Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:27:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties are STUPID  (Read 4855 times)
kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:54:03 AM

Most people sell tokens immediately after their listing on the exchange, because there are so many projects whose tokens are not worth keeping in the long term perspective. I agree that if you keep the tokens of good projects in the long term, then you can get more profit, but it is only 30 percent.
fabuloveu

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:59:35 AM

Am sure the only why you say bounties are stupid is because of the way the bounties are dump as soon as the token get into exchange. But we have to look at the good part and benefits bounties also offers to icos, free marketing at no cost to the project. I dont think the problem is the bounties dump rather it is the delivery of the project. if a project is as good as the whitepaper. It will speak for itself and investors will be profitable and happy in the long run.

tranductung3

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:30:24 AM

I hope that the poster is not participating in a signature campaign.  Cry
Marioboro

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:34:25 AM

I think it would be better for bounties to pay in either eth or btc whichever coins they accept as payment for investing in their ico. In this manner, bounty hunters wouldn't have that need to dump it right away once it hit the exchanges making their value less than ico price or even sometimes worthless as sh*t.
phantasod

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:38:21 AM

It is definitely not. They give more money for advertise. It is cheapest way for them and free way for us.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:52:40 AM

I think that was one of the main risk when you trying to build a company with bounty campaign promote, well, now I quite understand why'd sometimes peoples get really long ICO is just to reduce a panic sell after they got their tokens distribution.
akosipepot

Activity: 377
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:08:26 AM

The bounty is not stupid, I think ICO needs a bounty. A good project also needs hype to increase popularity.

I also strongly disagree with the thread title. Bounties are not stupid but in fact are a necessary part. You would want to get as many people of board as possible and that's where bounties come in.
mybtcasset

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:08:37 AM

now the market is at downtrend at this point we all feel everything is not right of course because altcoins lost 80 percent of value in the last few days so all departments of cryoto currencies are efforted
paramelton

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:09:25 AM

Why do you hold such an opinion? They give a pretty reasonable part, imagine if to 3,000 people gave away 2% of Apple, which is a little bit like $20 billion. Almost all 3000 people would be millionaires.
Pamela1966

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 11:17:35 AM

Bounties ain't stupid it's very pivotal to the success of every ICOs in its own way as other advertising strategy does so it's left to individual to decide either to participate or not as the terms and conditions of each projects is clearly stated on their thread
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 11:40:55 AM

What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.
I see from your signature that you are promoting a campaign (less likely you are not into any bounty) yet you think bounties are stupid.... Well from my own point of view i think bounties are helping more thqn they are destructive

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
reynilynedago

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:05:50 PM

I don't think bounties are stupid people are earning well with that too and that depends upon the type of project you are into, the better the projects are the better will be the investments and the returns and find the legit one as investing time in the scams will only think you of bounties are stupid, its a type of marketing and there are lots of people around working for the same and if you are getting the 2% that's not bad the most of the amount are being shared within the chat so according to the token distribution its good you are getting something than not getting anything at all.
ninobtcx (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:10:28 PM

I have read a few intelligent comments. Several dumb or biased comments as well.
I think it is good that this thread got 10 pages of replies as it means this elephant in the room has been brought to the attention of the community. There must be a change of trend or the current state of things will damage not only ICOs (which are already shit anyway, see my other thread), but also bitcointalk.
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:12:22 PM

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.

Dont think like that. Later year really many of them earned from bounties. But now a day most of the ico are scam. Thats why lost of negative feedback abount bounties. If you really want your work for token you should choose best and trusted manger for bounty programs.
Azazana

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:15:10 PM

this is a cheap promotion and the creation of a hype, and cheap is often substandard
lordtprinz

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:17:38 PM

Not all of them are stupid but some might be. Because some of them are scams a decentralized even if the project has awarded the token for the campaign. Some bounty manager may not even want to release it
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:19:47 PM

I think furthermore that in a few months from now bounties will be dead, because it is not effective as an advertising and also it is not effective as an income source, so this is two-sided trash.
milah_ah

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:46:34 PM

But it seems to me that this is a good idea. Developers receive advertising. Many people will learn about the project. This is necessary for the development and growth of the project. It does not look stupid.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 03:54:21 PM

I don’t know why the debate is intense
Investors buy 70% of all tokens available

Bounty people get just merely 2%, I need someone to help explain to me how 2% of tokens causes dump in the market price ?

Investors are the ones destroying the market
Especially the pre sale imvestors
waldocarter

Activity: 378

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:10:31 PM

And I think that the bounty company is an important part of the ICO. Any project when it only grows in need of advertising. And the bounty is advertising, though not always qualitative, but advertising. And if the project collects a hard cap, then it does not cost anything to give 2% of its tokens.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: