Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:21:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties are STUPID  (Read 4855 times)
SolomkA

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:19:41 PM

You're wrong. Bounty is not just the distribution of coins.
This is the popularization of the project, including among the bounty hunters.
To whom do you sell your coins without  bounty compaign? Who even knows about your project or its product? No one.
Without a good bounty compaign, coin cant be successful.
evilsign

Activity: 280
Merit: 60

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:23:39 PM

I strongly agree. What I see in an ICO group, almost all of them, they (bounty hunters) always ask questions like: when is the exchange? when is the distribution? what is the ICO price? Etc.
They are of course because they want to immediately sell the tokens they have got, no matter what the ICO looks like or how good the project is. All they know is getting and then selling it immediately. But actually sometimes it can be used by ICO investors who want to get cheap tokens, but I think very little has happened. It could be said that a gold would not be of great value if it was in the hands of a bounty hunter.
RecklessSerenade

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:41:11 PM

What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.
I am pretty sure that those bounties are a good amount of income to a lot of people, a big part of them even make bounties for living, they also help promote a project with low budget.
pistachefreak

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:45:38 PM

what makes you think that bounties participants are not investors? many spend time and effort in making comments, it is true that many comments are spam or are empty opinions, but it is up to managers to put the right rules and monitor compliance, bounties are the best marketing tool that the ICOs has.
Vineeta2oct

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:47:29 PM

Bounties may look stupid but they are not. ICOs only distribute 2% of tokens and for that, they get thousands of people doing marketing for them daily on their social media for the duration of whole bounty.

Its true that they'll most likely flip the coins/tokens at the first opportunity they get but it can be avoided if the tokens are locked for sometime so that they can't flip it but there is no easy alternative of bounty unless the ICO is ready to spend millions on the advertisment of their project.
vina.lugtu

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:49:14 PM

I don't see any problems with bounty hunters selling their coin by the time they receive it. They worked for it and they have the right to do whatever they want on their coin. Only 2% of the total supply was allocated to bounties and it shouldn't make that much difference on price. How sure are you that its the bounty hunters selling their coin? What if its the investors who already given up on the coin and wants to move on to the next investment?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
wel24

Activity: 275
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:00:54 PM

There is no problem with bounty or i dont see any problem with that at all.Bounty has a big factor for a project especially it helps to build a strong and wide community.Bounty will help the project to spread by all bounty participants by promoting it on facebook,twitter,linkedin,Instagram,medium and etc.That way many people will recognize the particular project.
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:07:29 PM

I am pretty aware of the fact that this "shouting' name of the thread was created specially for making people furious))
My only advice to the author, if you think ICO and bounties are stupid, don't participate in them. You can invest your money in BTC, and live happily ever after.
Why bother posting about such stupid things?
You were talking about hero and legendary accounts wth low quality posts. So you are welcome to become an example of your own, cause being a senior member and creating similar to a dozen other threads can also be considered as a low quality forum behaviour

munikau

Activity: 127
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:10:11 PM

Indeed, there are many projects that do not respect the bounty campaign participants by giving very little funding, even though the bounty campaign is the best promotional tool for many people because it is related to social media as well, hopefully project developers can think about it

▼ DarkPayCoin - ﹝HIGH ROI, low supply﹞
[100% community governed and built] (https://darkpaycoin.io/)
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 11:42:10 PM

2% may be huge, but it is small compared to the entirety of the allocation. Majority of the allocation is given to the project team and the investors. This allocation is locked for at least two years as a security for price and value. Now let's say that all of the 2% allocated to bounties are actually sold/dumped immediately upon acquisition, yes value will be lowered but most likely not that significant because majority of the tokens are still in the possession of the project team and investors.

TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:50:21 PM

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.
because you don't have coins then you can't understand how much bounty hunter contributes to coin sales, I'm sure the developers are experts who if that gift is in vain they know it, but they still give the bounty hunters coins because they are aware the importance of promotion
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:51:09 PM

I think the reason why projects are launching bounty campaigns to help them promote the project? as we know ICO projects doesn't have enough capital that's why they are doing the crowdfunding in the first place so Bounty campaign is really convenient for them. Yeah 2% is pretty huge and can really affect the price of the token if the bounty hunters dumped but the promotion that the bounty provided lead the project to its success so i think it is acceptable.

MasterObsheniya02

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:53:14 PM

I believe that bounty companies help projects to find investors, yet the signature and content companies bring profit to the project and learn about it
Gyromancer

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 11:58:31 PM

In my opinion, the existence of a bounty campaign is a good decision. This is one of the strategies in marketing and promotion of the crypto coins. If there is no bounty campaign, marketing of coins will not reach the expanding network. With the existence of a bounty campaign, the promotion of crypto currency coins from the ICO can be done up to various media. Certainly more and more investors are coming. The purpose of the bounty campaign is, in my opinion, to introduce the crypto-like coins so that they can get many investors. So bounty campaigns are not stupid and indeed useful for those who are looking for fortune for free in crypto currencies.

Bhosted

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:16:58 AM

Bounty campaign is still a great way to earn money. I think that now is better not to quit this occupation, because the near future is a lot of prospects. I believe the market will pump.
Cuneng10

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:39:00 AM

I think he same thing, some of them is spam. as we see in signature campaign rank higher like legendary,their post not good enough
sergiokkl

Activity: 258

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 12:39:08 AM

The question then is how do you get cheap labor to spread the word regarding your product?  I don't think for the measly bounty amounts people get your going to get Mark Twain type of writing skills and quality.  I think a lot of the time the projects are expecting world class content for pennies on the dollar.  

If the project is good, it will get good reviews from ICO trackers.

No people will ever invest serious money in anything shilled in signature campaigns.

Also the usual 2% bounties distribution is actually often a lot of money.. would cost much less to pay some popular bloggers to write some review.

Bounty campaigns give NO VALUE, at the expenses of ICO participants.

I now hate ICOs as I said in my thread, but even if I had to ever consider investing in one, I would not put a penny in it if the word "bounties" is in any chart.

Don't just look for the ratints, do your own research whether the project is good or shit. Then 2% is a big amount of money and just get less because of our current situation. All market currencies under go dump season. Even btc and eth affected

cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:48:50 AM

What's the problem with that? Atleast bounty hunters are helping ico to promote them here in bitcointalk which is a good idea and thats their choice if they will sell it.

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:50:19 AM

It's the price to be paid for wearing a signature or avatar or retweeting something.  Many people do sell their tokens but for some people this is a way to get into crypto without having to spend any cash.  This is why some bounties have requirements like X number of twitter followers or a particular status on a forum.  The coin developer gets the word spread and more people find out about the coin this way.  I've found plenty of hidden gems through other peoples twitter posts.
Ardavan2150

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:50:26 AM

I kinda agree with tour point but I would not go that far. The concept of bounties are just designed for advertising. They have to do it for the sake of getting the word out.
I like the way Aeternum handled their bounty. They rewarded all the bounty participants even before releasing the tokens to ICO participants. This resulted in a frenzy over the exchange where everybody wanted to sell for 1/10th of the ICO price, after this was over, all the tokens were released and everything went back to normal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: