April 23, 2024, 02:00:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009202 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 09:54:57 PM

Let the organ grinder speak, not the monkey.

You were offered the chance to take over the whole counsel idea in the beginning and you ran away from that chance as fast as you could.

So if you want to start up your own version now, then go ahead.
No one is stopping you except for you.

But the ZeitKnights will happen either way.
And No backbiting by you or LION will stop it.

Cool

P.S.
It seems like you too are more into tearing apart the idea of the zeitknights than promoting it.
Maybe you should refocus that energy into creating something else instead of trying to destroy something.
Because your efforts at destroying the zeitknights will be wasted.    Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:09:24 PM

It's good to have a voice of dissent.
I didn't agree on many things Lion said in past, but 'hey'... that's pure democracy.  Wink

I actually thought that we have completed that 'gambling' point?!
It's on the voting list.

For me the poker game is no fundamental principle for this coin (sorry) and it has nothing to do with our ground and our targets.
To prohibit or to control gambling is dictatorial.
In Germany we had such restrictions for many years. But not anymore.

You want me to make a decision in that point? No.

Did Lion answer my question about his mining in relation to the TZM principles? No.

Cheers,
Ray

1) When I asked about clarity, it wasn't about gambling, it was about 'what this coin means'. I guess I want you to stand up & be a leader.

(Every time I try to be succinct, I get mis-interpreted Sad )

2) I didn't understand what your question (about mining) meant, and it seemed somewhat trivial in the light of everything else going on. If it's important to you please rephrase it in a way I can relate to & I'll give a full & true answer.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Mitras

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:17:38 PM

What's so hard to understand? Zeitcoin was founded as a clean Coin. Mining was just possible for a short time.
Zeitcoin should grow about minting and not about wasting a lot of energy with mining. Graphiccards needs a lot of energy which could be used much more useful.

Leader??? I think you don't know anything about Zeitcoin.
Zeitcoin is a COMMUNITY coin.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:25:16 PM

+1

Cool
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:31:48 PM

What's so hard to understand? Zeitcoin was founded as a clean Coin. Mining was just possible for a short time.
Zeitcoin should grow about minting and not about wasting a lot of energy with mining. Graphiccards needs a lot of energy which could be used much more useful.

Leader??? I think you don't know anything about Zeitcoin.

So in your mind, just because Zeit is no longer in a POW phase that means that anyone who owns Zeit should not mine other coins? I fail to see the issue with him mining other coins that he trades off for Zeit. Not everyone has enough money left out of their paychecks to purchase a ton of coins every month, and not all of us are big enough bagholders to subsist on minting alone. Lion mines other coins that he trades off for Zeit. I hit up faucets to get Doge and PND which I use to trade off for Zeit. I do not see a problem here as we are still taking Zeit off of the exchanges, putting them in our wallets and keeping them out of the hands of the whales and serial dumpers.

Mitras

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:39:52 PM

I don't have a problem with it at all. I do the same. But lion is always showing up the principles of Zeit.
But he just dammed " gambling" not wasting energy.
It doesn't matters what ideas we all had, he was against it. The principles of Zeit !!!
Don't damme one think and do just another
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:42:20 PM

1) When I asked about clarity, it wasn't about gambling, it was about 'what this coin means'. I guess I want you to stand up & be a leader.

(Every time I try to be succinct, I get mis-interpreted Sad )

2) I didn't understand what your question (about mining) meant, and it seemed somewhat trivial in the light of everything else going on. If it's important to you please rephrase it in a way I can relate to & I'll give a full & true answer.

1) I have no idea. I've tried to rescue Zeit. I am not any TZM guy - i like >>some<< of their ideas. I am not the leader of ZEIT, i'm the unwanted administrator.
That's the reason why we need the Knights.

2) Please read my posts carefully. My english is not good at all, but i am sure you will understand the question...

I want to give up ZEIT into good hands. The counsel seems to be a good option.

Cheers & good night
Ray
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:54:01 PM

The only two reasons I re-started mining were

a) To support Zeitcoin &

b) Because mining is the most efficient method I have access to for heating my whole cottage.

A 500w PC providing cheaper heat than even the 'Economy 7' radiators fitted - by a factor of about FIVE! - is a NO-BRAINER as far as my finances go.

AS A REMINDER I have been with this coin since day fucking one, I mined about 20 million during PoW & have steadily increased my holding to 150 million since.

I am not, & will not be, intimidated by any johnny-come-lately's with big mouths & bad attitudes. Better than you have come & gone already.

Ray - you can't let the foxes make up the rules for guarding the henhouse!

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:57:21 PM

I don't have a problem with it at all. I do the same. But lion is always showing up the principles of Zeit.
But he just dammed " gambling" not wasting energy.
It doesn't matters what ideas we all had, he was against it. The principles of Zeit !!!
Don't damme one think and do just another

Ok, I understand what you are saying now. But in my opinion, if he is using that energy to mine coins that he can trade off for Zeit, is he truly wasting energy? And in reality, not having Zeit associated with gambling is a much more realistic goal than having the world embrace clean energy any time in the foreseeable future. And it's not really that people don't want to embrace it, moreso that the greedy elite won't let loose of dirty energy until they've fleeced the sheep for every cent they can.

Mitras

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:19:07 PM

Which Foxes? I don't think that anyone here isn't fully behind the Zeitcoin.
I was one of the first too but I was always in the background, but we all have a voice and now I want to be heard.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:45:19 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 12:10:13 AM by kiklo

I am not, & will not be, intimidated by any johnny-come-lately's with big mouths & bad attitudes. Better than you have come & gone already.

Who are you intimidated by ?

And if you don't want the ZeitKnights,
No one is stopping you from creating the ZeitLions (where principles are more important than actions)  Cheesy

Cool

P.S.
You & BainbridgeJ could be the 1st 2 members of the zeitlions.
Start your own zeitlion Postings and let the community know what you are trying to do instead of just being a bunch of NAY Sayers to everyone else.

2nd P.S
You have not even posted any info on the forum about the proxy regulations that you wanted so badly.
So it could be discussed.
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:37:31 AM

No one is stopping you from creating the ZeitLions (where principles are more important than actions)  Cheesy

Ok, I'm scratching my head on this one. Let me make sure I understand you here. Actually, please tell me that your vision for this coin is not action over principles. Or even worse, no principles at all. Because if that is the case, then this coin is doomed. It will end up as nothing more than a stepping stone for the whales to pump and dump us into oblivion. The original basis of this coin was one founded on Zeitgeist principles. I know, I was there in the beginning before our original dev abandoned us. Even though we have removed ourselves from any attempts to gain support from TZM does not mean we have to or want to abandon the principles on which the coin was founded. We CAN have both principles AND action. In fact, I dare say we NEED both in order to truly set us apart from the hundreds of other coins currently floundering on the markets.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:12:38 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 05:44:34 AM by kiklo

Ok, I'm scratching my head on this one. Let me make sure I understand you here. Actually, please tell me that your vision for this coin is not action over principles. Or even worse, no principles at all. Because if that is the case, then this coin is doomed. It will end up as nothing more than a stepping stone for the whales to pump and dump us into oblivion. The original basis of this coin was one founded on Zeitgeist principles. I know, I was there in the beginning before our original dev abandoned us. Even though we have removed ourselves from any attempts to gain support from TZM does not mean we have to or want to abandon the principles on which the coin was founded. We CAN have both principles AND action. In fact, I dare say we NEED both in order to truly set us apart from the hundreds of other coins currently floundering on the markets.

The statement was meant to reflect that LION Seems intent on talking about principles but never taking any action to make things better.
Which sadly is just like the TZM, the amount of money they blow on concerts would have easily help make zeitcoin up in the top 5 coins.

The ZeitKnight's End Game,
To make this World a Better Place for All who reside in it.
By making zeitcoin into a tool that can help someone next door or someone across the world.
When we get zeitcoin to $1 and still have a free faucet which we as knights still fund with our Zeit Interest , it will help people worldwide. And they can decide for themselves how best to use it to help themselves. Once the knight registrations in Feb 2015 are over they can start voting on all of the other stuff they want to say and how they want to say it.
Like I said some Knights may focus only on the area they desire, and no one is forced into anything.
And that is part of the problem with the current discussion , you are trying to control and define what the Knights can or can't do. That will be up to the group once they are fully formed.
You Know Majority Vote, remember that, if you don't like what they do start your own.
The More Groups the Merrier, but the nay saying needs to move on unless it is specific & constructive to the ideas.

Cool

FYI:
Let me make sure I understand you here. Actually, please tell me that your vision for this coin is not action over principles.
What I am saying is Principles without Actions is nothing.
Basically what was happening when I arrived in this Forum, except for Ray who had taken the weight of Zeitcoins on his Shoulders alone while others in here Bicker about actions but make none.
Actions need to be guided by principles to make Change in our world.
But what you need to realize is that the future knights have not even been added to the round table yet, and some of you want me or Ray to state what all of their principles are going to be, do you see how silly that is when none of us even know who the other knights will be. For example if their are 20 new knights and 15 of them vote for something me or Ray don't approve of, We don't have to help them achieve that goal, that is up to the 15 that voted for it. But any issue I do agree with them on , I will throw my full support behind. It will be that way for each ZeitKnight, (It is Called Freedom of Choice).
It is sad in this world that concept is so hard to get across when it should be apparent.
Just shows how much work has to be done to undue the damage that has been done to this world.
Some are looking for a Leader to hold accountable for everything, the thing is a ZeitKnight will Hold no one accountable but himself and look to himself to change the world for the better.
Mitras

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:49:54 AM

Well said kiklo !!!
atronite

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:25:32 AM

Hey, is there any way we could integrate a chat room into the wallet, maybe as part of an optional upgrade? Here's the code you can put into a website as a widget so that all you have to do is put in whatever username you like.

<iframe width="550" height="350" scrolling="no" src="http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=f3e99721c5d2153e517f21c5fb790f4e&server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=%23Zeitcoin"></iframe>

It'd be cool to open the wallet, and then log into the Zeitcoin chat and connect with other wallet users if desired.

As you can see, you can click on the link and go to the IRC site. So if we put it right into the wallet, then it's basically a portal into the rest of the community. It'd be a reason to even keep the wallet open and minting while you chat away. Smiley
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:21:30 AM

Hi guys,

i've recognized some serious fears from your side and will not keep my eyes closed in that point.

Let's play around with some possible scenarios / questions:

Q1) Is the counsel protected against a 51% invasion of a single stakeholder?
Answer: No, with an amount of 1 Billion he will have 10 Voices. We have no mechanism to verify it.

Q2) Is the counsel protected against a group of whales/amateurs (inside the counsel, of course) that want to manipulate the course and the value?
Answer: No, there is no way to control it (until now)

Q3) What can we do to solve Q1) Q2) ?

Q4) Is it necessary to launch a control committee besides? How can we trust them? Should we deal with it like jl777? (No action without the signature of 7 or 8 trusted people)

Q5) Is it needed to have a leader? What is his job? How can we trust him/her?

Let's go down to business.

Cheers and good morning,
Ray

PS: Yesterday while we were still kicking each other's heads, one guy was posting an interesting idea. Nobody takes notice.
Scroll back and the read the post of fxtronic.
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:07:01 PM

I don't have the time or the emotional energy to continue like this.

I can't even keep track of all the 'attacks' against me by kiklo & mitras, never mind respond sufficiently to them.

All I can say is that I refute every single one of them.

I will wait until the formation of the knights, and I will vote according to my conscience upon issues brought before us.

In the meantime, there are FAR more vital issues - personal, local & global - that are more efficient uses of my life-force.

'nuff said.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:18:16 PM

+1

Cool

There should be no personalities ... just sound ideas and just principles.
Block chain tech will allow cutting edge democratic administration.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:43:01 PM

Hey, is there any way we could integrate a chat room into the wallet, maybe as part of an optional upgrade? Here's the code you can put into a website as a widget so that all you have to do is put in whatever username you like.

<iframe width="550" height="350" scrolling="no" src="http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=f3e99721c5d2153e517f21c5fb790f4e&server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=%23Zeitcoin"></iframe>

It'd be cool to open the wallet, and then log into the Zeitcoin chat and connect with other wallet users if desired.

As you can see, you can click on the link and go to the IRC site. So if we put it right into the wallet, then it's basically a portal into the rest of the community. It'd be a reason to even keep the wallet open and minting while you chat away. Smiley

That's no problem. We could place some kind of chat button in the qtGUI.
We should put this idea on our to-do list.

Ray
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:12:48 PM

Explorer News

ZEIT Richlist: http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=ZEIT&top_addresses=100

Search by address: http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=ZEIT

Pages: « 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: