disappointed investors, but nothing unusual. Most will be too early and many will fail. DNotes is taking Blockchain very seriously. We will be a major player one day but we will not the first bull to charge into the "China Shop." We are keeping ourselves well informed and mapping our the most viable Blockchain related projects. Frankly, we believe that we have a huge advantage of packaging the technology with our own digital currency.

It's a great article that points out when not to use the blockchain, and for the most part I agree, because we do have better solutions for most database needs. However we haven't seen every iteration of blockchain or thought of every specialized version of the blockchain. When speaking to the blockchain as we know it, he is correct that most companies don't really need it. The most compelling case for blockchain is where the asset is created within the blockchain itself (IE blockchain's killer app... Digital Currency), or maybe even created once and traded without the need for editing the initial values (this could be like the launch of a company and the shares are traded off, sold, by the company itself, but even this case has some issues).

The article details very well when to avoid blockchain. Here is a snippet:

Conclusion
As I mentioned in the introduction, if your project does not fulfill every single one of these conditions, you should not be using a blockchain. In the absence of any of the first five, you should consider one of: (a) regular file storage, (b) a centralized database, (c) master–slave database replication, or (d) multiple databases to which users can subscribe.

And if you do fulfill the first five, there’s still work to do. You need to be able to express the rules of your application in terms of the transactions which a database allows. You need to be confident about who you can trust as validators and how you’ll define distributed consensus. And finally, if you’re looking at creating a shared ledger, you need to know who will be backing the assets which that ledger represents.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 12:03:19 AM

All, so the idea in progress for the book and accompanying site is this:

The book is designed to help small business be successful. Drawing from Alan's schooling and knowledge in business and as a business consultant for hundreds of businesses that needed help.

The book I am writing is dedicated to assist small business owners, including many women small business owners. The vast majority of small business owners and their employees are struggling today in the face of mounting regulations and high cost of doing business. Many small business owners struggle to meet payroll on a regular bases and skip supporting their own retirement savings. Many employees have not see a pay raise in years. We are committed to help in ways we can to foster better employer/employee relationship and improved ways of doing business. We believe that CRISP For Retirement, and CRISP For Employees Incentive Benefits when offered as a package with interactive support by virtual of a dedicated web site will make a difference. We also plan to engage other groups as part of the resources that are beneficial for small business owners. Any suggestions you may have will be very much appreciated.

The book and the site will be utilized in the upcoming business to help fund and grow this business. We will be exploring both publisher options and self publishing options if we cannot make a favorable deal with a publisher. We have also created a model for a marketing plan in the event we do have to self publish to ensure it is a viable option.

The site will be a membership site designed to compliment the book, likely with different levels of membership. We intend to keep the cost of membership low in the spirit of helping small business and not becoming a burden, and we plan to over-deliver in terms of value to the customer.

The first level of membership will likely include additional content and explore more in depth the concepts within the book via video and articles published on a regular basis. We intend to have articles from Alan directly and approved articles from industry experts. This would also include specific forms, spreadsheets, and materials that would help small businesses, Alan can go into more detail on that than I can.

The second level may include access to a forum, where we can help answer peoples business questions, give them advice and guidance, and also use it as an outlet for vetted consultants to help in various aspects of their business. One of the requirements for being a vetted consulted in the forum would be that they spend some time helping answer questions on the forums.

So this is the rough idea, I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:26:59 AM

All, so the idea in progress for the book and accompanying site is this:

The book is designed to help small business be successful. Drawing from Alan's schooling and knowledge in business and as a business consultant for hundreds of businesses that needed help.

The book and the site will be utilized in the upcoming business to help fund and grow this business. We will be exploring both publisher options and self publishing options if we cannot make a favorable deal with a publisher. We have also created a model for a marketing plan in the event we do have to self publish to ensure it is a viable option.

The site will be a membership site designed to compliment the book, likely with different levels of membership. We intend to keep the cost of membership low in the spirit of helping small business and not becoming a burden, and we plan to over-deliver in terms of value to the customer.

The first level of membership will likely include additional content and explore more in depth the concepts within the book via video and articles published on a regular basis. We intend to have articles from Alan directly and approved articles from industry experts. This would also include specific forms, spreadsheets, and materials that would help small businesses, Alan can go into more detail on that than I can.

The second level may include access to a forum, where we can help answer peoples business questions, give them advice and guidance, and also use it as an outlet for vetted consultants to help in various aspects of their business. One of the requirements for being a vetted consulted in the forum would be that they spend some time helping answer questions on the forums.

So this is the rough idea, I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

Great ideas, it's certainly going to be interesting seeing this all come together.

It's funny you should mention the consultation, literally minutes before I saw this post I added cryptocurrency support and consultation to www.DNotesEDU.com . Coming on here with so many wily industry professionals might seem like a daunting task for new users, because they may be afraid of asking embarrassing beginner questions. With DNotesEDU Support, all questions are kept confidential.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:27:48 PM

From CryptoMoms Forum:

Quote from: Zoe on December 13, 2015, 11:28:29 PM

Hello Cryptomoms.

This is a very nice forum tyou have going on here. I checked out some of the Bitcoin forums and they are disgusting. I've been buying a bit of Bitcoin here and there for over a year but never new what else to buy.

"Say hello everyone" is so other people who don't know what to post can at least say hello.

Quote from: Chase on Today at 03:54:48 AM

Hi Zoe and welcome to CryptoMoms!  This thread is a great idea as I know we have a lot of silent (perhaps shy?) readers.

Thanks for the compliment on the CryptoMoms forum - it is our intention to be friendly and welcoming to everybody.  You must have witnessed some of the "boys behaving badly" on other forums. Grin

Please let us know if we can help you in any way. Smiley

From Shepherd Today:

Welcome to CryptoMoms, Zoe. We understand that not everyone is comfortable in posting, though our membership has been growing rapidly by the day. However, I do encourage our members to introduce themselves and ask questions that may be helpful to them. We are a very dedicated team with good knowledge of technologies and our industry. I am also very knowledgeable in the general business areas. We are here to be of help as much as we can.

Although there is a great deal of confusion with occasional negative news in our industry, the general trend has been very positive. It may take many more years, but this will turn out to be a massive industry with massive job and wealth creation. DNotes is systematically positioning itself to be one of the major players. Get to know us early. There will be many opportunities in the coming years as we continue to expand. Be sure to sign up for one of our CRISP plans at: http://dnotesvault.com/
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: