Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:02:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties are STUPID  (Read 4848 times)
Pump N Dead

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:57:46 PM

What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.
If they can afford to pay mainstream media they don't need bounty hunters. Guess what, they won't do it because it is more cheaper to give reward using bounty campaign and it directly target the right people in the business.
vossybiglady

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 05:00:41 PM

Sounds like the original poster got caught up in the ICO thrashing and lost his ass and is now bitter.  The ICO's went from a good idea to a bad one real quick.  I assume if the market ever takes off again the ICO's will become profitable again along with mining.  I think this may be a temporary glitch in the system as the manipulators shake the tree. 

RATEONIUM           
GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM Gothic
Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:02:02 PM

I don't think you understand the meaning of bounty. This is an advertising company aimed at creating noise around the project, it is not just good - it is necessary for every ico. IMHO
jrrhnjco

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:03:41 PM

The vast majority offer tokens quickly after their posting on the trade, in light of the fact that there are such a significant number of activities whose tokens are not worth keeping in the long haul point of view. I concur that on the off chance that you keep the tokens of good undertakings in the long haul, at that point you can get more benefit, however it is just 30 percent.
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:05:50 PM

I don't think you understand the meaning of bounty. This is an advertising company aimed at creating noise around the project, it is not just good - it is necessary for every ico. IMHO

True words . Actually bounty funds can stand for Marketing . People create Articles , videos , tweet , retweet and so on . Thats how projects reach audience . Ofcourse there is people with Twitter , youtube fake followers , but thats the bounty managers job to check them .
goodman4hire

Activity: 291

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 05:09:10 PM

The problem with no bounties is very small project will be out of luck as they will have no funds.  Do you suggest they go to the bank and take out a loan and pay interest?  They would surely fail.  The only reason the bounties are still here is because both sides realize the benefit. 

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
DamilolaB

Activity: 313
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:09:34 PM

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.

I believe that is your own point of view about bounties. ICO team that allocate certain percentage to bounties knows what they are doing. You might not know the significance of bounties but it help in promoting ICOs and that is why most ICOs incorporate bounties into their plan.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:11:39 PM

If you hate ICO and bounty then leave it, never join them.
Bounties are meant for advertisement to reach the investors all over the world.
This is  how cryptocurrency works in the community.
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:15:07 PM

Bounty is not stupid, and the bounty mission is a way for investors who invest in ICO to promote their projects.
Bounties are not stupid because they can bring awareness for buyers everywhere in the world that want o invest in the new payment system.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
kasurnya

Activity: 152

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:24:36 PM

lol, you think where else they can get promoters who work really well with uncertain fees, make blogging, articles, youtube, I think 2% for ICOs is very appropriate, with the dedication and hard work they do.
nb: I also hate greedy participants, using multiple accounts....
Okkured

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:33:43 PM

The question then is how do you get cheap labor to spread the word regarding your product?  I don't think for the measly bounty amounts people get your going to get Mark Twain type of writing skills and quality.  I think a lot of the time the projects are expecting world class content for pennies on the dollar.  
Yeah you are right Dude, Bounty is the cheapest way to spread projects around the world, and if the project is unsucces, the team must not pay the hunter, it means the hunters will.get the tokens but not real.money
dawai asmara

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:36:23 PM

True words . Actually bounty funds can stand for Marketing . People create Articles , videos , tweet , retweet and so on . Thats how projects reach audience . Ofcourse there is people with Twitter , youtube fake followers , but thats the bounty managers job to check them .
Bounty is a very good advertising method because it does not require initial fees. many projects have been successful through the Bounty program.
focus on their respective roles, because in Bounty there are teams that have their own roles. so I also don't think that Bounty is stupid. Bounty is needed for companies, especially new companies.
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:39:07 PM

How would you not be right, but do you really think so? I believe that now the right decision will be to create a platform for the full verification of developers who will be able to give investors and bounty hunters hope for correct and honest actions.
adefirman98

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:53:06 PM

not all bounties as you think, with the existence of a bounty there are ICOs that achieve success even though only a small part of the ICO. and many successful bounty hunters benefit from what they do.
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:56:46 PM

You got best signature ever  Wink
Also topic of your post is provocative. But, I´m not really sure that stupid, it works, how strange it doesn´t sound.

Bounty hunters do easy job, and it pays. More investors buy coins. But, IMHO - bountie will die soon. 
De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:57:30 PM

It seems to me that the bounty campaigns are very helpful in the PR companies of the project so almost everyone uses this opportunity
theyRmose

Activity: 128

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:58:55 PM

You are trying to provoke, well if you say it is stupid, why don't you just go from here.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:01:41 PM

I don't totally agree with this post. some bounties are very reputable and they are good, the only thing is that most hunters are making them look stupid.
bobbyjonathan

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:04:01 PM

That 2percent may be a big quatity of money in some cases so the rewards are greater, though I think the bounty system could improve a bit more, it is still an scheme that works.
adeleke15

Activity: 64

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 06:05:14 PM

The question then is how do you get cheap labor to spread the word regarding your product?  I don't think for the measly bounty amounts people get your going to get Mark Twain type of writing skills and quality.  I think a lot of the time the projects are expecting world class content for pennies on the dollar.  
my feel is you are not just being there labour, you are helping yourself at the same time. so people don't just wake up one morning and decide to write an article, they need to be motivated to do so, guess this is there own kind of motivation  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: