Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:10:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin. Launched!  (Read 1466398 times)
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 04:42:43 PM

If you'd like to snag some Testnet coins to test that your client is working without mining, you can get 10 coins over at my Testnet Faucet. I originally made this for us over at IRC, but seeing as everyone over there is a testnet millionaire... yeah.. you get the point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1654
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 09:49:17 PM

Looks like the launch will be in 29 hours and a bit. The actual time will be announce in about 9 hours. Stay tuned.

Question for technical people. Would it be a bad idea if I told people to add "addnode=<myip>" to their litecoin.conf file so that they will immediately talk to my client for the genesis block? Would that overwhelm my client and take my client down? Or does bitcoin handle that well?

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:01:57 PM

Looks like the launch will be in 29 hours and a bit. The actual time will be announce in about 9 hours. Stay tuned.

Question for technical people. Would it be a bad idea if I told people to add "addnode=<myip>" to their litecoin.conf file so that they will immediately talk to my client for the genesis block? Would that overwhelm my client and take my client down? Or does bitcoin handle that well?

I swear the launch is on Thursday right !? Please make it as late as possible ! Thank you !
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:03:03 PM

I swear the launch is on Thursday right !? Please make it as late as possible ! Thank you !

I have no control over the launch time. Only the poll does, so go vote.

bulanula

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:03:35 PM

I voted Thursday and so did most other people so why are you saying Wednesday now !?
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:05:26 PM

I voted Thursday and so did most other people so why are you saying Wednesday now !?

Please check your timezone. The last option in the poll is Thursday in GMT but Wednesday in the US. And that's 29 hours away.

bulanula

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:07:32 PM

Please check your timezone. The last option in the poll is Thursday in GMT but Wednesday in the US. And that's 29 hours away.

Yes I am in London so GMT is the time I need. So then it is Thursday my time right !? Please make it in afternoon not at 3AM like SolidCoin !
wannaBhacker

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:09:29 PM

Okay, I have a pool set up for litecoin. Testing on the testnet currently, works just fine. Doesn't work very well right now with 1 share per block. But, it works.

I've tested it inside and out of this networking using the latest miner for tenebrix and using the pushpool fork by artforz for tenebrix. Works like magic. Simple interface, just use a litecoin address to register, and it automatically creates workers like this: yourlitecoinaddress_1:1, yourlitecoinaddress_2:2

I'll start that maybe the day after or something when difficulty increases a little bit.

I'm also working on an exchange. Are there any other exchanges planned? I just wanted it to go from like lc<->btc, lc<->tbx ? None of the fancy charts like on btc-e but would be text based like bitparking.

Are there any other exchanges in the works, or should I push on with this hard? I'd love to be the first and only but if the big players like bitparking and btc-e have exchanges up there is no sense in me competing.
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:14:07 PM

Yes I am in London so GMT is the time I need. So then it is Thursday my time right !? Please make it in afternoon not at 3AM like SolidCoin !

Now you're just being dumb. Why do I even bother responding to you?

bulanula

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:16:43 PM

Why am I being dumb ? I am asking you to release it at a reasonable time so I don't have to stay awake all night then go to work the next day without having slept a minute etc.

Please consider this. Thanks !
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:17:10 PM

By default Satoshi client accepts 125 incoming connections. The flag is "-maxconnections". Then there's kernel per-process limit "getconf OPEN_MAX" which is 1024. That's all if you running Linux. On Windows you'll have to run a Windows Server to accept many incoming connections.

I didn't read you code, I'm assuming you did a competent job modifying it.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:19:35 PM

Why am I being dumb ? I am asking you to release it at a reasonable time so I don't have to stay awake all night then go to work the next day without having slept a minute etc.

Read the first quote above again. I already said that whatever option wins out in the poll will set the time of launch. So why should I make the launch later just for you... especially when you call me a Japanese scammer in your sig?

norulezapply

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:33:14 PM

Read the first quote above again. I already said that whatever option wins out in the poll will set the time of launch. So why should I make the launch later just for you... especially when you call me a Japanese scammer in your sig?

+1.

Bulanula: what happened to "OMG SCAMCOIN!"?

If you're at work, then tough shit. Sucks to be you. 4am is inconvienient for me also.
wannaBhacker

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:16:13 PM

Okay, I have a pool set up for litecoin. Testing on the testnet currently, works just fine. Doesn't work very well right now with 1 share per block. But, it works.

I've tested it inside and out of this networking using the latest miner for tenebrix and using the pushpool fork by artforz for tenebrix. Works like magic. Simple interface, just use a litecoin address to register, and it automatically creates workers like this: yourlitecoinaddress_1:1, yourlitecoinaddress_2:2

I'll start that maybe the day after or something when difficulty increases a little bit.

I'm also working on an exchange. Are there any other exchanges planned? I just wanted it to go from like lc<->btc, lc<->tbx ? None of the fancy charts like on btc-e but would be text based like bitparking.

Are there any other exchanges in the works, or should I push on with this hard? I'd love to be the first and only but if the big players like bitparking and btc-e have exchanges up there is no sense in me competing.

Stop arguing with bananala and have a real discussion. Just ignore the guy... someone put a don't feed the trolls image here.

Are there any exchanges in the works, or should I continue development? I don't really want to spend the time on the code since there are dozens of other exchanges that could added the capabilities much easier than I can.
saethan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:18:16 PM

just a note that isn't mentioned in the unix help file, had to
Code:
sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev
in ubuntu 11.04 to get litecoind to compile (fresh reinstall as of yesterday)

litecoin-qt compiled just fine following the debian instructions(this was before I tried litecoind)

Now to try to get the miner to compile...
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:28:46 PM

Code:

litecoin-qt compiled just fine following the debian instructions(this was before I tried litecoind)

miner should be pretty easy, just get:
automake
libcurl
libcurl-devel

And you should be good.

bulanula

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:29:14 PM

Code:

automake
libcurl
libcurl-devel

And you should be good.

Any news of Intel optimizations !?
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:40:49 PM

Code:

automake
libcurl
libcurl-devel

And you should be good.

Any news of Intel optimizations !?

Try following the first post. Or if you have time read through this (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1925.0) and tell us what you find out.

wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 11:50:37 PM

Someone saying they are going to make an exchange and someone doing it.. always two different things these days Smiley

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
saethan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:55:57 PM

got minerd working for localhost... will have to mess with config so I can have multiple computers connect to litecoind Smiley

I don't suppose there are any -nice- output options for minerd like cgminer has?  cgminer keeps running stats at the top of the screen that lets you know your hash rate, your shares/min, cpu usage, etc, etc... this spammage of 'thread # #.## khash/sec' will annoy me -real- fast, but I like to see some things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: