May 04, 2024, 12:17:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009205 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
atronite

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:47:14 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 10:57:59 PM by atronite

Billioncoin, or mibbit? You can integrate mibbit IRC chat for free on any website you want.

mibbit is closed source.
Integrating for free is one thing. The license is another.

Cheers,
Ray

I guess you can take a look at chatcoin then. I think it's great, and it might be what you're looking for then.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675803.0

Basically, in order to say something in chatcoin, you have to pay a nominal amount of the chatcoin per post.

Which gives me an idea. As a perk for being a knight, you get your wallet address encoded into the wallet chat code, so that whenever someone chats, 100 Zeit is given to a Zeit Knight's wallet from the chat user's wallet. Who gets the Zeit depends on the order of the post. So lets say we have 10 members on the Zeit Knights, every 10th chat posting, a ZeitKnight would get 100 Zeit. Since all you have to do is have 100m Zeit to be a member, it would provide incentive for enthusiastic community members to buy up Zeitcoins so they can be included as well.

Now obviously you don't HAVE to use the chat, but you would at least be able to monitor what's going on. Plus it gives you, the developer, a central platform to communicate important announcements like mandatory wallet updates and so forth. Also, I call it a perk because unless chatting on Zeitcoin wallet becomes popular, members won't be getting THAT much income from the Zeit chat. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:06:03 AM

ray - pls have a look at the sativacoin wallet  Smiley

i can't find anything about it in the thread tho Huh
                                                         https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=791266.0

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
atronite

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:25:06 AM

This might be great if you want to send an individual message, or if you want a "mailing list" of addresses for those who wish to receive updates and news. A bulk mail option would be great. But we still need a centralized chat room in the wallet to help the community better. This would differentiate us a LOT from most of the coins out there and help with organizing things, promoting projects that are saving the world, etc.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:31:53 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 06:48:46 AM by kiklo

It looks like they are embedding encrypted messages in the block chain.
There is a lot of Potential with the blockchains, will be worth more than the coins in the future.

A separate chat feature is cool , but encrypted messages in the block chain could cause some legal issues , none of us are ready to deal with.

Example : Someone sends classified or copyrighted info in an encrypted message , key becomes public and Our coin just became the number 1 target for copyright Lawyers or the feds. With that Judges can order exchanges to stop working with our coin.

Recommend that type of messaging not be added to the ZeitCoin Wallet , but normal chat rooms outside of the blockchain would not have any of those issues.

Cool

FYI:
Those anon features should be done in separate software , like dark wallet does for bitcoin.
We should never have the anon features in the Zeit Wallet.

atronite

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:45:32 AM

It looks like they are embedding encrypted messages in the block chain.
There is a lot of Potential with the blockchains, will be worth more than the coins in the future.

A separate chat feature is cool , but encrypted messages in the block chain could cause some legal issues , none of us are ready to deal with , Yet.

Example : Someone sends classified or Copyrighted info in an encrypted message , key becomes public and Our coin just became the number 1 target for copyright Lawyers or the feds.

Recommend that type of messaging be held off for now, but normal chat outside of the blockchain would not have any of those issues.

Cool

If ONLY we could get that kind of publicity. lol. I'm not sure who they would target tho, outside the people who abuse the technology. I mean people send classified info and copyrighted stuff over email, but the email provider doesn't get targeted, you know? They are simply made to cooperate.

Also, they have yet to target darkcoin directly. Those are the ones to watch.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:05:32 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 07:19:22 AM by kiklo

If ONLY we could get that kind of publicity. lol. I'm not sure who they would target tho, outside the people who abuse the technology. I mean people send classified info and copyrighted stuff over email, but the email provider doesn't get targeted, you know? They are simply made to cooperate.

The only thing our coin really needs is a working zeit economy, some other features will be neat , but the coin already has the main essentials. Stabilizing the Market , Android Wallet and then getting the zeit economy thriving , is the coming challenges in 2015.

Cool

FYI:
Some Email providers have their servers seized.
http://www.wired.com/2012/04/fbi-seizes-server/
Imagine if they seized the servers from an exchange, the other exchanges would drop our coin immediately.
Any Anon Features will have to be done in a separate software like dark wallet not directly connected to our community.

2nd FYI:
They have probably hacked darkcoin protocol and can tell where it is going.
Like Tor was supposed to keep stuff hidden.
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/11762/20140804/tor-target-of-hack-anonymity-seal-broken.htm

3rd FYI:
We Tech types enjoy cool features but the people of the world are not going to care about any of it until they can buy food , gas, & electricity with Zeitcoins. In 2015 , we start with food after the gaming is setup.  Wink

Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1319
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:52:20 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 09:07:30 AM by Rent_a_Ray

I've figured out some wallets using xchat.
Do you really think such a chat is a good idea?

I mean I will do what the community wants - but messaging feels more serious to me.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Ray
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:34:45 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 07:00:35 AM by kiklo

I've figured out some wallets using xchat.
Do you really think such a chat is a good idea?

I mean I will do what the community wants - but messaging feels more serious to me.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Ray
My 2 zeit, as long as the chat is not part of the blockchain it avoids the other issues.
xchat looks like it would not be part of the blockchain.

Final concern would be, could it cause any security issues to be concerned about.
Can we be sure once the chat code is added the wallet can not be hacked thru the chat feature?

Cool
FYI:
Ray has already setup a very nice system on the zeit web site (https://forum.zeit-coin.net/) that can be used to communicate with each other but is hardly used. Personally I would rather see a link to the zeit forums on the zeit website in the wallet, than an extra chat, we are not even using the primary forums yet.
By doing it this way we can update the wallet & forum communications independently of each other and no extra issues to worry about.
Plus if bitcointalk goes down, we can immediately use the forums on the web site for vital communications.
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:18:25 PM

Hi,

I believe a coin is only a means to an end.
It's the ecosystem around which makes a coin usable.
Maybe it's cool to have all the features, but that's only a technical component.

People shouldn't say: "I have zeit, what can I do with it?"
It should sounds like this: "Wow, what a cool Store, Charity etc... I NEED Zeit for that."

Another idea: Why not coming together with other coins?

As an example:
Einsteinium, ZEIT & Mint will form the Good Coin Alliance.
Every Project of the GCA accepts EMC, ZEIT and MINT. We need no Supernet, we need more friendships between trusted Altcoins.
There are too many coins around -> The winner are Exchanges.

GCA Community could create a Multiwallet. Without any FIAT/BTC Gateway. People should be able to pay something directly with a GCA Coin.

Another example:
I would offer an Logo/Webdesign/Music/CGI service. The one and only way to get my work: Pay with ZEIT. Not with BTC, no LTC.
That's the whole trick: ZEIT must becomes a meaning.

Last example:
Charity organization spend button. With one click you could help - I will change it to FIAT and send it to the relevant location.
It's so easy, you need no bank transfer anymore -> you have a service for that: You can help with the triviality of a click.
Well, perhaps you're thinking: OK, good idea (for Ray) to get rich - but there are several ways to confirm.

Zeitcoin wallet can be the job of 2 people.
Zeitcoin ecosystem has to be the job of us all. Everyone can be a part of it - without any special knowledge.

My 100 cents,

Cheers,
Ray
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 07:34:47 PM

Hello folks, I am liking the effort being made to bring Zeit into mainstream and I hope I can help with that.

Since you mentioned a potential alliance with EMC2, I'll share a bit of info with you's all. When my store is up n running, EMC2 will be accepted as payment ... and so will Zeit, I hope. Was thinking to take BTC and others but it doesn't quite push the message I want and not expecting to make a lot of money at 1st so would rather score some brownie points for being stubborn  Grin

EMC2 has some serious potential with the science niche and fits into my love of science, while Zeit was always meant to be widely distributed and being an accountant, I am rather deep into Zeitgeist philosophy since I can actually see stuff going on.

There was a time I was a tad sceptical about future of Zeit .. did lose a ton of money on it, some in the mining pool that never paid out and some stolen by Mintpal and Craptsy and CoinEx .. but kept buying. And now PoS coins are all the rage ... with this spanking new wallet being so much faster than old one, it will be easier to attract new folks while price is still low.

Also .. we need a pool .. multi algo, I only have X11 cards left.  Wink

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
atronite

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:55:50 PM

People shouldn't say: "I have zeit, what can I do with it?"
It should sounds like this: "Wow, what a cool Store, Charity etc... I NEED Zeit for that."

Exactly, the problem is that Zeit needs to be exclusively accepted, or there needs to be some sort of promotion that encourages people to exchange their bitcoins and litcoins for zeit to make the purchase. It really comes down the marketing. =/

And you are right that a coin is only a means to an end, it's the ecosystem that matters. Blood gives life to an organism, but without the body of the organism the blood is useless.

The purpose of the chat feature, however, is to bring all users of zeitcoin into a central location. Not everyone communicates via bitcointalk, and even fewer people use the forums (having a direct link to the forums on the wallet is a GREAT idea by the way, as long as the forum is kept up). However, everyone uses the wallet, and we all have the wallet in common. The Zeitcoin forums and bitcoin forums can go down, but as long as the wallet exists, we would ALWAYS have a means to talk to each other.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:26:36 PM

I've been test-staking a few thousand of these puppies since 11/3 of this year and have yet to receive anything.  Is this typical for Zeitcoin?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:24:24 PM

I've been test-staking a few thousand of these puppies since 11/3 of this year and have yet to receive anything.  Is this typical for Zeitcoin?

The coins mint every 20 days, so if you are saying that you purchased a few thousand on 11/3 then you likely won't see anything mint until 11/23 at the earliest.

brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:27:14 PM

Great job - I downloaded the latest wallet and the coins are staking again. It's pretty fast with the download of the block chain.
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:30:52 PM

so its required to redownload the blockchain for this update? also love the idea of aligning with other coins. supernet and blocknet are doing something similiar. obviously i want zeit to have its own niche in the cryptoverse as well.
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:35:05 PM

Yes, you need to download/sync the chain, sorry.
Index structure has been changed.

More information you'll find here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487814.msg9551752#msg9551752

There is no need to update to 2.0.1.3.
In January 2015 there will be a Mandatory.

Seems there is an issue after block 1051201 (threshold 25%->20%):
Quote from: Github (bee7)
The PoS blocks since block #1051200 would be rejected by the network as GetProofOfWorkReward is called with different nHeight argument value for the same block in CreateCoinStake and ConnectInputs functions.

I did not checked it, yet, but it's the next point on my to-do list.

Cheers,
Ray
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:45:53 PM

For Anyone downloading ZeitCoin Ver 2.0.1.3 and you don't want to wait for the Blockchain to download from the beginning.

https://mega.co.nz/#!LdRy0LCA!wP0P6Xoq3bcLtgQrY4jg_tjXLaORcugjG2nO0Ra-BDo
or
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a3l0akth7dpoeg/ZeitCoin-Blockchain.zip?dl=0

Make sure Zeitcoin is closed

Then Unpack and copy & replace the files from Zeitcoin-Blockchain into C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin

Then open Zeitcoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the 11-17-2014 instead of the start.
 Cool

FYI:
If you need the peers.dat
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0vkd42840abcfi/Zeitcoin-Peers.zip?dl=0

New Wallet is really Fast, Thanks Ray.
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:42:20 PM

It's taken me until now to update all 3 wallets because I was in a heavy staking phase & wanted it settled before playing. 154 million now.

The new wallet looks really kewl & works as advertised Wink Well done Ray. LOVE the idea of having the explorer in the wallet too!

Even though I haven't posted in a while, I've been keeping up with the banter. Some great ideas being kicked around. Zeitcoin is in good hands, I think.

I've been spending most of my time over on CoinBlab, doing my bit (sic) for a kinda-revolutionary project some may have heard of, IconicExperts' "ByteCent". Could be a real game-changer, it's pure CPU solo-mining (even my ratty old Core2Duo is mining acceptably!) with no botnets or farms allowed due to 'Proof of Miner' (The more coins you have in your wallet, the longer you can mine without entering a captcha.) It's early days but it's already looking like being a real winner, if for no other reason than it's designed to be as easy as possible for a crypto-noob to get started. Ooh, nearly forgot - you can mine BYC on your CPU while still mining with your GPU, (I'm still mining Blake-256) so it's more efficient use of your rigs as a bonus Cheesy

If I cashed out now, I'd be maybe just under a bitcoin up (in six days!), but I'm HODL as I think it'll be worth 10x that in a month or so, when the external promotion campaign bears fruit. Probably worth those of you who have 'spare' PCs & lappies having a shufti at it, but as always DYOR Wink

I'm working on some stuff for the Knights as well, The Lion hasn't forgotten where his first loyalty lies, but I'm in no rush to push it out yet.

So yeah - my 1000th post here, and I became a 'senior' sometime in the last fortnight or so too. Doesn't time fly!

@stevegreer - Great blog, I shared it on FB & twatter.
@kiklo - No sweat, we all 'lose the plot' from time to time. No hard feelings Grin

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:02:49 AM

Good stuff Lion! Thanks for the blog sharing! Can you post of PM me a link to more info on Bytecent? Sounds right up my alley!

Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:48:20 AM

The new wallet looks really kewl & works as advertised Wink Well done Ray. LOVE the idea of having the explorer in the wallet too!

Wallet 2.0.1.4 with Blockexplorer

Chain:
Blockchain, Database, Peers.dat v2.0.1.3 (2014-15-11) ZIP [788 MB] or RAR5 [487 MB]

Binaries:
Mac64 Binary: DMG [14 MB]
Win32 Binary: ZIP [8 MB]

How-to (MacOSX):
Go to: /Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/zeitcoin/ (by pressing ALT/OPTION key in Finder's Go menu)
Delete blkindex.dat or rename to _blkindex.dat
Delete blk0001.dat or rename to _blk0001.dat
Delete Directory database
Sync from the beginning or replace blkindex.dat, blk0001.dat and Database directory with the content of the ZIP file from above.

How-to (Windows):
Go to: C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\zeitcoin
Delete blkindex.dat or rename to _blkindex.dat
Delete blk0001.dat or rename to _blk0001.dat
Delete Directory database
Sync from the beginning or replace blkindex.dat, blk0001.dat and Database directory with the content of the ZIP file from above.

Cheers,
Pages: « 1 ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: