Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:59:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties are STUPID  (Read 4848 times)
nangiarushali
Copper Member

Activity: 257
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 06:58:26 PM

Completely wrong statement. The worth of bounties can only be judged by someone who needs money and is ready to sacrifice anything for that . Taking out precious time for the bounties is not the work of rich and busy people.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:59:07 PM

What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.

I am surprised at your incompetence. Do you know how much advertising costs? Did you do an analysis of the advertising market? Yes, there are problems with efficiency. But the rules are becoming better.

I do not understand such people with such a view of life. If you take a coin for 0, then the hunter makes advertising for 0. And there are 100, 1000, 5000 such hunters. This is a large generation of information that perfectly promotes the project and makes it more famous. And the price is not 2% promotion, but 0 (since not all projects pay)

Pline

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:59:31 PM

WITHOUT BOUNTIES THERE IS NO PROJECT AWARENESS. For projects with restricted marketing budget it is the only way to get PR and get investors, build community for low price. that's why I believe in bounties and participate in this activity. Sometimes actions are stupid, but I have working approach
anders2000

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:00:49 PM

Participation in the bounty does not bring much profit now. Most people are very upset about this fact. I am sure that bounty will be profitable at the time when the market goes up.

Samkol26

Activity: 532

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 07:21:24 PM

I don't know why people blame bounty hunters for selling their earned coin its a choice.  In my own opinion they only way to stop hunters selling from affecting a project is if they stop paying the in the project coin. Let them be paid with ETH or other mainstream then it won't affect the project even if the sell off.

kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:31:45 PM

Bounties are not stupid but i think Bounty manager Can eliminate multi accounts and Bots for social media in a Simple way: Making mandatory that shares and post should receive a min amount of likes\shares
I often see in the tables on the bounty that people even have their nicknames of accounts almost the same: Aleksandr1 Aleksandr234 Aleksandr321 and they are all on the bounty and registered with a time difference of 1 day. and they are all allowed to participate...
Very suspicious and the bounty manager should be able to investigate so that there is no fraud using multiple accounts to participate in a project bounty, therefore many projects are now implementing KYC verification to minimize fraud in participating in the bounty project.

It is still few of the bounty campaign are implementing KYC, instead majority of the project are also still no for KYC.
Sometimes there are some project bounty requiring KYC but we don't know if they are going to use our personal data information in some illegal activities. Meaning there is still risk on giving our personal documents on this matter anyway. Just for me whether the bounty has KYC or not
they are both still giving profit once the campaign become successful at the end of their project.
Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 07:41:54 PM

And you no what someone like you will never make a close to owning one because you seems hating on others earning more than you do as a result of being lazy.
Is just like complaining of and investor investing more than 10 eth in a project where stated that maximum amount should be 10 eth using more than a account for that, I'm sure you will never complain that because he own the money. Hun? That only shows how fool poor people be on themselves.

If you can apply for 10 account why not as soon as you follow what is meant to be done and no looping of account. Let be sincere and stop hating

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
jackflag

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:01:43 PM

In general, the starter topic is right, bounty does not make enough good advertising, because friends in bounty hunters in social networks are all the same bounty hunters,
in YouTube bots, the forum is full of multi-accounts. However, it is free, and all alternatives to this are paid. And this is enough to attract investors, at least it was so before.
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:02:04 PM

It is not true if the project understands how properly manage the bounty payments .
Bounty payments should be paid after the token has been listed because this generates buy orders which will absorb the bounty tokens.
In order this to happen bounty should be paid few months after investors have had their tokens.

if these criteria are met then the bounty is not stupid not kick in a nuts for other participants.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:07:55 PM

In general, the starter topic is right, bounty does not make enough good advertising, because friends in bounty hunters in social networks are all the same bounty hunters,
in YouTube bots, the forum is full of multi-accounts. However, it is free, and all alternatives to this are paid. And this is enough to attract investors, at least it was so before.

Yet you take part in the bounty, and say that you have nothing to do? It is interesting how much time you spend on projects. You just do not know the price of advertising that's all. Many projects simply do not have such funding. A couple they can not even issue WP worthy.
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:29:38 PM

I agree in part. But there are a few "but". The first is that bounty advertising is necessary to create noise around the project, and the dump comes from bounty hunters only once and if the project is worthwhile, then you can suffer and unload bounty hunters once))

Bounty hunters are the same project investors as the people who invest their money. Only bounty hunters invest their personal time on project advertising.
Stupid people who sell tokens below the price of ICO are among both bounty hunters and investors who bought tokens in the early stages of sales with big bonuses.

kissme09

Activity: 658

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:32:43 PM

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.
It's possible that the quality of postings for bounties is very low but everything is acceptable. Developers do not care how it works, and they care about what they achieve through bounties.  ICOs projects that creating bounties will help promote their projects closer to the investor and they accept tokens as a reward.

Alohadance

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:41:55 PM

I think you are wrong. Some bounties have very strict rules. So in these campaigns participate good quality bounty hunters which can really promote ICO. Also project needs hype and bounty hunters can make it easily for 2% of total supply.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:48:54 PM

If people know how much is given as bonus for most projects, they will understand what dumps the price. The bounty dump is just over hyped and it is quite minimal and less effective.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:01:41 PM

Yes, you may talk about less quality posts on bitcointalk by a lot of bounty hunters but the fact remains the influence of bounty hunters on a particular ICO project cannot be overemphasized because bounty hunters gives popularity to ICO project.

cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:13:19 PM

The question then is how do you get cheap labor to spread the word regarding your product?  I don't think for the measly bounty amounts people get your going to get Mark Twain type of writing skills and quality.  I think a lot of the time the projects are expecting world class content for pennies on the dollar.  

If the project is good, it will get good reviews from ICO trackers.

No people will ever invest serious money in anything shilled in signature campaigns.

Also the usual 2% bounties distribution is actually often a lot of money.. would cost much less to pay some popular bloggers to write some review.

Bounty campaigns give NO VALUE, at the expenses of ICO participants.

I now hate ICOs as I said in my thread, but even if I had to ever consider investing in one, I would not put a penny in it if the word "bounties" is in any chart.

In your viewpoint bounty campaigns do no represent any value, but why are you participating in them for God sake.
If I do not like something and it has no sense I would never take part in events with no sense.

Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:45:51 PM

I think bounty is very important. This helps the token to become more decentralized and popular. If the project cannot cope with the sale of bounty hunters tokens, then the project has low liquidity and when investors start selling their tokens, the price may fall much stronger. It is also important to make a quality bounty that will benefit the project.
Ionzar

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:28:40 AM

I have always argued that the participation and development of bounty programs is crucial for the successful development of the crypto market. For me personally, this area has become an opportunity to consistently receive additional income. I am sure that bounty is also of great importance for the advertising and success of many ICOs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36]
  Print  

Jump to: