Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:22:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties are STUPID  (Read 4848 times)
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 12:56:25 AM

The question then is how do you get cheap labor to spread the word regarding your product?  I don't think for the measly bounty amounts people get your going to get Mark Twain type of writing skills and quality.  I think a lot of the time the projects are expecting world class content for pennies on the dollar.  

If the project is good, it will get good reviews from ICO trackers.

No people will ever invest serious money in anything shilled in signature campaigns.

Also the usual 2% bounties distribution is actually often a lot of money.. would cost much less to pay some popular bloggers to write some review.

Bounty campaigns give NO VALUE, at the expenses of ICO participants.

I now hate ICOs as I said in my thread, but even if I had to ever consider investing in one, I would not put a penny in it if the word "bounties" is in any chart.
yes, you have a strong reason. even when some participants who aim only to take big profits without maximum work, but are still rewarded by the bounty campaign.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ompoetra

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:05:33 AM

Tips and tricks that I use in following a bounty program
a. Read the terms and regulations is the most important thing so that the time spent is not in vain because it violates the rules and does not get rewards.
b. Always update the development of Coins / Tokens to be selected, so as not to choose the bounty program incorrectly.
c. Choose the right bounty by looking at the ecosystem, the developer, the project, the advisor and thank you for understanding the whitepaper. If you are sure of the company, 'be busy' there or totality by following all the bounties.
d. often interact in the forum or telegram group to find out the updates and the latest info from the developer.
e. Don't hesitate to always ask if you don't understand
xysheeh03

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:13:17 AM

The 2% is the total allocation to the bounty program they propose, sometimes its just 1% but i think it is ok for the bounty hunters  as long as they will receive payment. What is the use of a larger allocation for bounty program if the bounty campaign is unsuccessful? So in this case, we need to be choosy in joining bounty.
marksayson

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 01:28:31 AM

It is by default if the bounty manager is careless enough to examine of some users that do multiple accounts at a time. And a little explanation, the bounty hunters are not the main reason behind the dump price of the token, it is the whale investors that is dumping.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:33:47 AM

What's the problem with that? Atleast bounty hunters are helping ico to promote them here in bitcointalk which is a good idea and thats their choice if they will sell it.
Exactly, most of the success ICO’s is just a result of doing good in the marketing side and I think bounties are very effective, not just here in BTT but also in social sites. Bounty hunters may drop their token, for me its ok because they deserve it as a fruit of their work and the company can’t do anything about it but to improve more their technology so they can survive even the huters dump the price.
apirmalakas

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:52:18 AM

I think it would be better if bounties pay differently so as to avoid dumping of their token. Also, why are you guys expecting work with great quality of you are not even willing to pay for it. I think that if you are to commensurate them properly, work quality of bounty hunters will increase since it is proven that people get to perform positively with proper pay and motivation.
JQCrypto

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:23:08 AM

What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.
You and I, and many others realize that...
But many still join Bounties & hope to get rich from such the project.

Objectively, bountiers are spamming everywhere, Facebook, Twitter.... and even in this forum to get reward
YGRJ

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:02:38 AM

this is an advertising strategy
this forum got more than a million members
is jus 1% of  members interest in this project
already got 1k++ people

iLink2Music.co     ●     PRE-ICO LIVE     ●     J O I N   U S
|   THE POWER TO SHARE & CONNECT GLOBAL MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT   |
tondenga2122

Activity: 490
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:06:24 AM

Sometimes the investor knows the good project through the signature and other social media post.
This is why bounty hunter is a good part of some project. They made the community bigger and more active.
Tiger Baseball

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:20:12 AM

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.

I think you will never be able to make an ICO or a project, and you will be hateful towards the bounty participants, in your opinion they are useless, even though they help market the ICO and attract investors to join the ICO.
But that's your opinion, even if you hold some kind of ICO, they will think twice about helping you.
punkisthegatetowatergate

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:20:58 AM

Bounties exists because this forum exists.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:26:56 AM

But the question is... can you provide a real currency or bitcoin to pay all the efforts and works of those bounty hunters? Cause you need a man power to endorse your ICO or tokens, well it's always depend on the scenario if you provide a good payment for them.

Facing the fact that, those bounty hunters don't want your newly alternative coin ( altcoin )...they want a real money, a existing money not a promising token.
jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:28:19 AM

maybe your opinion is correct now that many ICOs have sprung up and many projects that contain fraud now are very difficult to find reliable and profitable ICOs to make investments
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:29:21 AM

Bounties exists because this forum exists.
Most of the project start on this forum way back July 2011, if I'm not mistaken. This website is a community of bitcoin users, clearly said that not only bounty hunter but also investors, project creators, dreamers and many more. So expect that this one is still existed for such a long time.

Visit this link to know more ( https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BitcoinTalk )
mommysean

Activity: 201

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:19:23 AM

I don't think so.
bounty still a good way to earn some money.
and it helps to promote the project too.
i think 1% or 2% token distribution is an advertising strategy.
many bounty hunters get bigger money if they join in good bounty project.
selectorcrypto

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:58:10 PM

A project will not succeed without the help of a bounty. Bounty has an important role in an ICO project. Their task is not easy. And if they throw coins after they get it, that is their business. They have worked hard and they can enjoy the results.
chandra12

Activity: 176
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:00:27 PM

You might be proper. bounty searcher are usually ridiculous yet myself i do believe the encouraging venture will never be afflicted with the particular eliminate due to bounty searcher and so the pin the consequence on is indeed high.
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:02:25 PM

That's good publicity. With the help of bounty, a big information noise is created in social networks, which attracts investors for the ico. It's not generosity - it's competent marketing.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
BrittanyHorne

Activity: 144

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:06:21 PM

No. The bounty is very useful for us. Actually, it is a great opportunity to make free money. It is very interesting and a very good way to earn money. Personally, I have made massive profits from did bounties. My idea is bounty is very helpful for peoples. Actually, it helps well for the peoples. But at the current, this thing is not good because there are so many scam bounties. Whatever, the bounty is a great opportunity to earn money.
lee cooper

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:09:46 PM

The forum exists because the community is increasing, the gift is because there are ICOs and bounties because there are ICO programs. So this activity is interconnected, and the forum provides an opportunity for the community to be able to provide ideas and suggestions to be more alive and useful, but this has led to a lot of fraud and lack of responsibility, this is a forum. So the bounty is there and trying to increase
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: